(Topic ID: 211689)

CGC Game #3 is Monster Bash! Official Pics are HERE!!!

By Only_Pinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,078 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 169 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg
AE1E02DE-F019-4B2A-87AD-AD8FC28AD902 (resized).jpeg
9A3C7536-93DD-44D2-A1CA-EAE390A5831F (resized).jpeg
DA209719-F7FE-4FCB-94A9-CFD17B0F6CDD (resized).jpeg
tesla (resized).jpg
Tuco (resized).jpg
20181111_001859 (resized).jpg
20181111_002030 (resized).jpg
20181111_001853 (resized).jpg
AFM LE topper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3078 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 62.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

BBBrr ain't gonna happen

And why's that?

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

BBBrr ain't gonna happen

Oh.....but it is.

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Oh.....but it is.

Rick said it was a title they plan to release.

#454 1 year ago

I went to the Ann Arbor show with the main reason to get a lotta games on BBB to see if it is one I wanted to get. Deal me in....game is a lotta fun and not widely available. Can't wait for this one to be done.

#455 1 year ago

Is the code considered complete on BBB?

#456 1 year ago

Any guesses on the MBr, err I mean #3, pricing?

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Any guesses on the MBr, err I mean #3, pricing?

No intelligent guesses, but I suspect not much of a difference than AFMr.

#458 1 year ago

Id be confident in saying MB will be more expensive than Afm there is a lot more on the playfield and under
Id be amazed if it was priced the same

#459 1 year ago

Anyone want to speculate the three tier prices this will be for Monster Bash?

My guess would be similar to MMR:

8k Standard
9k Premium
10k LE (with animated topper)

#460 1 year ago

CGC title #3 will be officially revealed at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show... where you can also win the game in the $20 raffle! In it's 11th year, the Northwest Show is one of the biggest in the Northwest, with over 400 games on freeplay, the largest women's pinball tournament in the world (featuring a grand prize of a NIB Hobbit pin, courtesy of our sponsor Nitro Pinball), vendors, top speakers from the industry and much more!

Raffle prizes 2018 (resized).jpg

#461 1 year ago

Alright! Less than a month to go until June 8th

#462 1 year ago

Long ass wait this has been..........better be substantial updates.

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Anyone want to speculate the three tier prices this will be for Monster Bash?
My guess would be similar to MMR:
8k Standard
9k Premium
10k LE (with animated topper)

I think both versions of MMr were $8000. I would guess pricing will be close to AFMr. I think a lot of them were sold, but it was nowhere near an instant sellout like the MMr LE. Unless they add a lot of extras over what was in AFMr, I can't really see a big price increase, or really an increase at all.

#464 1 year ago

Just got a MMr built the end of March. Serial is in the 1800s. So I guess with the thousand LEs they are adding about 2800 MMs to the 2800 or so that exist? I would have thought they would have sold more.

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Just got a MMr built the end of March. Serial is in the 1800s. So I guess with the thousand LEs they are adding about 2800 MMs to the 2800 or so that exist? I would have thought they would have sold more.

Isn't 2800 of anything huge numbers in todays pinball market?

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Isn't 2800 of anything huge numbers in todays pinball market?

It seems that way to me. Those are numbers many second-tier 90s games sold.

Not sure what people expect out of pinball these days but I know one thing - those expectations are likely to be crazy!

#467 1 year ago

Agreed, 2800 is a runaway success, at these prices my god how many do you expect them to sell

#468 1 year ago

Given they only made 4000 of the original, 2800 of the remake is a huge success.

#469 1 year ago

It seems they probably saved a lot in R&D costs. Also, aren't both titles still in production? I thought the plan was they'd be making them and selling them for years... so those sales numbers will go up.

#470 1 year ago

That is not right the standards started with 1001, so total count is about 1800. I have one of the first standard editions, I was promised a Le and didn't get one because no one returned any of the preorders. Mine is number 1292

#471 1 year ago

Correct. Standards started at 1001.

No way mbr is more than afmr or mmr, I bet it’s bang on same prices.

#472 1 year ago

And now it looks like game #3 will be delayed even longer and we won't be announcing it June 8th at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show or giving one away. Not the news we wanted to hear. Now to decide what other new game to raffle off...

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

And now it looks like game #3 will be delayed even longer and we won't be announcing it June 8th at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show or giving one away. Not the news we wanted to hear. Now to decide what other new game to raffle off...

Sucks. They must be be updating the game code, right?

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Sucks. They must be be updating the game code, right?

All I know is they aren't quite finished with it and when they are, it goes to Williams for approval, which can take an additional month. So it's now pushed back too far to happen at the Northwest Show. I think realistically that means an announcement late Summer.

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

And now it looks like game #3 will be delayed even longer and we won't be announcing it

Ah, but you already did announce it. Once it's on the internet, you can't take it down.

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

A few pinsiders are selling IRNMDN LE NIB for reasonable prices, maybe you could snag one of those up to raffle off?

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

A few pinsiders are selling IRMDN LE NIB for reasonable prices, maybe you could snag one of those up?

Our grand prize pins need to be more family friendly. I'm a huge Maiden fan and would love for that to be the one, but something like Houdini would probably be a better option if we can get one.

#478 1 year ago

ridiculous.....

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

They must be be updating the game code, right?

Maybe they'll announce when they are coming down the assembly line ?

LTG : )

#480 1 year ago

at this rate it'll be Expo before these are out.

#481 1 year ago

Well, there is something to be said for waiting until the game is actually done and starting to being produced. While we pinheads are impatient about the announcements, we are even more impatient about waiting to own an awesome new game after it's been announced

#482 1 year ago

I bet half the people crying for it now won't even buy it.

#483 1 year ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

They must be be updating the game code, right?

Well if this is the case, maybe they don't want to have to send out a thousand or so new chips with updated code...so they wait.

When I had an AFMr, they had to send out new chips to put in games which is both costly and fraught with questions and issues with people who don't know how to change out the chip.

It does seem like a long hold up though since TPF, almost 2 months, for an coding issue to be addressed. Sounds like tweaking the code (if this is the issue) broke the code somewhere else, so the original plan had to be rethought out.

Anyway, it's all speculation and in a few weeks or so we will probably know a bit more about the real story.

Robert

#484 1 year ago

Damn that’s too bad but I don’t mind waiting for an issue free product.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

All I know is they aren't quite finished with it and when they are, it goes to Williams for approval, which can take an additional month.

You mean Scientific Games. There is no Williams anymore.

#486 1 year ago

Maybe BBBR is just taking a little longer

#487 1 year ago

The williams remake is a decoy
Its BBBR !!!

LE is 10K

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Given they only made 4000 of the original, 2800 of the remake is a huge success.

That run size for the original was less an issue of demand than they thought Cirqus Voltaire would be the big hit (it wasn't) and they actually cut MM manufacture artificially short.

#489 1 year ago

Perhaps Shaq is too busy with his studio duties during the NBA playoffs to give the green light on Shaq Attack Remake?

#490 1 year ago

CGC is loosing a lot of $$$$$ right now. So much money being spent on great game coming out. Hope they can put this together soon and get #3 out the door .

#491 1 year ago

Is it just me or is this delay getting weird?

#492 1 year ago

Im at the point where it has dragged out so long that I just don't care.

#493 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

agreed.

My guess is just that they are having some licensing issues. I am assuming this is MBr and hence a bit more complicated than the previous non-licensed remakes.

It could also be that they are trying to work out all the kinks on the new displays they are using or the new topper for MBr? It seems their model is all about the big add-ons to make the remakes shine in a different way than the originals to drive sales. I assume they want to really make that bling pop upon official announcement and release?

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed.
My guess is just that they are having some licensing issues. I am assuming this is MBr and hence a bit more complicated than the previous non-licensed remakes.
It could also be that they are trying to work out all the kinks on the new displays they are using or the new topper for MBr? It seems their model is all about the big add-ons to make the remakes shine in a different way than the originals to drive sales. I assume they want to really make that bling pop upon official announcement and release?

Someone has posted several times that it’s related to the mechs, but yes it is getting a bit weird. Did anyone else feel the post from Doug was a bit... aggressive ? I’m sure he is frustrated. I don’t get how the NWPinball announcement happened without CGC’s blessing. Very weird.

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In light of Farsight losing the digital license, and according to them no option for renewal from WMS, I wonder if it's licensing problems.

If it's true that they had no option to renew at any cost, that may suggest WMS are looking for a major publisher / developer to take it on, or they wish to in-house it ... either way, exploit / profit from the IP far more.

Weren't there rumours a while ago that PPS would have to renegotiate the rights for physical stuff either already or very soon? Even if not, if WMS or their parent have decided they want more of the pie from increasingly valuable IP, I would imagine that might be an issue.

#496 1 year ago

I’m a huge fan of CGC because they make awesome high-quality games, but I’m also beginning to lose a little interest. That is probably a good thing though since I really don’t need another machine haha. Love my AFMr and MMr and will be very content to stop there with a simple 2-game collection and save money and space. I’m sure CGC will make a brilliant game though, and are taking the time to do it right.

When I spoke to Doug at TPF he said the delay was because they wanted to add more features to the game. I didn’t get the impression it had anything to do with licensing, but more likely mechanisms and/or code.

#497 1 year ago

At this point its starting to give me vibes that it might be a game with issues and could be risk. I love my AFMR but with plenty of options im not going to sit around idle and start selling games to buy this. If they added something it maybe unreliable or they are having some sort of quality issue. Ill continue to monitor but im not going to be first in line to buy. Considering they mass produced a game with a bad driver board that the consumer had to address and really didnt seek out the owners to get. The made it a hassle to go through a dealer to get a chip

#498 1 year ago

Is everyone going to be disappointed when its not Monster Bash?

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is everyone going to be disappointed when its not Monster Bash?

I kinda will, and I already own one! I would feel awful if CGC has put all this work into the game only to not be able to release it. Everybody loves their MMr and AFMr, this would only knock it out the park once again

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

At this point its starting to give me vibes that it might be a game with issues and could be risk. I love my AFMR but with plenty of options im not going to sit around idle and start selling games to buy this. If they added something it maybe unreliable or they are having some sort of quality issue. Ill continue to monitor but im not going to be first in line to buy. Considering they mass produced a game with a bad driver board that the consumer had to address and really didnt seek out the owners to get. The made it a hassle to go through a dealer to get a chip

This is factually incorrect. They did not mass produce a faulty driver board. They shipped a software bug that manifested with a hardware failure when the settings were configured in a non-default way. Nobody ships a software bug on purpose.

OK. That last line isn’t true. I ship lots of software bugs, but nobody ships bugs like the one CGC did knowingly. It happens to the best of us.

Marc

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 9.95
There are 3078 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 62.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside