(Topic ID: 308137)

CGC - First original game - Hype thread

By Richard-NBA-SF2

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17069159910467053108454594395246 (resized).jpg
    coffee-pulp-fiction-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1091 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I don't think there is a thread specific to this topic.

I wonder what the first CGC original (ie: not a remake) pin theme will be?
    Who will be involved in the design/code etc?

I wonder if they will use the XL display in the original game instead of a lcd? I personal love the XL dmd style display and would love to see it used in their original designs.

Cheers!
    Richard

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Rumor has it that it will be Pulp Fiction designed by Mark Richie

One of my favourite movies. Big Quentin Tarantino fan.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Wouldn’t an original game be original and not a movie, music, or any other license?

Yes, sorry, by original I meant not a remake of the classics.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I would like to see them do a Futurama!

Haha, would not be my first choice! But it would be cool! I used to watch that a lot back in the day.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from explosiveegg:

Does Vacation America mean nothing to you?

Haha, I forgot about that!

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I hope the title will be something purely new, not any movie/music band/book license, so tired of those by now.

That would be cool! But not sure how likely.
    Either way the game should be great!

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

I would love a Futurama game, but after seeing what Spooky did with R&M I think I’d want them to do it; the theme is a perfect “fit” for their approach.

Definitely! I modded my Mustang with some surf and garage tracks (Bustin’ Surfboards happens to be one of them), and they work very well with pinball.
    Unfortunately, individually licensing the songs from the soundtrack could be a difficult and expensive process, but let’s hope for the best!

The surf music would be great!

3 months later
    #26 1 year ago

I heard that it will be Pulp Fiction, and will have a single level playfield which is what Tarrantino has requested.

Sounds cool!
    Looking forward to seeing it.

Will have a old school feel for sure.

Richard

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I heard it would be PTC with three levels of playfield. Similar to Haunted House but narrow body.
    LTG : )

Haha, maybe!

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I spoke to Steve Ritchie, Mark (his brother) is working on a new pinball machine but it is not for Chicago Gaming. I can say much more without giving up too many details.

Ohh!

1 month later
    #47 1 year ago

So if the first original pin from CGC is Pulp Fiction with a single level playfield, I think that would be very cool.

I don’t buy based theme, but I love everything Quentin Tarantino does.

I often eye buying some old school pins like EBD, but this may fit the bill perfectly if the rumours are true.

Richard

2 months later
    #49 1 year ago

I wonder how Pulp Fiction will be priced if it is a single level playfield?
    CCr was priced very very fair, if it is a ‘old school’ style pin with minimal toys and single level, maybe they will surprise us with a $7000 pin?

1 year later
    #52 80 days ago

So…. Pulp Fiction is Play Mechanix game I would say.

I wonder if CGC is working on their first independent game, made and designed by their team or contracted team members. I assume they are, along with a TZr.

Was it rumoured (or fact) that Ben Heck was working on a game with them?

Maybe a Beetlejuice? Goonies? I thought I read that before. Maybe I’m wrong on that.

I hope it is a 90s Bally/Williams throwback game with lots of mechs and art in the style of that era.

Richard

#55 80 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

I hear if they ever try to build a complete game from scratch, they will outsource it to a company that can actually build a game .

lol, only upvoting that because your my friend.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-first-original-game-hype-thread?tu=Richard-NBA-SF2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.