(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 169 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3078 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 62.
#1151 11 months ago

Ok.
So if keeping secret is not your speciality, what are CGC #4 and #5? Or when BBBr will be made as i’m only interested in this one?
If a cgc member is reading me...

#1152 11 months ago

SHSHSHSHSh.... It's a big secret!

#1153 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I guess real plasma balls in the mad-scientist area of the PF this time would be a little too much for UL to have swallowed...

I built a topper for the game that uses real plasma - they aren’t really bright enough to work effectively, unfortunately

#1154 11 months ago

so did we get a genuine reason for the delay?

#1155 11 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

because "pinball is hard"?

#1156 11 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Ugh, need this. Someone buy some games from me.

Sending you a PM.

#1157 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

20 years newer parts.

download (resized).jpg
#1158 11 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

They didn't explicitly say that, but they did mention that they just received the UL/CE approval and that same process delayed MMR by several months. My guess is that was holding them back, but who knows.

#1159 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

they did mention that they just received the UL/CE approval and that same process delayed MMR by several months

Hopefully they remember this at game #4 time

#1160 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I built a topper for the game that uses real plasma - they aren’t really bright enough to work effectively, unfortunately

Just needed more power. Feed them more and they get plenty bright. But that's not UL friendly...

#1161 11 months ago

You know what would be awesome, if they made the playfield go dark and Toccata & Fugue in D minor started playing when Drac Attac is activated..

If anyone grew up in New Jersey you would remember Castle Dracula on the Wildwood boardwalk.. that place scared the crap out of me lol

#1162 11 months ago

MBr SE FTW!

#1163 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Just needed more power. Feed them more and they get plenty bright. But that's not UL friendly...

DIY baby! Haha. Mine are 5V, I’m sure I could up it to 12... we’ll see what happens..

#1164 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I guess real plasma balls in the mad-scientist area of the PF this time would be a little too much for UL to have swallowed...

I had a plasma disk in mine it was pretty cool.
Id be suprised if something similar doesn't show up in the LE ?

#1165 11 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

I had a plasma disk in mine it was pretty cool.
Id be suprised if something similar doesn't show up in the LE ?

Nice! What is the music playing? Accept?

Some weekend soon I am going to try installing Plasma pops from LightedPinballMods and see if they fit, how they look...

#1166 11 months ago

Today’s the day.

#1167 11 months ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Today’s the day.

For what? The announcement of the new game that everyone already knows about?

QSS

#1168 11 months ago

To hopefully see the game and get details on what they have added. Bring it on CGC!

#1169 11 months ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

You know what would be awesome, if they made the playfield go dark and Toccata & Fugue in D minor started playing when Drac Attac is activated..
If anyone grew up in New Jersey you would remember Castle Dracula on the Wildwood boardwalk.. that place scared the crap out of me lol

Hi. I’ve been going to the wildwoods since i was a kid. I’m 45 now. We bought a condo down in diamond beach and my kids and I hit the boards just about every night (I teach so I’m off in the summer). I tell them about all the old piers and rides. They are into it.

Just last weekend I took them to the wildwood museum on a rainy day. That pier had the roller coaster and the Castle. You can play the castle audio at the museum by hitting the coffin button. Very creepy. I agree it would work well in monster bash. Lol.

#1170 11 months ago

Crap, I am so excited for the announcement to officially be Monster Bash, but my bank account is dreading the announcement.

#1171 11 months ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Crap, I am so excited for the announcement to officially be Monster Bash, but my bank account is dreading the announcement.

It is officially Monster Bash, confirmed by CGC. Or do you mean you're waiting for the official official announcement where they include prices, pictures, and all additional features?

#1172 11 months ago

Would love to see pictures of this machine. Today would be great, but this is pinball. Today means one week. One week means one month. A month really means a year and don’t even get me started with “two weeks”.....

#1173 11 months ago

TWO WEEKS!

Two Weeks (resized).jpg
#1174 11 months ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Hi. I’ve been going to the wildwoods since i was a kid. I’m 45 now. We bought a condo down in diamond beach and my kids and I hit the boards just about every night (I teach so I’m off in the summer). I tell them about all the old piers and rides. They are into it.
Just last weekend I took them to the wildwood museum on a rainy day. That pier had the roller coaster and the Castle. You can play the castle audio at the museum by hitting the coffin button. Very creepy. I agree it would work well in monster bash. Lol.

That’s awesome you’re right in Diamond Beach! My parents live in Cape May Court House about 15 min drive to N. Wildwood so me and my family stay there throughout the summer. I’m 44, our oldest daughter is 10, I tell her about the castle and all the old rides a lot. I bought the Castle Dracula dvd from Dark in the Park recently to show her more. It has the walkthrough and the boat ride on it.

Don’t know if you ever go to Jillys in OC but they have a very beat up but playable Monster Bash

#1175 11 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It is officially Monster Bash, confirmed by CGC. Or do you mean you're waiting for the official official announcement where they include prices, pictures, and all additional features?

Where is the "official announcement?" I know lots of talk and people saying it is definitely going to be Monster Bash, but haven't heard official yet.

#1176 11 months ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Where is the "official announcement?" I know lots of talk and people saying it is definitely going to be Monster Bash, but haven't heard official yet.

On Facebook a week or so ago. CGC admitted they aren't good at secrets.

No pictures yet.

LTG : )

#1177 11 months ago

I am hoping we see pics this week.

#1178 11 months ago

Awesome!!!! Just looked and saw that announcement!!! Very excited to see the pics and add ons they are doing.

#1179 11 months ago

is the general consensus that the original "feature" that they are fixing are the eddy switch "phantom flip"?

I always thought that it was a neat feature but never got to the point of trusting it to work

#1180 11 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is the general consensus that the original "feature" that they are fixing are the eddy switch "phantom flip"?
I always thought that it was a neat feature but never got to the point of trusting it to work

No

#1181 11 months ago

Think we will see pics or info today guys?

#1182 11 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Think we will see pics or info today guys?

Also

No

#1183 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice! What is the music playing? Accept?
Some weekend soon I am going to try installing Plasma pops from LightedPinballMods and see if they fit, how they look...

Thanks, Australian band 'The Angels' huge in the 80's

Can't believe that vid was taken almost 8 years ago, just when LED's started to go mainstream here.

The plasma ? disc can be seen at around the 52 sec mark. Audio active, cheap and easy to install. would be cool if CGC can do something similar

My guesses/ wishes for improvements are:

Upsized color display

LED lighting "a given"

Awesome topper with Universal monsters, Special lighting, perhaps the plasma ! would be Wow !

Revised code, additional rules, audio and graphics, " switchable between classic 1998 and 2018" Wow 20 years !

Phantomflip software,hardware revision. reliability improvement.

Improved cabinet decals, protectors. "no more bunching around legs"

Improved sound system/ Speakers

Original art package

Quality build with great QC

CGC # 3 will be AMAZING !

#1184 11 months ago

I think the main deciding factor for me will be the “2018 code mode”.

That just puts it over the top for me. Classic game completely modernized.

Let’s see.

#1185 11 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

think the main deciding factor for me will be the “2018 code mode”.

I agree 100% This will make it a MUST buy for me also! Come on CGC, we are chomping at the bit here!

#1186 11 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I think the main deciding factor for me will be the “2018 code mode”.
That just puts it over the top for me. Classic game completely modernized.
Let’s see.

What if Lyman did some moonlighting to add new code... "Sheats's Treats"

#1187 11 months ago

That would be AWESOME!

#1188 11 months ago

More like "Monster Sheats."

#1189 10 months ago

More like I'm GOING TO TURN INTO A MONSTER if they don't announce details SOON! RAWRRRRRRRRRRR BOOOOOO HAAAAA HAAAAAAA

#1190 10 months ago

What’s wrong with the code on Monster Bash all of a sudden? It’s Lyman code and pretty solid as I remember it.

The PLAYFIELD is what makes that game too easy. It’s fun, great to look at and has cool toys but is not exactly challenging, a lot like another Gomez title, LOTR. I don’t think a LOTR deep ruleset is in the cards tho.

I’ve always found the music, besides the main play theme, to be a little less than stellar too. Well, here comes the bride is kinda amusing.

#1191 10 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

What’s wrong with the code on Monster Bash all of a sudden? It’s Lyman code and pretty solid as I remember it.
The PLAYFIELD is what makes that game too easy. It’s fun, great to look at and has cool toys but is not exactly challenging, a lot like another Gomez title, LOTR. I don’t think a LOTR deep ruleset is in the cards tho.
I’ve always found the music, besides the main play theme, to be a little less than stellar too. Well, here comes the bride is kinda amusing.

We actually like the code as it is, any upgrade will be just a bonus for us. If you think the game is too easy open the outlanes all the way or even remove the outlane posts. That should sort that out for you.

#1192 10 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Nothing WRONG with it per se, it's just way too easy, to the point of boring. It was in Lyman's nascent stage, so he hadn't hit his potential yet, and it shows.

#1193 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Nothing WRONG with it per se, it's just way too easy, to the point of boring. It was in Lyman's nascent stage, so he hadn't hit his potential yet, and it shows.

Yeah but that’s exactly my point, code won’t make the game harder, and even if you remove posts and what not that’s just how MB plays. Plus no one was calling for new code on MM or AFM, and those are games Lyman did before MB.

Cool game for sure tho. Can’t wait to see the remake. I think the new display graphics will be worth the price of admission.

#1194 10 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yeah but that’s exactly my point, code won’t make the game harder, and even if you remove posts and what not that’s just how MB plays. Plus no one was calling for new code on MM or AFM, and those are games Lyman did before MB.
Cool game for sure tho. Can’t wait to see the remake. I think the new display graphics will be worth the price of admission.

I don't think it needs to be harder, just some more candy and side objectives would be cool so it's not so boring. I don't mind easy if I'm entertained.

#1195 10 months ago

The old code will be there. But I for one, would like a 2018 mode that fully takes advantage of the new hardware. The screen, rgb leds. It’s just another dimension of depth making your $8000 machine even more special.

#1196 10 months ago

Sometimes having a "easy" fun game is important I love GB and Tron but @#$@#$@#$ I get sick of having some hard games. Been looking to add a SS or something fun, that any and everyone has a good time....MB is hard to not want.

#1197 10 months ago

Yup in a varied collection it’s nice to have some fun, easy, smooth shooting games when you need a break from getting your ass kicked. In my case it’s MB and TOM.

#1198 10 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Put lightning flippers on the game if it’s too easy.

#1199 10 months ago

MIKEY IS TURNING INTO A MONSTER! SHOW USSSSSS SHOW USSSSS! WE NEED PICS

#1200 10 months ago

I think MB could use a couple of interactive video modes. That would spice things up a bit!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 279.95
$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 399.95
There are 3078 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside