(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 62.
#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I'm thinking the LE's will sell out immediately...

Really? I thought the same with the AFMRLE, but they were available long after release. If they raise the price I doubt they'll sell out immediately.

#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? I thought the same with the AFMRLE, but they were available long after release. If they raise the price I doubt they'll sell out immediately.

Yea to many new pins to choose from.... i had my fun with mb for 4 months.... a few changes and topper are not gonna change the gameplay or rule set.

#1553 5 years ago

I hope the game extras are affordable , said nobody

DwsXsgB (resized).jpgDwsXsgB (resized).jpg

special effects for game nudging

#1554 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m sure they aren’t “dragging it out” must be a legitimate reason. The game will be the game and it will sell just fine.

Thanks Captain obvious.

Not my point. Of course it will sell. In this Pinball market it's almost hard to build a Pinball machine that won't sell. I bet you even Thunderbirds sells out

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I bet you even Thunderbirds sells out

*snort*

Well if you only build 20-40... after people pay. I guess you can call that a sellout

#1556 5 years ago

True, but I suspect they'll at least attempt to build 1000 LE's...If this is priced at $8K like AFRMLE than they'll probably sell out at some point, but my guess it will take over a year....if its much higher than that than it will take longer...

#1557 5 years ago

Im still waiting for CGC to make the saucer mod for AFMR classic like they said they would........ Aaaaaaaah.

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Im still waiting for CGC to make the saucer mod for AFMR classic like they said they would........ Aaaaaaaah.

Me too! I am also waiting for the larger display upgrade for MMr. .

#1559 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I'm thinking the LE's will sell out immediately...

1000 units? No chance, especially after this wait.

People said the same about AFMr LE. You can still buy them NIB from retailers. When did orders for those go live? 18 months ago?

#1560 5 years ago

I am sure the LE numbers will be more than 1,000 games this time
and pre interest out ways MMR

Not Many AFMLE in boxes left

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was surprised that AFMLE didn’t sell out much faster. In my opinion it’s as good as Pinball gets. Hard to imagine that MBr will sell out quicker. Even though it’s awesome it’s not quite as strong as AFM, but time will tell.

I received an email today from Pinball Magazine with this quote:

“Chicago Gaming, in person of Ashley Davis, was looking for testers for CGC’s Monster Bash remake. The idea behind this was to find out whether the game needs further improvement based on the feedback from those who tested it. In the meantime, it appears that Ashley Davis is no longer working for the company, and she was there only just for a few months.”

So first Doug Skor left the company, and now Ashley. That, plus the 6 month delay, seems strange to me. But I love my AFMrLE and MMr. Very high quality games.

#1562 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

So first Doug Skor left the company, and now Ashley. That, plus the 6 month delay, seems strange to me

This can't be good news. I wonder who is driving the bus over at CGC now. I wonder if we will ever find out what has caused this huge delay?

#1563 5 years ago

licensing Not CGC causes delays

remaking a 20 year old licensed game is hard

#1564 5 years ago

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashley-davis-024404a4

You need to Love Pinball, here is a Must have Dream Job working at CGC

#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I was surprised that AFMLE didn’t sell out much faster. In my opinion it’s as good as Pinball gets. Hard to imagine that MBr will sell out quicker. Even though it’s awesome it’s not quite as strong as AFM, but time will tell.
I received an email today from Pinball Magazine with this quote:
“Chicago Gaming, in person of Ashley Davis, was looking for testers for CGC’s Monster Bash remake. The idea behind this was to find out whether the game needs further improvement based on the feedback from those who tested it. In the meantime, it appears that Ashley Davis is no longer working for the company, and she was there only just for a few months.”
So first Doug Skor left the company, and now Ashley. That, plus the 6 month delay, seems strange to me. But I love my AFMrLE and MMr. Very high quality games.

I find it very difficult to believe that licensing would be the delay. They have known for years that they were making this game after AFM. If it is licensing than someone completed screwed up. I suspect its more supplier, company, manufacturing and or capital issues thats driving this delay....looking to outsiders for comments is fine, but this is a game thats been around for 20+ years so not sure I even buy the further improvement issue.

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I find it very difficult to believe that licensing would be the delay. They have known for years that they were making this game after AFM. If it is licensing than someone completed screwed up. I suspect its more supplier, company, manufacturing and or capital issues thats driving this delay....looking to outsiders for comments is fine, but this is a game thats been around for 20+ years so not sure I even buy the further improvement issue.

I know nothing about licensing but I agree. It’s a remake of a small market niche product so it’s hard to believe it would take weeks to months to get approval. If that’s the case something is wrong.

“Yep, looks and plays like the original. Approved.”

#1567 5 years ago

I heard a rumor about the rumor being a rumor....pass it on

#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

More
I know nothing about licensing but I agree. It’s a remake of a small market niche product so it’s hard to believe it would take weeks to months to get approval. If that’s the case something is wrong.

“Yep, looks and plays like the original. Approved

Exactly. If the game has no new code or animations and is pretty much identical to the original then why would approval take this long?

#1569 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

“Yep, looks like the original. Approved.”

exactly! were all speculating, but maybe their numbers and profits are down on these remakes so the delay is more investor/capital related.

#1570 5 years ago

Licensing is not as easy as that. The people that approved the original are probably no longer there, and new people might have different ideas of how key art should look like or how their characters are represented especially if they have new initiatives for those brands. Also there can be royalty issues with character creators etc. I've worked on a ton of licensed video games, I've been through all that stuff, some of it is just crazy. Sometimes at milestones they say, yeah great and then at final they say no to an entire character's voice and they want it replaced.

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Licensing is not as easy as that. The people that approved the original are probably no longer there, and new people might have different ideas of how key art should look like or how their characters are represented especially if they have new initiatives for those brands. Also there can be royalty issues with character creators etc. I've worked on a ton of licensed video games, I've been through all that stuff, some of it is just crazy. Sometimes at milestones they say, yeah great and then at final they say no to an entire character's voice and they want it replaced.

But with a remake they are using the same art, characters, voices, and code. The display graphics will be upgraded to hi-res which is a slight modification, the topper will be new, and there will likely be some slight changes on the playfield, but the basic game will be the same just like it was with MMr and AFMr. Does it really take weeks or months to approve minor changes? I have no idea but it seems very odd, particularly with a company like CGC which already has a proven track record.

I’m looking forward to seeing the game and can’t wait to play it. I do worry a little that they may have raised expectations too far but I’m sure it will be great.

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Its a remake....all the software, call outs, and art work is exactly the same as the original. As with many things it comes with its own set of challenges and the one u described I have no doubt is a challenge. That being said its a total screwup if senior leadership didn't obtain approvals prior to even making the decision to move forward on this game. I highly doubt licensing is the issue....I suspect its more capital related .

#1573 5 years ago

Licensing with Universal for the monsters is normally SUPER easy- when they feel like it. It would be very telling if Zen gets their Monster Bash out the door first. If it’s indeed licensing, Uni may just have a huge backlog for approval... or it’s something else

#1574 5 years ago

I'm going to cast my vote toward a cash flow issue. Weren't they supposed to be doing a final run of MMr units over the "slow" summer months? This could eat up a fair amount of capital if it turns slower than expected.

#1575 5 years ago

Surely they want this thing out before Munsters? A brand new monster game.

Cutting it fine as Expo only 4 weeks away.

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Licensing with Universal for the monsters is normally SUPER easy- when they feel like it. It would be very telling if Zen gets their Monster Bash out the door first. If it’s indeed licensing, Uni may just have a huge backlog for approval... or it’s something else

If you were senior management making decisions on what remakes to move forward with don't u think licensing would be addressed prior to moving forward with all the re-engineering and capital required to just start the process? I get that it might take time to obtain approval for something like a topper or other subtle changes, but that issue should have nothing to do with moving forward on the other two product lines (i.e. non LE's). They usually don't make LE's first anyways so my guess its something entirely different like supply chain, capital, man power, manufacturing, etc.....

#1577 5 years ago

Well I have pushed of any purchases until this has been officially released.
I don't have to have anything right now. It's pretty much this vs JJP POTC.
Going to stew on the JJP POTC awhile. MB is a for sure sell but want to
have some actual comparison data.

#1578 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Well I have pushed of any purchases until this has been officially released.

I think a lot of us have. There's been a lot of games released since this was originally going to be shown at TPF. This delay has to had to have cost CGC some sales in the short term at least.

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If you were senior management making decisions on what remakes to move forward with don't u think licensing would be addressed prior to moving forward with all the re-engineering and capital required to just start the process? I get that it might take time to obtain approval for something like a topper or other subtle changes, but that issue should have nothing to do with moving forward on the other two product lines (i.e. non LE's). They usually don't make LE's first anyways so my guess its something entirely different like supply chain, capital, man power, manufacturing, etc.....

Ideally, sure - but you can’t do them all in series because you would never finish. You have to figure what’s your longest step (which really shouldn’t be licensing, it’s probably tooling for ramps and figures), start that up, and then get to the licensing for when you THINK it will be completed, working backwards. This is hard stuff, it doesn’t lay out nicely a lot of the time. I used to work on a cartoon called “Tutenstein” and we had to get two separate Universal licenses (1 for the mummy, one for the Frankenstein-esque name and a bunch of the jokes) and it took like 3 months or something. Of course, this was Discovery Channel who has regular POC contact over there, not a Pinball company who’s having to renegotiate all this

#1580 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ideally, sure - but you can’t do them all in series because you would never finish. You have to figure what’s your longest step (which really shouldn’t be licensing, it’s probably tooling for ramps and figures), start that up, and then get to the licensing for when you THINK it will be completed, working backwards. This is hard stuff, it doesn’t lay out nicely a lot of the time. I used to work on a cartoon called “Tutenstein” and we had to get two separate Universal licenses (1 for the mummy, one for the Frankenstein-esque name and a bunch of the jokes) and it took like 3 months or something. Of course, this was Discovery Channel who has regular POC contact over there, not a Pinball company who’s having to renegotiate all this

I hear ya, and I'm sure its a challenge. As we all know manufacturing pinball machines is a big challenge for all the obvious reasons. One BIG one is the capital required to make it happen. I can only imagine what the start up costs are to get the first unit off the manufacturing line. My guess is that profits/sales are not what they expected and that capital is the problem (like in most cases). I say all this not knowing who is actually putting up the capital to make this happen.

#1581 5 years ago

I’m new to pinside. Is this what people mean when they complain about “pinball speculation”?

#1582 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear ya, and I'm sure its a challenge. As we all know manufacturing pinball machines is a big challenge for all the obvious reasons. One BIG one is the capital required to make it happen. I can only imagine what the start up costs are to get the first unit off the manufacturing line. My guess is that profits/sales are not what they expected and that capital is the problem (like in most cases). I say all this not knowing who is actually putting up the capital to make this happen.

I heard somebody talk about this in another industry - “the second unit costs $50; the first one costs $47 million!” Which you try to spread out and by pricing effectively you can recover on each game sold. But what if you don’t sell all of them?

#1583 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

I’m new to pinside. Is this what people mean when they complain about “pinball speculation”?

Complain away I say, the whole point of this forum is to talk about pinball. New/old/rumored/etc

#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Complain away I say, the whole point of this forum is to talk about pinball. New/old/rumored/etc

It can get a little old, but that’s what the “drain” button is for!

#1585 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Exactly what they mean. I don’t think half the people posting even took the time to read what has already been posted. They just spit out the same speculations or questions that have already been posted and answered several times. By the way, welcome to Pinside.

#1586 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Exactly what they mean. I don’t think half the people posting even took the time to read what has already been posted. They just spit out the same speculations or questions that have already been posted and answered several times. By the way, welcome to Pinside.

Yep! And half the posters on Pinside don’t even take the time to read what’s already been posted. They just spit out th same stuff that’s already been posted. Welcome to Pinside!

#1587 5 years ago

that all may be true but really half the posters on pinside don't even take the time to read whats already been posted. they just spit out the same stuff that's already been posted... that's PINSIDE BABY!!!

#1588 5 years ago

It could be a licensing issue.

#1589 5 years ago

I can't wait till this thread turns into details about the game and pictures of unboxings!

#1590 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

It could be a licensing issue.

No way!!!! You mean like getting final approval for the new topper????? That would be way too simple.

#1591 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

No way!!!! You mean like getting final approval for the new topper????? That would be way too simple.

Shoot, if companies waited to release machines just because the topper isn't approved yet, we still wouldn't have Stern's Star Wars yet.

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You mean like getting final approval for the new topper?????

I doubt that. Obviously something they are dependent on from a company or person beyond their control.

Once that happens games will instantly start rolling out the door.

LTG : )

#1593 5 years ago

I've got 8 grand burning a hole in my pocket and a open spot in my line-up! Bring it on!

#1594 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Welcome to the Pinside. You will find this to be a love hate forumn.

#1595 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I was making a joke...

#1596 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Get out while you still can, it's a trap !

#1597 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Shoot, if companies waited to release machines just because the topper isn't approved yet, we still wouldn't have Stern's Star Wars yet.

You say that as if it would be a historic loss to pinball ...

#1598 5 years ago

Approximately 40 new posts in the last 10-12 hours... I thought some news about the release had broke. Oh well, carry on.

41 posts now.

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Approximately 40 new posts in the last 10-12 hours... I thought some news about the release had broke.

My guess is there will be a lot more then 40 post once this hits. Lots of us chopping a bit.

#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I was making a joke...

I know. I was being sarcastic. Sorry forgot the

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/32?hl=dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.