(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 62.
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Is it possible that Arcooda is building virtual pinball machines for a certain gaming company in Chicago? Could that be the Game #3 announcement?

This would bring an end to CGC's pinball Gig!

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

OH NO
He did enough damage the first time ( - :

But he has a top ten record this time.

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This would bring an end to CGC's pinball Gig!

I'm almost certain they probably still have most of the dies and molds for the long awaited VAR. They won't be letting us down!

They know how to make a buck without the hassles of licensing or starting all over from scratch.

image-7 (resized).jpgimage-7 (resized).jpg
#754 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm almost certain they probably still have most of the dies and molds for the long awaited VAR. They won't be letting us down!
They know how to make a buck without the hassles of licensing or starting all over from scratch.

I'd buy that game just to have it for a couple weeks. it's all pinball, I don't discriminate... unless it's Frankenstein.

#755 5 years ago

I don't think Arcooda machines have anything to do with it.

Arcooda are a product of Highway Entertainment in Newcastle Australia
https://www.highway.net.au/arcade-machines/pinball-machines/

Highway Entertainment are the main distributor for Homepin where distributors worldwide deal with them and not Homepin.

I would not be surprised if Homepin are linked with making these if these are made in China, probably wrong.

The Arcooda system also plays Zen pinball games and I think Pro Pinball

#756 5 years ago

I personally hope it Cactus Canyon, less out there and one of my favorites. Either way, just hurry up and announce it already.

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Either way, just hurry up and announce it already.

"Hurry Up" and "Pinball" don't belong in the same conversation ( - :

#758 5 years ago

It's not cactus canyon

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

"Hurry Up" and "Pinball" don't belong in the same conversation ( - :

Most games feature a hurry up mode lol

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

It's not cactus canyon

Well Damn, that's a spoiler wayne.

#761 5 years ago

Aim to please

#762 5 years ago

@cgc_dduba

Hey Doug - any updates?

Neil.

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

cgc_dduba
Hey Doug - any updates?
Neil.

Mid July

#764 5 years ago

What games have the most commercial viability these days.
They've already said they are considering some of these .

Monster Bash - ( Speculation is next )
Cactus Canyon ( Will this really sell - the game is well . meh )
Tales of Arabian Nights -
Cirque Voltaire- ( Possible Viable ?
Theatre of Magic - ( Possible Viable ?
Kingpin -
Big Bang Bar-

CFTBL ( Possible Viable ?
Funhouse ( Possible Viable ?
BOP ( Possible Viable ?

The Adams Family ( Probably impossible to happen )

Medieval Madness (Done)
Attack From Mars (Done)

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Kingpin -
Big Bang Bar-
BOP ( Possible Viable ?
Medieval Madness (Done)
Attack From Mars (Done)

TOTAN seems like a really good bet, lots of people like it / want it

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

cgc_dduba
Hey Doug - any updates?
Neil.

I think Doug is already with Stern.

#767 5 years ago

There really is no longer any speculation. The entire pinball community has known the title is MONSTER BASH for a long time now. Playfields have been spotted at places CGC uses, the popularity of this hugely beloved title as the third follow-up to MM and AFM in precise order of popularity at the perch of Pinside's Top 100 makes perfect sense and the only other game even being mentioned right now, CACTUS CANYON has been publicly disqualified by a close friend of Rick on FB. (a friend very close to the workings of what is going on). BBB, TOM and perhaps TOTAN are down the line. Not only do we know MONSTER BASH will be announced any day now we are also relatively certain that #4 will be CACTUS CANYON. Beyond that a very fair guess will be that BIG BANG BAR will be #6. There is no harm in all of us knowing at all and I don't blame CGC for delaying the announcement until the point they feel they can ship a short time afterward. (perhaps a few months at most). I understand why a few on this thread continue to throw a wrench into what is a 100% certainty. To do so will keep up some measure of suspense and gives CGC a bit of a cloak.

But it is all over. We know. The delay is proper for sure, but the identity has been revealed because of what is essentially a poorly kept secret.

I will be ordering my MONSTER BASH soon after it is official and next year I am certain to add CACTUS CANYON to my collection!

Great time again in the pinball world!

I predict around August 1st for the official unveiling.

#768 5 years ago

I concur with FFH26, and from what I heard on the inside, the Topper will be amazing.

#769 5 years ago
67F6EA1F-3F02-47A7-8745-16525D473F26 (resized).png67F6EA1F-3F02-47A7-8745-16525D473F26 (resized).png
#770 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Kingpin -
Big Bang Bar-
BOP ( Possible Viable ?
Medieval Madness (Done)
Attack From Mars (Done)

Someone else is doing Kingpin already.

Twilight Zone should be on that list, too. A remake with a great topper, wide color screen and the "lost" magnet installed should sell very well.

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

There really is no longer any speculation. The entire pinball community has known the title is MONSTER BASH for a long time now. Playfields have been spotted at places CGC uses, the popularity of this hugely beloved title as the third follow-up to MM and AFM in precise order of popularity at the perch of Pinside's Top 100 makes perfect sense and the only other game even being mentioned right now, CACTUS CANYON has been publicly disqualified by a close friend of Rick on FB. (a friend very close to the workings of what is going on). BBB, TOM and perhaps TOTAN are down the line. Not only do we know MONSTER BASH will be announced any day now we are also relatively certain that #4 will be CACTUS CANYON. Beyond that a very fair guess will be that BIG BANG BAR will be #6. There is no harm in all of us knowing at all and I don't blame CGC for delaying the announcement until the point they feel they can ship a short time afterward. (perhaps a few months at most). I understand why a few on this thread continue to throw a wrench into what is a 100% certainty. To do so will keep up some measure of suspense and gives CGC a bit of a cloak.
But it is all over. We know. The delay is proper for sure, but the identity has been revealed because of what is essentially a poorly kept secret.
I will be ordering my MONSTER BASH soon after it is official and next year I am certain to add CACTUS CANYON to my collection!

open a clairvoyance office.

#772 5 years ago

Could be nothing more than a part supply problem. After all, there are a lot of toys on Monster Bash.

#773 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

open a clairvoyance office.

You are in some serious denial. A four year old knows MONSTER BASH is coming. Sorry you are so threatened by the truth.

I don't need to open up an office, I am uttering what has been openly visible for almost a year to the entire pinball community. Physical evidence has been published! Geez!

#774 5 years ago

You are in some serious denial. A four year old knows MONSTER BASH is coming. Sorry you are so threatened by the truth.
I don't need to open up an office, I am uttering what has been openly visible for almost a year to the entire pinball community. Physical evidence has been published! Geez!

OK I believe you. But if your wrong.... We will make sure your accountable.

#775 5 years ago

AFR

#776 5 years ago

lol, so much emotion in this thread I feel sorry for the poor topper, not sure how it's going to be able to live up to all the expectations.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I think Doug is already with Stern.

different Doug dood!

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

different Doug dood!

My Bad

#779 5 years ago

I love it when Pinside breaks the spirit of a newby....

#780 5 years ago

So its big lebowski remake?
Really about time they redid that old title.

#781 5 years ago

I would be all about a TBLr.

#782 5 years ago

I heard its going to be My Little Pony Remake!!!!! SWEET

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Twilight Zone should be on that list, too.

TZ (and TAF) are going to have difficult license issues to overcome

TZ would be insanely expensive to reproduce

TZ already has over 15k games out there

I would never say it's impossible, but I'd say if you want one in the next 10 years, buy an original.

#784 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

TZ (and TAF) are going to have difficult license issues to overcome
TZ would be insanely expensive to reproduce
TZ already has over 15k games out there
I would never say it's impossible, but I'd say if you want one in the next 10 years, buy an original.

How many of those games have the lost magnet mod? Like 1%? 2%? It's a cool feature that would likely sell machines to people that already have them when paired with a much larger screen and cool AfM-like topper. Pretty sure CBS owns all the points of the original show, so licensing should not be that bad. Maybe expensive, but not complicated.

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How many of those games have the lost magnet mod? Like 1%? 2%? It's a cool feature that would likely sell machines to people that already have them when paired with a much larger screen and cool AfM-like topper. Pretty sure CBS owns all the points of the original show, so licensing should not be that bad. Maybe expensive, but not complicated.

I think it’s the general TZ BOM that is a profit margin issue. They might have to price the game at 10k, not including commemorative jackets!

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

including commemorative jackets!

I'd like a jacket please!
If your doing sign ups...

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think it’s the general TZ BOM that is a profit margin issue. They might have to price the game at 10k, not including commemorative jackets!

I don't think the BOM is much different than WoZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and jjPotC. Probably less, in fact. It seemed to be packed for its time, but that's only relative to what came out at the same time.

#788 5 years ago

This was from a show guide a few years ago.

CGC3 (resized).jpgCGC3 (resized).jpg
#789 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think the BOM is much different than WoZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and jjPotC. Probably less, in fact. It seemed to be packed for its time, but that's only relative to what came out at the same time.

BoM likely wouldn't be as high as Hobbit, WOZ or PotC, but assembly time and cost would be very high. Also there's so much shit to go on there that there'd probably be a lot more errors resulting in either having to redo things (further worsening it) or damage.

They'd have to price it high, and margin probably wouldn't be great. Plus, as has been stated, 16,000 were produced.

I don't see how it happens. After CCr / BBBr / ToMr they're probably best off doing original stuff. Anything else is pretty risky IMO - possibly TotANr less so if it had loads of new code and assets ... but even then ...

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I love it when Pinside breaks the spirit of a newby....

A newbie? Really? I have published a ton of posts and made a ton of comments at PINSIDE over the past year. I assure you my "spirit" hasn't been broken remotely, just trying to do my part in countering denial. I am 63 years old and have been collecting machines for decades.

BTW, "newbie" is the correct spelling, not "newby." Damn if my post didn't break your "spirit." LOL!!

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I personally hope it Cactus Canyon, less out there and one of my favorites. Either way, just hurry up and announce it already.

I too want CC badly. But it is not CC, this was confirmed months ago. It is MB - a 100% certainly based on physical evidence and a poorly kept secret.

CC is believed to be highly likely for #4, meaning we will have it sometime in the third quarter of 2019.

#792 5 years ago

I don't think TZ or Adams's Family will be difficult to overcome. Just throw money at them...

#793 5 years ago

Is it possible that Pinball Arcade lost the licenses to the Bally/Williams titles , with CGC starting to produce Virtual Pinball games and having won those rights?

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Is it possible that Pinball Arcade lost the licenses to the Bally/Williams titles , with CGC starting to produce Virtual Pinball games and having won those rights?

2d27bh (resized).jpg2d27bh (resized).jpg
#795 5 years ago

My very relieable sources say the game wasn't announced yet, because it's late.

#796 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

My very relieable sources say the game wasn't announced yet, because it's late.

Oh I totally agree. That is surely the reason nothing has been made official yet.

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

If they are branching out into VPB then less resources for other things. Shame

#798 5 years ago

LOL! So tell us, Mr. Genius, what's game #5? I mean, you seem to know what #3, #4, and #6 are going to be.

#799 5 years ago

Oh I totally agree. That is surely the reason nothing has been made official yet.

Not quite. It has been made official, that there is nothing.

#800 5 years ago

A newbie? Really? I have published a ton of posts and made a ton of comments at PINSIDE over the past year. I assure you my "spirit" hasn't been broken remotely, just trying to do my part in countering denial. I am 63 years old and have been collecting machines for decades.
BTW, "newbie" is the correct spelling, not "newby." Damn if my post didn't break your "spirit." LOL!!

Well, in fairness to @pinballinreno, I did read his comments about breaking your spirit as a sarcastic remark. Your posts came across as anything but spirit-broken... but I'll let Reno speak for himself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/16?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.