(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 62.
#1651 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Official release is coming soon.
Warm up your credit cards, get your wallets ready.
Get the LE.
My lips are still sealed...

20180923_122430 (resized).jpg20180923_122430 (resized).jpg
#1653 5 years ago

Can someone instagram the pics & price matrix? I must have missed them in the official CGC #3 Monster Bash thread. Orders are rolling in, so people must know what they are getting, right? Not looking for early renderings nor fake #2 pics, must be legit.

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can someone instagram me the pics or price matrix? I must have missed them in the official CGC #3 Monster Bash thread. Orders are rolling in, so people must know what they are getting, right?

People are getting a brand new Monster Bash (remake) with large DMD, updated lighting and an awesome topper for around the same price as a nice used original. What more do you need to know??

#1655 5 years ago

Can someone instagram me the pics or price matrix? I must have missed them in the official CGC #3 Monster Bash thread. Orders are rolling in, so people must know what they are getting, right?

Just another "heard from my brothers friends uncles nephews neighbors girlfriend" coming soon post. When CGC makes the announcement I will listen. For now I would just ignore the I know a secret singers. Very soon is a bold ASSumpion.

#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

People are getting a brand new Monster Bash (remake) with large DMD, updated lighting and an awesome topper for around the same price as a nice used original. What more do you need to know??

Color dmd right? Topper on high end model only, right? Priced around 8.5kish?

#1657 5 years ago

Color dmd right? Topper on high end model only, right? Priced around 8.5kish?

Plus tax and freight....lol

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

People are getting a brand new Monster Bash (remake) with large DMD, updated lighting and an awesome topper

And a whole lot more.

Get the LE.

Just sayin"...

#1659 5 years ago

And a whole lot more.
Get the LE.
Just sayin"...

In this example having played them I actually feel the base or middle CE model will be the seller. Without detail of what was offered I in No way see a value added in going to the LE over the others unless the price bump is Really low. (Doubtful) Games are great but I still see many WAY overhyping what they assume will be there or what was done. Its really nice just think Original with a modern touch. Only negative (That WE created on this forum) the topper while nice was No where near the hype laid down on this forum trust me on that! No even Close to the wow we got with AFMLE. Again, just keeping expectations managed for a great product yes but don't expect a completely over the top design or improvement other then the standard display we have all seen with AFM. "A Whole Lot More" should be dialed down, Just Sayin!

#1660 5 years ago

And a whole lot more.
Get the LE.
Just sayin"...

It can't really be "a whole lot more". Just improved toys and more lights.

If it was a whole lot more, it wouldn't be on the same code.

I expect it to be virtually identical to AFMr in this regard .. just the jump on displays will be bigger, because the original dots on MB aren't as good as AFM.

#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It can't really be "a whole lot more". Just improved toys and more lights.
If it was a whole lot more, it wouldn't be on the same code.

Trust me. NOT a whole lot more, just another individual fluffing the interest. Fact is, they had an original Williams there also, I would have taken that one if the price was the same to be honest...

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In this example having played them I actually feel the base or middle CE model will be the seller. Without detail of what was offered I in No way see a value added in going to the LE over the others unless the price bump is Really low. (Doubtful) Games are great but I still see many WAY overhyping what they assume will be there or what was done. Its really nice just think Original with a modern touch. Only negative (That WE created on this forum) the topper while nice was No where near the hype laid down on this forum trust me on that! No even Close to the wow we got with AFMLE. Again, just keeping expectations managed for a great product yes but don't expect a completely over the top design or improvement other then the standard display we have all seen with AFM. "A Whole Lot More" should be dialed down, Just Sayin!

I'm glad you mentioned this. Just reading the previous poster comments on this, the LE seems like it's going to offer something incredible and I just feel like this game is not going to delivery THAT much. Yes it will be awesome but I hate when people hype just to hype especially with a slow burner like this game. Let's just stop hyping people up on this game UNTIL it is actually seen by the community not just NDAers. Then people can hype the hell out of it b/c we'll all be on the same playing field as we'll all know what you're talking about!

#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm glad you mentioned this. Just reading the previous poster comments on this, the LE seems like it's going to offer something incredible and I just feel like this game is not going to delivery THAT much. Yes it will be awesome but I hate when people hype just to hype especially with a slow burner like this game. Let's just stop hyping people up on this game UNTIL it is actually seen by the community not just NDAers. Then people can hype the hell out of it b/c we'll all be on the same playing field as we'll all know what you're talking about!

You hit the point as always #delt31 WAY to much hype which inevitably makes the company and product look bad to buyers expecting the moon based on false hype. Let them show you what it is and let the Buyers decide if the value is there to justify a purchase. I must admit even myself going to this NDA visit was a bit of a let down after all the hype this thread created. Very nice game and if your wanting a NIB MB you are going to love what they did. Nuff said...

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

middle CE model will be the seller.

Depends on pricing and differences. Which we haven't seen the MBR list yet.

On AFMR the LE was limited to 1,000. Red/Green mini saucers LED upgrade. Mirror blades. Better audio. Speaker lights. Topper. Double the warranty of the SE. Serialized LE Medallion. And Green, black, additional trim color choices.

From Classic Edition ( CE ) to Special Edition ( SE ) to Limited Edition ( LE ) on AFMR, every $700 extra got you more stuff.

LTG : )

#1665 5 years ago

Looking for the SE myself. I don't think I can afford the LE; what ever cost it is

I am hoping the SE still has most of the goodies on it.

#1666 5 years ago

I have afmr se and was really focused on the classic.
Doug Skor sold me on the benefits of the SE.at the expo last year.

Topper doesn't do me any good if it doesn't fit due my basements ceiling height. LE is definitely out but I have other games.on my radar. Hoping on checking them all out at expo.

#1667 5 years ago

I want to get a LE but really dont care about the topper. I do however want mirror blades, coloured armour, a shaker motor, oversized coloured screen, the improved audio and whatever special touches to the playfield toys and gimmicks they have added.
I'd save money getting an LE over having to mod a lower model.

#1668 5 years ago

It’s always better to underpromise and overdeliver.

#1669 5 years ago

Official release is coming soon.
Warm up your credit cards, get your wallets ready.
Get the LE.
My lips are still sealed...

When you say soon....how soon is soon

#1670 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trust me. NOT a whole lot more, just another individual fluffing the interest. Fact is, they had an original Williams there also, I would have taken that one if the price was the same to be honest...

Really???? I know some people prefer originals, but you would take it over the remake for the same price???? The color digital screen alone looked absolutely amazing, blows the original screen away.

But I fully agree on, no one should expect anything big in changes. No gameplay change at all, and the extras added look cool, but nothing mind blowing.

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Really???? I know some people prefer originals, but you would take it over the remake for the same price???? The color digital screen alone looked absolutely amazing, blows the original screen away.
But I fully agree on, no one should expect anything big in changes. No gameplay change at all, and the extras added look cool, but nothing mind blowing.

Still, there were only 3,000 or whatever MB made - at least this puts a couple more out there in the world! with some of the recent games having flipper issues (TNA and Houdini), I do hope this isn't an issue on the CGC platform. AFM and MM seem pretty stable though

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I was simply rebutting the rabbits teaser comments about "A Whole Lot more" for the LE. Color screen is nice on any game no question but they are also readily available for most games now also. A few inches wider, no. Again, was just an opinion that I guess I was hoping there would have been more advancements or improvements. (Just a rant so ignore if you like....lol) The beauty of these games being recreated is good but it seems a shame the Value of these games is not improved from original. With many of these games now over 20 years old our love for them is proven and so are the minor weak flaws of the original design. Example, when is the last time you seen a Drac Track that was not toast or at least a dozen creative ways to repair it. Its fairly Obvious this was an overlooked design issue that could have now been addressed. A simple imbedded nylon guide insert to protect this known issue seems like a value added improvement. I doubt even a purist would waive off stopping this issue permanently? Remake is good, remaking known mistakes seems off to me? Rant off.....lol

#1673 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Still, there were only 3,000 or whatever MB made - at least this puts a couple more out there in the world! with some of the recent games having flipper issues (TNA and Houdini), I do hope this isn't an issue on the CGC platform. AFM and MM seem pretty stable though

CGC flippers are strong and crisp. They use William's mech's.

AFMr shoots perfectly so does MBr.

#1674 5 years ago

Yelobird
Thank you for the comments recently on taming our expectations. What was being thrown around was "the same leap in features / enhancements from MMR to AFMR". Only now going from AFMR to MBR. Certainly sounds like that's not the case. Sounds like AFMR treatment, but applied to MB.
Which is great, I'm sure its going to be really fun and kick butt. But the leap in enhancement seems to have been misspoken by CGC.

#1675 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird: Example, when is the last time you seen a Drac Track that was not toast or at least a dozen creative ways to repair it. Its fairly Obvious this was an overlooked design issue that could have now been addressed.

I raised this issue during my evaluation. It will be interesting to see what they do with such feedback.

#1676 5 years ago

I can't believe that here we are again at the end of yet another month of and still nothing about this game being released. They even said an announcement was soon at the beginning of Sept. and still nothing. Not a peep.

I sold a pin back in March when they said they were going to announce this game. Been a sad empty slot ever since. I should have bought an Iron Maiden or something by now. Ugh! What the $&@#?

#1677 5 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I raised this issue during my evaluation. It will be interesting to see what they do with such feedback.

Mylar for me! I laid a sheet across the whole track and then cut from underneath. It helps, as does using the bracket (and washer if need be) to make the two sides perfectly level to each other. Of course, my game isnt routed.. x

#1678 5 years ago

what about a long cliffy (like what he does for the in lanes for the drop areas from habitrails?

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

I can't believe that here we are again at the end of yet another month of and still nothing about this game being released. They even said an announcement was soon at the beginning of Sept. and still nothing. Not a peep.
I sold a pin back in March when they said they were going to announce this game. Been a sad empty slot ever since. I should have bought an Iron Maiden or something by now. Ugh! What the $&@#?

