13%

(204 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FEA69CBF-496C-4804-90A1-5EF4BF1DFC44 (resized).png
crop_large_Vitae-frontprofessor-is-in-poppins (resized).jpg
25ED9065-255F-4D28-902D-98027AEE711F (resized).jpeg
Who's Coming With Me.gif
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

needs to be more than word on the street to start gaining buzz and traction, especially with the MBrLE delays, there are a lot of people who would be more enthused about CGC #4 if we had ANY indication it is really going to be CC and that it will have updated code. As it sits, there are a bunch on here who want it with the old code. This seems Pinside counter-intuitive to me. All people do on here is bitch about incomplete code, yet here is a perfect example of a machine that needs a code update, has actually had one done priva

Word on the street is all your gonna get today. Like I said before my sources say the new code they are working on will have an original and an enhanced version
Now whether that comes to fruition, remains to be seen. But it certainly would scratch both itches of people want the original or enhanced code.

#52 4 years ago

CC seems like the natural game to do next. I've always wanted one but they were too expensive and hard to find. Definitely a better game than TOM or TOTAN.

#53 4 years ago

I'm a buyer...with any version of the code. It's fun and that is my number 1 reason to play any pinball.

#54 4 years ago

AYE Captain!

#55 4 years ago

“Who’s with me on this? Can I get a few “I’m with ya, Bublehead” and let CGC know just how much CC does not fit the remake paradigm.”
25ED9065-255F-4D28-902D-98027AEE711F (resized).jpeg25ED9065-255F-4D28-902D-98027AEE711F (resized).jpeg

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I would gladly drop another $8000 on TOM, TOTAN, BBB, TAF, FH, TZ...

And we wonder why prices keep going up.

#57 4 years ago

So now we're supposed to hope that more games don't get built...........

#58 4 years ago

Happy to hear that is going to be CC, by this way I have some time to save my money for TAF, IJ or CV after investing in AFMrLE and MBrLE. Actually I won’ be upset if BBB is following CC - this will even more help me to save money for the real highlights!

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from pin_king:

Happy to hear that is going to be CC,

Why ? I don't recall seeing a post from Doug Duba or Ryan White ( CGC guys )

I wouldn't believe anything until it's coming from them.

LTG : )

#60 4 years ago

I have the first 3 all serial matched. Ready for whatever is next! Honestly have had the best time with the remakes of everything in my collection.

#61 4 years ago

No matter what it is, Bublehead DO NOT PREORDER IT.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No matter what it is, Bublehead DO NOT PREORDER IT.

I am crying laughing right now... this was exactly what I needed this evening to break up a pretty nasty funk I have been in all day.

But... now that I am finally a number matching pre order... But honestly, if I do order one, I won’t be waiting on pins and needles for delivery, and I would most likely sell it at a loss just to get to the others on the list later as a number matched order. So I would be helping bring a CCrLE to someone early who might really like to own it, and at a discount, so isn’t that a good thing?

Preorder wise, though, no other title on their list will get a preorder from the wife and I except TAF and TOM, both are on our short, short, “don’t even think about it first” list, with a longshot on Totan, depending on the topper. I want a BBB, but she said they would have to retheme it as a Rick and Morty machine first before she would buy it. So no BBB for BH.

#63 4 years ago

The worst thing is you know it won’t have this, lol.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The worst thing is you know it won’t have this, lol.

Yep, That mode is especially awesome with a Lepy amp and Prodsound speaker upgrade. That setup shakes my game so much that my buddy thought my game had a shaker motor! Gonna be pretty tough to top that on a remake!

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I have the first 3 all serial matched. Ready for whatever is next! Honestly have had the best time with the remakes of everything in my collection.

You should just get rid all those classic games to create space for all the new remakes coming! (also give me a call when you start the fire sale)

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But honestly, if I do order one, I won’t be waiting on pins and needles for delivery, and I would most likely sell it at a loss just to get to the others on the list later as a number matched order.

So your considering ordering a pin you’ve played a ton and don’t like just to have a number that matches your MBLE or any future purchases?

I bet this will be a preorder too. FOMO for sure.

#67 4 years ago

Looks like quite a few people are jumping on the OP with disdain. True, this subject has come up a lot in past threads...but it is a discussion forum. He votes no, so be it. His post has gotten plenty of attention, right?

I have it on good word that Spring of 2020 is the announce and release schedule for CGC's next game. Rumor mill aside, that is pretty logical and believable in my book. That gives us all plenty of time to mull over what we want, and save accordingly.

Having played Cactus Canyon and Big Bang Bar, can't say I personally prefer one over the other. CC was fun but felt a little redundant after a short while (played it at the PHOF). I loved Big Bang Bar personally (played it at Flippers in NC). I would love to own both, but BBB first if given a choice.

At the risk of sounding obvious; play any game enough times, the sparkle wears. Pick a theme you enjoy and it is so worth keeping.

My vote? CGC...please make both! I have a spot for both!!!!

crop_large_Vitae-frontprofessor-is-in-poppins (resized).jpgcrop_large_Vitae-frontprofessor-is-in-poppins (resized).jpg
#68 4 years ago

I bet they’ll announce the next game at Expo this year.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I bet they’ll announce the next game at Expo this year.

I really don't care when they announce just as long as the game is being assembled and well along the line when they do it.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I really don't care when they announce just as long as the game is being assembled and well along the line when they do it.

Why would that really matter? Just don’t order one until they are shipping. Wait problem solved.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Why would that really matter? Just don’t order one until they are shipping. Wait problem solved.

Because a premature announcement is like premature ejaculation. Its all excitement in the beginning but usually ends in frustration and disappointment.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

So your considering ordering a pin you’ve played a ton and don’t like just to have a number that matches your MBLE or any future purchases?

Its not about matched numbers, its about the wait- and it depends on how CGC works their loyalty program. I will only have the right to purchase a numbers matched CGC machine from this point forward. I am the current holder of title to MBrLE #1027, so in order to retain right to purchase a machine with this number, I will have to purchase every LE from here on out, or how else would they resolve a matched number dispute if, in the future, the owner of CCrLE #1027 (who purchased it because I passed on CGC #4) wants to purchase serial matched #1027 of the next CGC title #5? Who has the right to that number matched machine? Only the current owner of the last matched number machine sold is the only way this can be administered fairly. This means you can not skip a title, which means I am buying #4, like it or not, to have rights to a matched number when they do the remaining titles, a few of which I really want. And if they finish the CC code, maybe I will keep it, it may blow me away, who knows. But MB was a holy grail title for me, and the OG CC holds no interest for me, and I would rather not have to spend $8k on a machine I hate to get to a machine I know I definitely want, but all of this is to try and avoid the wait and get the machines as quickly as possible, otherwise, why participate in the loyalty program at all? Having matched numbers is not important to me, but being in the top 250 of the list for the next remake is. I am in this for machines I want to keep, not just purchase and flip, unless that is what it takes to get to CGC #5, and buying a CCrLE does do one good thing- it helps CGC stay around long enough to get to titles #5, #6, #7...

#73 4 years ago

Bias pole is bias..

#74 4 years ago

If a cactus canyon or Big Bang bar Remake are $5999, I think a lot of people will be interested. AFMr Classic and MBr Classic is a good value in 2019 pinbal pricing.

#75 4 years ago

What I am hearing bublehead is that their marketing strategy is working.

They have built the walled garden and even if it's full of corpse flowers, you ain't leaving.

#76 4 years ago

Im sure its a great game but I wont drop 8K on any game

#77 4 years ago

I don't get peoples thing about matching numbers. It means absolutely zero to anyone in the end. Unless you sell all of the machines to the same person it lasts for exactly 1 owner. It does not add any value. The numbers aren't even given in the order they were made. CGC certainly tapped into some peoples compulsions with that one.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well folks, if one listens to the ground and prognosticates on what is coming from CGC for their next title, I would like to propose a revolt, a protest, if you will, to let CGC know just exactly how disappointed us CGC supporters and owners are at hearing Cactus Canyon is the next title from them.
In that vein, I have started this “me as well” thread to gauge what people really think about:
A. Does Cactus Canyon actually rise to the top of the remake pile due to it being a great title?
B. Was it really that much fun?
C. Is any other title on the list more worthy of a remake?
D. Would you buy one, why or why not?
From my experience as a person who has played way more CC than most, except maybe those who own one, I have to ask, what do people see in this title that makes them crave owning one? Is it the theme? Yo, boy, howdy cowboy? Or is it the rarity and the fact most have never flipped one in the wild? Of all the remakes done so far, I agreed with every choice up to this one. This is the worst 90’s B/W pin from the standpoint of depth, code completion, and it even spawned CCC, arguably the best code rewrite (and most extensive) of a B/W 90’s pin AND for a good reason... the original code is shallow, unfinished and pretty repetitive and boring. Why would anyone want to buy that?
For my money, of which CGC has the lions share of my $8000 for my MBrLE, ANY other title on their list would be more lucrative than this one. I would gladly drop another $8000 on TOM, TOTAN, BBB, TAF, FH, TZ, hell, any other pin than CC.
Who’s with me on this? Can I get a few “I’m with ya, Bublehead” and let CGC know just how much CC does not fit the remake paridigm and that sales of the title are going to be way colder than any other title they have done to date? I hate to say this guys, but if you have put your next egg in the CC basket, things are not going to go well in my opinion.

This thread reminds me of this scene from Animal House. Bublehead = Bluto.. all the guys saying WTF in the video = Pinside.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

If a cactus canyon or Big Bang bar Remake are $5999, I think a lot of people will be interested. AFMr Classic and MBr Classic is a good value in 2019 pinbal pricing.

CGC machines to me are the bomb right now. They are the only player in town if you want a little of that 90’s magic delivered NIB in 2019, and so far, my MBrLE, with over 500 plays already, has had zero issues once I got it all dialed in. And the dialing in was just loosening and tightening screws, and a minor tweek to the scoop. These things are awesome, the SE and CE are amazing good deals and I would buy another CGC title without a second thought on quality, fit, or finish. These things feel like Bally/Williams machines, and I want more of that in my collection. It is just a shame that CC was bumped up the list above other titles, and I am way in the minority on that opinion, reaction to this thread being the evidence to that. I can tell now that CC has a following on here I would have not predicted, so maybe CGC is on the right track.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Im sure its a great game but I wont drop 8K on any game

How about $6K tho?

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

How about $6K tho?

Thats sounding a little nicer.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't get peoples thing about matching numbers. It means absolutely zero to anyone in the end. Unless you sell all of the machines to the same person it lasts for exactly 1 owner. It does not add any value. The numbers aren't even given in the order they were made. CGC certainly tapped into some peoples compulsions with that one.

Matching number orders are made first for LE. That’s where it matters. So you get your LE first.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Slightly OT but anyone else remember playing Cactus Canyon when it was new back in 1999 at the old Nathan's arcade on Central Ave in Yonkers?

Right across the street from my grandparents' apartment (Jeffrey Park)!

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I doubt it. Probably both will be at MMR pricing.

#85 4 years ago

I personally hope they remake every bally/Williams pin. Even system 11's.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I think Cactus Canyon will follow the pricing pattern of the last couple games... classic, special, limited. I mean, why release Monster Bash at those levels and not CC?

BBB could be a little different because it’s a different platform and I’m sure that’s gonna take a little more engineering. But it would be nice if they stayed the course and had the $6000 option.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

They have found marketing gold in their three tier offerings, so why change that? I wouldn’t. They are going to sell out every MBrLE plus hundreds of CE and SE’s. The only reason to go to MMR pricing is if the market wont support selling 2000+ CCr’s between all three tiers, which thinking about it, actually may be the case, but I fear saying anything else negative about CC, lest I get shot at dawn by all the pitchforky CC supporters in here

#88 4 years ago

I’m looking forward to CCr and BBBr!

#89 4 years ago

The poll has CC in first place so who am I to say? I enjoy playing CC, will play the remake. Gives them time to get even better before they do BBB. I still kick myself for not buying BBBrV1.

#90 4 years ago

I didn’t think I wanted a MBr but I bought one. I do remember having fun with CC when I played it, but my play time on one is very limited. I really want a MMr next so hopefully whatever it is is long enough out that i won’t want that one first.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

sure its a great game but I wont drop 8K on any game

Try almost 9k with tax and shipping for the LE.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Try almost 9k with tax and shipping for the LE.

Not necessarily, depends on your distributor, and your state.

#93 4 years ago

CGC hasn't official state anything on #4 yet.

Depending on their timing it may be of no concern of mine.

CC is not high on my list of gotta have.

Not sure CC is going to compete with next few titles coming out end of 2019 and 2020

#94 4 years ago

I've owned an original CC. I restored it and sold it. Fun game. I owned an original MB, restored it and sold it. I owned an original AFM, cleaned it up and sold it.

I now own an AFMrLE and it blows away the original AFM. I like it so much more. I am planning on picking up an MBrLE soon. It looks so sweet. The only original I still have is MM and I feel the original is better than the remake. If CC is the next remake, I will be all in. The game is beautiful and I am certain the remake will be better than the original. It's not that they are reproducing the original games but they actually make them better and that is just awesome.

#95 4 years ago

The only people who have ever heard of or ever played or Care anything about CC are the 100 or so pinheads around here that are vocal enough to engage in a discussion and have the money to actually be a buyer. For the rest of the planet, no one gives a shit. There was mass nostalgia for AFM and the other remakes that CC won’t ever touch. To make matters worse most of the die hards admit the code sucks we all know it’s unfinished. So now they are making remake that has limited audience (strike 1) incomplete code (strike 2) and no nostalgia based on its inherent rarity and arrival at the end of pinball as it existed in that timeframe (strike 3)

Personally i like CC but it’s a terrible choice for the next remake. They should be targeting the JPOP games next if they can’t sort out Addams Family licensing. End of story.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

End of story

Then go buy a Stern.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Then go buy a Stern.

Oh FFS can we leave Stern out of this!?! You will have the JJP dogs on our necks in no time flat.

I am bashing (and protesting) CGC’s supposed inherent intent to recreate CC before other, imo , more worthy titles on their list. I never said that CC should NEVER be recreated, just not next... this puts a theoretical TAFr, a TOMr, a TOTANr, BBBr, etc... one year or even further into the future (or never if the economy collapses, or the surge in Pinball wanes). Is that too much to wish or ask for, for a freaking hobby? Besides, its not like anyone in the industry listens to us ratchet on about it anyways. When was the last time a thread on Pinside changed anyones mind on Pinside, let alone a manufacturer?

#98 4 years ago

Yeah but CGC made it very clear a long time ago it's intention to have a CCr in the mix early on. I know, I had open discussions with Rick on Pinside about it. CCr has to happen, its a fact. CC is a victim to its rarity/incomplete code in such that most people have not had a chance to play it and the code was never completed. Now it will get it's due! I own a CCC and I want it to be remade so people can experience it with completed code for what it was meant to be. If you haven't played CCC then you really don't know what CC is capable of. If you have played the game with it's original code then your only getting a snip it of what it was supposed to be. CCr will be a treat for everyone at a fraction of the cost of the original. That should be celebrated!

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yeah but CGC made it very clear a long time ago it's intention to have a CCr in the mix early on. I know, I had open discussions with Rick on Pinside about it. CCr has to happen, its a fact. CC is a victim to its rarity/incomplete code in such that most people have not had a chance to play it and the code was never completed. Now it will get it's due! I own a CCC and I want it to be remade so people can experience it with completed code for what it was meant to be. If you haven't played CCC then you really don't know what CC is capable of. If you have played the game with it's original code then your only getting a snip it of what it was supposed to be. CCr will be a treat for everyone at a fraction of the cost of the original. That should be celebrated!

Agreed on CCC however these guys already said they aren’t doing that code. So unless they have a rabbit in a hat they are releasing a game with incomplete code. Not exactly a wise business move for an extremely niche item in an already niche hobby/market

#100 4 years ago

What do people feel is incomplete with cactus canyon? The only omission I know of is the lack of a true wizard mode. Wasn't bionic Bart supposed to be the wizard mode? Oh and the match sequence doesn't have an animation or music. Aside from that it plays complete to me. Love to hear from some owners.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Agreed on CCC however these guys already said they aren’t doing that code. So unless they have a rabbit in a hat they are releasing a game with incomplete code. Not exactly a wise business move for an extremely niche item in an already niche hobby/market

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 37.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-4-protest-thread/page/2?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.