• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4331.jpg
#1 10 years ago

The problem is the KISS shot.I replaced the bronze gate that stops ball
and bounces into subway hole.The shot still gets rejected about half the time.
It's frustrating hitting shot and it just rolls back down to you.Any ideas?

#2 10 years ago

Check that the scoop isn't too low or high. If there's free movement of the gate, then I would say the scoop. Otherwise some other obstruction. Take the glass off and keep sending the ball in until you see what's stopping it.

Good luck,

Brian

#3 10 years ago

Are you meaning the metal above the hole can be adjusted up and down.
Wasn't there a mod for this area at one time?I kind of remember reading
this at one time.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Are you meaning the metal above the hole can be adjusted up and down.
Wasn't there a mod for this area at one time?I kind of remember reading
this at one time.

Yes. After years of pounding they can bend up and back. It will stress the Cadillac plastic (broke mine) and make the ball more likely to bounce back instead of go in and down.

If it's getting past the scoop and going down but bouncing out you may have issues below the pf. Might be worthwhile to check shop out photos to make sure everything is lined up the way it's supposed to underneath. Mine had issues there too, but I beleive it was just hanging up in the subway, not bouncing all the way back out.

The scoop can be bent back into place, but may be best to remove it rather than do it from the top. Try to verify what's making it bounce out before you get too deep.

Good luck.

Brian

#5 10 years ago

Thanks Brian I'll look at it again,I also want to put some
sockets and cyan leds in those pop bumpers this weekend.
I got TAF TOTAN &CFTBL this summer and I'm surprised
how much I enjoy this pin One more game thing!

#6 10 years ago

Creature is a great pin when clean, leveled and tuned just right. Some mods are really fantastic (e.g., the LED speaker panel, LCD options, lit pops, and don't forget an external subwoofer (BEST sounding pin for an external sub, in my opinion). It's a favorite in this house.

If you need any info on lighting the pops, getting the speaker panel, tear-downs, or anything else Creature-related lemme know.

#7 10 years ago

I've added this thread to my ever growing list of favorites so that when I finally get around to re-assembling mine, I'll have some good information for issues that might arise.

here's a question for the rest of you creech owners:
has anyone who's changed out the original red jet bumper caps with another color thought to replace the top ones with purple (used in medieval madness) and the bottom one with teal (used in cactus canyon) to match the playfield artwork?

purple jet bumper caps
http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=413&parent=0

teal jet bumper caps
http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=417&parent=0

#8 10 years ago

Here's my setup....

IMG_4331.jpgIMG_4331.jpg

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've added this thread to my ever growing list of favorites so that when I finally get around to re-assembling mine, I'll have some good information for issues that might arise.
here's a question for the rest of you creech owners:has anyone who's changed out the original red jet bumper caps with another color thought to replace the top ones with purple (used in Medieval Madness) and the bottom one with teal (used in Cactus Canyon) to match the playfield artwork?
purple jet bumper capshttp://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=413&parent=0
teal jet bumper capshttp://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=417&parent=0

I did the teal like Pinster68. I went with GI versus changing with the pops being activated.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for this thread. I've got an older gate that's really bent up that I need to replace too. Where did you get a new one?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Slaymetender:

Thanks for this thread. I've got an older gate that's really bent up that I need to replace too. Where did you get a new one?

Not sure if you're referring to mine. The gates are all original ... Just polished for two days in a vibratory tumbler with crushed walnut shells to shine them up.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Here's my setup....

IMG_4331.jpg 3 MB

I did the teal pops as well, keep them all the same color, looks better that way, and make sure they have matching skirts. I hooked my pops lights to the lightning bolts inserts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 24.00
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 45.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 27.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-tech-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.