(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 62.
#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

The game with the topper is 7 feet tall. And to address an earlier question in this thread, we will be doing the serial number matching for LE owners.

Thanks for the update @Cgc-Ashley! I cant wait to see and play the game. Bring it on!

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

The game with the topper is 7 feet tall. And to address an earlier question in this thread, we will be doing the serial number matching for LE owners.

Anyword on final approval Ashley? I know we are all anxious to see pics; just seems like it is taking forever since reveal was supposed to happen over 5 months ago. As an AFM LE owner I’m dying to put a Bash next to it

#1353 5 years ago

Eleven hour round trip today to play the Remake—worth every second. Game is stunning and plays fast! Doug gave us a tour of the production process which made it evident why their quality rocks.

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Doug gave us a tour of the production process which made it evident why their quality rocks.

Didn't Doug move over to Stern?

#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Didn't Doug move over to Stern?

Other Doug.

#1356 5 years ago

That makes sense. Thanks

#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, that was probably too much information, given that the community in general knows what was cut from the original.

This is why we can't have nice things... Be great if individuals would just keep quiet like they were asked to.

#1358 5 years ago

What was cut from the original?

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

HaHaHa!

So, the machine is almost as tall as Frankenstein?

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, that was probably too much information, given that the community in general knows what was cut from the original.

Do tell, what was cut from the original design.

#1361 5 years ago

For those who have actually flipped it:

I've got an AFMrLE that I love, and have never regretted getting the LE.

I am a bit on the fence about whether to go for the LE or the SE on MBr.

Without getting into any specifics, are the LE features as much of an improvement over the SE as they are on AFMr? We can leave the topper off for purposes of this discussion, and assume they are equally cool (and tall).

I'm not asking about what the features are, just how big the "wow!" jump is between the SE and LE.

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Without getting into any specifics, are the LE features as much of an improvement over the SE as they are on AFMr? We can leave the topper off for purposes of this discussion, and assume they are equally cool (and tall).
I'm not asking about what the features are, just how big the "wow!" jump is between the SE and LE.

Game play and features you would be safe with either decision. As to the previous post Nothing was cut by CGC only Added. They have shown in previous titles they are not in the business to give you Less of a game or quality. Only exceed the originals example.

#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Game play and features you would be safe with either decision. As to the previous post Nothing was cut by CGC only Added. They have shown in previous titles they are not in the business to give you Less of a game or quality. Only exceed the originals example.

I really like my MMrLE

I skipped on the AFMr

Plan on getting the MBrLE though

#1364 5 years ago

CGC Ashley, i will gladly trade 10,000 Pinsider speculation posts for 1 of yours! Thanks for a couple of details! Looking forward to the reveal!

#1365 5 years ago

im sure this has been discussed before but, what's the deal on the remakes not being serviceable or lack of replacement parts when compared to the originals?

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

what's the deal on the remakes not being serviceable or lack of replacement parts when compared to the originals?

There is no deal. Both have identical cabinets, playfields, and playfield parts. Remakes have updated electronics and lights. Some surface mount, some important ones like drive transistors through hole. Some people worry what if in ten years. Some people worry what if in 30 plus years original boards will have more obsolete parts.

You need different tools and skills for surface mount. Only deal I can think of.

LTG : )

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Frankenstein skip ramp?

#1368 5 years ago

Wolfman?

#1369 5 years ago

#1370 5 years ago

What was cut from the original Monster Bash design?

#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Can’t wait to see it.
But 16 to 18” would be crazy massive for a topper. Hopefully it is the size of the AFM topper.
Sometimes bigger is not better.

I’d guess the AFM topper is more like 8 inches

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What was cut from the original Monster Bash design?

As others have mentioned, one thing was a jump ramp. This is a pic from a MB prototype. This was originally in front of Frankenstein but didn't make its way to production models.

MB Jump Ramp (resized).jpgMB Jump Ramp (resized).jpg

#1373 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

As others have mentioned, one thing was a jump ramp. This is a pic from a MB prototype. This was originally in front of Frankenstein but didn't make its way to production models.
[quoted image]

It would be odd to get that back in the remake. It would play too different from the originals. In my opinion it makes the spinner shot and left ramp hard to hit. Also, if you hit it from the side wouldn't it create many more air balls?

#1374 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

...rest assured to all the Very long wait will be worth it and in typical CGC form they executed Superbly on this title as well.

So ... it will be worth the wait and it was executed superbly.... Got just the info I needed, will be ordering once available.

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

And there is one for sale right now in the market!

#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

In my opinion, when you exclude the topper, there is very little difference between the 2. I believe any extras added to playfield, was exactly the same between LE and SE. Just a few small things on outside of machine were different.

#1377 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And there is one for sale right now in the market!

It looks like the one listed for sale is just so the West Chicago pinball company getting a list of how many want to buy the machine from them.

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

It looks like the one listed for sale is just so the West Chicago pinball company getting a list of how many want to buy the machine from them

He's talking about an original MB Proto with the Frank jump ramp.

#1379 5 years ago

He's talking about an original MB Proto with the Frank jump ramp.

Yes I was

#1380 5 years ago

Wolfman does not have a figure in the original MB, there's a mod for that though. Maybe that's added in the remake?

#1381 5 years ago

Let's discuss the elephant in the room, which versions come with a large color dmd? CE & LE but not STD?

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Let's discuss the elephant in the room, which versions come with a large color dmd? CE & LE but not STD?

If they go by what they did with AFMR then the Classic will not have the larger color display. The SE (Special Edition) will and so will the LE. Don't confuse the JJP CE which stands for Collectors Edition with Classic. But again as a dealer we don't know yet as nothing has been sent to us about this game other than confirmation that it is indeed Monster Bash.

[email protected]

#1383 5 years ago

I doubt the jump ramp comes back. There were good reasons it was left out. My guesses for changes are aesthetic: Wolfman figure, enhanced lab toys, like a Jacob's ladder simulation using plasma, better painted figures, a moon with the phases lit on the back panel behind the Wolfman maybe.

#1384 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

In my opinion, when you exclude the topper, there is very little difference between the 2. I believe any extras added to playfield, was exactly the same between LE and SE. Just a few small things on outside of machine were different.

Ok I am not trying to poke at you again but they did not Have an SE in the room so I question how you are suggesting the similarities of these products? There were 2 LE models and an original in the room. No SE to make assumptions or statements about for the record for anyone using these comments to make a buying decision. Just avoiding any confusion over Assumed statements.

#1385 5 years ago

I would assume people will make buying decisions upon the actual reveal and disclosure of features amongst the versions and not based on any tester comments

Maybe there are one or two dummies going off those very informative comments

#1386 5 years ago

Definitely interested in seeing what CGC has come up with. I don’t have a lot of time on MB, I’ve probably played it more on the pinball arcade. I want to get MMr and love my AFMrLE.

#1387 5 years ago

Regarding MB and Cliffy's - I take it they are a must have for this game, especially for the scope. Is this a good assumption?
Also, will they put them in at the factory when building or does it have to be done after the sale by the owner?

I put them on my hobbit first week - and am glad I did as those VUK shots are used alot.

#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Regarding MB and Cliffy's - I take it they are a must have for this game, especially for the scope. Is this a good assumption?

Yes. However, I am guessing they will have some protection from factory like AFM has. Time will tell if this will be enough. I am also wondering if the Drac track has any protection. I have seen ones that are pretty beat up.

#1389 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Also, will they put them in at the factory when building or does it have to be done after the sale by the owner?
I put them on my hobbit first week - and am glad I did as those VUK shots are used alot.

Worth mentioning is that on a brand new PF, the Mantis scoop is better - fewer rejects and it looks better, and I do believe it protects the scoop wood better. If it’s already worn, then Cliffy it up

#1390 5 years ago

Yes. However, I am guessing they will have some protection from factory like AFM has. Time will tell if this will be enough. I am also wondering if the Drac track has any protection. I have seen ones that are pretty beat up.

ARMRLE has very little if any factory protection...all these games need Cliffy protectors in my opinion...its crazy that the factory ignores this issue. They would be smart to include so they eliminate customer calls and issues...seems like cheap insurance to me

#1391 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

ARMRLE has very little if any factory protection...all these games need Cliffy protectors in my opinion...its crazy that the factory ignores this issue. They would be smart to include so they eliminate customer calls and issues...seems like cheap insurance to me

Your auto dealer buy your car insurance?

#1392 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Your auto dealer buy your car insurance?

not sure I understand your point....my point is that if they included they would protect their games and probably cut down on warranty and field issues. AFMRLE came with none (and needed them) so I drove to Cliff's house and picked them up. Much easier to install at the factory versus after the game is already built. That being said I am almost certain they won't include.

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Quoted from cpr9999:

Do tell, what was cut from the original design.

I'm guessing it's this:

“Igor sculpture. For about a day I was going to animate Igor when Frank’s table came down, note the bar. Then reality intruded and I had to focus on something important.” – George Gomez

#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

ARMRLE has very little if any factory protection...

They have a Mantis style protector and mine has been holding up quite well. YMMV

#1395 5 years ago

They have a Mantis style protector and mine has been holding up quite well. YMMV

Agree, but it doesn't protect the top of the play field so I installed the Cliffy as well. Although it was kind of a pain in the ass to install.

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Agree, but it doesn't protect the top of the play field so I installed the Cliffy as well. Although it was kind of a pain in the ass to install.

That's my point - took me 4 hours to get cliffy's on the hobbit. Glad I did, but had to take A LOT of stuff off the playfield to get those VUK hole protectors on. I would rather they slap on a cliffy (or Mantis) at the factory. Oh well...they probably won't.

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

That's my point - took me 4 hours to get cliffy's on the hobbit. Glad I did, but had to take A LOT of stuff off the playfield to get those VUK hole protectors on. I would rather they slap on a cliffy (or Mantis) at the factory. Oh well...they probably won't.

I'm with ya....Hobbit was a bit of a pain in the ass.....frankly most are a pain to install after the fact....they would take 10 minutes if done at the factory...DI LE was a primary example of a factory trying to do it themselves, and they totally screwed it up...I had to remove their protector and install Cliffs...

#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I am not trying to poke at you again but they did not Have an SE in the room so I question how you are suggesting the similarities of these products? There were 2 LE models and an original in the room. No SE to make assumptions or statements about for the record for anyone using these comments to make a buying decision. Just avoiding any confusion over Assumed statements.

What day did you go? I played on Saturday and there were 3, an original, a LE and a SE. They pointed out the differences between the LE and SE to me.

#1399 5 years ago

Only thing they didnt have out was their classic edition.

#1400 5 years ago

What are the differences in this updated version?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.