(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 62.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Pinsiders n pinball collectors ?
Whoever holds the rights thats worth a fortune could just sell out and sit on a beach ?
Then remakes etc would be a dream. Quit complaining

#702 5 years ago

I think everyone is probably reading too much into this in a typical Pinside fashion.

But that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.

Paul

#703 5 years ago

I don't think we're reading enough into what's going on, let's see if I can figure this out.

Doug is moving to Stern and he had a good relationship with Scientific Games. FarSight has lost the Williams rights for Pinball Arcade. Stern has been hiring programmers left and right. Stern will develop their own video simulations from now on, wanting to cash in on that slice of the pie themselves. Additionally, they have not only obtained the Williams rights for simulation, in one fell swoop they obtained full Williams rights including those to build physical games. Rick is reeling from this coup. He's attempting to play hardball with the only leverage he has: not releasing MB, thus no royalties to SG, unless some compromise is reached. His position is weak though, and CGC is also scrambling because of all their investment to build machines going unused. They are switching focus to Capcom titles which Circus Maximus has the rights to, and the line is being switched over for King Pin production.

pkiefert is just trying to throw us off the trail of what is obviously going on!

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I don't think we're reading enough into what's going on, let's see if I can figure this out.
Doug is moving to Stern and he had a good relationship with Scientific Games. FarSight has lost the Williams rights for Pinball Arcade. Stern has been hiring programmers left and right. Stern will develop their own video simulations from now on, wanting to cash in on that slice of the pie themselves. Additionally, they have not only obtained the Williams rights for simulation, in one fell swoop they obtained full Williams rights including those to build physical games. Rick is reeling from this coup. He's attempting to play hardball with the only leverage he has: not releasing MB, thus no royalties to SG, unless some compromise is reached. His position is weak though, and CGC is also scrambling because of all their investment to build machines going unused. They are switching focus to Capcom titles which Circus Maximus has the rights to, and the line is being switched over for King Pin production.
pkiefert is just trying to throw us off the trail of what is obviously going on!

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Well said, "Things that make you go hmmmm"!

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

LOL

On the bright side, I would absolutely be in for a Pinball Magic remake!

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Well said, "Things that make you go hmmmm"!

Yes exactly:

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Stern will develop their own video simulations from now on, wanting to cash in on that slice of the pie themselves. Additionally, they have not only obtained the Williams rights for simulation, in one fell swoop they obtained full Williams rights including those to build physical games. Rick is reeling from this coup.

Are you claiming that Stern now has the rights to do repro Williams games?

#709 5 years ago

Yes Paul, keep up! This is pinside, we know everything.

#710 5 years ago

Holy crap. I haven’t read this thread in a couple days and I come back to see a level of speculation that makes me embarrassed to be a pinsider. Let’s add alien abduction of the cabinet hardware stock to the list of reasons the game hasn’t been announced while we are at it...

You want to know why the delay is? Ask CGC. Post their reply. If you don’t get one take the hint they don’t want to say and move on to either wait patiently or take your money elsewhere.

As for the Williams stuff - Farsight started publically Williams decided not to renew the license. That’s all anyone knows publically or “officially”. That could for a variety of reasons but it definitely doesn’t mean the CIA killed JFK. :-p

(Hypocritical Comment Starts Here) Everyone - the game is MBr - so calm the heck down! (/end Hypocritical Comment)

Before anyone attacks me this entire post is meant to be read both lightly and seriously. Certain attitudes here chase away people like Doug (prior to him taking new job) and Lloyd. We can’t have nice things because of this attitude and then we lash out with potentially harmful speculation as a result? Seriously this place is sometimes is just like a bunch of children with very expensive toys who act like toddlers or even infants with said toys...

Oh well... Peace and Love Peace and Love (Howard Stern listeners anyone?)

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Oh well... Peace and Love Peace and Love (Howard Stern listeners anyone?)

I cancelled my sirus/xm few months back, dont miss it, and Howard had become the same ol, same ol. Got old over past ten years.

Speculation, pretty much this whole thread.
Fun to guess and figure out whats happening.
Prerty much driving our excitment for the next game.
So i agree with many of your points.
Grain of salt, or truth? Time will tell.
Until then, waiting for CCr.

#712 5 years ago

It’s a speculation thread... all is fair game. Until we hear from the source there’s no harm in coming up with fun therories. If someone is dumb enough to take anything in a speculation thread as gospel then that’s their problem. Chilax, don’t be embarrassed and hop in the pool, the water is fine. I think the alien cabinet abduction therory is just as valid as anything else here, probably just not as plausible to be fun.

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I think the alien cabinet abduction therory is just as valid as anything else here, probably just not as plausible to be fun.

Does this mean Churchill cant make more cabinets? That would explain the delay completly.

#714 5 years ago

I think you guys are reading way too much into this.........PPS has a PERPETUAL license with WEG (Scientific Games).........perpetual means it never ends.

Farsight must have had a different type of license, that's all.

#715 5 years ago

Rick and Gene kissed and made up!!

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

I think you guys are reading way too much into this.........PPS has a PERPETUAL license with WEG (Scientific Games).........perpetual means it never ends.
Farsight must have had a different type of license, that's all.

Nothing is perpetual, even if perpetual is in the name

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I cancelled my sirus/xm few months back, dont miss it, and Howard had become the same ol, same ol. Got old over past ten years.
Speculation, pretty much this whole thread.
Fun to guess and figure out whats happening.
Prerty much driving our excitment for the next game.
So i agree with many of your points.
Grain of salt, or truth? Time will tell.
Until then, waiting for CCr.

You're missing some great radio then. Howard is still really good. You know you miss it. Stop it.

#718 5 years ago

It was all discussed in our recent pinball club meeting, the recorded minutes are below, see for yourselves.

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1006612/Hitler-discusses-empty-spot-in-his-pinball-line-up

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

It was all discussed in our recent pinball club meeting, the recorded minutes are below, see for yourselves.
https://www.captiongenerator.com/1006612/Hitler-discusses-empty-spot-in-his-pinball-line-up

quality!

#720 5 years ago

There is no doubt something major is going on behind the scenes. It's not a 'normal' delay in my opinion.

I guess we will find out eventually.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

LMAO!! Awesome. Loved the ladies whispering caption.

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're missing some great radio then. Howard is still really good. You know you miss it. Stop it.

Ok, occasional, your right.
They jacked my fees and pissed me off.

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ok, occasional, your right.
They jacked my fees and pissed me off.

Oh SXM always pulls that nonsense. Give them a call and negotiate. I've been a customer for 10 years and once a year it's like groundhog day - I need to remind them I'm not paying their increase and they always drop it back down. Don't give up.

#724 5 years ago

Stern is going to make these pins going forward

Making pinball is hard

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern is going to make these pins going forward
Making pinball is hard

Let's hope not.

Their quality sux.

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh SXM always pulls that nonsense. Give them a call and negotiate. I've been a customer for 10 years and once a year it's like groundhog day - I need to remind them I'm not paying their increase and they always drop it back down. Don't give up.

Bought a two lifetime radio subscriptions 20+ years ago for $250 each. Based on current monthly rates it was a great deal and they are still going strong.

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

Bought a two lifetime radio subscriptions 20+ years ago for $250 each. Based on current monthly rates it was a great deal and they are still going strong.

Funny I was going to say the same thing! Everyone thought I was nuts but I am Not a fan of month or annual bills Sirius and Tivo got one lifetime payment and 15 plus years later still no worries. Add to that Sirius lets you stream from your phone so 1 subscription lets me run it in every vehicle and home. Priceless.

#728 5 years ago

Playing my original AFM & AFMLE
the LE for me blows the original out of the water. I think everyone needs to chill and not assume anything

For all we know its AFR ? And that would sell better than MM .just my opinion

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

What Garbage, Doug had no dealing with Scientific Games in relation to Pinball, CGC manufacture for PPS under their license, the license is worldwide and exclusive and nobody is taking it off them. SG get no license fees on remakes. PS Cirqus Maximus have no rights to use Capcom Trademark on any game.

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

It’s a speculation thread... all is fair game. Until we hear from the source there’s no harm in coming up with fun therories. If someone is dumb enough to take anything in a speculation thread as gospel then that’s their problem. Chilax, don’t be embarrassed and hop in the pool, the water is fine. I think the alien cabinet abduction therory is just as valid as anything else here, probably just not as plausible to be fun.

Speculation and fun theories are one thing, but the bashing people who might actually know something about the situation is another. It’s to bad they all seem to have been run off this thread.

As for speculation, I think it’s MBr and it will be interesting to find out what the delay is all about.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

OMG, this is fking hilarious!!!
Awesome post! Thanks!!

#732 5 years ago

I prefer to call it creative license.

Hitler's not really in my pinball club either.

