(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 62.
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

LOL! So tell us, Mr. Genius, what's game #5? I mean, you seem to know what #3, #4, and #6 are going to be.

Ah yes, the bird brain brigade was sure to rear it's clueless face here. Instead of responding with some measure of happy agreement with the findings that everyone in the community have found and divulged for several months now you'd rather pout and point fingers. But since you are obviously not privy to all that has been posted and/or are still in denial perhaps you should investigate prior posts displaying completed MONSTER BASH playfields at the same factory that had made the first two CGC re-makes. The vaunted MONSTER BASH topper has been discussed over and over and over and over again on numerous threads. You are free to deny and trash those who have long known the identity of #3. That is your right.

I never said I knew DEFINITELY what #4, #5 and #6 are, I speculated on those to enrich the conversation. Based on desirability the hot-to-trot CACTUS CANYON popularity in the CGC inner circle it is at least a sensible call that CC witll be #4, especially since it was thought for so long to be imminent for #3. Since you ask I will give you what I feel will probably be the coming order:

#3 MONSTER BASH (100% certain as a result of poorly-kept secret)
#4 CACTUS CANYON (75% likelihood based on it being strongly considered for the spot order now taken by MB)
#5 BIG BANG BAR (55% likelihood because of commentary from Rick, though some others are now saying another company may be doing it)
#6 THEATRE OF MAGIC (Again stated flatly by Rick to be coming, and this spot order appears to be about right)
#7 TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS (seems to be gaining momentum from fans who want it re-made)
#8 CIRQUS VOLTAIRE (could end up at the finish line ahead of TOTAN actually but this far down nothing is certain)

Is that a fair enough idea as what COULD happen aside from #3 which is no longer in doubt?

P.S. I thought I'd also post pinball aficionado Larry's comment on FB at a recent CGC post. The company responded by saying they thought Larry made some "very good points." Notice specifically what he says about MONSTER BASH in a post mainly about the pros and cons of waiting:

There are pros and cons to your approach. PRO: You don't have a game being promoted for over a year and never for sale (PIRATES/JJ). Another PRO as you change things the buyer doesn't know if you change or alter something again (PIRATES/JJ). CON: There are more cons to your approach in my opinion that pros and it starts with the fact that when you're pretty deep into getting a game done there should be nothing wrong with announcing it, sharing a photo, teasing the game or whatever. Why because you let a company like Stern steal all your thunder. There are people buying Iron Maiden left and right... if you'd announce your game and roughly when you think its coming like even something as generic as Early Summer 2018 then some people might save their money to spend with you! When you take the approach that JJ has taken promoting a game for well over a year and never shipping anything well thats bad, but on the flip side by not announcing the game and sharing some images you're losing potential customers who might figure well they're aren't announcing anything because they're not close to finishing something. So I'll go ahead and buy from another company. I think your approach has some pros but mostly cons. Secondly, everyone already knows you're doing Monster Bash its like the worst kept secret in the pinball industry. Everyone and many people already have a great idea of what's next (after MB too!)... so why not say that you're doing say XLZ and you hope to have it out Fall 2018 as an example. So people who want the game and know the great job you do will prepare themselves to buy it when its officially released. Every single movie studio can't keep a secret what movies they're making, and who's staring in them, they can't hide the new suit Thor is wearing because everyone is a spy these days. So just say it yeah we're doing Monster Bash, when you get pretty deep share a picture share some images, keep people in the loop so they'll have their money ready to go! I think trying to keep a really bad secret, secret is not the right way to go. But maybe not allowing every Tom and Dick and Harry to see or play the game until you're fully behind is might not be a bad approach either ... hence JJ / Pirates. By the time JJ releases Pirates its already old news! So I see both sides, but c'mon you can't keep these things secret just keep people updated in small bits. Every movie studio does the same thing to build the PR to the release you should consider that the same model. Just saying.

#802 5 years ago

Some of you sure take this shit seriously.

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Ah yes, the bird brain brigade was sure to rear it's clueless face here. Instead of responding with some measure of happy agreement with the findings that everyone in the community have found and divulged for several months now you'd rather pout and point fingers. But since you are obviously not privy to all that has been posted and/or are still in denial perhaps you should investigate prior posts displaying completed MONSTER BASH playfields at the same factory that had made the first two CGC re-makes. The vaunted MONSTER BASH topper has been discussed over and over and over and over again on numerous threads. You are free to deny and trash those who have long known the identity of #3. That is your right.
I never said I knew DEFINITELY what #4, #5 and #6 are, I speculated on those to enrich the conversation. Based on desirability the hot-to-trot CACTUS CANYON popularity in the CGC inner circle it is at least a sensible call that CC witll be #4, especially since it was thought for so long to be imminent for #3. Since you ask I will give you what I feel will probably be the coming order:
#4 CACTUS CANYON (75% likelihood based on it being strongly considered for the spot order now taken by MB)
#5 BIG BANG BAR (55% likelihood because of commentary from Rick, though some others are now saying another company may be doing it)
#6 THEATRE OF MAGIC (Again stated flatly by Rick to be coming, and this spot order appears to be about right)
#7 TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS (seems to be gaining momentum from fans who want it re-made)
#8 CIRQUS VOLTAIRE (could end up at the finish line ahead of TOTAN actually but this far down nothing is certain)
Is that a fair enough idea as what COULD happen aside from #3 which is no longer in doubt?
P.S. I thought I'd also post pinball aficionado Larry's comment on FB at a recent CGC post. The company responded by saying they thought Larry made some "very good points." Notice specifically what he says about MONSTER BASH in a post mainly about the pros and cons of waiting:
There are pros and cons to your approach. PRO: You don't have a game being promoted for over a year and never for sale (PIRATES/JJ). Another PRO as you change things the buyer doesn't know if you change or alter something again (PIRATES/JJ). CON: There are more cons to your approach in my opinion that pros and it starts with the fact that when you're pretty deep into getting a game done there should be nothing wrong with announcing it, sharing a photo, teasing the game or whatever. Why because you let a company like Stern steal all your thunder. There are people buying Iron Maiden left and right... if you'd announce your game and roughly when you think its coming like even something as generic as Early Summer 2018 then some people might save their money to spend with you! When you take the approach that JJ has taken promoting a game for well over a year and never shipping anything well thats bad, but on the flip side by not announcing the game and sharing some images you're losing potential customers who might figure well they're aren't announcing anything because they're not close to finishing something. So I'll go ahead and buy from another company. I think your approach has some pros but mostly cons. Secondly, everyone already knows you're doing Monster Bash its like the worst kept secret in the pinball industry. Everyone and many people already have a great idea of what's next (after MB too!)... so why not say that you're doing say XLZ and you hope to have it out Fall 2018 as an example. So people who want the game and know the great job you do will prepare themselves to buy it when its officially released. Every single movie studio can't keep a secret what movies they're making, and who's staring in them, they can't hide the new suit Thor is wearing because everyone is a spy these days. So just say it yeah we're doing Monster Bash, when you get pretty deep share a picture share some images, keep people in the loop so they'll have their money ready to go! I think trying to keep a really bad secret, secret is not the right way to go. But maybe not allowing every Tom and Dick and Harry to see or play the game until you're fully behind is might not be a bad approach either ... hence JJ / Pirates. By the time JJ releases Pirates its already old news! So I see both sides, but c'mon you can't keep these things secret just keep people updated in small bits. Every movie studio does the same thing to build the PR to the release you should consider that the same model. Just saying.

#804 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Take your Metamucil and calm down.

#805 5 years ago

Don't forget IJ will be 5.

#806 5 years ago

I'm in the 63 year-old club too but I have MB at 97.9% and I can't explain why.

#807 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me for trying to assert some semblance of sanity.

#808 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I'm in the 63 year-old club too but I have MB at 97.9% and I can't explain why.

You know what my friend I like your 97 and change better than mine, as in life there is nothing 100% aside from the proverbial death and taxes.

So touche!

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Don't forget IJ will be 5.

Sadly IJ, TZ and TAF are not spoken of favorably for the CGC treatment for reasons connected to their being many out there (TAF) or expensive and wide body (the other two). But I'd love to see them happen absolutely!

#810 5 years ago

Of course, what else would I expect here. (to the Zzz icon)

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Sage advice.
Everyone should be taking Metamucil irrespective of the #3 release - It always helps with the #2 release.

#812 5 years ago

I don't care if it takes another 6 months!

As long as I've got my Meta..

