• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by FarFromHeaven26
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 months ago

Dear all
I'm looking at purchasing a CV but in Australia they are very expensive for even average examples. So by the time you redo playfields, plastics, decals etc you are probably looking in the ballpark what a CGC remake would be around. Soooooooo can anyone put me out of my misery and let me know if CGC have any plans of doing a remake of CV????? Please?
Thanks

#2 9 months ago

All signs are leading their next pin will be Monster Bash. They will show the next pin in March of next year. Not sure how long after that before they start selling to the public. So even if they were to make CV it would be a very long time from now. Early 2019 if they keep this same schedule and if they choose CV as the next in line. However hearing more rumors of Catus Canyon and Addams Family.

If you really want a CV you should buy the original for now.

#3 9 months ago

CV is expensive even in the US.

No rumors about anyone reproducing CV have surfaced.

The next speculated titles to be remade are possibly MB and/or CC.

#4 9 months ago

MB is not being remade. CC is. CV may be after. MB aint happening for certain reasons.

#5 9 months ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

MB is not being remade. CC is. CV may be after. MB aint happening for certain reasons.

What reasons? You may be eating those words someday. In a nice way.

#6 9 months ago

MB is happening .......

#7 9 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

MB is happening .......

I agree.

#8 9 months ago

Let's go easy on him maybe silver spinner is scared of Monsters

Oh it's Happening Sweetheart!

#9 9 months ago

Well, they said they are currently planning 11 remakes but one has to wonder why they would remake a game that Williams could hardly give away when it was new.

#10 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, they said they are currently planning 11 remakes but one has to wonder why they would remake a game that Williams could hardly give away when it was new.

CV?

#11 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

A lot of games that were unpopular at the time of release or while on route found an appreciation in later years in home game rooms.

That doesn't mean *all* unpopular games are hidden treasures...some can be, but some just weren't that fun back then or today.

#12 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Because now it is a rare game with pretty j poop artwork. You know, his games sell for thousands more than they are worth somehow

#13 9 months ago

I finally was able to get my hands on one and for a below average player this pin for me is in my top 5 of all time. I will never beat it however, it has that one more game. It has the nicest art package ive ever seen. This is my top 5.
1. Afm
2. Mb
3. Met any version
4. Cv
5. Totan

#14 9 months ago

I’m not waiting around for a remake of CV, hunted one down and sent it to HEP.

I’m a fan obviously, but I wonder where it would sit on a priority list for rebuild. There are a number of titles that are generally more popular than CV.

I have a restored MM instead of a remake, personally I like the original over the remakes if can find / afford one. Old WPC hardware is impressive, and although a bigger DMD and good sound is nice, I appreciate what they did with what they had.

That being said, I have a good feeling MBr will be a fun game, I like MB, but not enough to pay for a rebuild. Same thing with AFMr, I’m waiting for a used one to pop up.

#15 9 months ago

do people really believe they will be remaking many more titles? I mean this market has seriously changed and not much is selling unless priced really cheaply. Who's gonna be buying all these remakes for 8 and 9 grand? I don't think they've even sold that many afm remakes. I just don't see it and those with tons of money tied up in this hobby better brace themselves!

#16 9 months ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I will never beat it however, it has that one more game.

Really, never beat it?? I don't mean to sound like some awesome player or something but CV is generally considered to be pretty beatable, even if you turn off the spot marvel with a ramp shot from the right inlane option. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and think it's a ton of fun to play, especially when you get battle the ringmaster and then join the circus!

#17 9 months ago

Cant believe im saying/ thinking this but... .... Im a huge b/w fan ...look at my collection lol. However after having dile in my collection now for a few months .... all my other pins just dont hold a candle to the lightshow , tech ,fun , experience and so on. Im probably gonna start selling off things to get jjp pins and maybe some other newer stuff.
Cgc may be redoing some things on these older pins but unless they update the code, lights to rgb, new /different graphics the games still fell dated imo and dont hold up to the newer stuff coming out for these crazy prices. If cgc can get the price down to 6-7k for the le models i think they can still do well and sell alot ... but these 8-9 k for old remakes with some small upgrades is alot for what u get. They sld b able to get the price down considering its a remake and not made from scratch and everything already exist . Look how complex jjp pins are and they were selling 6500-8k for woz, hobbit and dialed in. Just my opinion tho

#18 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Really, never beat it?? I don't mean to sound like some awesome player or something but CV is generally considered to be pretty beatable, even if you turn off the spot marvel with a ramp shot from the right inlane option. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and think it's a ton of fun to play, especially when you get battle the ringmaster and then join the circus!

Yea all jpop pins are fairly easy code wise but they do have some neat layouts and toys which is the draw . But they are not worth the prices for what u get imo which is y ive only owned wcs.

#19 9 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea all jpop pins are fairly easy code wise but they do have some neat layouts and toys which is the draw . But they are not worth the prices for what u get imo which is y ive only owned wcs.

Sometimes I (and definitely a lot of non pinheads) want a simpler game to play, doesn't make them less fun, especially if you have more complex ones in your collection. I have CV sitting right next to WOZRR and with the ColorDMD and purple Neon I think it holds up pretty darn well. The home ROM on CV that Cameron did helps the game considerably. I love WOZ and like DI better than I expected but The Hobbit is pretty damn boring to play in my opinion and there's a long list of B/W, Stern and Capcom games I'd take over it.

#20 9 months ago

I really like Dialed In but don't ever see myself spending that much on a pin. You could have 2 or 3 great older pins for that money. Remakes are also very expensive. I thought I would be all over AFMr. Looks great and all but still AFM. Great game but $7500 is a lot of money and could still get a great classic game for less than half that. Remaking MB makes sense but just don't see a market for other pins.

#21 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sometimes I (and definitely a lot of non pinheads) want a simpler game to play, doesn't make them less fun, especially if you have more complex ones in your collection. I have CV sitting right next to WOZRR and with the ColorDMD and purple Neon I think it holds up pretty darn well. The home ROM on CV that Cameron did helps the game considerably. I love WOZ and like DI better than I expected but The Hobbit is pretty damn boring to play in my opinion and there's a long list of B/W, Stern and Capcom games I'd take over it.

Like i said i love my b/w pins but i got them considerably cheaper than the remakes in most cases. For the price point tho.... ill take a new design with lots more going on(lightshow, graphics and lots other ) than a rehash of something old..... now if cgc can get the price down (which they sld considering most work has been done for them) to 6-7k for a le then i think they sell well as its under what new pins are in most cases. No way the market can sustain all these 8k+ pins as u are allready starting to see......

#22 9 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

..... now if cgc can get the price down (which they sld considering most work has been done for them) to 6-7k for a le then i think they sell well as its under what new pins are in most cases. No way the market can sustain all these 8k+ pins as u are allready starting to see......

CGC is doing it right offering 6-7k AFMr classics.
Competitive option and perfect for those waiting years seeking a beautiful new AFM.
Save a bit on bling, mod what you want, and probably not lose sleep later if you resale.

#23 9 months ago

Imagine MMRLE with biger DMD and interactive topper like AFMRLE. And a full
RGB LED inserts. Top it off with a fire breathing dragon and now you have yourself a game. I love the original and I own the MMRLE and love that one as well. Just think more people would buy it if the game was redesigned. Keep the basics offer a version of classic but when remaking the LE I would like them to go all out.

#24 9 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

CGC is doing it right offering 6-7k AFMr classics.
Competitive option and perfect for those waiting years seeking a beautiful new AFM.
Save a bit on bling, mod what you want, and probably not lose sleep losing much later if you resale.

Unfortunately by the time u add shipping and color its over 7k and getting the se makes more appeal . Hopefully they will sell the le around 7k in the future since its all in house now . They will sell alot especially if they add some nice new upgrades..... only time will tell . The market is changing and cant support all these 8k+ pins .... especially if its not something new.

#25 9 months ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

do people really believe they will be remaking many more titles? I mean this market has seriously changed and not much is selling unless priced really cheaply. Who's gonna be buying all these remakes for 8 and 9 grand? I don't think they've even sold that many afm remakes. I just don't see it and those with tons of money tied up in this hobby better brace themselves!

You're wrong about AFM. Word is, distribs are setting tons of them up...more than Star Wars. The LE's are almost sold out.

You're right - the market has seriously changed - people don't want to pay for untested, low QC, poor code games for $8000....but bonafide classics spruced up and built well? Those are the games that are going to sell. CGC is in a perfect position. The R&D for their CPUs/PCBs is over, they don't have to pay designers since the games are already done. Their costs to bring a game to market are so much lower than the other pin companies...yet they can sell more units due to built in demand for their titles.

That being said, I don't see CV being remade. It just doesn't have the demand of other classics. If it ever happened it would be waaaaaay down the line after games like MB, CC, BBB, KP, etc.

#26 9 months ago

I would bet on Monster Bash being the next release. If they decide down the road to make Cirqus Voltaire, they'll have even more of my money!

#27 9 months ago

I would buy a CVRLE very, very fast.

#28 9 months ago

MB is a killer theme that should make it an easy sell. That should be enough of a factor to justify the cost of all the figures and mechs and the nightmare of negotiating the license.

#29 9 months ago
Quoted from dudah:

MB is a killer theme that should make it an easy sell. That should be enough of a factor to justify the cost of all the figures and mechs and the nightmare of negotiating the license.

There's nothing to negotiate. They have it. PPS has been making licensed MB repro art, translites, etc for a long time.

#30 9 months ago

Thanks all. Some interesting reading. Pinball is so subjective. I like "different" machines, hence liking CV.

1 week later
#31 9 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

What reasons? You may be eating those words someday. In a nice way.

go back in time, look at any of my posts on remakes, vaults, etc and see im 100% spot on each time.
MB 100% will not be remade.
lotr will 100% never be a vault.
Tron will never be a vault.

save this post, copy it, print it.
it aint happening.

#32 9 months ago

go back in time, look at any of my posts on remakes, vaults, etc and see im 100% spot on each time.
it aint happening.

Noted for posterity

5 months later
#33 4 months ago

it aint happening.

Are you still standing by this bizarre statement? Nearly all connected with this imminent announcement are saying it is a done deal on MB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
€ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside