New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 274073)

CGC classics of the 80’s

By PW79

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200730-181935 (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 89 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Since I already found a nice Radical!, there is no way in hell they should remake that 1990 gem even if they only made a little over 1300 units and the price for a good one is steadily on the rise.
    The way I see it, what collectors of the pinside top 20 list don't know, won't hurt them.
    And IMO, this is a top System 11 game. For me, the top.

Yeah, Radical is pretty good .

#52 89 days ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Fathom & Centuar would be so tit
    CGC, make it so

Centaur actually has some pretty complex mechanics underneath to spot drop targets and auto launch the ball. I'm not sure it would be any simpler than a modern pin to remake.

#53 89 days ago

To be honest ,I’d prefer to find a classic with good bones and make it nice myself rather than pay a bunch for a remake .

#54 89 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

...a considerably simpler pin like Fathom could be made at the same price point...

I did a playfield swap on a Fathom once, plus took apart those drop mechs. It took some time, but I wouldn't call it simple.

Quoted from EvanDickson:

Centaur actually has some pretty complex mechanics underneath to spot drop targets and auto launch the ball. I'm not sure it would be any simpler than a modern pin to remake.

Definitely not. But it's such an old and simple pin so that equals cheap? Right?

Quoted from trilogybeer:

To be honest ,I’d prefer to find a classic with good bones and make it nice myself rather than pay a bunch for a remake .

Bingo. This is the way to go. You can still find decent deals for projects for pins like Centaur if you do enough searching and have patience.

I get there are people who just wanna play, but at some point, your pin will need to be maintained. I feel like sometimes there is an assumption that if these CGC remakes are so reliable, then it's also assumed that a remake of an old and simple machine will be totally bulletproof...and most reliable with the highest quality parts ...but still cheap!

#55 89 days ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Not me

#56 89 days ago

Same here. And I can do a complete restore on games from painting to board work. Would just rather buy new and play.

#57 89 days ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

You could replicate the same multiball functionality with a standard modern trough and auto launcher. Sure, you lose the cool flap, but the result is the same, with off-the-shelf parts.

It’s not a $5k game either way, I’m just saying that’s one huge mech you don’t have to re-engineer.

#58 85 days ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

So....how much for a new Haunted House or Black Hole....asking for a friend.

I know a guy with a three story barge sitting in the harbor that might interest him instead.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Nerd Decals
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5.00
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Other
    PIN-UPS
    Playfield - Plastics
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 299.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 19.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Habos Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside