(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 62.
#1901 5 years ago

Hold the start button in after the second ball starts and it’ll restart your game. Might need to be on Free Play for that to work.

Still looking forward to this game, but patience is running out and other games are looking good as well.

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

turn an original MB on and you can starting playing it almost instantly. Turn on an MBr and it will take 90 seconds to boot up.
Do they actually? Like the stern games with lcds? Bummer. I was unaware of this. I suffer from bad first ball reset syndrome sometimes.

My AMFrLE did take a good while to boot. It might only be 60 seconds, but it sure feels like a very long time. Much longer than a Stern spike game. Not even close to how fast a Bally DMD or Stern SAM boots.

Pro tip: once the 2nd ball ejects into the shooter lane, hold the start button in. That will reset you to ball one on almost any pinball machine out there.

Note: Don't hold the start button in before ball two is in the shooter lane though, or you will start player two and have to wait until it comes back to player one to be able to reset it again with the start button.

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I'm really surprised that CGC allowed pictures to be taken during the testing.

I'm really surprised it took most of the YEAR to leak anything publicly.

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Pro tip: once the 2nd ball ejects into the shooter lane, hold the start button in. That will reset you to ball one on almost any pinball machine out there.

I just walked over to my games to try this. Mind blown. I had no idea. I've only had Sam system or earlier so haven't really needed it but I thought about the boot time when looking at Iron Maiden

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Note: Don't hold the start button in before ball two is in the shooter lane though, or you will start player two and have to wait until it comes back to player one to be able to reset it again with the start button.

This tip just changed my life.

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

My AMFrLE did take a good while to boot. It might only be 60 seconds, but it sure feels like a very long time. Much longer than a Stern spike game. Not even close to how fast a Bally DMD or Stern SAM boots.

It may be dumb but for "me":
If I want loading screens I play video games.

I CAME to pinball, because I got tired of booting up my PlayStation, having to install updates every time because I just play once in a while.
I want to be able to turn the game instant on, play one or two short games, and get back to work/ to sleep or whatever.

(Oh, and thx for the tip! )

#1907 5 years ago

It takes my AFMr exactly 30 seconds to boot. Not a big deal at all.

#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I just walked over to my games to try this. Mind blown. I had no idea. I've only had Sam system or earlier so haven't really needed it but I thought about the boot time when looking at Iron Maiden

Most games have this feature in the menus. Some need to be turned on. I keep mine set to off. To me it’s all about 3rd ball.

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Question for moderators: Why do some leaks (for example from Stern) get removed immediately after they are posted and others (such as this MBr leak) remain and even get highlighted as a key post?

Quoted from Aurich:

I just assume Stern is on the ball asking for images to be taken down, and that's why the Munster leaks haven't been passed around even though they came out months ago. I sure wasn't gonna post them.

The Munsters photos that you're referring to were removed by the OP. I don't think most of the mod team even had a chance to see them. I sure didn't. My best guess is that someone else contacted the OP directly about removing them.

The account with the MB photos was an obvious throwaway account, so it was banned, as per policy for duplicate/throwaway accounts. If someone has something to post, it needs to be posted from an established account.

Several regular members have the ability to mark key posts, so it's not necessarily a moderator who might mark a post.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from Monsterbashbombs:

Its October now. Not trying to be an ass CGC but I didnt sign anything.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yesssssssss!!!! You win the internet today

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

This tip just changed my life.

It's a slippery slope. That's why there's an option to remove the feature in the system menus.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

It takes my AFMr exactly 30 seconds to boot. Not a big deal at all.

My AFMrle boots faster than my TOM, IJ, MM etc.

Some older games like 1st gen JJP, take awhile to boot but not a lot.

So for the most part its nonsense.

#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My AFMrle boots faster than my TOM, IJ, MM etc.
Some older games like 1st gen JJP, take awhile to boot but not a lot.
So for the most part its nonsense.

If you swap out the motherboard so it's the same one as in The Hobbit, WoZ load time is SUBSTANTIALLY reduced.

#1914 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you swap out the motherboard so it's the same one as in The Hobbit, WoZ load time is SUBSTANTIALLY reduced.

I have a new spare mb with an i5 ready to go when the time comes
Also a new Samsung ssd.

It should be a nice upgrade.

#1915 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Boot time is not terrible on Iron Maiden. Not lightning quick like SAM, but tolerable.

#1916 5 years ago

Good Afternoon Pinsiders.

We are working hard to get Monster Bash out the door and into your hands, and are very close to its release.
Since somebody decided to share some images from #monster-bash-limited-edition , we decided to show you a sneak preview of the topper.

More details will be coming in the next few weeks.

Keep your eyes open and ears listening as Monster Bash is getting ready to Rock Again.

Three Image Combined Topper Layout - Web (resized).jpgThree Image Combined Topper Layout - Web (resized).jpg
#1917 5 years ago

That looks like a very nice sculpt to me.

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

We are working hard to get Monster Bash out the door and into your hands, and are very close to its release.
Since somebody decided to share some images from #monster-bash-limited-edition , we decided to show you a sneak preview of the topper.
Keep your eyes open and ears listening as Monster Bash is getting ready to Rock Again. [quoted image]

Very cool response to what could have been a crap situation. Best of luck to CGC with these!!

#1919 5 years ago

Looks even better with lightings, now we need some playfield pics

#1920 5 years ago

Yeah, that looks like some nice lighting. Very cool. Nice pics

#1921 5 years ago

Looks like Drac has the Batman logo on his guitar! That’s probably the cause of the licensing delay

#1922 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Thanks for posting! As, you can see, we are pretty excited to see the game!

#1923 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

we decided to show you a sneak preview of the topper.

Very cool!! Thanks Ryan.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Keep your eyes open and ears listening as Monster Bash is getting ready to Rock Again. [quoted image]

Bitchin' Topper - very cool sculpt.

Do we have the get the LE to get the topper? or can we order it with the SE?

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Thank you Ryan. Topper looks great !

LTG : )

#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you Ryan. Topper looks great !
LTG : )

Nice job on this Ryan!

Tell Doug Duba to get the ball rolling on this game.

We want to see it at Expo.

#1927 5 years ago

Is the topper interactive like the one on AFMrLE?

#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Is the topper interactive like the one on AFMrLE?

It remember reading someone said no because it looked like AC/DC clicky band members and made it look cheap.

#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just assume Stern is on the ball asking for images to be taken down, and that's why the Munster leaks haven't been passed around even though they came out months ago. I sure wasn't gonna post them.
I dunno what people were hoping for, but it's Monster Bash. We already knew it wouldn't have new code, what did you really expect? Has some light up toy and sculpted topper, the basics. If you want a Monster Bash now you can get one. If you needed convincing extra stuff to get one then my advice to you is pass on the game. Because it's super fun, but ultimately pretty shallow, and if you're not all in just with the basics already no little extra doodad is going to transform it into some kind of deep keeper title.

The desperate thirst of pinside never ceases to amaze me. But if all the thirst, the begging for remake reveals takes the cake.

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The desperate thirst of pinside never ceases to amaze me. But if all the thirst, the begging for remake reveals takes the cake.

Pinball Crack...

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Looks even better with lightings, now we need some playfield pics

Here you go.

D969F0F2-DEED-4B1B-A494-C39C2342C353 (resized).jpegD969F0F2-DEED-4B1B-A494-C39C2342C353 (resized).jpeg
#1932 5 years ago

Just saw the high res pics on Facebook form CGC, after this long delay I’m definitely not impressed with the topper from the initial pictures. I have their afmrle and the topper is what makes the game a have to have vs original. I’m glad I passed on an Le to this point. I’m not saying the game looks like crap, but I don’t see what the topper adds right now besides some lights. It’s also missing a few favorites for me. I’m sure it will be a great nib but I’m gonna see how it all shakes out during the release.