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#813 5 years ago

Listen, I took my Metamucil after dinner yesterday as per suggestions here and had a mid-night revelation last night. A spiritual epiphany if you will. All that MONSTER BASH talk was blasphemous. The hundreds of people who spoke of the certainty of this ghoulish reunion of sorts were misguided, misinformed and downright clueless. The MB playfields that were spotted and photographed at CGC's cabinet factory were put there as a deliberate ploy to mislead the public into thinking George Gomez' piece de resistance was imminent, when in fact CGC was unable to sort out copyright issues. All the insiders who were able to secure the irrefutable information on the certainty of MB's release were paid off to forward this deception! My reliable source, who in my telling dream informed me that Metamucil not only yielded therapeutic advantages, but also possessed when taken even in moderate doses the power to predict the future in the field of pinball and in others areas this ended all the cocky speculation and obnoxious certainty that some including myself have disingenuously perpetuated on this thread and elsewhere. Only lotto number accuracy was persona non gratta.

Last night I was informed -and you can take this to the bank - that the identity of the new game CGC have gone at lengths to conceal ***guffaws*** is an idyllic recreation of the very first DMD machine released to the public -GILLIGAN'S ISLAND!!! Dawn Wells has made exclusive arrangements with CGC to sign the back glass of every single machine in the planned 2K run, and my muse tells me machines will begin shipping on the 1st of October. CGC tried to offer clues at a corporate meeting last month when they served pineapples and coconuts at every table but apparently the hint went unnoticed. Even simulated note pads with a heading "From the desk of Bob Denver" failed to ring a bell for these seeming catatonic employees.

I can't thank some of you enough for getting me back on the Metamucil bandwagon! As a result I no longer will be thinking of Count Dracula, the Frankenstein monster and the dog's bollocks of pinball machines, including a topper that some unfortunate pinball fans were certain would grace the MB LE. Finally, my seemingly lengthy period of unconsciousness also moved ahead further in time to reveal the names of the next three CGC machines after GI. Are you ready? Here ya go:

#4 The Phantom of the Opera (Data East)
#5 The Flintstones (Williams)
#6 Bram Stoker's Dracula (Williams)

The words SPACE JAM keep coming up too. I wonder what that means?

Save your pennies. Now you can proceed with certainty! And where would we be without Metamucil?!

#814 5 years ago

It's Barb Wire. Always has been and always will be.

#815 5 years ago

After 3 and a half years.. I might set this up today..

20180630_123652 (resized).jpg20180630_123652 (resized).jpg
#816 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I want to give you a thumbs down, but don’t want to be negative. I’m just shocked that you’ve had that game that long without setting it up. Each persons situation is different so I just don’t know yours. I’m excited for you to play it though.

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I want to give you a thumbs down, but don’t want to be negative. I’m just shocked that you’ve had that game that long without setting it up. Each persons situation is different so I just don’t know yours. I’m excited for you to play it though.

No problem, I have owned MB for 8 years now, It was having a little rest
It's the other 2 games next to it that everyone keeps asking to set back up, IJ & ToM

#818 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some of you sure take this shit seriously.

Some of you don't take your shit seriously also.

#819 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

shit together (resized).jpgshit together (resized).jpg
#820 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

If he sets it up it will need to be restored

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

TOTAN seems like a really good bet, lots of people like it / want it

Needs better rules and more balanced scoring. Great layout and gorgeous game but if it is to be remade they need to fix the scoring logic.

My guess is still MB. I also think TAF will be remade sooner rather than later.

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Needs better rules and more balanced scoring. Great layout and gorgeous game but if it is to be remade they need to fix the scoring logic.

If it is TAF I’m buying. Unfortunately it is MB and I’m not.

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would certainly be in on TAF. I wonder if it would be possible to re-theme a great layout with a close-but-not-infringing theme? At a lower price that would be fun too

#824 5 years ago
2d6y3q (resized).jpg2d6y3q (resized).jpg
#825 5 years ago

Hmmmm seems interesting.. Just added today

0E27F059-575C-4682-841C-5E404BF7E03B (resized).jpeg0E27F059-575C-4682-841C-5E404BF7E03B (resized).jpeg
#826 5 years ago

I am excited for Monster Bash,

I miss my old stinky cigarette MB I got from Germany.

The NIB smell of a MB will be great !

I can only guess the delays are due new hardware integration, LCD etc.

So impressed CGC is taking the time to get the game right.

Well done CGC !

