(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 62.
#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Call it what you want if it makes you feel better but there is ZERO added value to an LE just because it’s “limited” to 1000 and I have an AFMLE. Literally speaking, it’s “limited”, who cares
We blow so much $$$ on plastic junk mods and then complain about the cost of a standard versus an LE. It’s comical

Maybe you should buy pins because they are fun or pleasing to your tastes instead of the intrinsic value said machine might retain down the road. My jeep says it's a limited edition but I suspect they made a million and the longer I have it the less it will be worth. You want to retain the value of your money? Hoard it.

#1752 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Call it what you want if it makes you feel better but there is ZERO added value to an LE just because it’s “limited” to 1000 and I have an AFMLE. Literally speaking, it’s “limited”, who cares
We blow so much $$$ on plastic junk mods and then complain about the cost of a standard versus an LE. It’s comical

I tend to agree there is really is no value to the LE's. The only reason I purchased is because I liked the topper and the green trim. I guess the extended warranty had some value, but not sure exactly how much?

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maybe you should buy pins because they are fun or pleasing to your tastes instead of the intrinsic value said machine might retain down the road. My jeep says it's a limited edition but I suspect they made a million and the longer I have it the less it will be worth. You want to retain the value of your money? Hoard it.

Maybe you missed my point altogether

#1754 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Perhaps they should just call them “special edition”.

#1755 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Perhaps they should just call them “special edition”.

Special, and Extra special?

#1756 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I tend to agree there is really is no value to the LE's. The only reason I purchased is because I liked the topper and the green trim. I guess the extended warranty had some value, but not sure exactly how much?

The interactive AfMr LE topper is one of the best if not THE best ever done, and adds value to the machine because it improves the overall *experience* of playing the game. Batman'66 might take the crown if they ever get around to taking advantage of all that stuff they put IN it that is currently doing nothing.

#1757 5 years ago

How about we just change the LE to Luxury Edition.
Boom! done!

#1758 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You had a point? I thought you were just complaining to the internet

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Boom! done!

This

#1760 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Boom! done!

At this point Late Edition would be most appropriate.

#1761 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Brahahahaha! So f***ing true!

#1762 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The interactive AfMr LE topper is one of the best if not THE best ever done, and adds value to the machine because it improves the overall *experience* of playing the game. Batman'66 might take the crown if they ever get around to taking advantage of all that stuff they put IN it that is currently doing nothing.

The topper really is nice (and Im not a topper guy)....when doing the math I put a value of $500 on the topper, $75 mirrored blades, $300 on the trim, and a few hundred on the extended warranty.....thats how I made my decision

#1763 5 years ago

I’m still sitting on my phat stack of bejies and a open spot in my line up. Perhaps they already made all 1000 and they are sitting at distributors? On launch day all ship to buyers?

#1764 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LOL

Boom Boom

#1765 5 years ago

I wonder if October is the month we will finally see the game?

#1766 5 years ago

Never thought I would say this but I have lost my interest in the game. I suspect it will be great but I will save the money I had planned for it for more than a year and look for JJP's next great pin after POTC (which I currently have on order). Sorry CGC.

#1767 5 years ago

I spent my money on BM66 and DPLE. I'm sure I'll find a credit card to put it on, however, whenever it gets released.

#1768 5 years ago

(Only a Joke). If I hadn’t actually played one at CGC it would be easy to conspiracy assume this was all a major hoax to drive down the value of existing MB machines. Lol. Hate to admit it but after playing one and this incredibly comical delay I have since transferred my pinball allowance to another title. Who knows maybe they will let the game go but I suspect there will be plenty to go around by then. At this point though I may be looking at an original as it’s a person preference for me in comparison. When released I am certain many will get a great game though!

#1769 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Never thought I would say this but I have lost my interest in the game. I suspect it will be great but I will save the money I had planned for it for more than a year and look for JJP's next great pin after POTC (which I currently have on order). Sorry CGC.

Yea me too. I was so pumped but with Munsters coming I have shifted over. I am sure I will find a pre-owned.

#1770 5 years ago

You know CGC is reading the "Had money for you, but now its it's gone..." posts and shrugging their shoulders. People cannot stop buying games. Anyone steps out of line and 3 more people line up with money in hand. All the "money burning a hole in my pocket" posts just tell these companies there is no shortage of customers.

Seriously, they know this game will sell, and that some people here will buy the game even after "the money got spent on something else". It's like silver ball crack; some people just can't help themselves.

Does it suck the wait has been dragged out this long? Undeniably, yes. It will be ready when it is ready. Unless CGC is hemorrhaging money, which I doubt based on the sheer number of AFMr's that sold, MBr will sell, this community will put out and buy, and the line for #4 will start the day MBr is released.

It is what it is.

#1771 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

and the line for #4 will start the day MBr is released.

The day after this is announced will be the day that "What is GCG game #4 going to be" thread is started.

Early front runner will be CC!

#1772 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The day after this is announced will be the day that "What is GCG game #4 going to be" thread is started.
Early front runner will be CC!

They've had a whole year to work on it just waiting on MBr. It's probably only months behind Monster Bash at this point.

#1773 5 years ago

I've said it more than once now. Halloween release date is just good marketing. People who would never hear or care about the release will catch a glimpse of it in some news station's Halloween fluff piece.

#1774 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Does it suck the wait has been dragged out this long? Undeniably, yes. It will be ready when it is ready. Unless CGC is hemorrhaging money, which I doubt based on the sheer number of AFMr's that sold, MBr will sell, this community will put out and buy, and the line for #4 will start the day MBr is released.
It is what it is.

The day mbr is announced. The only wait will be for it to arrive at your door. All complaining about waiting will be over and people will buy. It’s that simple.

#1775 5 years ago

If Yelobird has seen MBr and is thinking of buying an original it sounds like it will be hard for CGC to justify delaying the release for over half a year in order to add extra features.

#1776 5 years ago

MM and AFM prices have slowly been creeping back up after they bottomed out, whilst there are increasing numbers of remakes on the market for increasingly steep discounts - mainly AFMr.

As an example, 3 AFMr LEs have come onto the market recently between £6500-6800 in the UK. Only one has sold. New they cost £2000 ($2600) more.

IMO MBr will be more desirable relative to AFMr and MMr, for people that want a remake of those games, and thus may hold its value slightly better. Simply because the original dots weren't that great, and I assume the display work on MBr will be comparatively excellent.

Still, if 1000 LEs sell out within a year at retail, then I'll be amazed. Too much competition and too much delay, and some of the spats CGC had about repairs or replacements on Pinside probably damaged the value proposition (over Stern) that people perceived.

#1777 5 years ago

AFM prices have crashed in the UK. 7K now lucky to get 5.

you said AFMR LE's were still available and yet the source you gave has none.

#1778 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

line for #4 will start the day MBr is released.

Line for #5 has already started, get the LE !

Dont be late to the party!

#1779 5 years ago

I heard they’re remaking monster bash

#1780 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

If Yelobird has seen MBr and is thinking of buying an original it sounds like it will be hard for CGC to justify delaying the release for over half a year in order to add extra features.

For clarification I have Nothing bad to say about their release and I am certain anyone that was hoping for a MB will be very happy with the result. I admit I too fell prey to much of the pre-created speculation hype on this forum/thread and expected a bit more than I viewed but in no means was the machine a let down. Really wonderful to see a success from the past made accessible to those wanting a pristine example. Love my MMr as the only examples I could ever own were basket cases. Lol when released a line Will form and the what’s next thread will pop up with all new speculation and conspiracy. Lol

#1781 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I heard they’re remaking monster bash

MBr-r?

Sign me up! lol

#1782 5 years ago

I was hoping they would do an unveil at Chicago Pinball Expo. Would be really disappointed if it wasn't but won't stop the inevitable purchase.

I've had to stop buying whatever Stern throws at me to divert me from supporting this. Either way it comes down now to Monster Bash or JJ POTC

#1783 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I wonder if October is the month we will finally see the game?

I think CGC have encountered a licencing issue similar to Stern and the Star Wars Topper. Someone is sitting on an approval that will happen when they are ready.. Extremely frustrating and costly.

I sincerely hope this title is released soon. We have had a spot and money ready for this game since May of this year.

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I was hoping they would do an unveil at Chicago Pinball Expo. Would be really disappointed if it wasn't but won't stop the inevitable purchase.
I've had to stop buying whatever Stern throws at me to divert me from supporting this. Either way it comes down now to Monster Bash or JJ POTC

Ouch that’s a tough call there. While I like the old school MB JJPPOTC is epic in my view. Played it many times and it’s really hard to find Anything missed or wrong with it. This will be Kef’s best coded pin ever in my opinion. Best of luck with your decision.

#1785 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think CGC have encountered a licencing issue similar to Stern and the Star Wars Topper. Someone is sitting on an approval that will happen when they are ready.. Extremely frustrating and costly.
I sincerely hope this title is released soon. We have had a spot and money ready for this game since May of this year.

The game is done and finished.
Pinside chased off Doug Skor, Ashley is gone, we dont have a man on the inside any more.

Maybe someone should ask Doug Duba what is going on?

He might be able to tell us?
Does anyone have his number?

#1786 5 years ago

licensing could be the issue, but it seems illogical to me. Nobody is that stupid to wait to the last hour to gain approvals. Especially after spending thousands to design, re-engineer, and manufacturer. I understand the topper issue, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the other models. Delays seem more fiscal or supplier related.

#1787 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

licensing could be the issue, but it seems illogical to me. Nobody is that stupid to wait to the last hour to gain approvals. Especially after spending thousands to design, re-engineer, and manufacturer. I understand the topper issue, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the other models. Delays seem more fiscal or supplier related.

Ever hear of Dutch Pinball and SkitB?

#1788 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ever hear of Dutch Pinball and SkitB?

Dutch yes, SkitB no....

#1789 5 years ago

Come on CGC at least drop some hype bombs. Show off Dracula or Frank or something. Marketing fail

#1790 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dutch yes, SkitB no....

You missed the whole Predator saga then. Very lucky man!

Skit never had a license to make anything and Dutch was 1/2 ass licensing WAY into the project before Roger Sharpe had to bail them out.

#1791 5 years ago

If we don’t see and play the game at expo this is a complete cluster

#1792 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Come on CGC at least drop some hype bombs. Show off Dracula or Frank or something. Marketing fail

Its October now. Not trying to be an ass CGC but I didnt sign anything.

20181001_225203 (resized).jpg20181001_225203 (resized).jpg20181001_225252 (resized).jpg20181001_225252 (resized).jpg
#1793 5 years ago

Does the topper move?

#1795 5 years ago

SWEET!

#1796 5 years ago

Monster bash has a Stargate

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from Monsterbashbombs:

Its October now. Not trying to be an ass CGC but I didnt sign anything.

Boom?

#1798 5 years ago

Oh, it’s an 11:30pm boom alright. Also... photos copied to phone before they get removed so I can show the GF in the morning.

Interesting that they have the entire CGC logo illuminated under the screen. Wonder if that’s permanent or because they can’t put the Williams logo there until licensor approves.

Will be interesting to see topper in action.

#1799 5 years ago

Secret agent monsterbashbombs!

#1800 5 years ago

The topper is a bit of a let down compared to AFMr but the display looks awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/36?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.