#733 5 years ago

Hitler was notorious for his severe flatulance and horrible breath....and he like hanging out in this underground bunker. Sounds like he would fit right in with all of us pinheads!

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Let's hope not.
Their quality sux.

Doug will straighten it out

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Hitler was notorious for his severe flatulance

I'll bet it was dairy.

#736 5 years ago

Doug Skor leaving Chicago gaming was just a cover story from the CIA.

The reality is that aliens have taken over Chicago gaming and are going to release Revenge from Mars remake but this time the Martians are the good guys.

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

If the Fuhrer is willing to gamble putting money down on a pinball machine that can't seem to get past the perpetual prototype stage, has taken almost the entire duration of WW2 to build less than half a dozen semi-functional units and still shows no signs of reaching general production then it shows how desperate things are in the final days of the Third Reich.

No doubt that one way ticket to Argentina is looking very tempting right about now.

#738 5 years ago

NEWS FLASH !!!
ITS NOT A REMAKE
Gorgar ,s Revenge

#739 5 years ago

This entire thing is hilarious!
I will hit pay now when announced and the guys with all the speculation Bull Shit
Will say oh well? Um? I was in? Ahhh not the right time? I just bought a disco fever. Relax n wait
It will be worth it

#740 5 years ago

Here's a couple of quotes from TWIP who reached out to CGC.

--“…we are very close to announcing. I can confirm that there are no issues with licensing.

--"We contacted several other sources close to CGC last week as well, and heard the same from each of them – that they believe there are no issues with licensing and that CGC is very close to announcing this game".

Monster Bash is the only game out of the possible suspects that is a licensed game, yes?
....Just another log on the MB speculation bonfire.

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

--“…we are very close to announcing. I can confirm that there are no issues with licensing.
--"We contacted several other sources close to CGC last week as well, and heard the same from each of them – that they believe there are no issues with licensing and that CGC is very close to announcing this game".
Monster Bash is the only game out of the possible suspects that is a licensed game, yes?

Well... if you were playing odds, a non-licensed theme would be the most likely candidate to generate a quote of "there are no issues with licensing". So, the speculation bonfire is still ablaze. Personally feel that MBR makes the most sense financially, but I'd be on board for quite a few of the other speculated titles as well.

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Gorgar ,s Revenge

OH NO

He did enough damage the first time ( - :

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well, technically any Bally/Williams game requires the Bally/Williams license, so I'd say all the games Doug has done are licensed games.

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This could be one big bonfire

#746 5 years ago

Here's a far-fetched theory. Or is it? We know that Arcooda is building full-size virtual pinball machines. Google it. I think they're based in Hong Kong. The machines look pretty amazing, with solenoids, shakers, powered subs, 4K graphics, etc. They will soon begin shipping their machines to Chicago (if you're in the US and you order a machine directly from them, it will ship to Chicago). They expect to start shipping in October... and Expo is in October. According to their web site, if you buy directly from them before June 30, the Pinball Arcade tables (cabinet version) are included for free... so that means you get virtual Monster Bash plus 75 other tables. Now put the pieces together. Is it possible that Arcooda is building virtual pinball machines for a certain gaming company in Chicago? Could that be the Game #3 announcement? Is it just a coincidence? You be the judge.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Here's a far-fetched theory. Or is it? We know that Arcooda is building full-size virtual pinball machines. Google it. I think they're based in Hong Kong. The machines look pretty amazing, with solenoids, shakers, powered subs, 4K graphics, etc. They will soon begin shipping their machines to Chicago (if you're in the US and you order a machine directly from them, it will ship to Chicago). They expect to start shipping in October... and Expo is in October. According to their web site, if you buy directly from them before June 30, the Pinball Arcade tables (cabinet version) are included for free... so that means you get virtual Monster Bash plus 75 other tables. Now put the pieces together. Is it possible that Arcooda is building virtual pinball machines for a certain gaming company in Chicago? Could that be the Game #3 announcement? Is it just a coincidence? You be the judge.

I fucking hope not. I dont want no virtual bullshit. Im foaming at the mouth to just throw money at MBR

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Sure hope that's not the plan. At pinball shows I've been to, the video pinball machines get very little play. No thanks.

#749 5 years ago

I'm just wondering with Doug gone if Rick will become their spokesman again.

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just wondering with Doug gone if Rick will become their spokesman again.

I sure hope not

Customer: complains about valid quality issue

PPS: Put your big boy pants on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/15?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.