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Hmmmm seems interesting.. Just added today

No news there a restock from the original manufacturer, i have them back in stock as well

And cactus canyon and others

#828 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I don't think Arcooda machines have anything to do with it.
Arcooda are a product of Highway Entertainment in Newcastle Australia
https://www.highway.net.au/arcade-machines/pinball-machines/
Highway Entertainment are the main distributor for Homepin where distributors worldwide deal with them and not Homepin.
I would not be surprised if Homepin are linked with making these if these are made in China, probably wrong.
The Arcooda system also plays Zen pinball games and I think Pro Pinball

According to Arcooda's website, the "Pro" model of their cabinet will be made in Elk Grove, IL, which is where Stern is located.

arcooda (resized).pngarcooda (resized).png
#829 5 years ago

the joy sticks are in the wrong place also if they plan pinball arcade will need be able to map coin door buttons 1 to 1?

vpinmame can do that + coin mapping.

#830 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Take this seriously then.

I'm really hoping the reason this is taking so long is they want to get it right but can't decide if Mary Anne or Ginger should have pole position on the translite of the new and improved and fully upgraded with new art and video clips... GIr.

prof (resized).jpgprof (resized).jpg
#831 5 years ago

I never could figure out what was up with The Professor.. I mean the guy could build a car out of palm trees and coconuts, but couldn’t fix a one foot hole in a boat

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

couldn’t fix a one foot hole in a boat

They tried that with pancake syrup once remember?

That didn't end well...

Or how they were able to rebuild it into an entirely different boat and move it from the beach to the lagoon...

#833 5 years ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

I never could figure out what was up with The Professor.. I mean the guy could build a car out of palm trees and coconuts, but couldn’t fix a one foot hole in a boat

Eventually they escaped didn't they? And then went back?

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Take this seriously then.
I'm really hoping the reason this is taking so long is they want to get it right but can't decide if Mary Anne or Ginger should have pole position on the translite of the new and improved and fully upgraded with new art and video clips... GIr.

Sorry you lost me at Mary Anne or Ginger on a Pole.........

#835 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Eventually they escaped didn't they? And then went back?

Not sure. Was supposed to be a 3 hour tour, like going through the Stern Factory...

#836 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

No news there a restock from the original manufacturer, i have them back in stock as well
And cactus canyon and others

#837 5 years ago

So, H2H say a new feature that is going to be great.

What is the most common complaint about MB?

On that basis, I am guessing some new rules.

#838 5 years ago

I would have thought phantom flip?
Eddy sensors
I guess a reliability improvement would be welcome.
Im more excited for a factory LCD
Some rule enhancement would be cool.
I dig Lymans Lament
Totally !

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Eddy sensors
I dig Lymans Lament
Totally !

Yeah, phantom flip was always kind of sketchy in execution.

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Eddy sensors
I dig Lymans Lament
Totally !

Good point. The original eddy sensors are terrible. They need reliable boards, like the aftermarket ones from Pinbits.

#841 5 years ago

CCR with a video topper

#842 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

CCR with a video topper

CCR.gifCCR.gif
#843 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Shipping in July all is good.

Almost a week in and no announcement yet. I hope Monster Bash is ready to ship as soon as announced! I'm also interested to see what updates or extras they've added to it.

A high-res dot update like MMR and an amazing topper would be cool. Think of the actual MB band on top of the backbox with multiple coils for various monsters' actions, I can dream

#844 5 years ago

Dreams can come true

#845 5 years ago

Is this anyone’s here? Just popped up on my local Craigslist. That top would scare the crap out of my kids!

D7B71445-32D2-4E2F-9B64-19FF59489E58 (resized).pngD7B71445-32D2-4E2F-9B64-19FF59489E58 (resized).png
#846 5 years ago

Brett, what is he/she asking for it? Just curious.

#847 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Brett, what is he/she asking for it? Just curious.

$11,500

#848 5 years ago

Just found it. Wow, have prices gone up. It is a gorgeous restoration, though. Looks NIB.

cnj.craigslist.org link

#849 5 years ago

Yeah 11500 is crazy. Or is it? It does have lots of extras and stuff. I really would like a MB one day, better yet a MBr. I wonder if they have a clue that it is likely? the next remake.

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:Just found it. Wow, have prices gone up. It is a gorgeous restoration, though. Looks NIB.
cnj.craigslist.org link

Well, more accurately, new with a bunch of bling and improvements. I’m not in the market for a MB, but if I were, I’d wait for the remake and bling it out myself (if I was inclined to do so).

Quoted from Brett-L:

Yeah 11500 is crazy. I really would like a MB one day, better yet a MBr. I wonder if they have a clue that it is likely? the next remake.

I’m betting the seller is very aware of the remake and wants to sell his before it comes out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.