(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 62.
#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Disagree. All the remakes flip different from any original. The remakes flip late.

This is an old, tired subject.

After all of the testing by independent sources it has been proven to be untrue.

That said, you either like the way a NIB game feels or you do not.

I personally like the way the new games feel.

#1702 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I had an AFMr LE. Beautiful game, loved it very much, and really enjoyed playing it. I do agree the flippers did feel different than originals I have shot.
Fellow pinheads that came over to play it commented similar. No one said it was bad, just that the flippers do feel different on the remakes. I am really curious to why that may be? Not trying to offend anyone or stir the pot, I think the remakes are great.

There’s a big discussion about this; the Flippers are mechanically similar as far as I can tell, and they have literally been studied and scrutinised scientifically, electrically a but I think given the recent things we’ve seen with Houdini and TNA its at least possible the issue is less with the mechanics or the speed at which the coil is triggered, but perhaps a minor power distribution issue. I’m speculating of course, but I sure as heck feel like they are different.

That said, I have no idea if I could tell in a blind test, or if there’s any effect on gameplay at all. Sidebar: I REALLY like the flipper feel on Houdini,
Especially compared to the kind of wimpy ones on MB

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a big discussion about this; the Flippers are mechanically similar as far as I can tell, and they have literally been studied and scrutinised scientifically, electrically a but I think given the recent things we’ve seen with Houdini and TNA its at least possible the issue is less with the mechanics or the speed at which the coil is triggered, but perhaps a minor power distribution issue. I’m speculating of course, but I sure as heck feel like they are different.

Games "break in" after a few thousand plays. Even with new mechs they retain a broken in feel.

It's really a matter of old vs new.

And I agree it's a feel, not something you can quantify.

Same had been said about refitting games with LED's.
They play differently, or at least "feel" different.

#1704 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

After all of the testing by independent sources it has been proven to be untrue.

Well I disagree as I said, as do loads of others that play these remakes side-by-side with the originals. JJP flippers also feel "late" but it's less noticeable to some people since there aren't the same titles from the '90s to directly compare. It's not an old-vs. new mechs issue either as the brand new Sterns flip a lot closer to the '90s games than the remakes or JJP titles.

#1705 5 years ago

Announcement coming really soon.

Hold your breath!

#1706 5 years ago

Its probably on the same clowns desk that is working on approving the Star Wars topper for Stern.

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Well I disagree as I said, as do loads of others that play these remakes side-by-side with the originals. JJP flippers also feel "late" but it's less noticeable to some people since there aren't the same titles from the '90s to directly compare. It's not an old-vs. new mechs issue either as the brand new Sterns flip a lot closer to the '90s games than the remakes or JJP titles.

HUH! I have never felt JJp flippers feel late. Wow. Well add another viewpoint to the mix

#1708 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

HUH! I have never felt JJp flippers feel late. Wow. Well add another viewpoint to the mix

Agreed, my WOZ sits in a row of WPC-S/95 games and they feel pretty much identical to me. Spider-man and GOTG feel like Stern flippers to me, not necessarily bad but definitely different - some of that can be contributed to the lighter cabinet especially on GOTG, I think.

#1710 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/19#post-4496097

Quoted from GravitaR:

Still on track.

Looking like Sept is done. Thought for sure an announcment would be made by now with Pinball Expo just a couple weeks away. If they miss October something major is amiss.

#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Announcement coming really soon.
Hold your breath!

Can I exhale now ?

#1713 5 years ago

I exhaled - actually pretty close to puking watching that.

Actually it was a rhetorical question as I know the poster.

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I played a few games on Original AFM and never liked it until I played AFM remake at Marvelous Marvins Mechanical Museum and I thought the remake played perfect. Now the originals I played were never in pristine condition. My friend has a MM remake and I love it and don't notice any delays.

Now MY WOZ Emerald flippers after a while I feel a delay which I wish I could figure out why it does that as I have no clue.

I'm looking to get at MB remake for what it's worth!

#1715 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Disagree. All the remakes flip different from any original. The remakes flip late.

nonsense. So much facts show that this is total BS. The remakes actually respond quicker.

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

MY WOZ Emerald flippers after a while I feel a delay which I wish I could figure out why it does that as I have no clue.

JJP pins are leaf blade switches on flipper buttons and remakes like the originals are optos on the flipper buttons.

They are some subtle differences especially for upper flippers.

LTG : )

#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

JJP pins are leaf blade switches on flipper buttons and remakes like the originals are optos on the flipper buttons.

Lloyd... are you absolutely positive that the remakes use the same light photons in the optos that the originals do? I mean, come on... speed of light off by a small percentage could definitely be a factor!!

#1718 5 years ago

Whenever it’s finally announced, speedy flippers... laggy flippers... missing a flipper, can we all at least promise to start 5-10 new threads about the announcement?

#1719 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I think its mental as I've had a restored MM and a MMRLE sitting next to each other and aside from the subtle difference that each game has there is ZERO delay in the flippers...

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think its mental as I've had a restored MM and a MMRLE sitting next to each other and aside from the subtle difference that each game has there is ZERO delay in the flippers...

But, but, but that game I played 20 years ago in a pizza shop played so much differently! Trust me bro, I remember.

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Can I exhale now ?

LOL

Wait....Inhale one more time and hold your breath again!

#1722 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

But, but, but that game I played 20 years ago in a pizza shop played so much differently! Trust me bro, I remember.

yea right....I'm pretty sure every game plays a little differently

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

LOL

Ok - a couple days ? a couple weeks ? a couple months ?

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Ok - a couple days ? a couple weeks ? a couple months ?

Release date is day before Munsters.

#1725 5 years ago

Ok listen everyone. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows yet even another guy that doesn’t knows shit about CGC and pinball.

Announcement imminent.

#1726 5 years ago

Been drinking.

#1727 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Ok listen everyone. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows yet even another guy that doesn’t knows shit about CGC and pinball.
Announcement eminent.

Does the guy know a kid who's going with the girl who saw CGC pass out at 31 Flavors last night?

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Does the guy know a kid who's going with the girl who saw CGC pass out at 31 Flavors last night?

I guess it’s pretty serious.

#1729 5 years ago

I know it doesn't mean anything but it's nice to see vendors getting ready.
Nitro has has this on the website for at least a couple days

Screenshot_20180925-232155_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180925-232155_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1730 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That said, I have no idea if I could tell in a blind test, or if there’s any effect on gameplay at all. Sidebar: I REALLY like the flipper feel on Houdini,
Especially compared to the kind of wimpy ones on MB

The flippers on my TNA feel fantastic.

#1731 5 years ago

zzzzzz….huh...what?.....oh. zzzzzz

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The flippers on my TNA feel fantastic.

No issues with them dropping or hesitating during heavy activity moments?

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I haven’t noticed this at all on TNA.

#1734 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Really?
This again.

Don't know why people get so defensive when talking about flippers. It's like their children are being criticised!

FWIW I also think Stern SAM flippers and Spike 2 flippers have a slightly different feel.

I think there is also the issue that some people can feel these differences and others genuinely can't. It's no big deal.

Nothing to do with breaking games in etc. Anyway we can all agree to disagree

#1735 5 years ago

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

#1736 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

LOL

Now I'm Breathless

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

nope. not a once.

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

nope. not a once.

Yeah, we never have that problem, either, and I've played Houdini myself extensively at the location.

#1739 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

At Allentown this year I thought the JJP dialed in flippers felt “ the most NIB Bally/ williams” of any modern machine I’ve played.
I also have a MB I got NIB as a gift from my sister in law. She got one too. It was partially due to the fact that her BSD , CFTBL and then MB were set up in the kitchen of my townhome for many years.
I normally only played hers...shhh don’t tell ! but mine only has between 2000-3000 plays now. I’m curious to see how the new machines compare flipper feel wise

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

At Allentown this year I thought the JJP dialed in flippers felt “ the most NIB Bally/ williams” of any modern machine I’ve played.
I also have a MB I got NIB as a gift from my sister in law. She got one too. It was partially due to the fact that her BSD , CFTBL and then MB were set up in the kitchen of my townhome for many years.
I normally only played hers...shhh don’t tell ! but mine only has between 2000-3000 plays now. I’m curious to see how the new machines compare flipper feel wise

1,000,000% agree.

#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There will be subtle differences between two of the exact game. The good news is that you and I are good enough pinball players we simply adjust our play.

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

1,000,000% agree.

Dang. that's a lot.

#1743 5 years ago

I could not wait any longer,

Had to go and buy this

MonsterMachineBox (resized).jpgMonsterMachineBox (resized).jpg
#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I could not wait any longer,

Had to go and buy this

Just think of all the mods you can make!

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Just think of all the mods you can make!

Whoa! I just got a 3D printer, I wonder what we can make?! BWAHAHAHA

#1746 5 years ago

News flash, its a MB repackaged like AFM and MM!

Look at those and you know what you are going to get.

I don't see what the drama is all about.

1,000 "LE's" is NOT limited in any way shape or form for ANY pinball machine. PERIOD.

That said, buy what you like, nothing else matters.

If you don't buy the cheap plastic mods to go on this pin or any other you might actually save some $$$

#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

News flash, its a MB repackaged like AFM and MM!
Look at those and you know what you are going to get.

You may very well be right, but why in the world would the reveal be taking so long from licensing approval if they are essentially building the same thing that was approved/built 20 years ago?

#1748 5 years ago

Because you can't do something now that you could 20 years ago
Different legal wording and 3rd party logo I guess

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

1. News flash, its a MB repackaged like AFM and MM! Look at those and you know what you are going to get.
I don't see what the drama is all about.
2. 1,000 "LE's" is NOT limited in any way shape or form for ANY pinball machine. PERIOD.
3. That said, buy what you like, nothing else matters.
4. If you don't buy the cheap plastic mods to go on this pin or any other you might actually save some $$$

1. Its the same light show as afm? With the bi coloured led saucers and everything? Cool, now I can picture it.
2. ANYTHING with a scheduled cut off of production is limited. 1000 or 1 million. Period.
3. Yup
4. Elaborate please? Save money over what?

#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

1. Its the same light show as afm? With the bi coloured led saucers and everything? Cool, now I can picture it.
2. ANYTHING with a scheduled cut off of production is limited. 1000 or 1 million. Period.
3. Yup
4. Elaborate please? Save money over what?

Call it what you want if it makes you feel better but there is ZERO added value to an LE just because it’s “limited” to 1000 and I have an AFMLE. Literally speaking, it’s “limited”, who cares

We blow so much $$$ on plastic junk mods and then complain about the cost of a standard versus an LE. It’s comical

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/35?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.