(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 85 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 62.
#501 5 years ago

You guys are funny. What difference does it make when it comes out? Some of you are bored, mad, upset, etc about a game that hasn't been announced yet? When it's ready they will announce it. It doesn't matter when it's announced as they will be competing against a stern, jjp, and Spooky title no matter what so they are not losing money. If they were smart they will wait until they have a bunch in boxes ready to ship. Avoid all of the preorder nonsense with people pissing and moaning waiting for their games. I have never understood why so many of you are in such a rush for something to be announced so that you can rush to send someone your money and then you can wait for months for it to show up.

Let them announce the game when it's ready. Buy one from your local distributor when it's in stock if you want one.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

This is factually incorrect. They did not mass produce a faulty driver board. They shipped a software bug that manifested with a hardware failure when the settings were configured in a non-default way. Nobody ships a software bug on purpose.
OK. That last line isn’t true. I ship lots of software bugs, but nobody ships bugs like the one CGC did knowingly. It happens to the best of us.
Marc

No I'm saying its fine but red flags are raising that maybe theres a mechanical or possible code issue. Because we haven't seen any gameplay or player feedback i dont think ill throw money at it till then. Thats just how i choose to shop. Not protesting to not buy, its just alot of new games coming to market. We need to accept theres other options and hopefully when its released they took the time to work any mechanical issues thats allows us to just plug n play

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You guys are funny. What difference does it make when it comes out?

I'm not a buyer and only following the process with interest. Doesn't make any difference to me when it comes out, I'm just a curious cat.
What I'm finding odd was the last minute pull out of the Texas Pinball Festival. This after a lot of prearranged fanfare to the announcement. And since then we've been experiencing a long delay. Or it seems long as they were supposedly so close at TPF.

#504 5 years ago

mbr, now get back to being a productive member of society!

#505 5 years ago

People are thinking up a conspiracy where there is none... CGC has not said a word and you guys are drawing conclusions that it must be licensing or code or some major defect that is stopping them from announcing the next game.

With game 4, CGC will probably just keep their mouth shut until its on the production line to keep everyone from bitching about not being able to send their money in for a preorder...

FFS people!!

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

CGC has not said a word and you guys are drawing conclusions that it must be licensing or code or some major defect that is stopping them from announcing the next game.

This is what happens every time when the manufacturer is silent, nothing abnormal here. It's up to CGC if they want to speak up or stay silent, and people on Pinside like to discuss, speculate, rumor, etc. if there are no hard facts to discuss.

These delays may be due to CGC licensing JJPs 3 spinning disc mech and their trials and tribulations with it. They could also be due to issues with playfield silkscreen colors. Or they have the same cabinet source as Stern and they are splitting like crazy. Or most likely, none of the above.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This is what happens every time when the manufacturer is silent, nothing abnormal here

This is what happens on PINSIDE - and why it gets such a bad rap in different circles. Hyperbole, exaggeration, leaping before you look... anything to move quick instead of smart.

Reality is no matter what info CGC gave out, if CGC couldn't answer EVERY question AT THAT TIME, pinside would come up with something to be upset about.

If they showed a game, but didn't show a price... people would freak. If they showed a game, but not answer every feature/part matrix question... people would nag on about 'how come they can't tell us...', 'when will they start shipping', etc etc etc.

CGC is taking the approach of 'no partial info, only full info' combined with backing the launch with real shipments.

Eager customers are often their own worst enemies.

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

No I'm saying its fine but red flags are raising that maybe theres a mechanical or possible code issue. Because we haven't seen any gameplay or player feedback i dont think ill throw money at it till then. Thats just how i choose to shop. Not protesting to not buy, its just alot of new games coming to market. We need to accept theres other options and hopefully when its released they took the time to work any mechanical issues thats allows us to just plug n play

Totally agree with you. Nobody has to jump to be first in line. And they did a good job with warranty support. If you blew a board, you got a new one. While it sucked that it happens, at least it was resolved.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is it just me or is this delay getting weird?

No. Not when you think about it. And consider what other manufacturers are going through with delays after their announcements.

LTG : )

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Totally agree with you. Nobody has to jump to be first in line. And they did a good job with warranty support. If you blew a board, you got a new one. While it sucked that it happens, at least it was resolved.

Sadly the market is getting in a strange place due to the recent boom. Everyone wants it and wants it now. Games are about production speed and alot of these companies are newer and still refining the process. Im all about test and tune. I like when games have time at shows and see massive plays and abuse before production. Hope if it is MBR, they do something fresh and add a few layers to it and really do something special like they did with AFMLE

#511 5 years ago

I'm lucky to have a fun collection already. I bought the MMr and AFMr and they are wonderful. What I have always wanted and held off on buying used is my grail game, Monster Bash. With the promise it is to be remade and just around the corner, I had money in hand.
Now with the endless delays, I had enough. I put that money into other areas and couldn't buy a new LE MB remake at this time.
Not to say I wont at some point, but I am one sale that is "sacrificed".

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

I'm lucky to have a fun collection already. I bought the MMr and AFMr and they are wonderful. What I have always wanted and held off on buying used is my grail game, Monster Bash. With the promise it is to be remade and just around the corner, I had money in hand.
Now with the endless delays, I had enough. I put that money into other areas and couldn't buy a new LE MB remake at this time.

All do respect that is YOUR time table and not CGC's. I think MB will be great when it gets here - I am going to wait it out.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is what happens on PINSIDE - and why it gets such a bad rap in different circles. Hyperbole, exaggeration, leaping before you look... anything to move quick instead of smart.
Reality is no matter what info CGC gave out, if CGC couldn't answer EVERY question AT THAT TIME, pinside would come up with something to be upset about.
If they showed a game, but didn't show a price... people would freak. If they showed a game, but not answer every feature/part matrix question... people would nag on about 'how come they can't tell us...', 'when will they start shipping', etc etc etc.
CGC is taking the approach of 'no partial info, only full info' combined with backing the launch with real shipments.
Eager customers are often their own worst enemies.

^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^ articulates so well what is happening here.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Not when you think about it. And consider what other manufacturers are going through with delays after their announcements.

If they're like other manufactures they should be promising, "Two Weeks".

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Maybe BBBR is just taking a little longer

Yes it was a typo.

Actually its BBBBr

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I didn’t get the impression it had anything to do with licensing, but more likely mechanisms and/or code.

LTG has said previously that the delay is not due to licensing.

Robert

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

So a few months caused you to lose interest in something that you claim is you grail? Seems pretty silly that we are only 2 months removed from TPF were they hoped to announce the game and it's looking like possibly a July announcement and you are already moved onto something else. You waited years but wouldn't wait 4 more months?

#518 5 years ago

Quote-about-Decision (resized).jpgQuote-about-Decision (resized).jpg

#519 5 years ago

It’s CCr Continued - the software re-write is taking longer than originally thought.

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s CCr Continued - the software re-write is taking longer than originally thought.

BBBBr

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

All do respect that is YOUR time table and not CGC's. I think MB will be great when it gets here - I am going to wait it out.

I feel you may have misinterpreted me. I give 2 thumbs up to the projects CGC has done so far (I own their Arcade Legends, AFM and MM.) Their customer reachout and support has been great for me.
I am looking forward to their Monster Bash remake. I feel it should be announced and released only when it is a viable product; Good things come to those who wait.

That said....$9,000 sitting in the bank....waiting for any news or a release date gets a bit difficult after awhile.

Sign me up for a Monster Bash, or Big Bang Bar next. If it's Punchy the Clown, I know Lloyd was involved in the shenanigans.

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So a few months caused you to lose interest in something that you claim is you grail?

Quoted from Flowst:

That said....$9,000 sitting in the bank....waiting for any news or a release date gets a bit difficult after awhile.

5C60FC92-FDEE-4414-9249-4608278A69F9 (resized).jpeg5C60FC92-FDEE-4414-9249-4608278A69F9 (resized).jpeg
#523 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So a few months caused you to lose interest in something that you claim is you grail? Seems pretty silly that we are only 2 months removed from TPF were they hoped to announce the game and it's looking like possibly a July announcement and you are already moved onto something else. You waited years but wouldn't wait 4 more months?

Grammar notwithstanding, I can't quite follow the timeline in your response.
However, if you are able to let $8-9,000 sit in your bank with no finish line visibly in sight, well sir, I am envious of you

Rather than derail this thread with loose cannon fire, allow me one last chance to convey my opinion?

Cars need repair, houses need maintenance and updating, landscaping projects welcome spring, and so on.

I love the work CGC has done so far, and I am optimistic for their next remake. I will own a Monster Bash remake in the future.

Simply put, money set aside for this remake can't keep waiting while life calls.

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yup!

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Simply put, money set aside for this remake can't keep waiting while life calls.

I understand your point but if this is the case didn’t they (in theory) do you a favor by allowing you to use the $9k on other things? Then you can come back and make your purchase after some of the games bugs are worked out or even buy a resale for cheaper.

I see people selling nearly NIB games on here all the time because some home repair or whatever came up (which makes me wonder why they spent $5-10k on a pin just a few months prior if that was their entire savings account... but that’s a separate question for them I guess...)

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

At this point its starting to give me vibes that it might be a game with issues and could be risk. I love my AFMR but with plenty of options im not going to sit around idle and start selling games to buy this. If they added something it maybe unreliable or they are having some sort of quality issue. Ill continue to monitor but im not going to be first in line to buy. Considering they mass produced a game with a bad driver board that the consumer had to address and really didnt seek out the owners to get. The made it a hassle to go through a dealer to get a chip

We got the chip directly from CGC because Gameroom Guys were dicks about it since we were the second owner and they were too dim to grasp that a manufacturing error that could literally break the machine should be covered for all machines in the field. They're also the jokers that sent me a cleaning sheet for a bill acceptor instead of the wiring harness I ordered. Morons, clearly, IMO

So +1 for Doug and CGC on taking care of us on that front. Credit where credit is due.

#527 5 years ago

I am excited to see what they put out. Very happy with their current products and they have responded to “perfectionists” wanting the highest levels of art and engineering. If they put out a full blown, extremely modded out, plated out MB pinball we will find anway to support it I think.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I am excited to see what they put out. Very happy with their current products and they have responded to “perfectionists” wanting the highest levels of art and engineering. If they put out a full blown, extremely modded out, plated out MB pinball we will find anway to support it I think.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought many pinsiders like being the ones to add $3,000 of mods to their games?

But yes I agree all the people claiming they have spent their money or moved on will order the MBr within 60 days of it being available for sale.

#529 5 years ago

At this point, it'd be awesome if it was Monster Bash, but with a triple spinning disc in the center of the playfield.

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

At this point, it'd be awesome if it was Monster Bash, but with a triple spinning disc in the center of the playfield.

BBBBr

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We got the chip directly from CGC because Gameroom Guys were dicks about it since we were the second owner and they were too dim to grasp that a manufacturing error that could literally break the machine should be covered for all machines in the field. They're also the jokers that sent me a cleaning sheet for a bill acceptor instead of the wiring harness I ordered. Morons, clearly, IMO
So +1 for Doug and CGC on taking care of us on that front. Credit where credit is due.

Man I had a great experience with GMG. They even fixed my Tron shaker motor problems even though I didn't buy the Tron from them. Oh well.. guess everyone has a different experience anywhere. glad your things are fixed
Mo

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm not a buyer and only following the process with interest. Doesn't make any difference to me when it comes out, I'm just a curious cat.
What I'm finding odd was the last minute pull out of the Texas Pinball Festival. This after a lot of prearranged fanfare to the announcement. And since then we've been experiencing a long delay. Or it seems long as they were supposedly so close at TPF.

I think they are going to announce multiple games. Just IMHO.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

BBBBr
PTCr
Tobor (the 8th Man)
SOTS (Song of the South)

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Why would they want to compete with themselves?

#535 5 years ago

I like the idea of having the game announced and ready to purchase

#536 5 years ago

Anybody looking to get onto the LE train late and wants to buy matching serial numbers? I’ll sell my AFMr LE (green) and MMr LE (gold) and the rights to the following matching serial numbers. All Huo and in great shape. Just want what they’re worth. I don’t necessarily want to put an ad up, as I’m just testing the waters, but I’ll donate to pinside appropriately.

#537 5 years ago

What if the next one is not a remake at all ? Maybe an original or another license ? As it takes so long, it makes me wonder...

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I like the idea of having the game announced and ready to purchase

True but I just hate that they said they would make an announcement then pulled it. Months ago, I went ahead and sold off a nice pin anticipating "the announcement" and then heard nothing. Now I am stuck for months without a pin and still waiting, waiting, and waiting. First world problems right? I have been tempted to just fill the space with an Iron Maiden but I keep hearing rumors of the announcement will happen soon and then again, still nothing. They even said they would announce it in the next few weeks after the Texas Pin Festival but still nothing has been said. Crud.

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anybody looking to get onto the LE train late and wants to buy matching serial numbers? I’ll sell my AFMr LE (green) and MMr LE (gold) and the rights to the following matching serial numbers. All Huo and in great shape. Just want what they’re worth. I don’t necessarily want to put an ad up, as I’m just testing the waters, but I’ll donate to pinside appropriately.

I'm not sure that you have the rights to 'transfer' numbers to a new buyer. Have you confirmed that with CGC?

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I'm not sure that you have the rights to 'transfer' numbers to a new buyer. Have you confirmed that with CGC?

I haven’t but I’m sure I could at least buy it under my name. I’m sure they would work something out if I released my le number to a person who owns both the le games. I’m just thinking I’m probaboy not going to buy game #3 (just not in the market for another pin) and hate to break up the le number streak. I just figured someone would value that more than me.

1 week later
#541 5 years ago

Game 3 will be Shipping in July... deposits should be starting by the 18th/19th. This is just my educated guess with a little help...

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Game 3 will be Shipping in July... deposits should be starting by the 18th/19th. This is just my educated guess with a little help...

Wow their sales process really is breaking the mold. No pre-sales and no deposits and now they are going to ship the game before even announcing it.

#543 5 years ago

Yes it's the new model - you pay and then you find out what your pin is upon delivery! Imagine the excitement!

#544 5 years ago

Genius! It’s quite literally like Christmas! I just hope it’s not a giant box of socks.

#545 5 years ago

It's crazy that it's now been 89 days since we first learned of the delay!

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It's crazy that it's now been 89 days since we first learned of the delay!

I was just thinking the same thing... before the post a few above, talking about shipping in July and sounding like insider information, I was starting to think you should rename the thread “CGC Game #3 Cancelled All Together”

#547 5 years ago

Something fishy is going on

#548 5 years ago

I doubt we will see the 3rd game until expo

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I doubt we will see the 3rd game until expo

Wrong.

#550 5 years ago

I still hope they'll announce and showcase it at NWPAS this coming weekend

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 3,078 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-game-3-delayed/page/11?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.