(Topic ID: 308137)

CGC - First original game - Hype thread

By Richard-NBA-SF2

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17069159910467053108454594395246 (resized).jpg
    coffee-pulp-fiction-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1091 (resized).jpg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I don't think there is a thread specific to this topic.

I wonder what the first CGC original (ie: not a remake) pin theme will be?
    Who will be involved in the design/code etc?

I wonder if they will use the XL display in the original game instead of a lcd? I personal love the XL dmd style display and would love to see it used in their original designs.

Cheers!
    Richard

#2 2 years ago

Rumor has it that it will be Pulp Fiction designed by Mark Richie

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I personal love the XL dmd style display and would love to see it used in their original designs.

Agree 100%

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

One of my favourite movies. Big Quentin Tarantino fan.

#5 2 years ago

Wouldn’t an original game be original and not a movie, music, or any other license?

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Wouldn’t an original game be original and not a movie, music, or any other license?

in this case we are talking about CGC making a non-remake

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Perhaps, but I think the OP means original game designed by CGC.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes, sorry, by original I meant not a remake of the classics.

#9 2 years ago

I would like to see them do a Futurama!

#10 2 years ago

Haha, would not be my first choice! But it would be cool! I used to watch that a lot back in the day.

#11 2 years ago

There's another Mark Ritchie pin I'd rather see first.

#12 2 years ago

I look forward to playing this game in 2028

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

That year, but In a parallell universe.CGC aren't that fast.

#14 2 years ago

I’ll be dead by the time these are rolling out. My great great grand kids can play em.

#15 2 years ago

I sooo hope it’s Pulp Fiction
    Dream theme for me, wouldn’t care how crap the game is to be honest

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

I sooo hope it’s Pulp Fiction
    Dream theme for me, wouldn’t care how crap the game is to be honest

Same. Hope they get a good chunk of the original soundtrack though and all the callouts though.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Same. Hope they get a good chunk of the original soundtrack though and all the callouts though.

All the surf music would be Brilliant. Particularly Bustin Surfboards and Surf Rider

#18 2 years ago

I hope the title will be something purely new, not any movie/music band/book license, so tired of those by now.

#19 2 years ago

Yes, sorry, by original I meant not a remake of the classics.

Does Vacation America mean nothing to you?

#20 2 years ago

How bout a vacation America remake? Best
    Of both

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from explosiveegg:

Does Vacation America mean nothing to you?

Haha, I forgot about that!

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I hope the title will be something purely new, not any movie/music band/book license, so tired of those by now.

That would be cool! But not sure how likely.
    Either way the game should be great!

#23 2 years ago

I would love a Futurama game, but after seeing what Spooky did with R&M I think I’d want them to do it; the theme is a perfect “fit” for their approach.

Quoted from allsportdvd:

All the surf music would be Brilliant. Particularly Bustin Surfboards and Surf Rider

Definitely! I modded my Mustang with some surf and garage tracks (Bustin’ Surfboards happens to be one of them), and they work very well with pinball.

Unfortunately, individually licensing the songs from the soundtrack could be a difficult and expensive process, but let’s hope for the best!

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

I would love a Futurama game, but after seeing what Spooky did with R&M I think I’d want them to do it; the theme is a perfect “fit” for their approach.

Definitely! I modded my Mustang with some surf and garage tracks (Bustin’ Surfboards happens to be one of them), and they work very well with pinball.
    Unfortunately, individually licensing the songs from the soundtrack could be a difficult and expensive process, but let’s hope for the best!

The surf music would be great!

#25 2 years ago

Know it will never happen but would want either an Edgar Rice Burroughs “A Princess of Mars” theme ( not the movie John Carter) with original art including lots of Dejah Thoris, or the best cartoon for boys of all time: Jonny Quest!
    Sorry Pulp Fiction, no.

3 months later
    #26 1 year ago

I heard that it will be Pulp Fiction, and will have a single level playfield which is what Tarrantino has requested.

Sounds cool!
    Looking forward to seeing it.

Will have a old school feel for sure.

Richard

#27 1 year ago

I heard that it will be Pulp Fiction, and will have a single level playfield

I heard it would be PTC with three levels of playfield. Similar to Haunted House but narrow body.

LTG : )

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I heard it would be PTC with three levels of playfield. Similar to Haunted House but narrow body.

Haha, maybe!

#29 1 year ago

I heard that it will be Pulp Fiction, and will have a single level playfield which is what Tarrantino has requested.
    Sounds cool!
    Looking forward to seeing it.
    Will have a old school feel for sure.
    Richard

I can see it now....Pulp Fiction LE .....$1000 deposit....shipping in June 2025 ....

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

#31 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction could be a cool machine.

#32 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction? Bleh……. Army of Darkness/Evil Dead!!!

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

I played R&M several times and it was ok. It didn't knock my socks off. I was actually a little let down with the play field, it seemed minimalist. The tie-in's to the episodes on the LCD screen were good but limited. I feel like they could have done much better with the material they had to work with. Still, I'd like to own one for a little while because I want to love it but I just haven't been able to.

Futurama has a TON of material to work with and needs to be done right. Chicgao gaming can do quality builds but I don't know if Futurama would be a good first attempt at a first design. As consumers, we usually only get one shot, there are only a handful of games that get re-done, POTC, TMNT and JP are the only three that come to mind.

Take the design team from JJP and the build team of Chicago gaming....now that's dangerous.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from jjga:

Pulp Fiction could be a cool machine.

It could be but Kill Bill would be so much better. Pulp Fiction is a great move but between the heroin use, gimps and gay rape, constant mother f'in, there's just not too much fun pinball stuff. Kill Bill however, while still having lots of adult subject matter, has way more room for great pinball modes, with a final five finger death punch mode and an overall groovier sound track. Id be down with Evil Dead too, but would hope it includes Ash vs. Evil Dead which outdid the films imo. Such a fun show. Dont be so greedy Bruce, and gimme some sugar baby.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

there's just not too much fun pinball stuff.

Get the gimp multi ball. I just shot Marvin in the face tilt. Lock a ball- does that look like dead pinball storage ? ( had to edit the original ). I'm going to get medieval on your hind parts mode. What's in this ? ( Sprite ) Zed's Dead for game over. Joe's sympathetic to our needs for extra ball.

Lots of great material in that movie. Just have to bend some of the quotes a little.

Or have two versions - family friendly and a version that gets pinball damned to heck in the news media.

#36 1 year ago

What can I say, I have small kids. I wouldn't put a pulp fiction pin in the house, but think there is enough kill bill material that could meet a pg13 rating. I would love to play a crazy 88 multiball! Kill the GI to escape buried alive, earn a hanzo sword, battle each assasin, train with Pai Mei and more!

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I have small kids

Quoted from Pinstein:

Kill the GI to escape buried alive, earn a hanzo sword, battle each assasin,

Your small kids are okay with that ?

I understand if you are a bigger Kill Bill fan than Pulp Fiction for yourself.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I have small kids.

7 die in Pulp Fiction, 62 die in Kill Bill.

#39 1 year ago

If only they would make a BMF Edt

IMG_1091 (resized).jpgIMG_1091 (resized).jpg
    #40 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

7 die in Pulp Fiction, 62 die in Kill Bill.

Yeah, I get it. Death is a mature theme that is even present in disney movies. Heroin use, overdose, gimps, gay rape ect. are not. My boy is 6 and we have watched the 5 Deadly Venoms and others. Im not trying to act pious. I loved pulp fiction and had never seen anything quite like it when it came out, but even with 62 deaths I find Kill Bill a less gritty film and absolutely a better pinball property. If I wanted Travolta in a pinball I would go with Grease! "I got chills! They're multi-ballin!"

#41 1 year ago

I want Samuel L Jackson to provide the callouts/guide me through the game
    Then the theme could be pretty much any Tarantino movie

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I can see it now....Pulp Fiction LE .....$1000 deposit....shipping in June 2025 ....

But wait there is more .... after dropping your deposit and waiting a year ... someone will walk in off the street and just buy in stock .

#43 1 year ago

I spoke to Steve Ritchie, Mark (his brother) is working on a new pinball machine but it is not for Chicago Gaming. I can say much more without giving up too many details.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I spoke to Steve Ritchie, Mark (his brother) is working on a new pinball machine but it is not for Chicago Gaming. I can say much more without giving up too many details.

Ohh!

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

But wait there is more .... after dropping your deposit and waiting a year ... someone will walk in off the street and just buy in stock .

So true. I am waiting 6 months for a game that I have a deposit on and other distributors now have it in-stock.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

yea thats been going on for years. The reality is your usually better off not putting down a deposits and just waiting a year and pick up one thats already in stock. My guess is there will both SE's and LE's at some point, but one never knows in this crazy market. CGC makes great games, but they have always been terrible and getting games out the door in a timely manner.

1 month later
    #47 1 year ago

So if the first original pin from CGC is Pulp Fiction with a single level playfield, I think that would be very cool.

I don’t buy based theme, but I love everything Quentin Tarantino does.

I often eye buying some old school pins like EBD, but this may fit the bill perfectly if the rumours are true.

Richard

#48 1 year ago

So if the first original pin from CGC

How long after it's built, will they be waiting for the sticker to ship it to you?

2 months later
    #49 1 year ago

I wonder how Pulp Fiction will be priced if it is a single level playfield?
    CCr was priced very very fair, if it is a ‘old school’ style pin with minimal toys and single level, maybe they will surprise us with a $7000 pin?

#50 1 year ago

lol. stern pros are going to be >7k starting next week. You are dreaming.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-first-original-game-hype-thread?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.