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Just saw the high res pics on Facebook form CGC, after this long delay I’m definitely not impressed with the topper from the initial pictures. I have their afmrle and the topper is what makes the game a have to have vs original. I’m glad I passed on an Le to this point. I’m not saying the game looks like crap, but I don’t see what the topper adds right now besides some lights. It’s also missing a few favorites for me. I’m sure it will be a great nib but I’m gonna see how it all shakes out during the release.

Are there a lot of animated toppers out there?

All I ever see is static displays with lighting effects.

Show us some pics please.

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here you go. [quoted image]

I was in on a monster bash remake but now that I see the playfield is a monster bash I’m starting to wonder if I should get a Munsters.

Plus I’ve been waiting 20 years to buy a monster bash and this interminable delay of many months is causing further doubt on whether or not this is the game for me.

#1935 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was in on a monster bash remake but now that I see the playfield is a monster bash I’m starting to wonder if I should get a Munsters.
Plus I’ve been waiting 20 years to buy a monster bash and this interminable delay of many months is causing further doubt on whether or not this is the game for me.

Now you're being silly

#1937 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That there was funny. lol thanks.

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks better than the original. Nice job CGC

#1939 5 years ago

Thanks Ryan! True playfield pics would be awesome. Not some 20 year old ones that someone posted. When it’s ready, you have buyers. I am patient

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

deliver (resized).jpgdeliver (resized).jpg
#1941 5 years ago

Generally as a whole I don't like toppers. I just don't think they add anything and most of the time look really bad... But, I like this topper. I think it looks cool... But, I don't think I can afford an LE...
And I think that is what pisses me off about the current state of this hobby. I can afford a pro, I can afford a premium... But, an LE generally is just too much money, for stuff that truly doesn't matter. I really wish they'd just like you add the features you want.
And just say boom here is the basic model, you want this toy, that's this price, you want this feature, this art package.
Or ... I don't know... Maybe do away with Pro, Prem, and LE... I know that won't happen...
But, this is a topper I'd consider buying and getting for my machine.
And I don't really care about interactive toppers either. I just think this looks cool.

#1942 5 years ago

Something I have been wanting to say so badly!!!!! Yes!!!! The topper looks so amazing in person with the lights!!!!!! Wait til you all play it in person, the lighting looks so amazing on the toppers!!

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Something I have been wanting to say so badly!!!!! Yes!!!! The topper looks so amazing in person with the lights!!!!!! Wait til you all play it in person, the lighting looks so amazing on the toppers!!

It really is well done!
I thought it suited the game and the light show was superb.

Static display or not, it's a really nice high quality sculpture that is beautifully rendered.

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

So, it would be safe to say it was amazingly amazing!

#1945 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So, it would be safe to say it was amazingly amazing!

wow, amazing!

#1946 5 years ago

What is height of game with topper. Thanks.

#1947 5 years ago

This was my old topper we made for my old MB. We made it interactive. Linked to Frankenstein flashers.

41F50300-5D69-4884-8E96-B8B86E09C9F8 (resized).jpeg41F50300-5D69-4884-8E96-B8B86E09C9F8 (resized).jpegA9690958-189D-4D13-B868-C0FE4E86FBD4 (resized).pngA9690958-189D-4D13-B868-C0FE4E86FBD4 (resized).pngAE522279-1813-4B3C-83F9-7A7E0428FB36 (resized).jpegAE522279-1813-4B3C-83F9-7A7E0428FB36 (resized).jpegE2AF9991-6AD9-43C2-9F04-527304DA99D0 (resized).jpegE2AF9991-6AD9-43C2-9F04-527304DA99D0 (resized).jpeg
#1948 5 years ago

I don’t begrudge anyone that likes toppers, but I do think that anyone that decides on whether a game is good or not (or let’s that impact their buying decision) is because of the topper, they aren’t really in it for the pinball. I have a FT with the topper. The effects are really cool. It’s well done and well integrated, but if it was gone it wouldn’t change my opinion of FT one bit.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

This was my old topper we made for my old MB

That looks crazy cool! Nice job.

#1950 5 years ago

Is this ado really about Kaneda leaking a shitty photo?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.