(Topic ID: 68817)

CFTBL switch matrix/flipper problem (solved)

By jimbeam42

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jimbeam42
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

creature bl.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimbeam42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I picked up a fixer upper CFTBL, it has had a number of issues and these are the ones I haven't solved yet. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Creature Feature ramp diverter never lowers. It raises and lowers in test but never during multiball when the lamp is lit.

2. When random switches are triggered both flippers are fired. The switch that triggers it changes and doesn't happen all the time.

3. The All Lamps and Flashers test also fires the flippers and I have to shutoff the game to get control of the menu again.

4. During attract mode, there are random buttom presses. Mostly from the coin door service switches. Like the volume will go up a notch, it will say the "let me out" as if the flipper was pressed, enter the service menu. etc.

I suspect there is some battery damage to the CPU board that isn't visible, but wanted to ask before swapping boards or getting a replacement. Thanks

#3 10 years ago

I swapped in a new Rottendog CPU board and moved over the chips. Still have three out of four of the same issues.
I figured out the ramp diverter problem though, during the ramp test with the playfield lowered the switch didn't alternate between open and closed while running the test. I adjusted the switch and now it working during play as it should.

The switches I have noticed that cause the flippers to fire have been right ramp exit, left out lane, and when I hit the center shot to get the extra ball award the flippers fired about 5-6 times.

1 week later
#5 10 years ago

Still has the same issue, bump for having the next couple of days off to work on it.

#6 10 years ago

What would be the next thing to try, replacing the game eprom? The All Lamps will fire the flippers with the pulse for the lights about 5 times in a row and then stop.

While playing I noticed the problem come and go as well. The ramp exit switches seem to fire the flippers once and the center shot will fire the flippers about 5 times fast. After about five minutes of it consistently doing that, it all of a sudden stops.

1 month later
#7 10 years ago

Bump, as I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

1 month later
#8 10 years ago

I figured out my issue, the voltage for +12/18 would drop considerably at times and cause the phantom flips. I replaced the bridge rectifier at BR1 and it has been good since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 45.95
$ 27.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 24.00
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimbeam42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-weirdness?tu=jimbeam42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.