(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 62.
#851 5 years ago

Think of all the restored ones that sold for more. Even beater MM , CC were commanding 9k plus and sold instantly.

#852 5 years ago

I think this forum has been pretty good about keep the speculation to a manageable level.. up until the last couple of weeks. We need an official update!

#853 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

We need an official update!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#854 5 years ago

I got mine all ready!

1226919C-3387-4242-80E0-1D33D6CA437F (resized).jpeg1226919C-3387-4242-80E0-1D33D6CA437F (resized).jpeg6FB0D88C-1C3E-4519-8AED-C388EE011EB2 (resized).jpeg6FB0D88C-1C3E-4519-8AED-C388EE011EB2 (resized).jpeg
#855 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's a couple of quotes from TWIP who reached out to CGC.
--“…we are very close to announcing. I can confirm that there are no issues with licensing.
--"We contacted several other sources close to CGC last week as well, and heard the same from each of them – that they believe there are no issues with licensing and that CGC is very close to announcing this game".
Monster Bash is the only game out of the possible suspects that is a licensed game, yes?
....Just another log on the MB speculation bonfire.

I can confirm that we are closer to announcing (then last time).

#856 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I got mine all ready!

Hmmm, looks like a stern door, not remake material

#857 5 years ago

MBr has me curious. I like the artwork and theme, but from the video I've seen (never played the game) it looks like the same layout as MM (and AFM--I'm seeing a pattern here). Does the gameplay differ enough to make it interesting? If it is the next remake, I'll give it a few test plays to see what I think.

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

Yeah 11500 is crazy. Or is it? It does have lots of extras and stuff. I really would like a MB one day, better yet a MBr. I wonder if they have a clue that it is likely? the next remake.

If the rumor mill is wrong this is gonna seem like the bargain of the year. With all the hype MB has been getting even players copies will be going for over 10k.

#859 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

MBr has me curious. I like the artwork and theme, but from the video I've seen (never played the game) it looks like the same layout as MM (and AFM--I'm seeing a pattern here). Does the gameplay differ enough to make it interesting? If it is the next remake

Way Different! Give it a go.

#860 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

MBr has me curious. I like the artwork and theme, but from the video I've seen (never played the game) it looks like the same layout as MM (and AFM--I'm seeing a pattern here). Does the gameplay differ enough to make it interesting? If it is the next remake, I'll give it a few test plays to see what I think.

It’s a fan layout, yes, pretty standard (especially with recent games). LOTR playfield is an almost exact copy, although obviously the games are very very different in actual play

#861 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Hmmm, looks like a stern door, not remake material

It’s a re-import and I liked the European style door with the rounded corners better, so I kept it

#862 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s a re-import and I liked the European style door with the rounded corners better, so I kept it

Get a ColorDMD in that bad boy!

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Get a ColorDMD in that bad boy!

Haha i had temporarily transferred it to my IJ, so that’s next on the list!

#864 5 years ago

I just saw John Fogerty a couple weeks ago

#865 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I just saw John Fogerty a couple weeks ago

Did he mention anything about a CCR pinball machine?

#866 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now why would he care about a Cactus Canyon Remake? We all know it is MBr!

#867 5 years ago

AFR ,CCR or BBBR yep big surprise coming

#868 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Centerfield Multiball

#869 5 years ago

Maybe it is Catus Canyon remake.

I wonder if that would cost less to produce?

You never know?!

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This:

#871 5 years ago

No its the 5 days of chicago gaming

#872 5 years ago

Hoping for BBBR or AFR

#873 5 years ago

When I ran into Doug Skor at TPF (that was end of March) he said the wait for #3 would not be long That was about 3 1/2 months ago Will be curious to see what the hold up was all about.

#874 5 years ago

My personal opinion is that licensing issues would be the cause of this long of a silence.

#875 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

My personal opinion is that licensing issues would be the cause of this long of a silence.

Its actually not a re-make.
Original Theme might sell better?

#876 5 years ago

Those monster characters are they licensed by Universal?

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Those monster characters are they licensed by Universal?

Yes, and WMS (Scientific) through PPS handle the license of "Monster Bash" Pinball.

#878 5 years ago

I've heard a rumor courtesy of the Head 2 Head Pinball Podcast that the MB remake is going to feature expanded code to address the complaint that MB's coding is relatively simplistic and is too easy, and this is what is taking the extra time. This is just a rumor, but it makes sense to me. Especially in light of Rick from PPS asking all of us 90's W/B pin owners (a few years ago) what changes we'd like to see in coding for the 90's W/B pins. Silly me, I thought he was asking so he could provide us owners of the original pins expanded and/or completed and further debugged code via replaceable ROM chips. Nope.. now I think he was asking so when he and CGC get together on the remakes, they could look at our recommendations for possibly expanding and bettering the code on the remakes, as that would be a nice selling feature wouldn't it?

#879 5 years ago

I don't think it's really speculation at this point that it's MBr. It's is MB and always has been. The delay is either due to some slow license work which happens all the time or for expanded code which numerous people seem to have already gotten solid information that expanded code will be included. It could also be that the license had a snag that took some extra time so they spent some extra effort on the code while that was worked out.

Whatever is going on the end is in sight and the announcement is coming. I was told they were building a ton of sub assemblies last week and that completed games will be rolling out soon. So it sounds like games will be available for shipping very close to if not at the announcement date.

#880 5 years ago

really wasn't too interested in MB but if the rumors are true, and this thing is coming out with expanded code - well hot damn. Excited to find out. That would be a game changer - literally.

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

really wasn't too interested in MB but if the rumors are true, and this thing is coming out with expanded code - well hot damn. Excited to find out. That would be a game changer - literally.

I would be very cautious about extra code. It could be better, it could completely ruin the game also. MB is pretty darn fun as is and if you set it up difficult it's not that easy to get to the wizard mode. Hopefully if they have changed the code they have the option at start to play the original code or the new code and it's not just a here you go, we made the code better thing.

#882 5 years ago

As an owner of AFMR, they have an additional menu built into the software so I wouldn't be surprised if they provide a way for the person to toggle between old and new code for MBR

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As an owner of AFMR, they have an additional menu built into the software so I wouldn't be surprised if they provide a way for the person to toggle between old and new code for MBR

I'm thinking this will be the case as well but you just never know. It will certainly help sell more games as it will satisfy the people that want an original and the people that like MBr but want more code.

This would also bring into to play the potential for multiple code sets on every game from CGC. Potential for another revenue stream as in a year or 2 they could sell code MB 3.0 or something with another completely different code program to allow for 3 different game play options. Not sure how well something like that would sell but it's somewhat interesting to me.

#884 5 years ago

I would be very curious to see if there would be a way to retrofit this alleged new code into an original game. Would it fit on a chip? (Doubtful I suppose, especially if there are new animations)

There aren’t that many MB out there, so I don’t think they are at risk of not selling new machines, but as a current MB owner I would really like to take advantage of the potential new rules (don’t really care about HD animations as much) somehow, without having to rewire into a P-Roc

#885 5 years ago

the electronics are totally different so there wouldnt be a way to put the new code into the old electronics. they would have to sell a kit or something. or people reimplement with proc but as we saw with CCC, Rick doesn't like that

#886 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I would be very curious to see if there would be a way to retrofit this alleged new code into an original game. Would it fit on a chip?

They emulate the original software and have modern, incompatible hardware that takes the signals from the original code.

If they do custom rules, it won’t work in a original.

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

They emulate the original software and have modern, incompatible hardware that takes the signals from the original code.
If they do custom rules, it won’t work in a original.

No reason there couldn’t be a signal interpreter kit built. These machines are complicated but it is not a huge difference from what happens on virtual pins, but in reverse

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No reason there couldn’t be a signal interpreter kit built. These machines are complicated but it is not a huge difference from what happens on virtual pins, but in reverse

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

#889 5 years ago

Expanded code would be great, and I'd expect if they did that they'd also include an option to play with the original rules. That would be huge!

#890 5 years ago

If the Circus Maximus guys can implement switchable code from original to "enhanced" (Kingpin) then why couldn't CGC do the same?

#891 5 years ago

If they added new rules to the rom itself, then potentially you could burn that to a chip and make it available to original machines. They would likely need access to the original source code to accomplish this.

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does the remake team have any quality rules/code guys on their team to make this something that could be considered a game-changer? Making interesting, fun rules isn't easy and I don't remember anybody getting too fired up over the Vacation America code. Although to be honest I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter. New/additional rules would probably excite the pinside crowd and loosen some purse strings whether or not they are any good.

#893 5 years ago

I just wish we could replace the CD with a LP

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I just wish we could replace the CD with a LP

Did that happen on that awesome planked playfield or was that an afterthought?

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If the Circus Maximus guys can implement switchable code from original to "enhanced" (Kingpin) then why couldn't CGC do the same?

The CM guys are selling you a new Kingpin. They're not offering a kit to convert old Kingpins to use the new software.

CGC wants to sell you a new remake, not make your original "better".

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No reason there couldn’t be a signal interpreter kit built.

Well, you could practice on an AFMR. Just figure out how the boards work and what signals are going where and you can design some hardware to take those signals and convert it so it can drive the WPC boards.

Couldn't be simpler! You just need a few decades of embedded programming experience, understanding of SMT electronics, how to interpret oscilloscope output and a few months of dedicated time. Easy!

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well, you could practice on an AFMR. Just figure out how the boards work and what signals are going where and you can design some hardware to take those signals and convert it so it can drive the WPC boards.
Couldn't be simpler! You just need a few decades of embedded programming experience, understanding of SMT electronics, how to interpret oscilloscope output and a few months of dedicated time. Easy!

It's a no-brainer!

#898 5 years ago

Whens the next big show ? I would imagine they would bring 3 models? If it is MBR very curious
How they could out do the topper on AFRLE ?

#899 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well.. ok 1 decade of embedded programming experience.. check. Oscilloscope output interpretation, check (although there are more straight forward ways to do this) . Months of time, well no, but we make time for the stuff we want. No of course it’s not easy! And it’s probdbly more like a year... but it’s certaily possible to do. Does it fit CGC’s business plan? I dont know. I hope so! It would be far simpler with the source.

And this is all assuming having to reverse engineer this stuff. And delegating it to an engineer in India - even if he gets 75% of it right, and I interpret/ fix the rest. Well that’s a home run. Not that I would do that to CGC.... but it’s an interesting project.

#900 5 years ago

Triple
Post! Omg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 12.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/18?hl=cosmojoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.