(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 62.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Agreed on all points! So the CGC menu trick is a bit simple. Basically the emulator receives all of the switch matrix events on the game, you then intercept the coin button switch events, stop the CPU clock, overlay the SDL display and redirect all the switch events to the custom menu.
Plus the DMD coloration scheme is likely different as to not infringe upon any of Randy's IP, so it could likely use a bit of tweaking.
I really don't see them getting away from emulation for the remakes though as they just don't have the software talent in house anymore to do it... I hope I'm wrong though! Happy to eat crow on this one.

Oh, I don't see it happening either, but that is what I would like to see.

I would also like to see them move from their own hardware to a P3-ROC, but that definitely won't happen!

A benefit of the P3-ROC would be that Eric's P-ROC code could be relatively easily converted to work with the P3-ROC. That would allow remake owners to run either CGC's or Eric's code, but now I am just dreaming...

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Maybe the delay is due to them getting away from emulation and actually re-writing the code. Having a separate CGC menu always seemed like a hack to me anyway.
The emulation also limits what they can do with colorization. Since WPC games didn't have a separate display ROM, they have to intercept the DMD signal similar to how ColorDMD does it (ColorDMD does a better job). On the remakes, you can occassionally see frames in orange before it changes to color.
I hope that their "new technology" is them getting away from emulation.

Is not true you see orange. The emulation converts to color before output to the display.
They use the core of Pinmame for emulation, so no big deal with Capcom or any other manufacturer, they could also run Stern roms if they add the code for it.
Is already done with pinmame / visual pinball.

My speculation is this, they are remaking MB and due to license agreements, they cannot show the game at this point until they sort out the license issues.
I don't see a better technology being implemented that will be better that what they have.

#153 6 years ago

The reason for not announcing an incomplete or game not ready is simple... to avoid the questions that can't be answered.

With a title, pinside would have a gazillion questions about all the aspects of the game, its offerings, the prices, the options, etc. If all that isn't known and clear, and sharable.... grief is abound when someones question can't be answered.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I, for one, refuse to buy another Street Fighter pin that doesn't have Sakura and Dan in it!

Birdie for sure

#155 6 years ago

I'm confused here. Why does everyone refer to original architecture and code when discussing hurdles to pass for a remake. I thought they are made on totally new architecture and the code would be written from scratch. I'm a software developer and this code is a piece of cake to write. What difference does it make if the original code is assembly or the game was capcom or williams? What am I missing here?

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I'm confused here. Why does everyone refer to original architecture and code when discussing hurdles to pass for a remake. I thought they are made on totally new architecture and the code would be written from scratch. I'm a software developer and this code is a piece of cake to write. What difference does it make if the original code is assembly or the game was capcom or williams? What am I missing here?

They run the original ROM in an emmulator.. and then have an abstraction layer to the real hardware drivers. They don't re-write the original game.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They run the original ROM in an emmulator.. and then have an abstraction layer to the real hardware drivers. They don't re-write the original game.

Exactly.

#158 6 years ago

Hopefully, even if they can’t bring/show the game they at least give us a preview or teaser. I think most would be excited to simply know what the game is. By this point surely they wouldn’t be scrapping it so whats the harm in at least saying what it is?

... were pleased to announce we’re working on X and have lots of great plans for it but nothing we can share yet so don’t ask or here is a small teaser of something that may or may not be in the game.

#159 6 years ago

While I to wanted to hear what is next it does kind of make sense as a business decision to hold the secret a bit longer. With so many (nobody Really knows) amazing and wanted titles in there build arsenal the do have the opportunity to stall buying decisions on JJP, API, Stern, others. Not knowing creates interest/speculation which can drive buying decisions there way and stall others. Just a crazy thought. I know one of my game purchase decisions is on hold till they open there secret vault.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While I to wanted to hear what is next it does kind of make sense as a business decision to hold the secret a bit longer. With so many (nobody Really knows) amazing and wanted titles in there build arsenal the do have the opportunity to stall buying decisions on JJP, API, Stern, others. Not knowing creates interest/speculation which can drive buying decisions there way and stall others. Just a crazy thought. I know one of my game purchase decisions is on hold till they open there secret vault.

Yeah, but it can also be risky...
There is the possibility that another game release speaks more to me than an unknown game. I guess it depends on how good you feel about your product in relation to the rest of the field.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah, but it can also be risky...
There is the possibility that another game release speaks more to me than an unknown game. I guess it depends on how good you feel about your product in relation to the rest of the field.

I don’t see any risk to CGC because let’s be honest - people buying $7-10k toys obviously are so motivated to buy these toys I don’t think the delay will really impact sales regardless of what people say on an internet thread. If you want it you will buy it. Maybe you buy it later then originally planned but you likely still buy. The only thing that will truly burn you is if the company doesn’t deliver on a major promise — and CGC’s delay appears to be aimed to make sure that the latter doesn’t happen.

Think about it: if CGc promised new feature X and the machine cost $7k, then couldn’t implement feature X after all people instantly feel ripped off by the $7k. If you keep your mouth shut until all is confirmed no one balks at your announcement since they don’t know what is missing (or if anything is missing!)

(Insert joke about Stern game code releases here)

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from dkeruza:

Is not true you see orange. The emulation converts to color before output to the display.
They use the core of Pinmame for emulation, so no big deal with Capcom or any other manufacturer, they could also run Stern roms if they add the code for it.
My speculation is this, they are remaking MB and due to license agreements, they cannot show the game at this point until they sort out the license issues.
I don't see a better technology being implemented that will be better that what they have.

Come on man do you even pinball ........... But on a serious note, I know him personally and I take his words as facts. If he says its a great system Im sure he knows what he's talking about. That and his repair skills on SMT stuff are waaaaaay beyond what I can do, even know I work in this field as my main source of income.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from dkeruza:

When I was asking questions about the platform (maybe at Expo 2014?), they claimed to be using their own emulator core and not PinMAME. Same concept, but different code.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from dkeruza:

Do you really think they would go to the trouble of remaking a game without having the licensing issues worked out first?

For any of the licensed themes, I’m pretty sure the first thing would be to re-secure the license.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from tomlogic:

When I was asking questions about the platform (maybe at Expo 2014?), they claimed to be using their own emulator core and not PinMAME. Same concept, but different code.

The emulator is written by the same person who wrote Pinmame, so the concept is actually the same. They can't use Pinmame's "Exactly source code", otherwise they would have to release it to the public as pinmame (mame) is an open source project.

Quoted from Damonator:

Do you really think they would go to the trouble of remaking a game without having the licensing issues worked out first?
For any of the licensed themes, I’m pretty sure the first thing would be to re-secure the license.

I think you are right, I speculated too much...

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Come on man do you even pinball ........... But on a serious note, I know him personally and I take his words as facts. If he says its a great system Im sure he knows what he's talking about. That and his repair skills on SMT stuff are waaaaaay beyond what I can do, even know I work in this field as my main source of income.

Thanks bud!

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from dkeruza:

My speculation is this, they are remaking MB and due to license agreements, they cannot show the game at this point until they sort out the license issues. I don't see a better technology being implemented that will be better that what they have.

That's probably it - if it was a "technological issue", they could have shown a prototype of the pin, but if its a licensing issue, they cannot make the pin public with the non-licensed art etc. Its MB then.

#168 6 years ago

As for the reason the new release did not happen....... only CGC knows that. Either way they build a great product.

#169 6 years ago

IMO CGC has three games about ready to produce - CCr, MBr and CVr. All have an issue to resolve, so whichever happens first will be first. However it is also my opinion that the other two will be announced once ready. Leading them to be make all three games simultaneously. Save your pennies folks, come this Fall it could be open manufacturing season at CGC factory. Then in a few years, TOM and BBB will be made.

edit - with releases of CV and later TOM pinball and with the death of the prepaid model, people are guaranteed to get a newly made JPOP game with little risk when asked to pay up. That offers much needed protection and I am interested in CVr when offered.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

IMO CGC has three games about ready to produce - CCr, MBr and CVr.

What about a non remake pin ?

LTG : )

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well pinball is hard #1
Dobn't really think it makes financial sense does it? You have a few games that are "guaranteed" (likely anyway) to make good sales...don't know if it's worth it to rock the boat.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dobn't really think it makes financial sense does it?

No idea about that. But you have the assembly line. You have the people. And only so many remakes that you can do. And they have mentioned they are looking into doing their own games.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

European Vacation?

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And they have mentioned they are looking into doing their own games.

Well yeah...whom isn't these days

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's good.

Not everyone has an assembly line and trained people though. And will double their capacity this year compared to last year.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If I had $3M to piss away, I wouldn't be starting a new pinball venture with it. Lots of easier ways to invest and live a stress free life. Now, if I had $10M to piss away and a desire to start a new business and didn't mind it crashing and burning, I would become a pinball manufacturer.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well pinball is hard #1
Dobn't really think it makes financial sense does it? You have a few games that are "guaranteed" (likely anyway) to make good sales...don't know if it's worth it to rock the boat.

I agree with this 100%.... to early in the game to take a chance like that. To many easy sales with BBBr, CCr, MBr and others to risk a flop at this point in time.

They are still have some technical issues they seem to be working out and IMO I would not take that risk..... but what the hell do I know.

#178 6 years ago

I can't see any tech issue delaying MBR unless its just late... BBB though, different platform, and even if it is pinmame based, bit different to drive a picture than an actual motor/coil etc. Whatever the delay its great to see someone have the cahonies to delay and get it as right as possible.

#179 6 years ago

I'm going to laugh so hard when #3 is there, and they pull off the biggest "had you going..." moment in a while. You really think anyone associated with CGC would tell you "Yeah, you're right. We're pulling a fast one. You got us. Good job."?

And even if it's not there, this is becoming the BIGGEST show of the year. WGAF if it's not there; there's more to this show than game reveals. At least that's how some of us who have never been are seeing this.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

ou really think anyone associated with CGC would tell you

I wouldn't. I wasn't sure they were still sending me after the announced delay.

No surprises. #3 won't be at TPF.

#181 6 years ago

Pretty sure it BBBr

#182 6 years ago

Spoiler Alert!
It"s Gilligan's Island Remake. GIr

#183 6 years ago

Or maybe CCr

#184 6 years ago

Is it a Predator and they almost have the license?

#185 6 years ago

Or maybe ToMr

#186 6 years ago

I think its Tic Tac Toe remake!

#187 6 years ago

I really want VAr

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I really want VAr

That would be as good as a Vault Edition Rollercoaster Tycoon.

#189 6 years ago

It's Punchy The Clown R

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's Punchy The Clown R

Oh man. You just broke your NDA.

#191 6 years ago

Heard a strong rumor it’s STTNGr

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Heard a strong rumor it’s STTNGr

Chances of that are really low. They made a lot, not that expensive, and probably isn't the easiest thing to license either.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from LuxZ:

Chances of that are really low. They made a lot, not that expensive, and probably isn't the easiest thing to license either.

I don't think Mr. Wacky is serious...

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think Mr. Wacky is serious

That's why he is Wacky.....

#195 6 years ago

Remake sounds like something you would find at Waffle House....

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Remake sounds like something you would find at Waffle House....

That's an awful good waffle then.

#197 6 years ago

Wanted to throw another theory out there. Maybe CGC is thinking way outside the box here. Take CC for example; the "2.0" mod is out there and certainly CGC is aware of the interest there. What if they are working on a flexible platform for CCr and maybe even upcoming pins. Think of a platform where versions of the rulesets can be changed and maybe even modified by the owner/user and shared with others. I could see that being a big technical undertaking, far beyond the physical aspects of a pin which as many have said is not where the challenge would be.

#199 6 years ago

I should have said CCC, sorry for the confusion. The updated ruleset mod that is floating around out there.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

That's an awful good waffle then

An Awful Waffle.... hmmmm you might be on to something!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.