How do you get through the day?

cry baby (resized).jpgcry baby (resized).jpg
#1680 5 years ago

Got to see some sneaks from a friend. Based on what I can see, I'm inclined to lean toward a SE and just get the rails and legs painted to my taste. I dont care much about the topper (nice enough) and I dont see anything that stands out as a playfield extra (although I've only seen the upper 1/3 of the playfield.)
Still anxiously awaiting playing any version but I think a SE is in my future.

#1681 5 years ago

I'm assuming the one playfield extra I can see is on all models though

#1682 5 years ago

Im actually really surprised they didnt add the 3D pyramid. Start stocking up on them Mezel or whoever sells them. Seems like a must have mod.

#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im actually really surprised they didnt add the 3D pyramid. Start stocking up on them Mezel or whoever sells them. Seems like a must have mod.

I haven't seen that - sounds like a good mod.

#1684 5 years ago

I’m thinking cgc 4 might come out before 3 at this rate...

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm assuming the one playfield extra I can see is on all models though

From what I've heard the "playfield extra" is on the SE and LE. I agree, the SE model will be the sweet spot. The topper is not even close to the level of AFM LE. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of unhappy people as CGC said this would blow our socks off and that doesn't seem like it will be the case. I wonder if there was something else planned and for whatever reason had to be removed. Either way, shiny new MBs will be available at some point and that's great.

#1686 5 years ago

Yeah I actually meant to say that. I assume nothing is added to classic. That being the idea.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

From what I've heard the "playfield extra" is on the SE and LE. I agree, the SE model will be the sweet spot. The topper is not even close to the level of AFM LE. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of unhappy people as CGC said this would blow our socks off and that doesn't seem like it will be the case. I wonder if there was something else planned and for whatever reason had to be removed. Either way, shiny new MBs will be available at some point and that's great.

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I haven't seen that - sounds like a good mod.

I hadn’t seen that either, I will have to look it up.

So what’s the “playfield extra”?

#1688 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:The topper is not even close to the level of AFM LE. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of unhappy people as CGC said this would blow our socks off and that doesn't seem like it will be the case. I wonder if there was something else planned and for whatever reason had to be removed. Either way, shiny new MBs will be available at some point and that's great.

The thing on the right side needs to move to the left side though and bump everything else over to the right. I get what they are going for but OCD is going nuts lol.
Also feels like half a topper. Holding out hope that what they had maybe wasnt final product but it appears to be.
It's still very nice. I'm just not super invested in toppers. I really only expected an afmr topper clone but as Drac. and that still would have been nice.
I was and am hoping for an improved light show on the LE a la mini saucers. Ive only seen a couple pics doing little justice to such a great pin. We will see soon I hope. I said it before, Halloween ship date makes good publicity.

#1689 5 years ago

Watch, some news station will air a story Halloween week about how ".....20yrs years later this relic from arcades past is still going strong, so strong in fact that fans are clamoring to get their hands on Chigago Gaming Company's latest remake of this blast from the past, Monster Bash......."
I'd also bet $1 at least one media outlet refers to it as monster mash

#1690 5 years ago

FYI - According to TWIP Ashley has left CGC.

#1691 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure at this point they are waiting to make sure every distributor has at least 20 in warehouse before the release.

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

FYI - According to TWIP Ashley has left CGC.

this was already mentioned about 2 weeks ago here in this thread

#1693 5 years ago

CGC flippers are strong and crisp. They use William's mech's.
AFMr shoots perfectly so does MBr.

Flippers do feel different though to original games.

Maybe it is the fact that the game is an emulation and there is a slight delay?

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No delay, this has been tested and verified.

The only difference is brand new vs 20 year old tired games.

Oh, and get the LE...

#1695 5 years ago

zero delay on my AFMRLE and MMRLE .....

#1696 5 years ago

Only delay is CGC releasing MB!

#1697 5 years ago

No delay, this has been tested and verified.
The only difference is brand new vs 20 year old tires games.
Oh, and get the LE...

Well, a lot of us can feel the difference.

I don't know why but they don't feel exactly the same as a freshly restored, original game.

Anyway, choice is a good thing and looking forward to seeing MBR.

#1698 5 years ago

I had an AFMr LE. Beautiful game, loved it very much, and really enjoyed playing it. I do agree the flippers did feel different than originals I have shot.

Fellow pinheads that came over to play it commented similar. No one said it was bad, just that the flippers do feel different on the remakes. I am really curious to why that may be? Not trying to offend anyone or stir the pot, I think the remakes are great.

#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I had an AFMr LE. Beautiful game, loved it very much, and really enjoyed playing it. I do agree the flippers did feel different than originals I have shot.
Fellow pinheads that came over to play it commented similar. No one said it was bad, just that the flippers do feel different on the remakes. I am really curious to why that may be. Not trying to offend anyone or stir the pot.

Being hand made, every single game should have a slightly different feel.

This applies to original William's games also. Some of them shot better or worse than others off the same assembly line even back then.

#1700 5 years ago

Being hand made, every single game should have a slightly different feel.
This applies to original William's games also. Some of them shoot better or worse than others off the same assembly line.

Disagree. All the remakes flip different from any original. The remakes flip late.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/34?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.