13%

(204 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FEA69CBF-496C-4804-90A1-5EF4BF1DFC44 (resized).png
crop_large_Vitae-frontprofessor-is-in-poppins (resized).jpg
25ED9065-255F-4D28-902D-98027AEE711F (resized).jpeg
Who's Coming With Me.gif
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

It’s the only CGC remake I’m looking forward to

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What do people feel is incomplete with cactus canyon?

Lots! No Bionic Bart, no boss Bart, no Betty Bart, video mode, lots of voices not there, themes ect... Eric would know all of em.

#103 4 years ago

I'm interested in CCr, but only if there was a future upgrade option to CCC.
I've played both and CCC is the far better experience.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I'm interested in CCr, but only if there was a future upgrade option to CCC.
I've played both and CCC is the far better experience.

It will be interesting to see what the CGC team comes up with.... or not.

#105 4 years ago

It seems kind of mean spirited to me. You don't like it? Okay, then move on and let the others enjoy it.

#106 4 years ago

The whole idea behind this thread is to propose and postulate that CC is not a worthy title for a remake without being updated. I would rather be getting a deal on a pair of beat to death but working Sega pins like Jurassic Park and Last Action Hero for $6k than buying a NIB CCrCE without updated code for $6k, let alone an LE at $8K. No topper I can think of other than a highly detailed locamotive about to run over Polly Pearl, and does so when you fail to stop the train, would entice me to drop an additional $2K for it. Yeah, but it would have to like, flash bright red light to simulate the splatter of, well, Polly of course. But most might take exception to that visual, but I ask, is that any different than TWD and the gore on that machine? CC meets TWD? Now there is a theme I could get behind. Dead zombie cowboys- from Space! Ok, I threw in the space part because I loved Cowboys v.s. Aliens in CCC, so shoot me- Quick Draw!

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

so shoot me- Quick Draw!

Well look on the bright side, you started a thread that created a good debate and a good conversation. The different opinions on Pinside make it colorful and that's what drives this site in my opinion. We can certainly agree to disagree and maybe we will agree on a different topic of discussion.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

We can certainly agree to disagree

I have no problem conceeding defeat. The overwhelming negative response I got was quite telling, so maybe I just agree to disagree, with a caveat of if they dont update CC, I expect to see a few CCr’s hitting the secondary market even before CGC #5 comes out. I mean you can only chop wood for just so long.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have no problem conceeding defeat. The overwhelming negative response I got was quite telling, so maybe I just agree to disagree, with a caveat of if they dont update CC, I expect to see a few CCr’s hitting the secondary market even before CGC #5 comes out. I mean you can only chop wood for just so long.

It's all opinion. Plenty of people have said the exact same thing about MBr.

#110 4 years ago

It’s BBBR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#111 4 years ago

Does my mentioning I hope they remake Cirqus Voltaire enhance this discussion in any way.......

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Does my mentioning I hope they remake Cirqus Voltaire enhance this discussion in any way.......

Sure does. I hope every bodies favorite game gets made.

LTG : )

#113 4 years ago

I think it is great they do any remakes at all

CGC - The first 3 are awesome - keep them coming - whatever order you feel is right.

NOTE: I really need to get that MBr SE...like badly

#114 4 years ago

I don’t want to own a CC. However, it’s a fun enough game. And if people want it, I hope it gets made again. CGC is the ones making the decisions about what they make, not us. And if they think there is enough of a market, by all means, make them. More pinball is good.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

said the exact same thing about MBr.

After owning MBrLE now for a couple of months, and playing the crap out of MB every time I ever got a chance in the past, on site, in a tournament, or in someone’s collection, I have to say, the same can not be said about MB, imo, as is said about CC, because MB never felt incomplete, boring, or missing anything to me, where as I absolutely know that CC was NOT finished, was not polished at all, and remains one of the most rare and boring pins I have ever played from the 90’s, imo. I really wished I didnt have to put “imo” all over my posts, but that is the only way people seem to be able to swallow competing ideas, theorys, or opinions by explicitly making sure I tag my thoughts and that I am not speaking some kind of unvetted gospel, or making an over-reaching statement, or a generalized comment without 37 people jumping on your nutsack and tap dancing the saber dance, explaining the entire time that your statement is your opinion and not the accepted “truth” that can be well documented and whose provenance is undisputed. I think the entire Pinside community has wound itself tight around the “thats your opinion, but don’t assume you speak for me” axle and needs to loosen up a little.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

After owning MBrLE now for a couple of months, and playing the crap out of MB every time I ever got a chance in the past, on site, in a tournament, or in someone’s collection, I have to say, the same can not be said about MB, imo, as is said about CC, because MB never felt incomplete, boring, or missing anything to me, where as I absolutely know that CC was NOT finished, was not polished at all, and remains one of the most rare and boring pins I have ever played from the 90’s, imo. I really wished I didnt have to put “imo” all over my posts, but that is the only way people seem to be able to swallow competing ideas, theorys, or opinions by explicitly making sure I tag my thoughts and that I am not speaking some kind of unvetted gospel, or making an over-reaching statement, or a generalized comment without 37 people jumping on your nutsack and tap dancing the saber dance, explaining the entire time that your statement is your opinion and not the accepted “truth” that can be well documented and whose provenance is undisputed. I think the entire Pinside community has wound itself tight around the “thats your opinion, but don’t assume you speak for me” axle and needs to loosen up a little.

FEA69CBF-496C-4804-90A1-5EF4BF1DFC44 (resized).pngFEA69CBF-496C-4804-90A1-5EF4BF1DFC44 (resized).png
#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Would you just let it go and stop posting novel's.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Would you just let it go and stop posting novel's.

Nope

#119 4 years ago

Poor OP just wanted to express his very valid opinion, and a bunch of grown men act like children as to why they disagree. Stay classy pinside.

#120 4 years ago

If I say please???? And stay classy!

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

a bunch of grown men act like like children

If Pinside were a daycare center for children, the authorities would have shut it down long ago...

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

If I say please???? And stay classy!

Well when you ask like that, how can I not say, Nope. J/K, but I think the thread has done what I wanted it to and is pretty much ready to be forgotten by all. The main points I had, have been made, refuted, and thouroughly shoved back down my throat. If I have to buy a CCrLE to maintain my CGC fanboy serial number matched status, then so be it. But I don’t have to go down without taking at least one or two swings at CGC for doing CC next, even though they are my current favorite manufacturer. <Novel Mode Off>

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If Pinside were a daycare center for children, the authorities would have shut it down long ago...

People are just expressing their opinions, just like you. And now you are calling them baby’s. Let me go grab a dick-shonary and look up the word hypocrite.

#124 4 years ago

Looking forward to CC, one of the B/W I have not owned yet

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And now you are calling them baby’s

Um, you have got to make an appointment with your humorologist because obviously your humor detector is either broken or in need of a serious recalibration. And if you will note, I did not call you babies... I was merely quoting someone who did.

#126 4 years ago

Back in the day my buddy and I would play the new pins when they first came out (actually unknowingly play pilot run games at one of the test locations) and decide which ones we would want to buy used when they came off route (no one I knew was purchasing NIB back then - only operators). We intended to buy and own only our favorites and keep them forever. This strategy had to change after WMS decide to drop pinball. Personal tastes vary greatly. Most of the games I own were must-haves to me (although a few were just opportunity buys). CC didn't interest me then and still doesn't. But I never liked TAF or STTNG either, so it all comes back to personal preference. I hope they remake CC for those who do want it.

#127 4 years ago

Take my money! im in CC

3 weeks later
#128 4 years ago

I'd be in for CCr if it has CCC on board, or can be converted. I have no interest in the original snorefest code. If CGC is going to do new original code I will check it out but yeah, CCC is where it's at. CC is the next pin I have on my radar. At the current prices I can't see it happening unless I can find a project or beat players.

#129 4 years ago

They had an original CC on Ebay that sold at auction for $8500 about a month ago. It looked to be in pretty good shape. It was all original no mods. I almost bid on it but I really didn't have the money to spend on it so I had to pass.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

They had an original CC on Ebay that sold at auction for $8500 about a month ago. It looked to be in pretty good shape. It was all original no mods. I almost bid on it but I really didn't have the money to spend on it so I had to pass.

That is a decent price if it was in good condition. I would have jumped on it.

3 years later
#131 1 year ago

Chicago Gaming revolutionized this game. I own a CCSEr and, well, I also owned a Chris Hutchins restored CC and there is no comparison. Buy one now and replace what you have before you can't get anyone to buy the original from you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-4-protest-thread/page/3?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.