Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by pinhead59
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

Just installed a new Rottendog MPU board in my CFTBL due to battery damage and certain features of game not working. The board was PnP with the the CFTBL newest rom and NVRAM (so no batteries needed anymore) . With the new board on start-up I get a Test Report with "U6 Chksum error". However, the game seems to play correctly and all sounds seem good. Any Ideas???

#2 3 months ago

Try restoring factory settings.

#3 3 months ago

A friend had a similar error U6 L4 checksum error - I am guessing you have L4 rom installed (newest) if you have your old MPU with the U6 L3 rom install it in the new board and see if it works. He just needed a new L4 made.

#4 3 months ago

Restoring to “factory settings” did not correct problem - thanks anyway. It was worth a try!

I am planning to remove the U6 EPROM and re-seat it. My old board did have the L4 rom installed. If re-seating does not work, I will try swapping with the L4 Rom from my original board.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from pinhead59:

Restoring to “factory settings” did not correct problem - thanks anyway. It was worth a try!
I am planning to remove the U6 EPROM and re-seat it. My old board did have the L4 rom installed. If re-seating does not work, I will try swapping with the L4 Rom from my original board.

Have you reseated the ribbon cables that connect the boards? Try a new cable or use deoxit on the existing one.

#6 3 months ago

I swapped the L4 rom from my old board to the new board and the problem went away. Now it starts up with no errors! Must have been a bad EPROM on the the new Rottendog board. I have reached out to Keith at KsArcade.net from where I purchased the board with the new EPROM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside