(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 169 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3078 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 62.
#1801 9 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Oh, it’s an 11:30pm boom alright. Also... photos copied to phone before they get removed so I can show the GF in the morning.
Interesting that they have the entire CGC logo illuminated under the screen.

Did the same I’m such a nerd haha. I just picked up a MB last month. Still very cool to see.

Nice to have some juicy leaks, it’s been a slow couple months!

Presume you can change CGC screen to whatever you like. Guessing figures on topper rock out a bit, and the disc in the back is a plasma thingie?

#1802 9 months ago

I think any topper will be a let down compared to AFMRLE.....at least we know they can build one

#1803 9 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Oh, it’s an 11:30pm boom alright. Also... photos copied to phone before they get removed so I can show the GF in the morning.
Interesting that they have the entire CGC logo illuminated under the screen. Wonder if that’s permanent or because they can’t put the Williams logo there until licensor approves.
Will be interesting to see topper in action.

That little area with the logo is configurable on AfMr. You can put whatever you want in there.

Also the simulated plasma thing in the upper left of the playfield is probably these (or something very much like it):

#1804 9 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

the display looks awesome!

dippindots02 (resized).jpg
#1805 9 months ago

Too bad the pictures are so poor.
They really dont do it justice at all.

#1806 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

That little area with the logo is configurable on AfMr. You can put whatever you want in there.
Also the simulated plasma thing in the upper left of the playfield is probably these (or something very much like it):

I think you're wrong about that. I'm pretty sure it's a gateway to other worlds

#1807 9 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I think you're wrong about that. I'm pretty sure it's a gateway to other worlds

I don't think CGC is remaking Gottleibs.

#1808 9 months ago

I have a beautiful original MB, was thinking of selling after ordering a MBRLE

More excited about the Munsters, I have a LE locked up which will look great next to my AF Gold . Gave up on the TBL,
I get excited for pins but I burn out quick waiting n waiting

555E0067-7B10-4CB6-81AB-647D99EAD89F (resized).jpeg
#1809 9 months ago

I think that’s meant to be the full moon for wolf - wonder if it changes as you hit the loop.

#1810 9 months ago

So they have made a topper that copies the translite ……. but with only half the band?

#1811 9 months ago

The topper doesn't move but has a cool light show. The CGC logo on screen is the same one that's used on the MMr test machine with the big display. CGC can't use the WMS logo. As mentioned above this is changeable in AFMr so probably the same here.

#1812 9 months ago

The topper looks very small. Not that big wow I was hoping for... let’s wait for pricing..

#1813 9 months ago

Nice, They included the $5 plasma disc, They are cool !

My guess is the hang up may be around dots to LCD conversion, rather than licencing.
LCD animation doesn't look right to me ?
Seems coding resources for pinball may be hard to find these days ? Top gun coders/ developers are probably paid better making apps :/

Really sad that CGC was not able to achieve a clean and timely release. sad for the spoiler, ultimately did not do anyone any favors. We all knew the game was coming.

Appreciate CGC are obviously doing their best to have a solid release, kudos for that CGC.

I do picture in real life MBr will present very well, and new owners will be very happy.

CGC will have to play harder and smarter for next release if they wish to survive the next wave/era of pinball.

Survive the MBr mini storm CGC and make your next remake amazing !

#1814 9 months ago

Topper looks not that great but maybe that’s not it just a work in progress how can they do the alien topper and then go to that one

#1815 9 months ago

I think the topper looks pretty good. Plus picture is grainy so will look a lot better with better pictures.

#1816 9 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Survive the MBr mini storm CGC and make your next remake amazing

I think the price point on this is going to be critical. There is so much out and coming that has captured everyone's interest. The NIB market hasn't been this crowded in decades and the race for those dollars is on.

#1817 9 months ago
Quoted from Monsterbashbombs:

Its October now. Not trying to be an ass CGC but I didnt sign anything.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thx!

Pass.

Next!

(edit: Joking)

#1818 9 months ago

Giant light thing in the corner must be what the one NDA signer was Talking about earlier in the thread with the ‘cool thing in the upper Left’

#1819 9 months ago

Hopefully the hold up was to redesign that topper. It's not bad it's just not on the same level as AFMRLE.

#1820 9 months ago

Our MB prices seem to go back up after freezing and a little downfall.
I think most people realize that a 8k restored original MB > 8-10K remake.
+ Value from player machines are also climbing slowly.
5k machine + new pf and decals + free hobby work, is still cheaper then buying a restored, let alone a remake.

Sure if they would drop the MBr to 5.5k release, the prices would crash, but I see that not happening.

#1821 9 months ago

I'm hoping the topper is an early version. It feels very incomplete. Half a band. If this is the final model, it should at least have interactive moving parts. Right now I'm thinking SE and just powdercoat the rails and legs to my liking. Hell, with this being filled with universals monster line up, I'm sure I can find something cool on the internet (or Halloween store) to turn into a topper of my own if I want one in the future...
Oh idea.....

#1822 9 months ago

Since Halloween is only a few weeks away, post pics here of items you spot at Halloween stores that could make great toppers.

#1823 9 months ago

Topper looks a bit weird.

#1824 9 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Since Halloween is only a few weeks away, post pics here of items you spot at Halloween stores that could make great toppers.

Please don't

#1826 9 months ago

Bah, pessimist. I made a great interactive topper for my MET.

#1827 9 months ago

Quoted from gorgar007:
Come on CGC at least drop some hype bombs. Show off Dracula or Frank or something. Marketing fail

Stunt like this will ruin future testing opportunities. Hope your happy.
If pics are in fact real.

#1828 9 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Stunt like this will ruin future testing opportunities. Hope your happy.

Doesn't almost every pinball release eventually end up like this? Companies try to manage a new pinball machine's release and announcement in a controlled fashion, but nope... crappy grainy pics or prototype artwork sneak out ahead of time to a collective "Meh" from Pinside. Unless a company can keep all info limited to a group of employees imprisoned in an underground bunker with no contact with the outside world, this seems to be the new normal for pinball releases.

#1829 9 months ago

Hard to tell rum-z Could be Stern at its tricks again for all we know.

#1830 9 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

The pics are real. Hopefully CGC will be posting high res pics on their website soon. One thing I wish they did was a mini plasma ball vs. the disk.

#1831 9 months ago

Ugh 40 new posts since I last checked. Figured it must have dropped. Nope just some piss poor grainy photos ruining our ability for future beta tests. Good job dicks

#1832 9 months ago
Quoted from Gunske:

5k machine + new pf and decals + free hobby work, is still cheaper then buying a restored, let alone a remake

Is it really that simple to restore a machine , but agree the price on the Remake must be good to sell a lot of them.

#1833 9 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Nope just some piss poor grainy photos ruining our ability for future beta tests

I'm really surprised that CGC allowed pictures to be taken during the testing.

#1834 9 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I'm sure they didn't allow it. If they allowed it, these pics would be much better quality.

#1835 9 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I'm sure they weren't taken when a CGC person was looking or they would have said something. The "I didn't sign anything" is a pretty disingenuous cover for "I snuck these and got away with it".

#1836 9 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Ugh 40 new posts since I last checked. Figured it must have dropped. Nope just some piss poor grainy photos ruining our ability for future beta tests. Good job dicks

Maybe that is a good thing.
What have they achieved by doing that?
Just more whinging really.

#1837 9 months ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Maybe that is a good thing.
What have they achieved by doing that?
Just more whinging really.

And it's not like it's a surprise! It's MB, with a new screen and topper.....

#1838 9 months ago

taken with a iwatch by the looks of it

also pinside can check isp to see who it is that posted

#1839 9 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I'm hoping the topper is an early version. It feels very incomplete. Half a band. If this is the final model, it should at least have interactive moving parts. Right now I'm thinking SE and just powdercoat the rails and legs to my liking. Hell, with this being filled with universals monster line up, I'm sure I can find something cool on the internet (or Halloween store) to turn into a topper of my own if I want one in the future...
Oh idea.....

Trust that IS the final topper lol. When I seen it I asked does it move or do Anything? Nope. Just a plastic statue with an RGB light flashing. To me the topper compared to AFM had no value Especially with the repeated hype about how amazing it would be. I actually laughed that I had to sign an NDA to not disclose (which I didn’t thanks poster) that 1 feature. Hence the reason I said a very nice game but nothing more than a stock game with a nicer monitor and plastic topper. Funny that someone took pictures lol. So much for NDA’s doing that.

#1840 9 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have a beautiful original MB, was thinking of selling after ordering a MBRLE
More excited about the Munsters, I have a LE locked up which will look great next to my AF Gold . Gave up on the TBL,
I get excited for pins but I burn out quick waiting n waiting
[quoted image]

Not your financial advisor but if you have a nice MB already in the stable this will be like throwing money out the door to see if the wind is blowing. The target audience for this release is to those that can’t Get a MB in reasonable condition. You will Not be raising the bar of your collection with this purchase. Simply burning capital. Just an opinion.

#1841 9 months ago

OP

#1842 9 months ago

Aren’t those the same pics as before?

#1843 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not your financial advisor but if you have a nice MB already in the stable this will be like throwing money out the door to see if the wind is blowing. The target audience for this release is to those that can’t Get a MB in reasonable condition. You will Not be raising the bar of your collection with this purchase. Simply burning capital. Just an opinion.

The Remakes take the original game and offer a slightly new spin on the old classic. I disagree in several regards.

What I will agree to is that. That the original game will be easier to maintain for the time being. ( Serviceable parts aand lights )

My experiences with the new CGC games has been dependability for the most part. I don't see it as a waist of money by any means

#1844 9 months ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Bravo, you literally disclosed Every LE upgrade in just 2 pics. The speculation and rumor is now over officially. I figured Someone was going to spill the beans but I’m actually glad someone did as the “get your cc ready”, and “the LEs will sell out” BS hype was nauseating already. Let the buyers decide what the value is now without fluff and false hype.

#1845 9 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

The Remakes take the original game and offer a slightly new spin on the old classic. I disagree in several regards.
What I will agree to is that. That the original game will be easier to maintain for the time being. ( Serviceable parts aand lights )
My experiences with the new CGC games has been dependability for the most part

I don’t disagree with anything you said and I Love CGC as I own both of their other titles. My point that I hope you can understand is that there is NO reason to spend $$$$$ on this pin if you already Own one? For $250 you could get a nicer topper and single lightning mod cap. Add a color DMD and your done. Nothing bad with this game just a foolish investment if you already own one.

#1846 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

get your cc ready”, and “the LEs will sell out” BS hype was nauseating already. Let the buyers decide what the value is now without fluff and false hype

I think the SE will be the one to get as it will have the benefit of the larger display. If pricing is similar to AFM it's a $700 up charge over the classic. Really it's more like $300 as CGC charges $400 for the color upgrade (if wanted).

#1847 9 months ago

My plans are to get the SE (if it ever comes out). Thanks for posting the pictures - we FINALLY got something to get excited about. I think the topper is cool and will do nicely.

#1848 9 months ago

CGC said they were raising the bar on MBr to the same degree they did going from MMr to AFMr. After seeing these photos and hearing Yelobird’s impressions I don’t see it, especially after such a long delay. This is the problem when you overpromise. Still looking forward to playing one on location though.

#1849 9 months ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

CGC said they were raising the bar on MBr to the same degree they did going from MMr to AFMr. After seeing these photos and hearing Yelobird’s impressions I don’t see it, especially after such a long delay. This is the problem when you overpromise.

Totally agree

#1850 9 months ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

CGC said they were raising the bar on MBr to the same degree they did going from MMr to AFMr. After seeing these photos and hearing Yelobird’s impressions I don’t see it, especially after such a long delay. This is the problem when you overpromise.

It really feels like they had something else planned and for whatever reason had to be pulled. We will likely never know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 279.95
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 3078 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside