(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 62.
#651 5 years ago

I don't care what the hell they make, I just need something to fill the emptiness.

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I don't care what the hell they make, I just need something to fill the emptiness.

Houdini's are shipping now!
Then buy remake later in year, but by then you wont want to sell Houdini.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I just need something to fill the emptiness.

That there explains the entire pinball business model of today.

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Guys, guys, guys.
Spoiler alert!
Its Gilligan's Island!.

GIr

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

LOL!!! True

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Kids, wife, booze, money, cars, travel, weed, hot yoga, that pilgrimage to India... nothing seems to work. But I am pretty sure that a shiny new Monster Bash will do the trick.

#657 5 years ago

So was there a legit announcement - I am already figuring out which Kidney to sell.

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

So was there a legit announcement - I am already figuring out which Kidney to sell.

Nothing yet. Still waiting!

#659 5 years ago

Who's Lloyds new source?

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Who's Lloyds new source?

I believe CGC since he does tech support for them. He mentioned that he accidentally saw what was in the works, but I’m sure wants to keep his gig so he hasn’t revealed anything.

#661 5 years ago

Care Bears will be announced so soon.
These are exciting times !

#662 5 years ago

seems to be some discrepancy between their definition of “soon” and mine.

#663 5 years ago

Getting a license is hard... (Have a look at the 3D translite thread so you'll notice that there is a larger phenomenon going on with difficulties in acquiring licenses)

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

seems to be some discrepancy between their definition of “soon” and mine.

The communication from CGC has been amazing until now. What the hell do I know, but something doesn't feel right.

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

something doesn't feel right.

I smell a Rat:

#666 5 years ago

Check back in October.

#667 5 years ago

....of 2026

#668 5 years ago

Well if you've been to the toy isle lately you might notice a lot of tmnt and wwe figures are monster themed.

I see a MB pinball in the future.
TMNT-Monsters-and-Mutants-Figures-1 (resized).jpgTMNT-Monsters-and-Mutants-Figures-1 (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

The communication from CGC has been amazing until now.

And the games have been unlicensed themes until now. Maybe the next one is licensed. Would that put you at ease or make you more nervous?
.................David Marston

#670 5 years ago

At this point it's almost like they ran into licensing issues and moved on to another non licensed title till it's resolved. All I know for sure is that the wait is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!

#671 5 years ago

This sucks sold off some pins back in March in anticipation for this new game ! I thought by now I would played this new game and been bored with it already!

#672 5 years ago

When one of the top guys in the company leaves right when the big announcement for #3 was supposed to happen tells me something is up. I dont know if that has anything to do with the delay. I’m definitely looking forward to game 3, hope to find out soon.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

The communication from CGC has been amazing until now. What the hell do I know, but something doesn't feel right.

Very much agree with this.
They were so up front and great with communication in the past.
Now it is like trying to get info on a secret government satellite program.
Then Doug who is one of the best people in pinball leaves for Stern.
My mind is not at ease with CGC anymore.

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Very much agree with this.
They were so up front and great with communication in the past.
Now it is like trying to get info on a secret government satellite program.
Then Doug who is one of the best people in pinball leaves for Stern.
My mind is not at ease with CGC anymore.

Seems like their silence was self inflicted by Pinside. One CGC member updated often until being harassed then the same happened to Lloyd in this same thread. Guess now we just have to imagine and speculate... We want answers but some tend to shoot the messenger.

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Does anyone know how long Planetary Pinball/CGC has the license for? Could they be in jeopardy of having it pulled like Pinball Arcade did?

I have wondered the same think, boy that would be crap and could really upset the industry if they pulled licensing for cab decals and all sorts of things

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I have wondered the same think, boy that would be crap and could really upset the industry if they pulled licensing for cab decals and all sorts of things

supply and demand someone will fill the void certainly on the decals

#677 5 years ago

Lloyd said we would hear something soon on here but that was weeks ago; not sure what the delay is but has been over three months so far; so hope it is worth all this wait time

#678 5 years ago

My guess is a licensing snafu, forcing rework/rebuild on cabinet decals and/or playfields, then needing to restock the supply chain. This delay of many months seems too long for just design or playability tweaks. Maybe coding issues - I suppose those could take time to wring out and test.

Speculation Thread

#679 5 years ago

It all comes down to one thing money and this delay doesn't bode well for CGC. Add to that Doug is either leaving or had left CGC and there's something funky going on at CGC. Maybe investors have bailed on them and gone elsewhere to a company like Deeproot? We might never see another thing from this company!

#680 5 years ago

May well be nothing to do with it, but it isn't THAT unlikely that WMS' parent would consider re-entry to the market, given today's pricing, and at least in Stern's case, a hugely cost cut and presumably very high margin product. Their profit margins have to be a far cry from what they got out of in 1999.

Wouldn't even surprise me if they bought out CGC / Churchill.

Their reason for denying Farsight a license extension (at any cost) has to be to do with wanting the whole pie, and / or controlling their IP much more tightly - which would make sense if they intend to either take control of or make more cash out of the physical stuff.

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

May well be nothing to do with it, but it isn't THAT unlikely that WMS' parent would consider re-entry to the market, given today's pricing, and at least in Stern's case, a hugely cost cut and presumably very high margin product. Their profit margins have to be a far cry from what they got out of in 1999.
Wouldn't even surprise me if they bought out CGC / Churchill.
Their reason for denying Farsight a license extension (at any cost) has to be to do with wanting the whole pie, and / or controlling their IP much more tightly - which would make sense if they intend to either take control of or make more cash out of the physical stuff.

Something is brewing, or rotten in Denmark for sure.
Licensing might be an issue.
The virtural tables are taking a hit at the end of the month and the party is over for PPM. Not even able to sell them anymore. You have till June 30th to buy and download all 77 of there tables.
The 3D translite guys in germany are at a stand still with no communication and permission to finish the 3 they have ready to go. PPS is running out of these now not restocking. Just checked, only MM is no longer for sale, but stock is low.
There has also been a stand still and almost no new product from PPS.
I see a bigger problem with no proof, however the stars are lining up and the future of parts is starting to look grim again.

#682 5 years ago

If the license holder is making a move hopefully it’s all just transitional and availability will open back up. Unless of course they have decided that they hate money.

The Virtual thing is a bit confusing from my perspective. To me thats an income stream but more than that it is advertising for your game/brand. Stern recognized that and so now you can play some titles even while still available to purchase. Maybe they think they can create their own virtual pinball platform?

#683 5 years ago

Something is brewing, or rotten in Denmark for sure.
Licensing might be an issue.
The virtural tables are taking a hit at the end of the month and the party is over for PPM. Not even able to sell them anymore. You have till June 30th to buy and download all 77 of there tables.
The 3D translite guys in germany are at a stand still with no communication and permission to finish the 3 they have ready to go. PPS is running out of these now not restocking. Just checked, only MM is no longer for sale, but stock is low.
I see a bigger problem with no proof, however the stars are lining up and the future of parts is starting to look grim again.

I’ll say that I was not around for the original parts dry spell, but say they are taking back the licenses - so why would WMS / Scientific not allow parts to be produced any longer?

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ll say that I was not around for the original parts dry spell, but say they are taking back the licenses - so why would WMS / Scientific not allow parts to be produced any longer?

Going back into business for themselves?

#685 5 years ago

I respectfully disagree. The future of parts has never been better with fabrication tools at the fingertips of so many. If licensing drys up people will just fix their own issues in some way or another.

Could be a price to play poker type of thing. Perhaps they want too much for licenses now.

Quoted from JodyG:

Going back into business for themselves?

Nah, SG isn’t going to get into Pinball manufacturing.

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I respectfully disagree. The future of parts has never been better with fabrication tools at the fingertips of so many. If licensing drys up people will just fix their own issues in some way or another.

Could be a price to play poker type of thing. Perhaps they want too much for licenses now.

Nah, SG isn’t going to get into Pinball manufacturing.

Agreed, i should clarify.
Anything metal, mechanical and playfield and cabinet parts are healthy, and not going anywhere.
Plastic sets, cabinet decals, translites and anything with licensed images could be in danger.

#687 5 years ago
2cn4ej (resized).jpg2cn4ej (resized).jpg
#688 5 years ago

Plastic sets, cabinet decals, translites and anything with licensed images could be in danger.

Yep, good point and agreed. Some things like plastic sets will go under ground probably.

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I thought the license denial was because they had put it on an additional platform they didn't have a license for without permission, so the whole license was pulled.

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought the license denial was because they had put it on an additional platform they didn't have a license for without permission, so the whole license was pulled.

That was always just speculation. Nobody has confirmed the real reason for any of this.

#691 5 years ago

I can see this getting ugly real quick.

All we have is speculation. So, the universe is our playground at this point.

Maybe they’re setting up a space-station manufacturing facilitie along with the new space force?

#692 5 years ago

I'm sure Chicago Gaming Company (edit) and Planetary Pinball are doing just fine.

They cranked out an amazing remake of AFM. Sold many many MMRs.
The AFMRLE was simply off the hook. Next release has to compete with that.

They are simply being cautious there really is little room for error.
Not sure how many of us know what's going on with all the pinball properties licensing right now.
People trying to protect themselves, assure quality and future of pinball. These remakes are a big deal.

#693 5 years ago

I'm sure Chicago Coin and Planetary Pinball are doing just fine.

Except Chicago Coin went out of business in the 70s, but yeah, beside that, just fine.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Except Chicago Coin went out of business in the 70s, but yeah, beside that, just fine.

Edit - To many things going on today.

#695 5 years ago

Edit - To many things going on today.

Obviously I have nothing going on today.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, good point and agreed. Some things like plastic sets will go under ground probably.

Some already have....

#697 5 years ago

Game 3 will be awsum and worth the wait !

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

maybe it was $ and with the app store cuts the cost was to high? Wanted an emulator without the hooks that they put in? Some fall out from the nucore issues made some legal team think we can't renew the deal as is?

#700 5 years ago

Pinsiders n pinball collectors ?
Whoever holds the rights thats worth a fortune could just sell out and sit in a beach ?

Then remakes etc would be a dream. Quit complaining

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/14?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.