(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 62.
#1851 5 years ago

And to think, companies seem to prefer a sloppy reveal such as this to a nice, clean, visual, and informative presentation to build sales? I will never understand this industry. Haha

#1852 5 years ago

One thing is for sure, there's a Monster smack down in our future. In one corner we have MBr and in the other, The Munsters.

Ding Ding Ding.

#1853 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

We will likely never know.

Damn right we will never know. We have only heard 1 thing from CGC since Spring - and that is only 'Yeah, it's MB'. --- And that was due to it being uncovered.

For God's sake, aside from that admission (not really an announcement) we may not have heard anything at all - and it is October.

#1854 5 years ago

I really do not get the business justification for the secrecy.

GM keeps the new Corvette under wraps because if people saw the new one, they would wait and it cannibalizes the sale of the existing model.

That is not the case here. It just seems unnecessary. All it *might* have accomplished (had it been a secret) is hide whatever bumbling is causing the delay.

You can still have an official 'reveal' but I do not get the NDAs and all the hush-hush.

#1855 5 years ago

Holy shit! The Monster Bash remake looks like.......................................................................a Monster Bash.

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

You can still have an official 'reveal' but I do not get the NDAs and all the hush-hush.

Especially considering its a game we all have played! It was no secret that it would have a large display and topper. I think part of the reason that the topper is getting a blah reception is GCG knocked it out of the park on the AFM one.

#1857 5 years ago

Considering this is a leaked photo taken out of context of initial release. Consider a prototype. I have no idea if this is real, fan creation or indeed prototype. Looks cool to me. Now the long wait. I wonder if they have ran production on cabinets or any pieces in advance of the release to shotgun this thing.

#1858 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Considering this is a leaked photo taken out of context of initial release. Consider a prototype. I have no idea if this is real, fan creation or indeed prototype. Looks cool to me. Now the long wait. I wonder if they have ran production on cabinets or any pieces in advance of the release to shotgun this thing.

Trust this is not a prototype or fake image. That Is the game take it or leave it but don’t expect more than you see. Nothing to be disappointed by honestly just not more than you see.

#1859 5 years ago

It really feels like they had something else planned and for whatever reason had to be pulled. We will likely never know.

Mabye ASOA was right and another version of the software was supposed to happen ( as they would need to also update software on Cactus Canyon)
When Doug Left, things went in another direction?

#1860 5 years ago

What does it matter if Doug left or not? People come and go from companies everyday. Holy crap I see people come and go every 3 months in my industry. Doesn't mean a thing.

#1861 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Mabye ASOA was right and another version of the software was supposed to happen ( as they would need to also update software on Cactus Canyon)

It does have that feeling. I can't image that license issues would have held this up six months.

#1862 5 years ago

I've been waiting to see how I want to spend my money for so long that I'm glad to have any pics of this. Maybe dont make a big deal about testing after customers have already been foaming at the mouth for this title only to then draw it out another month or more. I've passed on many titles saving my money this one. I dont regret it but there is so much competition out there this year that I'm not as excited as I was even 2months ago. I would have dropped all my money blindly on an LE though based on afmr so thanks for the time to reconsider I guess? Im starting to think maybe I'll just wait another year or 2 and get a SE on the second hand market and get a used afmr for now.
Long story short, I'm sure this will be another great cgc game. People can start to decide which model is best for them now

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

And to think, companies seem to prefer a sloppy reveal such as this to a nice, clean, visual, and informative presentation to build sales? I will never understand this industry. Haha

If they really were waiting for some final incense approval before announcing things, they have to wait. They're a company, not some anonymous jerk on an internet forum. If they post things without approval that's a problem.

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trust this is not a prototype or fake image. That Is the game take it or leave it but don’t expect more than you see. Nothing to be disappointed by honestly just not more than you see.

Pretty sure statements like this are against your NDA terms. It doesn't matter that someone else posted something first, that doesn't mean "cat's out of the bag I can say anything now"

For all we know this could be a mockup from someone's basement (which I doubt, but it's possible) and you are confirming the fact that this is indeed the CGC final offering of what you will get.

#1865 5 years ago

Let's be real here, we were all hoping for a serious contender for stern and what we got was just a classic that's more readily available. Still a great game, but what does it bring to the table? Afmr brought killer saucer light show, shaker, a topper that actually takes yours eyes off the game to look up and smile. Stern has been killing it past few releases and I expect munsters to provide the same upward trend in game design

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Afmr brought killer saucer light show, shaker,

I wonder if this will have a shaker. I'm guessing it will as MMr and AFMr do.

#1867 5 years ago

I wonder if this will have a shaker. I'm guessing it will as MMr and AFMr do.

Yeah but shaker is standard of new games not really offering much

#1868 5 years ago

I'm still hoping that they switched to a P3-ROC, and that's what caused the delay.

They mentioned "new technology", but I'm not seeing any new technology in the pictures.

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

They mentioned "new technology", but I'm not seeing any new technology in the pictures.

Great point. I totally forgot they had mentioned this.

#1870 5 years ago

Great point. I totally forgot they had mentioned this.

Of course, it's also possible that they were planning something new and had to abandon it.

#1871 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If they really were waiting for some final incense approval before announcing things, they have to wait. They're a company, not some anonymous jerk on an internet forum. If they post things without approval that's a problem.

Absolutely agree, but if that’s in fact the case, why in the world allow outside consumers a chance to come in, play it, and report on it in private to individuals that can leak the info? Just seems like a sloppy marketing move that in no way helps sell product.

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Pretty sure statements like this are against your NDA terms. It doesn't matter that someone else posted something first, that doesn't mean "cat's out of the bag I can say anything now"
For all we know this could be a mockup from someone's basement (which I doubt, but it's possible) and you are confirming the fact that this is indeed the CGC final offering of what you will get.

Fair enough and I do respect your point. Bottom line we are all simple high end toy collectors. Not investors in secret spy satellites lol. While I didn’t disclose anything I did confirm the disclosure as real my bad. Just seems like at this point and delay assumptions and hope are pretty well defined. Buyers will be happy with the product (some day) and we can all move onto the next rumor and hope.

#1873 5 years ago

Question for moderators: Why do some leaks (for example from Stern) get removed immediately after they are posted and others (such as this MBr leak) remain and even get highlighted as a key post?

#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Question for moderators: Why do some leaks (for example from Stern) get removed immediately after they are posted and others (such as this MBr leak) remain and even get highlighted as a key post?

Hmmmmm.... Interesting question.

#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I'm still hoping that they switched to a P3-ROC, and that's what caused the delay.

I don't see that as being likely.

Now that they've developed their own system for the remakes, there'd be little incentive not to use it, at least for MBr. P3ROC would be more expensive, plus they'd need to train their team to use the new environment. Also, their beaglebones are way cheaper than the mini-PCs being used on TNA / ACNC / Houdini / Kingpin / presumably Oktoberfest. There's no reason to use the P3ROC if there isn't new code - which they stated there isn't.

Whether their system is suitable for games which will likely require a total rewrite or massive additions to code, like CC / BBB / ToM is another question. Also, presumably, they will graduate to original titles at some point, if they stay in the game.

MBr is the last 'easy' one.

At least on the software side, as remarked on by a few forum members, it does seem a bit basic, with some pretty rudimentary colour masking on the display (as distinct from the excellent art / colouring). So how much the system is capable of is somewhat open to question.

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not investors in secret spy satellites lol

No kidding - they are making pinball machine games - not fighter jets.

Here is the MBr messaging:

The MB remake (MBr) will use the latest in pinball technology to renew a pinball classic. It will have modern LED lighting, updated play field toys and mechs to improve reliability. SE and LE buyers will have a new and amazing pinball machine topper.

[[Insert cool pictures of machine here]]

We expect to begin shipping later this year. The models are [[insert models and cost here]] *

* Final game features and pricing subject to change.

#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They have blocked the account. This smells like another attempt at gathering podcast material.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't see that as being likely.
Now that they've developed their own system for the remakes, there'd be little incentive not to use it, at least for MBr. P3ROC would be more expensive, plus they'd need to train their team to use the new environment. Also, their beaglebones are way cheaper than the mini-PCs being used on TNA / ACNC / Houdini / Kingpin / presumably Oktoberfest. There's no reason to use the P3ROC if there isn't new code - which they stated there isn't.
Whether their system is suitable for games which will likely require a total rewrite or massive additions to code, like CC / BBB / ToM is another question. Also, presumably, they will graduate to original titles at some point, if they stay in the game.
MBr is the last 'easy' one.
At least on the software side, as remarked on by a few forum members, it does seem a bit basic, with some pretty rudimentary colour masking on the display (as distinct from the excellent art / colouring). So how much the system is capable of is somewhat open to question.

I agree. I don't think it's likely either, but that is still what I would like to see.

Also, my understanding is that they don't currently have much of a software team, so it seems very unlikely that they would switch platforms.

#1880 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Also, my understanding is that they don't currently have much of a software team

Correct. The high res color dot work was farmed out. At least on MMr and AFMr it was.

#1881 5 years ago

Correct. The high res color dot work was farmed out. At least on MMr and AFMr it was.

Graphics and code are not the same thing. I'm pretty sure the company who did the dots did not do the software. Indeed, they were appointed long into the development cycle of MMr AFAIK.

#1882 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trust that IS the final topper lol. When I seen it I asked does it move or do Anything? Nope. Just a plastic statue with an RGB light flashing. To me the topper compared to AFM had no value Especially with the repeated hype about how amazing it would be. I actually laughed that I had to sign an NDA to not disclose (which I didn’t thanks poster) that 1 feature. Hence the reason I said a very nice game but nothing more than a stock game with a nicer monitor and plastic topper. Funny that someone took pictures lol. So much for NDA’s doing that.

I want a Monster in a bottle !!

#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Graphics and code are not the same thing.

Very true. Was the emulation done in house?

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

They have blocked the account. This smells like another attempt at gathering podcast material.[quoted image]

Does paranoia smell?

#1885 5 years ago

Does Stern still manufacture (assemble? I'm not sure what verb to use here) for Chicago gaming like they did with MMr?

Deadpool seems to be selling well and has gone through what seems like a pretty long run here. It's possible they are waiting for that to finish before pressing forward to a great degree.

#1886 5 years ago

I'm still waiting for my Hobbit topper...

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

Does Stern still manufacture (assemble? I'm not sure what verb to use here) for Chicago gaming like they did with MMr?

No.

#1888 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I don’t disagree with anything you said and I Love CGC as I own both of their other titles. My point that I hope you can understand is that there is NO reason to spend $$$$$ on this pin if you already Own one? For $250 you could get a nicer topper and single lightning mod cap. Add a color DMD and your done. Nothing bad with this game just a foolish investment if you already own one.

There is also a bit of risk with every new in box purchase that something is a bit wrong with the machine you happen to get. It is a bit of a lottery. If that something is serious, it can be a stressful time trying to ensure the warranty is as good as it looks on paper. Moving from a nice MB to an MBrLE is not necessarily a net positive gain. Not all things are better. One small example is you turn an original MB on and you can starting playing it almost instantly. Turn on an MBr and it will take 90 seconds to boot up. I realize that is a small thing, but new isn't always better in every way.

#1889 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just fyi that it is not limited to moderators to mark posts as "key posts" so it is definitely possible that someone other than a moderator marked it as a key post, and then later a moderator or other pinside staff member took action on that account.

#1890 5 years ago

When I talked to Ashley about the topper and if it moved her response was that they initially had a topper that moved. Kind of like the AC/DC band members that slide back and forth. She said it looked like a toy you'd see on stage at a chucky cheese in the 80's, so they ditched that idea and had an artist sculpt the new topper.

#1891 5 years ago

Wow, people really testing out their NDA's here.....Bad Idea

#1892 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wow, people really testing out their NDA's here.....Bad Idea

True but it's also creating a ton of buzz for CGC. That can't be all bad in this crowded NIB market

#1893 5 years ago

I just assume Stern is on the ball asking for images to be taken down, and that's why the Munster leaks haven't been passed around even though they came out months ago. I sure wasn't gonna post them.

I dunno what people were hoping for, but it's Monster Bash. We already knew it wouldn't have new code, what did you really expect? Has some light up toy and sculpted topper, the basics. If you want a Monster Bash now you can get one. If you needed convincing extra stuff to get one then my advice to you is pass on the game. Because it's super fun, but ultimately pretty shallow, and if you're not all in just with the basics already no little extra doodad is going to transform it into some kind of deep keeper title.

#1894 5 years ago

True but it's also creating a ton of buzz for CGC. That can't be all bad in this crowded NIB market

LoL yeah that's how a NDA works........

#1895 5 years ago

turn an original MB on and you can starting playing it almost instantly. Turn on an MBr and it will take 90 seconds to boot up.

Do they actually? Like the stern games with lcds? Bummer. I was unaware of this. I suffer from bad first ball reset syndrome sometimes.

#1896 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just assume Stern is on the ball asking for images to be taken down, and that's why the Munster leaks haven't been passed around even though they came out months ago. I sure wasn't gonna post them.
I dunno what people were hoping for, but it's Monster Bash. We already knew it wouldn't have new code, what did you really expect? Has some light up toy and sculpted topper, the basics. If you want a Monster Bash now you can get one. If you needed convincing extra stuff to get one then my advice to you is pass on the game. Because it's super fun, but ultimately pretty shallow, and if you're not all in just with the basics already no little extra doodad is going to transform it into some kind of deep keeper title.

Onahole coindoor doodad mech would make the game way deeper!
(But better fitting in Heighways upcoming Playboy title.)

#1897 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

turn an original MB on and you can starting playing it almost instantly. Turn on an MBr and it will take 90 seconds to boot up. I realize that is a small thing, but new isn't always better in every way.

Do they actually? Like the stern games with lcds? Bummer. I was unaware of this. I suffer from bad first ball reset syndrome sometimes.

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Then just hold down the start button, there's no need to power cycle the game.

#1899 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Then just hold down the start button, there's no need to power cycle the game.

Ah. Cool. I've only played cgc games on location. Never had to boot one up

#1900 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

way.

Do they actually? Like the stern games with lcds? Bummer. I was unaware of this. I suffer from bad first ball reset syndrome sometimes

Yes. However , once ball 2 is served you can hold the start button for a few seconds and it will start a new game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 210.00
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/38?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.