• 422 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL Snackbar 3.0 kustom kit - Manual rev4.pdf (PDF preview)
french mod (resized).jpg
french kit (resized).jpg
screen-capture-28 (resized).png
20150518_165823_1600 (resized).jpg
99-010133-00_munchkin_land_assy_WOZ (resized).jpg
5xCustoms (resized).JPG
IMG_0815 (resized).jpg
Creature Plastics.pdf (PDF preview)
Creature Plastics Laser.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2779 (resized).jpg
IMG_2776 (resized).jpg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpg
IMG_0827 (resized).JPG
IMG_0611 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Thought it was time to start a new dedicated thread for Version 3 (v3) of the Snackbar Mod due to quite a few people requesting a Snackbar Mod and since I have wanted to try something out (new feature). I do get bored so tend to do a run of about 100 and then stop for a breather and if enough requests occur I then develop another version to mix it up a little but also improve on the previous design - always aiming for a cleaner look, easier to install and more details but still look the part. But I am also open to constructive ideas and if cool, practical and within cost restrictions like add features suggested by Pinsiders.

Version 3 - Snackmod v3
- to be released soon
- limited to 40 units due to deadline commitment by those keen.

Desired features of v3:
- no bolts in the top through the decal
- one bolt quick release system at the back of the front face once the base plate is installed
- no acrylic light blades - to be replaced with a molded resin 12mm / 1/2" high front plate
- added decal to the molded front plate to enhance the neon and Snackbar look

Open for thoughts :
- on the top surface decal / dome flasher insert - yes/no / Starlight Design / or stars - possibly with some components that can be lit up

Current model design:
start of the design with open front and no bolts in the top and one at the back of the front face

top piece made transparent to show the locking features

The price:
- to be confirmed once the design is finalised and prototype made
- I only ask for payment when your mod is ready to post and getting on the wait list only secures you a spot for the mod in the order I get your enquiry.

Ordering:
All I ask is if you are keen, please send me a pm with the subject line being "Snackbar Mod v3" and issue me your
- full name
- email address
If you don't send me a pm I will not put you on the wait list, as posting in the thread that you are keen is cool and appreciated but it won't secure you a position on the wait list. Currently there are about 15 people on the wait list and I tend to build them in batches of about 10 every 4-6 weeks once the design is final and proven.

Updates:
- when I have an update I will post and encourage others to give your thoughts, ideas etc

History of this mod is:

Version 2 - Snackbar Mod v2
- released January 2016
- finished October 2017
- modeled off features of the building on the playfield with it's unique features but improved the number of bolts in the top from 5 to 2 and switched to laser cut acrylic light blades for improved brightness and lit by linking to the GI powering a led strip.
- downsides were some people felt that it lost a little of the classic rounded neon look, slightly improved assembly
thread can be found here

Version 1 - Snackbar Mod (v1)
- released September 2014
- finished September 2015
- modeled off features of the building on the playfield with it's unique features being it used elwire along with a inverter for a cool neon effect to the Snackbar mod.
- downsides were it was a little timing consuming to install and pulled 12vdc from a already heavily modded game.
thread can be found here

Update 28-12-18
It has taken longer than I had hoped but here is the manual for the released v3.0 Snackbar mod for those on the list which is limited to 40 people along with 3 people that wanted the prototypes. Prototypes are completed and parts are almost in for the production mods to roll out in early 2019. My apologies for the delays and your patience.

Update 23-1-19
V2.0 manual added (removed v1.0 manual)
CFTBL Snackbar Mod v3.0 - Manual rev2.pdfCFTBL Snackbar Mod v3.0 - Manual rev2.pdf

#2 6 years ago

a few people have asked what my experience is and I have reassured them that I design for fun and a mechanical engineer by trade and yes I earn a small commission off my designs made by Shapeways

I put alot of my designs up at Shapeways as these are made in the US and postage is affordable, some being mods, some being reproduction parts for those hard to get parts, and some are tools amongst other random things. I still have to update some designs with the appropriate search words.

all my designs - full catalogue
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest

all CFTBL specific parts and mods
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkscftbl&sort=newest

all pinball mods
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksmod&sort=newest

all pinball reproduction parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksreproduction&sort=newest

all pinball tools
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkstools&sort=newest

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Oh yes!!! I can’t wait already looking amazing! And I’m In the process of restoring my creepch and installing a separate 12v power supply to run all my goodies like this one

this one is now hooked up to the GI socket under the mod so a simple to wire and lightup and not a power drain unlike v1.

#9 6 years ago

thanks for the kind words guys, it's very much appreciated.

a few people have asked about postage whcih I can give a rough answer. I am in Australia but have sent most of the mods in the past to the US followed by Canada and Europe. Every parcel gets tracking to your door and basically I just charge for the box and postage and don't charge a packing fee. I don't want to quote postage costs just yet as Aus Post may raise prices but in the past there has been change from $30AUD to USA and Canada and change from $35AUD to Europe.

hope that helps

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looking forward to seeing how v3 turns out.
I would love to see v3 return to the "neon look" that the elwire provided in v1, perhaps by molding a rounded tube that is backlit.
I love the look, but I've had a number of issues with it because of the power draw. Keeping the LED lighting from v2 with the neon look of v1 would be the best of both worlds.

that is my main goal with this version and what you are suggesting is what I had in mind.... lets see if I can get that look

#13 5 years ago

thanks again guys and like in the past anyone that has purchased the snackbar mod directly from me in the past will get a discount as a thanks for your support:
- those that purchased v1 or v2 will get a 5% discount on v3
- those that purchased v1 and then v2 will get 10% discount on v3

if you have purchased in the past please remind me and I will cross check with my records and when the price is known & released you will get a discount as a thanks.

cheers

Jady

#14 5 years ago

this is my current concept that now the front will be one whole light lens with detailed embossed features and a black background as typically black is the background for neon - the clear light is the the 1st neon tube in which there will be 2 of these with a second up higher equally at the top
Snackbar v3 (r1)-4 (resized).pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-4 (resized).png

this will be the neon look profile that will extend out past the black front
Snackbar v3 (r1)-5 (resized).pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-5 (resized).png

the fitting of this mod is like the previous version, mount the plate but it will have 3 different posts that you drop on and slide 7.5mm to lock into place and then one bolt to fasten the lens and shroud also locks the mod into place so to service etc - loosen one screw and it will slide and lift off - easy.
Snackbar v3 (r1)-6 (resized).pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-6 (resized).png

concerns - the front panel may distort due to the slender cut outs.

thoughts -

#15 5 years ago

here is the next stage with the front now with 2 neon tubes, will start on the next feature for the top and see what you guys think

Snackbar v3 (r1)-7.pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-7.png

#18 5 years ago

Awesome! These are looking great, I’m liking the 2 tunes but man both are stellar

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Stunning, Jady!

thanks guys, still aiming to put an addition on the roof that will be an underlit lit, 3d interactive "Snackbar" logo like the playfield that will be lit using the red dome feature lit so interactive to flash and come on when the snackbar is open.

#22 5 years ago

That is so cool Art,

I would loved that era and scene, maybe one day we can get to that place at Disney,

Yes they is still one drive in locally which we visit a few times a year but pretty bad snackbar, definitely no inspiration at the local one. They have a funny radio add that promotes that “if you don’t like the movie you can slash the seats”

#24 5 years ago

slight detour but interesting all the same

I was curious of drive-in cinemas in Europe and could only find this which in Aus we call open air cinema's
https://travelaway.me/outdoor-cinemas-europe/

and found this one in Denmark, so they must of had them though would only be in the warmer months I imagine
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMHBGZ_LARGEST_Drive_In_Movie_Theatre_in_Europe_Lynge_Denmark

here is a bit of Australia's history
https://maas.museum/inside-the-collection/2016/02/09/remembering-australias-drive-ins/

and we only have 16 left in Aus - Heddon Greta is our local and years ago we had another 2 with one being within 5 kms away
http://www.driveinmovie.com/Australia

US has 348 Drive-ins left
https://qz.com/235155/there-are-barely-any-drive-in-movie-theaters-left-unless-you-live-in-south-dakota/

#27 5 years ago

this is still in the concept stage but I have tried to replicate the Snack Bar name like on the playfield and turn it into a 3d part. Because I don't want to create any floating pieces I have changed the "a" and the "B"

this is merely the start of a logo that will be housed and backlit from the back or underneath to glow and this will be connected to the light that flashes under the red dome on certain features and when the Snackbar is open.

I suppose before I go too far along am wondering what people are thinking of the slight change on a few of the letters and direction with this part???

the design housing will be more curved and stylized to flow with the letters and then located on the snackbar top towards the front point so scene

Snackbar v3 (r1)-8 (resized).pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-8 (resized).png

#30 5 years ago

thanks j_m_ , nice mockup

I had considered something like the countersunk bolt but you need the thickness as the plate at that end is only 2mm thick plastic which is not ideal for countersunk's if in the front face

I like the idea of the tab at the back, but the downside of the locking bolt at the back is that if the customer wants to service under the mod (change a globe etc) they have to remove the light board in the centre and then have limited hand room for hand and allen key. V1 had 5 bolts on top, v2 had 2 on top and v3 will have none on top but one on the front face which will be black and blended and makes for easy install and serviceability.

The bolt actually has a second feature which is to lock the top in place once it slides into position but could be doable from the back but would need to be longer and more unscrewing / screwing in a limited space.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what about reversing my mock-up to locking the lens cover at the top and having the tab near the lower point of the snack bar and then putting the screw on the right side of the snack bar? (which would still be out of the line of sight, giving you a nice and clean look

That is a fair point but there are brackets near the ramp as well on the right so turning a allen key might be a issue. Where the bolt is now is a dead area that can't be back lit due to hidden features so not to bad and black on black will keep it blended in. I will though consider where the sign gets fastened to the top front could be the locking bolt at the back of the sign giving it good access and not seen - so a win win.

Will continue on the design and look at options, but appreciate the ideas.

But with you other idea of the back locking tab gave me the idea to design midway tabs for the black face midway to strengthen up the thin sections and secure better, so thanks.

#33 5 years ago

didn't feel like working on the logo - still in the think tank but really wanted to do a neon version and a retro classic light globe version:
- neon with simulated pink lighting
- globe with simulated yellow lighting

Snackbar v3 (r1)-10 (resized).pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-10 (resized).png
Snackbar v3 (r1)-9 (resized).pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-9 (resized).png

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Would like to have the option to get both

yes probably will make both available but be sold as neon and people can change it by purchasing the globed version from shapeways when ever it suits them

#38 5 years ago

never had to wrap a logo so took a little experimenting but worked out a concept, so need a vote from people:

1. keep the logo on top like on the playfield and still need to cut down around text and then wrap a black housing around and back light

OR

2. have the Snackbar unlike the playfield on the same face as the neon and maybe a back lit "OPEN" on the top face with a logo so the top is flat.

Snackbar v3 (r1)-11.pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-11.png

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Swinks, can you bleed the light into the sign from underneath so it lights up? Kinda like lazoriffic toppers do?
I'm not sure I like the plate on the front. The mismatch colours are not appealing to me.

tough crowd ... lol

the image is merely a concept of showing "Snack Bar" in the playfield font and it curved and the rough location similar to the playfield. The colours are not true as not finished yet as will have a black casing and back lit like the neon will be.

laseriffic topper are edge lit as the acrylic is engrave and the engraving lits up, the snackbar piece will molded acrylic so will be cloudy but backlit.

if people are not really into it I can just park the project until a better solution comes up.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Ha! Don't let me get you down. I just wanted to provide some criticism. If everyone comes in here and says, "It's perfect!", "It's awesome!", then they aren't pushing you to be the best Swink's you can be.

cheers, appreciate the feedback

Quoted from robotron911:

Maybe a black background on the Snack Bar, so that when lit it looks neon like the sides. Would you be housing it in something? As pictured, it looks like one air ball away from being broken.

Quoted from freegame450:

I really like the concept that you show in your image. Back lit "Snack Bar" sign on top inside a black casing would be awesome.

as mentioned in a few posts there will be a black surround as this is just the initial concept so you will only see the letters and then black around it but to the size of the letters not a ugly box like the current concept.

Quoted from Jodannar:

Liking the options in the design. Front facing snack bar signage is great if viewable from players perspective on the curve

my thoughts as well as wanted to be able to read it from players perspective

I think this looks amazing! I also have worked with 3D applications a lot and color in these renders do not equate to the color it will be as swinks said. So I would not take color into account, more about the structure and features. I love this

thanks mate and for others I do understand that not everyone has the vision so need to do the full model to get a better idea - just trying to save some time and pick a direction earlier....

Quoted from Gorgar1:

Looking Ace so far I’d better start saving

Quoted from parabol420:

Don't park it! I am ready for version 3, having bought ver 1 and 2 in the past. Can't wait to see how this comes out.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Retiring my v2 for this. Do your thing Swinks

thanks everyone, much appreciate the feedback

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerxes:

Hi Swinks,
would the artwork for the globed/domed version from Shapeways still be available?... I really like how V3 is shaping up but my wife loves version 2 and thinks the red dome V2 design is more in keeping with the original look of the playfield.
cheers
Xerxes

Hi Xerxes,

in v3 there will be artwork on the top but different to mkw it a little unqiue and I won't go there until the sign is finished. The Red down in v1 and v2 is linked to the original plastic but not necessarily related to the artwork. v3 is still yet to get the "SnackBar" logo that will on top to capture the artwork more so I would like to think this version will be more inline with the artwork and theme.

v2 top is available on Shapeways and isn't cheap but they were never cheap even for me which pushed the price up, but is there as a replacement option for people if theirs is damaged or they would like to do a custom paint job....

v1 and v2 tops were actually made by iMaterialise (European option to Shapeways) as they could do a better price on 10 where Shapeways wouldn't budge. But iMaterialise are in Belgium so put the v2 top on Shapeways as by the time postage is added from Europe the price is equivalent and Shapeways postage is much better than iMaterialise.

I hope that helps and will try to get that classic retro look

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if the 'snackbar' sign is clear acrylic, wouldn't a light from the bottom only light up the laser etched letters? that might be cool since you wouldn't notice it for the most part until the snackbar was [open]

I know what you mean but 3d resin printed plastic is a semi cloudy look so will have to back light it, and use the black housing to enhance the letters. Laser etching would be cool but I want the sign curved so gets into an area that isn't ideal

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

hmm...
I might know a guy with a heat bending machine and a jig. if you did it in PETG and laser etched it, you could bottom light it

yeah I could and have considered but for the first (proto) one I have my heart now set of back lighting like the neon tubes to keep it consistent - should have a mock-up soon to show

thanks for the input and the possible contact ....

#63 5 years ago

still early stages but the general concept

Snackbar v3 (r1)-12 (resized).pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-12 (resized).png

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Well I have v1 and love it, but looking at this if there is a list put me on it.

for you or anyone else simply send me a pm with full name and email address,

at the moment will only be a limited run of 50 this year as got too much on at work, family and other projects.

#68 5 years ago

swinks looking great dude, one thing I noticed is this version does not appear to have the red light dome interpreted. Is the plan to do away with it. Personally I like the dome and feel the topside is rather bare without it. Thoughts?

no I have removed the dome as I want the Snackbar logo to be the main focus,

and with the traditional plastic it was roughly 3mm thick so the dome was visible. With v2 and this now v3 are both 23mm high and so push the dome higher and from the players perspective was not really visible during play but you saw the flashing. In addition I had to wear a 15-20% loss on printing issues of hole alignment so prefer not to have decals with holes in them.

The SS plate and top are still going to have a decal so you are not seeing a mass of aqua blue but going to do a slightly different design now on both, in the final model I will add a one colour patch to simulate a decal so you don't see all blue to help visualise.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

looks great but I still want that single screw location changed to one out of view if possible
move your screw!!

I know you are not a big fan of the screw but v1 had 5 screws, v2 had 2 visible screws and v3 will have 1. The proto will be in the front as I don't think it is a issue as have a good feeling of what the end look will be.

The back alternative you suggested will mean a person has to remove the light panel each time which is what I am trying to avoid.

The front alternative you suggested will mean they have to dick around with dodging the ramp and switch which I am trying to avoid.

The top alternative might be a option but then it means more parts come loose in the undoing.

So at the moment the proto will have one black bolt in the front, sorry if this disappoints but I want this mod to be super quick and easy to remove for servicing or swapping out colour leds while still looking streamlined.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The screw looks fine and is Way hidden all the way in the back as you show when installed. I like your consideration for service. Will miss the dome but as long as the sign lights to let you know the snack bar is open and bright enough I think it will be a unique and improved trade off. Really waiting to see the artwork you come up with on the top sea of blue. That will tie it all together. Minor request but I hope you can extend (second piece) a decal over the stainless bracket over the scoop to tie it in a bit. Minor if not. Lets get to production!!!!! Creech is calling for the renovation!

as for the dome flasher, there is no reason that that light is extended so Snackbar flashes when open but I also have something else up my sleeve if it works

yes there will be a decal again over the Snackbar hole for the stainless steel plate, see the photo has a FILM decal and will do something similar but mix it up with a different background colour instead of the aqua blue like I did on v1 and v2

Snackbar Mod v2.2 (resized).jpgSnackbar Mod v2.2 (resized).jpg

#74 5 years ago

Sorry mate, don't mean to tease.... this design is the one I always wanted to do...

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

swinks one thing to consider with the stand up signage is the possibility of the ball getting stuck behind it. Just something to keep in mind with the angles and other-what-not.

yes, this was under consideration and though the design is not finalised I am confident if it got up there it will freely roll off.

bigger problems is Shapeways decided to introduce a few materials but axed quite a few materials - some of which I was banking on with the sign... wait and see

#80 5 years ago

got a few things going on so won't be around as much for a little while

1 week later
#82 5 years ago

ok, here is what will most probably be proto-type 1 and see how everything fits coupled with paint lighting etc

The decals obviously are just a flat one colour image that will become an art decal for the 2 spots, yet to be designed.

Please let me know your thoughts before I order a proto-type set.

close image of the sign banner
Snack1 (resized).pngSnack1 (resized).png

above view to show that the ball should not get caught
Snack2 (resized).pngSnack2 (resized).png

#83 5 years ago

animation gif - hopefully works

I tried to create a gif that simulates the game off and then on, with then the neon tubes turned on and then the Snackbar sign flashing when the snackbar is open. It will be easy to change this at your end for the snackbar to always be lit like the neon. Once I have a version in my hands I will "try" to do a slight modification to add a lit feature to the top decal for when the snackbar is open as an alternative to the snackbar sign.

snackbar.gifsnackbar.gif

#88 5 years ago

thanks for the feedback guys

the stainless steel plate and snackbar top will have designs on those mock up decals and aim to have an "open" sign or something up on it and won't be all black and all yellow blob decals

#91 5 years ago

what I have done in the past is ordered a proto and then test fitted, de-bugged any design issues, take photos and offered up to the early guys at a discounted price and then make any tweaks for the final version

the first on the list can decide if they want the proto or a production version, but generally the proto's have been equivalent to the final version in design and finish - have had a good success rate so far. The base plate will be a v2 as have a couple left but will be doing a v3 which is only a little different underneath only because I am particular and want everything matching for the under design, though all the mount & post holes will be the same but with totally different posts this time round.

I appreciate the keenness and support

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Mank:

Please put me on the list.

if you are keen send me your full name and email address to lock in a position - list is lmost full

Quoted from Manny65:

Thumbs up on the design Jady
Keen to see what you have in mind for the decal on the top and the potential of a lit "open" feature on the top as well (I like the original dome) but that said I think the blinking Snack Bar signage will be way cool, so look forward to seeing some protos. How bright will the signage light be - will it cast some light over the playfield? Now I'm feeling all nostalgic over flickering neon signs

I aim to have a comet led strip backlighting so should be bright enough to cast some nostalgic effect. As for the dome that was on the original plastic as well as v1 & v2 and I really personal want the "Snackbar" sign to be the unique feature and unlike the original plastic the font will be like the playfield snackbar sign so a better tie in. thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Quoted from Jodannar:

Looks amazing. Great work.

thanks mate

#100 5 years ago

sorry guys, I don't mean to tease with the upgrades, but I get bored so want the next design to be better than the last and the sign was one of me wants from the beginning but just never got there

#101 5 years ago

just an update on the interest list
- it is at the 50 which is my max production size for 2018. I am still taking names if people are interested as they can take the place of people that drop out as sure people will bail when the time comes or once I work out the final price. Just wanted people to be aware.

- I will be away for a couple of days as taking my wife and kids away for a few days to Sydney for Vivid and then when back tweak the designs for the proto-type test

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have a safe and restful trip with family. The only thing in life that is important. Then get home rested and start cranking out V3's! lol

Thanks mate, what a day, travelled 150km and the thrust bearing on the clutch decided to cease and left us stranded...... Took 5hrs to get a rental so we could enjoy the Vivid lights for my wife’s birthday ..........

Lights were good and everyone is stuffed - not quite the trip away we planned, hate cars $2k repair bill ...... anyway we are alive, healthy and look forward to playing pinball.

Chat soon

1 week later
#105 5 years ago

proto designs are ready to order which I will do tomorrow and depending on the lighting installed will determine the final look. All lighting will be Comet gear and a fixed colour (that looks the best) and then if you want something a little different you can customise straight from Comet.

Neon Tube Version
Neonv3 (resized).pngNeonv3 (resized).png

Bulb Version
Bulbv3 (resized).pngBulbv3 (resized).png

also the plan is for the decal on top will be similar to the v2 with a large arrow sign but with "OPEN" on the vertical section along with a 3 led stripe matrix (all going well) which will fasten to the back of the snackbar sign and shine on to the "OPEN" and flash. The Snackbar Sign has the slot in the back so wiring can pass through.

Openv3 (resized).pngOpenv3 (resized).png
#111 5 years ago

thanks guys,

yeah the bulb version is really going to be an accessory available to order from Shapeways for those that want to mix it up

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Love the design. The only thing that comes to mind when I look at the neon tube version is that with the tube color and the trim color the same (teal) it looks a bit monolithic. Have you tried mocking up a different tube or trim color?

It is only a mockup and I based the mockup on the v2 which was predominantly sent out with ice blue led strips as they looked cool and had that neon look. I personally had purple and looks cool and on the v1 I had pink el wire which looked cool but wasn't available in the led strips for the v2. Lighting is a funny thing and a 3d model is never going to capture the real finished look of a finished mod.

I won't mockup any other versions for now and the tube design is final (for the moment) and will be a translucent clear which can be backlit with any colour (hopefully ) and will wait for the proto's to be made, painted and then trial with different colour led strips. From there I will make a decision on the final colour led strips and people can always customise down the track.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Looks awesome Swinks, count me in please mate

thanks

if keen send me your full name and email address

cheers

Jady

#117 5 years ago

mod update (16-6-18) - proto-types just ordered and should get to me in the next 4 weeks and then I will check for fit on the bench and in the game and if all good, next stop painting

thanks for your patience...

screen-capture-13.pngscreen-capture-13.png

2 weeks later
#119 5 years ago

no worries ClassicHornet

Update
- proto parts are almost here, so soon can report back on fit and look pre-paint
- list has closed for the moment as over the 50 cap

1 week later
#122 5 years ago

was at the zoo yesterday with the family and got back late and found a package at the door and just couldn't wait and lit up the sign - the concept works and lighting seems intense but that is more the camera but is looking the part.

the negative is I am not happy with the front panel (tubes and black surround - is a little flimsy and distorted) so will be redesigning, though will still paint up and take some photos so people can see progress of v3.0 and then move to v3.1

with lights on
IMG_4307 (resized).JPGIMG_4307 (resized).JPG

with lights off
IMG_4308 (resized).JPGIMG_4308 (resized).JPG

#127 5 years ago

swinks looking awesome! Is the color of the sign determined by the led color? For example if i wanted my sign to be yellow, would this model support just changing out and led strip?

the logo is a clear translucent resin so the led colour determines the final look allowing you to mix it up.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Was playing earlier and had a ball go up and over the snack bar strangely. Very unlikely that it will happen again but the sign would now cause a ball stuck spot. May need a small post or something behind it to divert the ball to the left down the face.

I don't believe it will as the snack bar is 20mm in height and the sign curved and if a ball ended up there believe it would roll on to the right ramp near the entrance.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Any update on this amazing mod? Need me a new snack bar! Lol

sadly no, a bit flat out at work and lazy when I get home and lots of computer problems - seems the hard drive is failing so everything is backed up and slowed my designing down alot....

the resin front is oversized and I need to sand and adjust to finish the fit test - hopefully this weekend

2 weeks later
#133 5 years ago

update..........

between sickness and work sending me to studies I have been a little time poor, but finally got the v3.1 finished and installed.

- the slide design works really well and to the point where I almost don't need a locking screw on the front, BUT "stupid me" didn't consider the ramp and a nut that holds the plate down that fouls with the Snackbar top in the slide locking motion. So pulled out the dremel to hack the mod - but at least it was in areas that can't be seen.

- I put a purple led strip in the mod to light up the neon strips and an orange led strip for the snackbar sign. I won't do decals until the design is final but the photos give you an idea of what it looks like. In the photo the lighting does look a little intense for the Snackbar sign and a not fully glowing all of the strips - which is a bit the little the nature of the mod and but also where I fastened the strip which I can improve on a little.

- I hooked up the neon and sign to the GI and left the globe for the snackbar open feature which just adds a slight additional pulse glow through the strips - but people can connect the sign or the strips to the flash feature if they want to mix it up.

- my idea of having a feature pass through to the top did not work as hoped so will can that, so no light up feature for the top of the mod.

- the black cover over the front lens is on there but way to flimsy so already have an alternative idea for the front.

- from the players perspective you can't see "Sna", and partially see "ck" and clearly see the "Bar"

IMG_4462 (resized).jpgIMG_4462 (resized).jpg
IMG_4464 (resized).JPGIMG_4464 (resized).JPG
IMG_4465 (resized).JPGIMG_4465 (resized).JPG

#134 5 years ago

Where to from here:
v3.1 - only one of which is now canned to make way for the v3.2 due to issues.

v3.2 - do a remodel of v3.1 to improve on the slide on feature and tweak the sign cabling port through the top and remove the black front cover and replace with a thicker acrylic lens and then paint and then sand off the paint on the tubes only to get a more projected neon tube look.

v 3.3 - and something I want to entertain is still have the same modified slide on changes but then the "Snack Bar" sign actually mounted within the top from inside and glow up so "Snack Bar" can be better seen and reduces the overall parts and cost and allows the top to glow / light up instead of a dome.

will work on models for v3.2 & v3.3 to show people along with some close cost estimates to determine if this mod proceeds

#136 5 years ago

and 2 points of interest for people
- you can hardly see the one screw on the front face that fasten the top to plate
- and if a ball were to get to the top of the mod it would roll off on to the ramp

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looking good Mr. With the decals and minor adjustments it looks like your getting close.

bummed I missed a few simple things but anyway, lessons learnt

thanks for everyone's patience

2 months later
#152 5 years ago

I am back and sorry for the sudden dis-appearance - too much going on and needed to force a break on myself in a few areas, on deactivation I thought it was 30 days but ended up being 60 days which finished this morning lol.

I am flying out tomorrow for a little over a week to the Gold Coast to do theme parks, swim etc with the family, play some pinnies and hopefully catchup with Dr John and back with a few days still off.

The latest version of the mod (v3.4) should be waiting for me when I am back which I will paint, display and update you guys - which I am hoping this version is the final. I have been playing CFTBL with the snackbar mod with signage that was in the photos and must say it gives a cool era classic lighting effect to the centre of the playfield.

Also I have a sample arriving in the same shipment for the Snackbar Signage for Version 2 owners so they can swap out the red dome and use the hole as a clamp feature and the sign sits on top the same place as the Version 3 so you guys don't have to sell you mod and just purchase for a small fee the V2.5 Snackbar Signage only

#153 5 years ago

Concept v3.4

- no longer has black face panel as the locking mechanism kept failing after a while playing so went to a design similar to Snackbar Mod v2 but with now many enhancements
- has the one screw release on the front for easy release
- has 2 screws on the underside to lock in the light blades
- proto light blades are 3d printed with curved edges for that neon look
- better re-routed tracks for power from the snackbar sign
- an internal track from inside of the mod to the back so if people want to add another light to light the top decal say if the snackbar opens can flash on the "open" decal.
- don't worry about the angular looking holes that was just in the modelling down scaling for viewing.

hope you like this as if all good in fit this will be final.

concept1 (resized).pngconcept1 (resized).png
concept2 (resized).pngconcept2 (resized).png
concept3 (resized).pngconcept3 (resized).png

#154 5 years ago

Concept v2.5

this is for the people that have the Snackbar Mod v2

- this allows the guys with the v2's to get that upgraded look without selling there mod and buying the v3
- remove the mod and then remove red dome via removing the hot glue dots and clipping the dome
- tap a thread into the new clamp plate and then drop on to the mini locator posts and add 2 dots of hot glue
- install the Snackbar insert into the sign housing
- install a Comet Pinball 6 led strip behind the Snackbar insert with the wiring coming out of the back (closest to the clamp) and install into the wiring track of housing
- lower the housing with led, wiring and insert to the hole where the dome was and install the bolt and loosely install
- install the mod to the plate and connect the wiring to which ever feature - snackbar open or GI, and firm up and then rotate the signage to the right position and nip up

The new Signage hides the current Snackbar sign on the decal

If all good this will be released as an affordable option for the v2 people and can purchase the parts direct from Shapeways and Comet Pinball - but I will do a help manual to guide you.

Screen shots so the the concept with the comparison of the original and upgraded and the last image shows the new parts involved in the design.

concept1 (resized).pngconcept1 (resized).pngconcept2 (resized).pngconcept2 (resized).pngconcept3 (resized).pngconcept3 (resized).pngconcept4 (resized).pngconcept4 (resized).png
#158 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Very nice option for the V2 owners. Will the "Snack Bar" logo light up like the original dome light did when the Snack Bar is open for a shot?

yes the "Snack Bar" logo will light up on v2.5 just like v3 though up to you if you connect the wiring to that feature or GI

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Welcome back mate and thanks for the update.
I quite liked the black face panel, but better that you know the mod is going to be reliable. Really like the upgrade for the v2 guys - well done!!

thanks mate

I liked the black face as well, though was delicate and proved to be unreliable and popped out within 10-20 games

as for the v2.5 - I always wanted the logo but back then hadn't come up with the idea and about 12 guys are in on for the v3 that already have v2 so wanted to give them an option as becomes alot to sell and buy again probably with a small loss, though up to them to go down this path but there if they want.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Please let us know when the Sign upgrade piece is available. Thanks.

as soon as my proto gets to me and I am happy with it, I will release photos and make it available

do you have a v2 Snackbar?

#163 5 years ago

sorry about the delay Yelobird and any others out there waiting, life gets in the way at times

so anyone no longer needing this mod let me know with a PM so I can trim the list down which won't affect a run being done as most of the hard work has been done now.

what was your alternate route Yelobird ?

1 week later
#169 5 years ago

parts have arrived and very happy with:
- v2.5 for the guys with v2.0 Snackbars - see photos below
- v3.4 fits nicely and currently painting - hopefully full test fit is good and finalise price next week and then finalise decals.
- v3 of my pin-light - which I use to test globes (colour and working) before going into a game and great for testing my mods prior to packing and sending.

v2.5 add on for the v2.0 guys
- remove the dome
- tap and hot glue the new lock down plate
- being tested with my new pin-torch v3 with light purple leds in both the light blades and signage - notice how the sign can pivot out of the way and once set in your game nip up to lock into the place you want which covers the graphic of the Snackbar Signage.
- installed in the game
Note: I will open up the parts to order / links in the next 12hrs and will note here and will make up a basic "how to upgrade manual" in the next few days. This will be a kit to purchase direct from Shapeways and assembles easily, along with some led parts from Comet Pinball.

IMG_0509 (resized).JPGIMG_0509 (resized).JPG
IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPG
IMG_0519 (resized).JPGIMG_0519 (resized).JPG
IMG_0527 (resized).JPGIMG_0527 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPG
IMG_0526 (resized).JPGIMG_0526 (resized).JPG

v3.0 pin-torch
- is powered by a 9 vdc battery and power reducer to 6vdc, switch and a place to store a spare bulb in the end when traveling to protect or simply store a backup and has a wider base to allow for standing up.. Wife and daughter stole v1 and v2 and use as there book lights lol....
IMG_0501 (resized).JPGIMG_0501 (resized).JPG
IMG_0505 (resized).jpgIMG_0505 (resized).jpg

#171 5 years ago

For those guys contemplating the v3.0 that have a v2.0

Here is a link for the back lit 3D Snack Bar signage (v2.5 upgrade) from Shapeways, which I will have a basic manual of how to perform the upgrade and what parts to get from Comet Pinball. This fits all Snackbar v2.0's and replaces the red dome for that cool neon look signage and gives the playfield a nice glow and up to you what colour leds you install for the look that you are after.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkssnackbarv2.5&sort=newest

#172 5 years ago

Here is the manual of how to assemble your Snackbar Signage for the Snackbar Mod v1.0 and v2.0 as well as links for parts.

CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdfCFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf
#177 5 years ago

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG

For those Snackbar v1.0 and V2.0 owners that live in Australia I am doing a purchase of parts from Shapeways and have enough lighting parts to make 4 signage ONLY kits.

The benefit of this is you do not have to pay for postage from from Shapeways or Comet Pinball as I will cover this but you will have to cover postage from me to you (within Australia only) - which is a saving of about $37.50 and I assembly it for you.

I have enough lighting parts for 4 complete kits as per manual and the led strip colour option is: white, amber, red, light purple, ice blue and 1 x dark blue.

If you were to get the Signage parts yourself as per manual for Australia it would be:
Shapeways - $54 parts + $15 postage + $7 GST = $76 USD
Comet Pinball - $7 parts + $15 postage + $3 GST & clearance tax = $25 USD
Total = $101 USD = $142.50 AUD (at today's conversion rates 1 to 1.41)

What I can do is the following:
Shapeways - $54 for the signage parts + $5.50 GST = $59.50 USD
Comet Pinball - $7 parts (no GST & clearance tax as have in stock) = $7 USD cost of parts
Total = $66.50USD = $94 AUD
+ box / postage from me to you so about $105AUD gift payment or $110 merch payment and it will be tapped, fully assembled and tested for you just to assemble into the game including bolt and allen key for free.

If keen let me know & pay by Tuesday night this week as finalising the order and I will need payment up front as not something I want to keep in stock if you changed your mind.

just send me a PM with your colour preference and if you need or want anything else from Shapeways and then I can send through the total and my paypal email

Cheers

Jady

PS - Spots available
Spot 1 - taken
Spot 2 -
Spot 3 -
Spot 4 -

other CFTBL parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkscftbl&sort=newest

Added over 5 years ago:

28-10-18 - Spot 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 taken

#178 5 years ago

Thanks guys
the list has closed at 5 kits (signage only) coming to me to be assembled and sent out to local Aussie's, just waiting on a few payments and then will chat soon when the parts arrive and will send them out.
Cheers
Jady

#182 5 years ago

yes Aussies only this time around, for what turned out to be 5 kits were for aussies as I had enough lighting components in stock and pooled them into one shipping from Shapeways as saves Aussies $35 in postage costs from 2 places (Shapeways and Comet) per person.

The kits do not need painting and literally take 10 minutes to assemble the mod and another 15-20 minutes to the existing mod.

Update on v3 - had to dodge crappy weather with painting but got the final coat of paint, now let it cure and do a test fit on the weekend and then finalise decals and updated SS base plate design for quoting.

Sorry it has taken a while as it is my hobby and not my full time job - I will get there.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey swinks, love what you're doing here showing love for the older mod guys.
I have the version which uses the neon wire, am I right in thinking that is a V1?
Cheers.

yes el wire lighting and 5 screws on top is a v1 Snackbar

#186 5 years ago

list has capped out and now closed - will update soon

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Just installed my 2.5 upgrade on my 2.0 mod.
Like the original, Swinks has done an amazing job engineering this to make it as stupidly simple as possible. It looks awesome! Thanks for continuing to improve this mod Jady!
The only minor issue I ran in to was with the LED strip from Comet. I bought the purple frosted strip (Comet p/n 10SMD6_3VSTRIPPF). The wired end of the strip had some kind strain relief built in that was about 1/8" - 3/16" long. The wiring did not attach right at the edge of the strip where the very first LED sits. I should have taken a picture if it before I installed everything but I didn't.
Anyway - this unlit piece was the same height as the strip itself, so I had to cut one additional LED off in order for everything to fit up in the Snack Bar sign and to have enough room to run the wires in the pivot slot.
What all that means is the "S" in "Snack Bar" doesn't have an LED directly behind it. It's still lit from the diffused light, but you can see in the picture how the "S" isn't the isn't quite as bright as the rest of the letters sign. This has nothing to do with Jady - I suspect the LED strip Comet supplied has changed from when he originally design this or maybe the frosted strips are different from the non-frosted.
I am pointing this out as a heads up to others who are upgrading. The upgrade still completely rocks and looks really cool...
Randy[quoted image]

Thanks heaps for sharing Randy, very much appreciate positive and constructive feedback.

Yes the led strip is a very tight fit and I never thought to line up a frosted and non frosted strip against each other to see if their is any difference but doubt there is much in it, though there may be slight differences in size from batch to batch from the manufacturer. When I get the aussie ones I will capture a few more photos and release an improved version of the manual. I did have to snip a corner to get a better kit and I did design the mod for the glow as near impossible to ensure a led on the strip backlights every letter perfectly.

Enjoy

#189 5 years ago

Snackbar Mod V3.0
Update 5-11-18

- firstly sorry for the delays everyone, but at least no one has money down so please bare with me and I totally understand if people drop out due to the development time or if you have sold the game since putting your name down. I want to be transparent to my supporters so please read and trust that I am trying to do my best for you all.

- parts of version 3.4c were very nice and just one slight change to the now v3.4d which is really a slight change for the allowance for extra lighting to light up the top when the Snackbar is open feature which won't come standard with the mod, as don't want to hold this off any longer for you guys patiently waiting and trying to keep the mod under a certain price. There is no guarantee that this additional feature will work the way some want it but it will be a goal down the track.

- next is the price which is still not final but I was slogged with 2 challenges recently that I never experienced with the Snackbar Mod v1 and v2.
1. any goods (3d printed parts, lighting, domes etc) coming from overseas to Australia as of July this year are now subject to an extra 10-15% import tax where before it was only on purchases over $1000 so I always stayed under $1k hence the batches of 10-12 in the past.
2. new Shapeways Pricing was introduced on the 22-10-18 which meant some parts went up 20-50% which stressed me big time and the Shapeways community is in a uproar at the moment. Over the weekend I reached out to 2 well respected pinside guys / mates in the USA that were buyers of Version 1 & 2 for some feedback / advice as I was at the point of pulling the pin and cancelling the mod all together - but I don't want to quit nor let you guys down.

- I have been heavily researching my printing options the last few days and believe I found 2 options with in Australia for the tops which immediately reduces the cost possibly by about $40 - $50 per mod as long as the quality is maintained. Yes I know some might think you could do it with a home 3d printer for a lot less - and yes I could as I have a printer but the quality is not up to my standard and I sure previous buyers can vouch for the engineering and quality that I build these and I want the parts to be solid not unstable hollow prints.

- I should have pricing back for laser cutting hopefully in the next week and then over this week and next finalise the decal design and send out at the end of next week for pricing so getting close.

- I will order a Snackbar Top from a Aussie company to check the quality this week.

- Version 2's closed out at $275 AUD and with just the import taxes on parts pushes the mod up to roughly $325 AUD at the recent exchange rate

- Version 3's were pricing in at over $425 AUD with the import taxes and shapeways price increase hence I felt this was insane and I personally was not comfortable selling at that price and got rather stressed about that. I want to get under the $400 AUD and trying my hardest to be more than just by a few dollars under $400.

I will report back soon once I have a final price and then will be touching base with everyone to see who is still in.

Also note prices are in AUD and not in USD as most of the list are US guys apart from a few aussies and a few European guys as well. And I will still maintain my promise for 5% discount to those who already bought a v1 or v2 from me or 10% discount if you bought both mods from me.

Lastly my approach to mods is basically I do it because I enjoy it and it is a hobby and hence why I have done a number of mods for CFTBL. People have said in the past I show too much, show it too early and drag people along but I like to share the journey and include them in the process and open it for them to offer tips, changes, advice etc so they feel part of the journey.

thanks for reading and respect what ever decision you make (stay in or bail)

Jady

#195 5 years ago

don't worry I am not happy at that price

#199 5 years ago

update 8-11-18

- narrowed down the professional 3d printers in Australia and ordered a sample - if good the cost of the mod is improving
- got a quote from pinballers Railways for laser cutting and they are sending me a few samples to test fit - also looking good

just have to work on and finish the decals now

#200 5 years ago

update 13-11-18

- got 2 samples of the new design plates and Railways has done a incredible job in laser cutting - these are the best ones since doing v1,v2 and now v3's. I test fitted and awesome
- picked up all the bolts and allen key hardware for a batch of 60 mods today
- sample should get here in the next few days from an aussie 3d printing company for the top only - if all good we are getting much closer
- decals left to go and template done and will use similar art but mix it up a little - open for minor changes - share your ideas - was thinking either stars on the top of silhouettes of a couple lying on the roof or similar to what has been on v1's or v2's of the original decal.

2 samples - mirror and slightly grained
IMG_0137 (resized).jpgIMG_0137 (resized).jpg

plate with locator posts
IMG_0138 (resized).jpgIMG_0138 (resized).jpg

sample plate installed - everything lines up nicely
IMG_0142 (resized).JPGIMG_0142 (resized).JPG

v3 snackbar slides and locks real nice
IMG_0144 (resized).JPGIMG_0144 (resized).JPG

#201 5 years ago

???????????????????????????????????????????????

what do people want for the Stainless Steel plate?
- mirror finish
or
- slightly grained

will be ordering the major preferenced

you don't see much of the plate once the decal goes on, but some people like one look over the other - there is no difference in the cost.

let me know

#203 5 years ago

for the aussie guys that got either a v1.5 or v2.5 signage upgrade for their existing mods - the package has left the US 2 days ago, won't be long guys.

screen-capture-27 (resized).pngscreen-capture-27 (resized).png

#205 5 years ago

thanks guys, grained plates is locked in

#206 5 years ago

update 16-11-18

Pricing

I will lock in the price of the mod at $350 AUD / Australian Dollars (excluding postage which is about $30-40 to the USD / Europe) with the Australian or Belgium made snackbar tops.

I don't know how people feel about the PRICE but I need people to send me a PM if they are still in (respond via your original message to me please) and if keen send me your POSTAL address and phone (both for shipping) to show me you are definitely keen.

I am willing to over-commit on parts for 60 mods for:
- stainless steel plates,
- all the shapeways parts (except the snackbar tops) as there is a sale at Shapeways on Cyber Monday that I will get the light blades and signage kits, as these will go up 25-40% after the 1st Jan - my attempt to keep the cost down
- decals
- and have already bought the allen keys and bolts
and then purchase 10 tops at a time to paint up in batches

If I don't get enough response / commitment via pm in the next week I will not proceed, as I need a little over 35 units just to break even on parts alone, excluding labour - so need 40 people to be committed.

I do ask that if you are on the fence or DEFINITELY NOT keen to PLEASE let me know and I will remove you off the list and I WILL NOT be offended. I am asking for your morale support to be honest if you are keen or not keen as I am still not asking for a prepayment.

And lastly these are the last 60 x Snackbar Mods ones to be made as will not be making anymore in the future.

As for timing - I estimate to paint and send out 12 units every 4-6 weeks so hopefully all delivered to people by August 2019.

I will await pm's and adjust the list as I go.

#207 5 years ago

I just had a question wanting me to define this more:

- if 40 or more people commit I will buy all the SS plates, decals, light blades and signage and comet lighting for 60 kits to keep the cost down and buy 12 tops at a time.

- if I have less than 60 of supportive people.... eg say 30 people. I will buy 60 x SS plates & decals but will only buy 30 sets of light blades, signage and lighting for those that committed. If the other say 30 people show interest at a later date the price will be subject to cost of parts at that time which at this stage would predict around $400 for the mod. If only 10 people respond I will do as little as a run of 10 only if that is all the interest and that is all that might get made, potentially EVER.

- currently making only 60 mods, and have 70 interested on the list, everyone keeps they place on the list as they are now but after next week those that committed with a pm, along with their POSTAL address and phone no: (for shipping) these people will be merged to the front of the list and the none committed ones will fall back to the back of the list and will pay more due to the pass on cost of higher prices after Cyber Monday.

Therefore this could be very limited and will await pm's

thanks

Jady

#208 5 years ago

thanks guys I am getting some responses but not everyone is giving me their full info eg.

full postal address
phone number

I have sent everyone a email so please check that as Friday 23rd November is crunch time and if not replying with the full info the list will be greatly reduced.

none of the info provided will be shared, so your privacy is respected.

regards

Jady

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

for the aussie guys that got either a v1.5 or v2.5 signage upgrade for their existing mods - the package has left the US 2 days ago, won't be long guys.
[quoted image]

unpacked and assembled today ready to repack to the 5 guys and head to you guys.

#211 5 years ago

here is a concept and open for suggestions
- for the film decal - I am wanting to capture the light shining towards the snackbar hole art on the playfield and now over the hole with the yellow and still keeping the FILM
- for the top decal - I am thinking of linking the art on the speaker panel - and will also add some stars and thinking a UFO or Creature image

* the decal on the top still will sit back 2.5mm from the edge so you will still see blue of the top
* the white outline will be the decal cut line

please share your thoughts, good, constructive, creative

screen-capture-35 (resized).pngscreen-capture-35 (resized).png

#213 5 years ago

The "Open" is the same design as v1 and v2 with roughly the same placement but in Red not blue and personally not in a great visible spot, though half the decal is not really seen throughout the 3 versions from the players perspective. At that stage people wanted it but it never was in a clear visible spot like some of the other cool art on the plastics in this game - is busy and layered.

I will get the Pantone swatches out and try and get close to the playfield art for the surrounding yellow for the FILM decal, though once in a decal, printed and the games lighting on it always looks a little different - sometimes the slightly different colour works just as well.

For the Snackbar decal
- My personal desire is to put on the ball on a pole similar to other art and like the original plastic had the back lit dome.
screen-capture-36 (resized).pngscreen-capture-36 (resized).png
screen-capture-38 (resized).pngscreen-capture-38 (resized).png

- Or a creature image / ufo in white line art and then when I hopefully release a second light the top feature in Snackbar open mod these become better seen.
screen-capture-37 (resized).pngscreen-capture-37 (resized).png
screen-capture-39 (resized).pngscreen-capture-39 (resized).png

Any ideas guys, or does everyone want a similar decal and colouring to the Version 1 or 2, I will work on my 2 ideas and put it out there hopefully over the next couple of nights.

#214 5 years ago

A little update for the guys waiting for their mods. They arrived a few days ago and I have fitted them up, tested and mailed out to the 6 aussies, Enjoy.

Also for anyone tempted for any repro parts, mods, pinball tools Shapeways is having a 15% Cyber Monday sale this week - I should know the code soon.

#215 5 years ago

here are 3 concepts that I have come up with, would like people to chime in on their preference as only going to print one of them, and happy to tweak / swap colours

screen-capture-40 (resized).pngscreen-capture-40 (resized).png

#222 5 years ago

thanks guys for voting

tonight I will finalise a design down to a refined 2 designs taking people's comments into account

#1 - Orange Snackbar - rework the OPEN colouring and maybe using #2 FILM decal as a set
#2 - Pink Snackbar - try the neon tubes in yellow to make it more fitting and keep # FILM

The reason for the transition on the FILM from yellow to orange is the playfield has a transition of 2 different yellows

#223 5 years ago

Also the list is closing tomorrow night Australian Time so if you haven't replied to a recent email message please do so otherwise you will drop off the list, please check your emails that you gave me.

and check your JUNK MAIL, the email is from a "pipedreams" or "swinks"

#224 5 years ago

a quick concept merging elements of #1 into #2, personally I like the blend and was leaning to the pink but needed some more pop

PLEASE
- UP VOTE - if you like it
- DOWN VOTE - if you don't like it

and give some feedback if you have any suggestions

screen-capture-41 (resized).pngscreen-capture-41 (resized).png

#226 5 years ago

totally agree j_m_

I think the pink with the vibrant blue is the pick - thanks for the tweak

locked in.......

#227 5 years ago

ok, only about 30hrs left to let me know if you are keen & committed for the mod and then the list is closed and locked in only for those listed below.

- started with 75 people
- 8 people let me know they dropped out
- 33 people are let me know they are still in
- 34 people have not responded

Here is the list of people locked in for the mod (33 pinsiders):
Soulrider911
Joshmx19
freegame450
Manny65
Manny65
Adsnems
davidmhoggan
Xerxes
dhawk
2Fun
j_m_
john17a
jfh
Jodannar
cubesnake
Malibu-SS
10pingrn
Toucanf16
DesTheopta
mrbillisphere
Mank
Mtg381
FtrMech
gameroompinball
metal-mods
brett
Guzz4851
paragon07
locke987
Wharhed
RaoulJuke
Baboon
Magicchiz

If you are not on the list above but were on the list originally, then I haven't received your response from last weeks post here and to a detailed email to your email address that you gave me. I need you to confirm the following by the end of Friday 23rd November if you are keen and committed:
Full name
Full Address
Phone Number

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Too bad so many haven’t responded. You’ve given plenty of notice.
Or maybe I spend too much time on Pinside!

Yes and No

Yes it is a little sad
but
No I am not surprised

I doubt I will be making anymore after these, so these will be extremely limited

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Oh I am still struggling on this one. My creature is currently not at home due to a renovation in my house and I can really need the money elsewhere in the renovation. Also the value on mods on my creature is pricing it out of the market...so it must be a keeper....And then there is the PinballSP video mod...that will not be cheap....still have time until tomorrow to decide...

no dramas if you don't want to go ahead, I am not worried either way but the line in the sand is tomorrow night as I have to spend a chunk of money over the weekend to take advantage of the weekends sales to keep the price as suggested and will be too expensive next year with the price rises for various parts.

all the best

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I tried to purchase the components for the v2.5 snack bar mod on the shapeways site but it would not apply the discount code. Are these items not included in the sale? Thanks

I got a email from Shapeways a few days ago saying Cyber Monday is the sale day for the public to purchase designs with a discount. They have done it weird this year.

Creator Sale | November 22-26
15% off your own model, including those made with our Creator Apps and on Spring & Wonder

Design with Shapeways Sale | November 22-26
25% off your initial design package

Cyber Monday Sale | November 26 only
15% off sitewide on own model and Shapeways marketplace

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey swinks, I'll apologise first as I think I've been a moron and misunderstood...
I'm a v1 owner from the UK and would like to upgrade to add the sign. Are there any upgrade packages left for this or would I have to order all of the parts separately.
Thanks!

You are not a moron mate, all good and never dumb questions.

I only did 6 kits for aussies recent as I was ordering a few other things and saved them postage. Postage from me to you is roughly $30, so cheaper from Shapeways to you and there is no painting of the parts.

Also check out if Comet Pinball has any sales - good weekend to buy and save a few dollars.

#238 5 years ago

For those getting the mod, I went to Comet's site to order all the lighting and selling out of alot of the lighting and want to secure some for the first batch at least.

The photos below is of a v2 with the signage so the v3 will look similar but the tubes are more rounded now and I have run out of all the purple due to the kits I sent out for upgrades.

So please cast your votes between now and midnight EST as then placing orders on the majority voted.

UP VOTE
for blue tubes with purple signage

Snack Bar Sign (resized).jpgSnack Bar Sign (resized).jpg

DOWN VOTE
for purple tubes with purple signage

IMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPG

My preference is blue for the long neon tubes and purple for the signage (amber looks good as well in the signage but purple looks the best)

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Sorry, catching up on your post. I was on the preorder for v3. Now that I see that there is a conversion for the v2, I'm going to buy that kit. I love your kit and I really like the idea that with the conversion I have the flexibility to go back to the dome or the sign.
Great work, as always. And I figured that Shapeways would be having some kind of sale over the holidays, so I would order the parts then. Cheers.

no worries, will take you off the list and yes that was the reason for the upgrade for previous owners so they can upgrade

Cyber Monday is Shapeways sale, 15% and code should be on their front page on the day.

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tried to order the sign upgrade parts from Shapeways for v2 and it says black Friday code does not work for this? Any recommendation.

yes , Cyber Monday is for the public to buy models

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Ok, put me down on the list. As my machines already got a lot of your mods, this one will be added. I like the Blue with Purple.
Will that be a 6v lightstrip attached to current GI? If so it is easily changed afterwards by yourself or am I missing something here?

super easy, as it is just a socket bulb with an adaptor, you can restore the game back to original in 10 minutes

#247 5 years ago

Thanks everyone, the list is closed and we have 37 people, so have started ordering parts and will post updates as I progress. Along with that are 3 prototypes, 1st was a dud and the other 2 are good. So a total of 40 x Snackbar v3.0's.

I will be making 3 batches (12, 12, 13) and since there is a waiting period for the tops and then painting, a batch won't be ready before Christmas but hoping early / mid Jan. And all mods will be fitted with light blue lighting behind the neon tubes and purple for the signage.

The final people are:
Soulrider911
j_m_
Joshmx19
freegame450
PeterG
Manny65
Manny65
Adsnems
davidmhoggan
Xerxes
dhawk
2Fun
john17a
jfh
Jodannar
aztarac
cubesnake
Malibu-SS
10pingrn
Toucanf16
DesTheopta
mrbillisphere
Mank
Mtg381
FtrMech
gameroompinball
metal-mods
Pinball_Syd
brett
Guzz4851
paragon07
locke987
Wharhed
RaoulJuke
Baboon
Magicchiz
Coindork

Chat soon.
Jady

#248 5 years ago

I got a mate to print some basic decals on sticky paper and then do a dodgy hand cut out to test the look and looks the part.

IMG_0242 (resized).jpgIMG_0242 (resized).jpg

You will also notice the neon tubes are now more rounded and stick out from the front face of the building for the more realistic look and is more visible from the players eye level.

Note: I ran out of purple lighting for the sign so used some amber that I had left over.

IMG_0253 (resized).JPGIMG_0253 (resized).JPG

IMG_0255 (resized).jpgIMG_0255 (resized).jpg

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerxes:

Hi Jady...
was just wondering how hard would it be to change the colour of the Snack Bar signage light?
Having just looked at the latest photos I really like the look of the Red/Orange signage, stands out as a contrast against the blue tubes much more than the purple signage.
Decals look good too!
all the best
Xerxes

Thanks
It really comes down to personal taste but changing out the colour is a simple job, especially with the top being a slide and lock with one screw only takes 5-10 minutes depending on experience to remove and change the strip. I will detail in the manual.
Unfortunately all my lighting just left comet so am locked into the purple but for about $4 the colour can be changed by going here and getting one of these.
https://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-10-SMD-5050-6-3V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/10smd6.3vstrip.htm

cheers
Jady

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

shapeways code is now active for 15% off.

Thanks Mrbill

Anyone wanting some parts from Shapeways - Cyber Monday Sale
The Code is HAPPYMONDAY at the checkout point which gives you 15% off

all Swinks stuff
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest

Pinball Tools
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkstool&sort=newest

Pinball Repro Parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksrepro&sort=newest

#253 5 years ago

Shapeways extended the sale with the 15% off for another day to the end of Tuesday so grab a v1.0 or v.20 upgrade signage.

Shapeways prices will be going up 10-15% on plastics and up to 40% on the clear print so now is the chance to upgrade.

for the CFTBL signage gear, here is the link
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkssnackbar

1 week later
#255 5 years ago

A small Snackbar Mod v3.0 update to let people know the progress of their mods.

This is the status of all the parts for 38 kits:

Stainless steel parts - ordered and waiting to be made
Locators, light blades, Snack Bar signage - 75% made and the clear sign sections are held up with huge Cyber Monday sales
Lighting from Comet - arrived and in stock
Decals - in the post and arriving soon
Hardware (bolts, nuts and allen key etc) - arrived and in stock
Paint (undercoat and final coat) - ordered and arriving by end of next week
Snackbar tops - 3 samples made with the final slight tweak as included a few slight upgrade features. Ordering first 10 units tonight for the first 10 guys and hope to get ithem before Christmas from a Aussie company soi can paint over the holidays.

So once all the parts get here it will be full steam ahead and sorry no one will get one before Christmas.

cheers

Jady

#262 5 years ago

looks great gac , and noticed you have the drive-in speaker as well

looks like you have cars at the drive art blades, where are they from?

whats the mod in the back rhs that is glowing

#269 5 years ago

cheers for that gac , and no harm sharing a link, looks cool and he has some cool gear

and thanks for the support in the other gear.

#271 5 years ago

decals turned up today and am happy with them - they look nice and fit well.

In total I ended up with 4 proto-types, one is not useable so will go in the display case (has the movie screen decal) and 3 other protos have slight variances (hidden differences) and will have the proto decals - which I only got a couple of out of curiousity and for the fun of it. The 3 other protos have been allocated in which these people being aware of the slight variances compared to the production run models. proto No: 3 & 4 are still in paint.

here is proto No: 1 - non useable
- with the blue FILM decal and Movie Screen Snackbar Decal
- light purple neon and amber sign
IMG_0643 (resized).jpgIMG_0643 (resized).jpg
IMG_0644 (resized).JPGIMG_0644 (resized).JPG

here is proto No: 2 - allocated
- with the yellow FILM decal and orange arrow
- light blue neon and amber sign
IMG_0645 (resized).jpgIMG_0645 (resized).jpg
IMG_0646 (resized).JPGIMG_0646 (resized).JPG

Note:
1. you will notice the neon in the proto No:2 in which all the production versions will be the same which is curved and steps out the front and gives you a cool extra dimension and gets back to the Snackbar v1 el wire version. There is some slight adjustment in the stepping out to vary the look to your liking.
2. no screws in the top for a nice clean look and one screw in the front, undo a few turns and the top simply slides towards the apron forward 5-6mm and then lifts up.
3. photos never capture the true look as they show over and under saturation in the lighting but this is a close representation and both the neon and sign will never be 100% backlit purely due to the design (so much going on underneath) which was similar to the v2 Snackbar
4. I am working on a add-on mod for top lighting to flash the top when the snackbar opens to glow the top which you can purchase separately when you and if you want it - I will provide a how to manual in time - waiting on the additional bracket and final testing.

hope that helps people and I am getting closer to stocking all the parts, with decals now in and all the paint ready for pickup, now just waiting on tops, signage parts and stainless steel plates to allow production to start.

cheers

Jady

#274 5 years ago

yes, totally agree, pick looks awesome, you v1 came out a treat with the sign and new el wire.

as for bending, there is a trick to bending so it sits nicely in, you run the el wire through your fingers and create a curne in the opposite direction and then when you sit it into the groove it sits fairly snug.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Loosened both wires and used you tip...Perfect!! thanks....mark

Awesome mark, enjoy

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Looks amazing, all of it. I want one of everything if possible. This thread is long and from skimming it I’m not exactly sure what to click on once I get to your site to make the purchase? Any help is appreciated and I’m eager to give you money.

The snackbar mod is not available via website but via no money down preorder list which is closed and full, sorry

I am currently refurbishing my snackbar v2 back to new, repainting, new decals and with a new sign on top so it will be upgraded. Send me a pm if interested and taking photos of before and after.

#280 5 years ago

Just so everyone is aware my access to the net / email / Pinside is very limited as a lightening strike nearby last night fried our modems, router, phones so wont be around much for a few days

#281 5 years ago

Update - 21-12-18

- Stainless Steel plates should arrive today and the new supplier is into the pinball game making pinballs parts as a side business and does an awesome job - the protos were the best quality I have every received.

- A batch of 10 x 3d printed Snackbar parts arrived 2 days ago from an Aussie Manufacturer but I rejected them due to heavy curling - they weren't happy but I was not going to supply inferior product. I have switched back to getting the tops from my regular Belgium (Europe) supplier - good thing is they have a new machine that does higher print quality but I will be lucky to get parts before mid Jan.

My apologies about the delays, as this is not typical for me and I am a little embarrassed about constantly delaying.

Everyone have a great Christmas break with your family and friends and may 2019 be an awesome year for all.

Regards

Jady

santa pinball (resized).jpgsanta pinball (resized).jpg

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Nobody doubts a swinks mod is coming when he says it does, and you know when it arrives it will be the best quality possible. Can't wait to see these getting installed on machines.
I just need you to find a way to make this mod fit the cftbl hole on MB now

thanks mate and looking forward to these going into games as well

as for MB, been a wish pin for myself for a long time, maybe something can be custom designed - but does it suit the theme ?

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Probably not but to me it ties CFTBL and MB together with sharing the character, nothing ties the theme as well as your mod with the actual CFTBL game though. Schools out and I'm on break! Have a great holiday swinks!

I reckon I can do a custom one for you, after I complete these 40 mods for everyone.

Have a awesome holiday as well Tsskinne

1 week later
#288 5 years ago

Update 28-12-18

It has taken longer than I had hoped but here is the manual for the released v3.0 Snackbar mod for those on the list which is limited to 40 people along with 3 people that wanted the prototypes. Prototypes are completed and parts are almost in for the production mods to roll out in early 2019. My apologies for the delays and your patience.

CFTBL Snackbar Mod v3.0 - Manual rev1.pdfCFTBL Snackbar Mod v3.0 - Manual rev1.pdf

#291 5 years ago

just listed 2 x Snackbar v2.0 Mods for sale in the below thread in case anyone wants to pick one of those up and save a few dollars or for anyone that missed on the v3.0 Snackbar Mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-snackbar-mod-v20/page/6#post-4757092

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Jady,
Your work is awesome. Not just the mods, but the whole package; the vision, mod, communication, transparency, organizational skills, detailed manuals, continuous improvement, patience with customers...
Did I read somewhere this is the end of the line line for the Snackbar mod?
I'm curious to see what's next in store...

Thanks for your kind words, but I also must give a big thanks to everyone for their patience waiting for this version to come out and the support I have had up to this point.

Yes this will be the end of the line with only 40 x v3.0's being made over the next 3 months and then that's it or at least for a few years. I have got a heap of other ideas & projects and just not getting to them

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I hope they're pinball related!

yes they are, even though I sometimes wonder why I hang in there with pinball, I do love it.

1 week later
#296 5 years ago

good news.....

I now have everything except the tops to do 40 kits, BUT I did get 10 tops from Belgium which just arrived today and I will order another 15 tops in the next few days. I will start tapping holes and sand prepping over the next few days and start painting by the weekend. So not long for the first 10 guys (will pm soon to prep you), thanks again for your patience.

IMG_0412 (resized).JPGIMG_0412 (resized).JPG
#298 5 years ago

thnks for sharing Scott and great idea for linking the sign to the I in FILM near the flippers, I never thought of that.

#300 5 years ago

thanks @AstroZombies, I'm really happy you like the mod and able to follow the manual

as for the production, tapping holes and painting starts tomorrow and ordered another run of tops so these will start to roll out in a few weeks

1 week later
#302 5 years ago

10 mods of the 40 almost done and hope to finish by tomorrow / Monday and then will be in touch for payment and post out.

IMG_0429 (resized).jpgIMG_0429 (resized).jpg
#303 5 years ago

10 mods are done and will be sending pm's tonight to the first 10 people

IMG_0433 (resized).JPGIMG_0433 (resized).JPG
#304 5 years ago

also, as vaguely mentioned earlier there is a lighting upgrade now also in which I factored a slot for the wiring to pass through in the bottom of the snackbar top. The top lighting upgrade adds a replacement for flashing dome for when the snackbar is open as that feature was lost due to the sign add on.

I will be supplying the plug, socket and linking wiring as a bonus freebie for the production run mods but you need to make or purchase the shapeways bracket yourselves directly and supply your own #555 wedge bulb. Due to the many bulb types this will be a little bit of trial to determine the best type of globe to fit to suit your taste. I started with a purple but went for a side lighting white / clear bulb.

I will update the manual tonight with this add on feature.

the upgrade bracket and lighting
IMG_0441 (resized).JPGIMG_0441 (resized).JPG

notice the purple bulb behind the post
IMG_0442 (resized).JPGIMG_0442 (resized).JPG

looking down the top of the mod with the feature off
IMG_0473 (resized).JPGIMG_0473 (resized).JPG

looking down the top of the mod with the feature on
IMG_0474 (resized).JPGIMG_0474 (resized).JPG

#305 5 years ago

Update email sent out to everyone on the list (which is now full) and then sent payment pm's to the first 10 people as the mods are ready to send out.

cheers

Jady

#306 5 years ago

just a short update and mainly those waiting for me to send the mod out. I decided to home 3d print the additional lighting bracket so people don't have to pay for a single bracket from Shapeways.

They can purchase one if this one breaks or if you want a different colour.

cheers

Jady

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from archangel103198:

Do you still have the purple snack bar mod available. We would love to add this to our machine. Please let us know. Thank you

all 40 are accounted for, but if anyone drops then 1-2 may become available....

#311 5 years ago

Then please add me to the list as we definitely want one. It looks amazing and would be a great addition to our machine. Please contact directly at [email protected] would be happy to leave a pay for one now if it becomes available. Thank you

send me a pm with full name, address, email to lock in a position - though NO promises

maybe remove your email on this thread for your own privacy reasons

#312 5 years ago

Pay for it now lol, not sure what the previous post meant.

I don't take money until the mods are ready to post out but people have been patiently waiting for close to a year (life gets in the way sometimes) and all 40 spots are reserved as only making 40.

#314 5 years ago

Relatively new to this forum, how do I send a pm?

all good, just replied to your pm - you will see a letter jumping up and down in the top right of your screen

#315 5 years ago

1st batch is out the door and starting on the second batch today, sanding and start undercoating the next 10.

chat soon batch 2 guys.

#316 5 years ago

Update 23-1-19

Latest v2.0 manual added to cover the additional top lighting upgrade. Please disregard v1.0 manual for this mod.

CFTBL Snackbar Mod v3.0 - Manual rev2.pdfCFTBL Snackbar Mod v3.0 - Manual rev2.pdf
#317 5 years ago

Update 28-1-19

The next 10 have just been painted and will cure for a few days before decals go on, so will be chatting to the next batch of guys at the end of this week / weekend as should be ready to post out about the 4th Feb - accept waiting on some Comet Pinball wiring pieces for the lights.

cheers

Jady

1 week later
#319 5 years ago

Update 4-2-19

Batch 2 is finished and packing tomorrow night, I have sent emails to those next 10 people tonight (batch 2 guys) getting them ready for payment - aiming for a bulk post out on Friday 8th (Aus Time) as got a insane few days at work.

Final 20 snackbar tops currently being made by imaterialise and should start painting 10 units around the 15th Feb and hopefully be ready by the end of Feb / 1st week of March all going well.

cheers

Jady

1 week later
#323 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dam that is sexy. The game as it should have been imagined from the factory. Looks Awesome! I just wish the game didn’t kick my butt every time. Lol

thanks for the compliments from one modder to another, much appreciated.

#325 5 years ago

that is great going postage wise....

glad you love it, thanks for sharing

cheers
Jady

#327 5 years ago

Xerxes was very lucky as normally 12-14 days to Europe / USA / Canada, must of timed it well with a plane out of Aus.

hope yours turns up soon @peterg, maybe chase up your post office as checked from my end and they said they attempted twice on the 9th and no longer tried. In Aus after 7 days at the Post Office they return to sender.

#329 5 years ago

Awesome, what a relief

#331 5 years ago

thanks for sharing, enjoy...

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Are there any still available for sale, or any chance of a future run?

All the ones remaining to be painted are allocated with a few addition people on a reserve list hoping for drop outs.

If I did make them again it would not be for a while = not this year at least.

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:Any of the older versions available?

only if a few of the guys that are upgrading sell their older versions.

1 week later
#338 5 years ago

I will try to help bsbdmd83 , the extra light feature that was added as a freebie last minute was due to early requests in which I had a concept in mind but the results can vary greatly depending on the bulb chosen. I tend to use Comet bulbs due to the matrix strips etc so I borrowed a image from their site that gave an artist impression of what their different bulbs do. That being said there are so many bulbs out there, just experiment with different ones.

The bulb location was chosen so it isn't directly seen but adds lighting to that area when the feature is on. I personally went for a side emitting led.

screen-capture (resized).pngscreen-capture (resized).png
screen-capture-1 (resized).pngscreen-capture-1 (resized).png

#339 5 years ago

Update 27-2-19

next batch of 11 are nearly completed with the tops curing for a few days before I fit decals and finish off the other smaller parts - aiming to be completed by the end of this weekend. So for those people look out for your email and pinside pm.

Then within the next 1-2 weeks I will start the last production batch of 11 to fulfill the last batch of people which should be completed by the end of March, thanks again for everyone's patience.

regards

Jady

#340 5 years ago

next 11 are complete and emails / messages will go out later today and will box, going to the beach with my family

IMG_0667 (resized).JPGIMG_0667 (resized).JPG
#341 5 years ago

last batch update:

all the tops are in (can see them in the above photo (dark grey parts)), comet pinball ran out of some blue and purple light strips early Feb so hopefully back in stock and will order soon, BUT my biggest delay is paint as used up all the major stocks of tamiya coral blue in Australia so wont' get the rest until end of March but bought a few off ebay for a little dearer to get a few done.

cheers

Jady

#342 5 years ago

Update 4-3-19

- 8 of the 11 have been posted and tracking links have been sent to those pinsiders
- waiting on payment for the remaining 3 people

Also note: post time to the US is 10-14 days on average

cheers

Jady

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

How long do you generally give guys before you move on down the list?

I send an email and pinside pm when they are ready and I then give them 7 days to respond, and if they don't send me a message and ignore the messages but I can see that they have been on pinside they are taken off the list after 7-8 days

I don't get upset if they don't want it anymore considering I took forever to make these, line up changes, bills come in, so I respect peoples situation, but just ask people to let me know if no longer keen as currently have 4 people waiting in the reserve list with only a small run of 11 left to paint

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hands down one of the best mods out there for any game. Jady kills in it quality and customer service!

Thanks Tommy, means alot, and I really do appreciate the support from repeat buyers that have bought either a v1 or v2 and now a v3 and some people have bought every version - which really blows me away. A huge big thanks from downunder.

#350 5 years ago

Update 8-3-19

I have emailed the last 11 guys on the production list, so they know they are still on the list and minor delays due to coral blue tamiya paint shortage in Aus because apparently I purchased most of their stock

cheers

Jady

#351 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

If you decide to build a list for a future run put me on it please

I was actually disappointed in myself on this v3 run from the perspective that it took me so long from design to production. I will be taking a break after these as I want to do some reno's (build a small gameroom) and work on some other projects so due to the time frame I won't create a list rather next time have a version ready to go, show and say who is on and start making.

I personally am quite happy with the v3 release but anal me can see some ever so slight upgrades that could be done next time round, but the cost of the parts is getting closer to the point where I feel it is too expensive.

#352 5 years ago

Lastly I encourage anyone that is or has upgraded to post in this thread that you have an older version for sale - now is the time to make it available if you haven't sold it already.

all the best

Jady

#356 5 years ago

looks great and I think 3 got delivered on the same day so delivery time frame was awesome

thanks for sharing and letting me know that it arrived safe n sound

#357 5 years ago

I just got notification that 7 of the 11 people would of got their mods in the last 12 hours - so postage time was awesome this time round

#359 5 years ago

The voltage shouldn’t be a issue, the issue could be the globe, the leads little plug or the socket.

I check everything before packing but the leads plug can be touchy if given a tug. Also rotate the led 180 degrees as some bulbs are not universal into a socket

Let me if you need to do any further problem solving

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Want one too, I am picking up my CFTBL next friday and this mod looks awesome.
What's the price? (Ship to NL).

gonna be hard as limited run and too many names at this stage, will put you on "hope to be lucky - reserve list" - absolute no promises

#367 5 years ago

that's great everyone, stoked you got them and appreciating the design and looks, enjoy

cheers

Jady

2 weeks later
#368 5 years ago

Update 30-3-19

found just enough paint from a Sydney store to finish painting 4 of the last 11 units and will carry out the the final assembly and decals this weekend and be in touch with those guys in the next few hours as will be ready to ship Monday / Tuesday.

As for the other 7 units, these have been undercoated and prepped and waiting on TS-41 paint to finish - not long guys - just a paint shortage in Aus.

cheers
Jady

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Looking forward to your next project!

2 mechanical mods for ghostbusters planned soon - see if I can pull those off

and

then back on to my custom pinball (mainly Tube Time, but also came up with some sweet ramp ideas and cooters kickback (both fresh ideas) that I want to nut out for my Dukes of Hazzard design while it is in my head)

DoH7.1 (resized).pngDoH7.1 (resized).png

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

John Schneider is an old friend of mine,perhaps I can get him to sign your game for you.

oooh, how cool, there's motivation right there..... definitely brought a smile to my dial

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

I’m keen on your ghostbusters mods, please put me down on the list.
Cheers
Trevor

thanks for the support Trevor, will start a dedicated thread when I have protos working and go from there

cheers
Jady

#377 5 years ago

your game looks great, thanks for sharing...

#379 5 years ago

Update - 5-4-19

a small batch of paint came in for the remainder of the production batch, weather is not good for painting today, but hoping the weekend will be kinder

cheers

Jady

IMG_0827 (resized).JPGIMG_0827 (resized).JPG
#380 5 years ago

Update 10-4-19

- the tops are all painted as had some good weather, just going to let them cure until the weekend before fitting decals
- all the other parts are assembled and ready to fit after decals
- will be in touch with the final 7 people by Friday night Aus time to see if they are still keen along with payment details.
- ready to pack and send Monday to Wednesday, and then I am away Thursday 18th through to Easter Monday 22nd
- due to 3 public holidays here in Aus I am sure that postage will be slightly affected.

will be in touch soon guys

cheers Jady

#382 5 years ago

I sent the last 7 guys their notification for payment and if anyone drops out I have another 8 people waiting in background ready to pounce.

cheers

Jady

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Installed min last night.
Really top quality and looks amazing.
Thanks Jady
I'm soooo stoked to have this. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great and glad you love it, thanks for letting me know and sharing with others

1 week later
#385 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Finally installed mine yesterday, looks great. One question, I used the bulb with the wire and seems to work, but the Snackbar sign seems to ghost a bit. Is there another way to install so this is solved?

the Snackbar Sign and light blades do use a GI socket which does pulse a little at times through game play which is normal and possibly because the sign is bright brings the attention to you, and I know for me was not aware of the variation of the GI until I tapped into it. Some guys have also tapped the signage into the "I" of "FILM" down near the flippers so the sign only comes on when the Snackbar is open.

Also check the wire connects of the plugs underneath the mod as maybe one is not seated 100% and is flickering a little more than it should, which could of happened during post travel or in connecting up.

#387 4 years ago

still CFTBL but not snackbar

anyone need plastics for a home project. I came across some art years ago so grouped together and created print file and a laser cut file,

have fun
Creature Plastics Laser.pdfCreature Plastics Laser.pdfCreature Plastics.pdfCreature Plastics.pdf

#389 4 years ago

Well all the production mods of v3 have been posted out - enjoy and thank you for the continued support from many of you as well as the many other supporters in version 1,2 and 3. It has been an experience which I have enjoyed alot, in which these took alot of time, but stoked to gain some great pin mates and have some good chats with some of you along the way as well as getting positive and constructive feedback along the way which helped the Snackbar evolve and helped me alot to see people enjoying them.

I have been getting some pm's in the last few days asking to go on wait lists etc, so

I am in the midst of finishing off 5 x v3 "custom"'s which is a costing experiment to see how much these have increased in price with the Shapeways 2019 pricing structure as many of the parts I purchased in Nov 2018 during a cyber Monday sale which I will detail later my game plan there, but in short no more wait lists and no more Snackbars for 2019.

Unfortunately for those wishing to grab one of these, these 5 x "custom"'s are all currently spoken for as they have been allocated to the last 5 people on the wait list waiting in hope to get a Snackbar v3. The only chance of any of these being available is if any of the 5 people don't like the one made available for them as I am mixing it up a little. Then if any are remaining I will post in this thread what is left and first in gets the Snackbar worm.

What makes these "custom"?
- they have "custom" added to the inside under the swinks logo
IMG_0815 (resized).jpgIMG_0815 (resized).jpg
- they will all have an additional pearl clear coat added to the snackbar's base colour (there will be 4 x coral blue's and 1 x black)
- all signage will be amber lighting similar to the playfield art, though tubes remain ice blue
- and a couple of other minor things
- also I rounded some edges a little more and made one access hole underneath a little bigger.

I will detail costing and total number of Snackbars soon once I nut that out.

photos of the customs will be added in a few weeks

thanks everyone for your support

cheers
Jady

1 week later
#390 4 years ago

finally got some paint and got 2 coats on over the weekend, not long

1 week later
#392 4 years ago

update 25-5-19

well, finally finished the last 5 x customs (which brings the tally to 50 v3 Snackbars in circulation)
"Custom" (resized).jpg"Custom" (resized).jpg

each of these being different in various ways to the productions ones and each with a coat of pearl clearcoat to add a little touch to the finish. Each with amber lighting in the sign and various combinations of decals.

5xCustoms (resized).JPG5xCustoms (resized).JPG

as for cost, due to shapeways increased prices these come up at $385AUD + postage but these are selling for $355AUD + postage as were a cost trial. I won't be doing anymore in 2019 and for me to sell in the future I will have to work out a way to lower the cost but I will wait until 2020 to work that out as need a break.

5 guys are patiently waiting their turn to pick one of the five and if anyone drops out or doesn't like the options when it is their turn these will be up on pinside as a first in first served to purchase.

#395 4 years ago

Well it has been an adventure doing these and I got the mod to a point that I was very happy with it especially the signage.

All 5 x "customs" have been sold and paid for and no more will be made at least this year and maybe in the future I will make more only if I can find a way to reduce the costs as recent Shapeways cost increases and crappy exchange rate just isn't worth making these at the moment.

That said if you are handy and a CFTBL lover I have limited supplies of stainless steel plates and decals and just wrote a manual on the weekend of how to paint and assemble a kit version with a step by step guide and BOM list etc. A French guy and Aussie guy are currently going down this road so they don't miss out on the Snackbar Mod. BUT this is only an offer to the guys passionate about CFTBL and own a CFTBL who want to add this retro mod to your game and NOT available for anyone wanting to buy multiple plates and decals, make and sell these to make a profit or to copy as I will get back to these but have a few other projects that I want to tackle.

Hit me up if you want to go down the kit path. The tops will have "kustom" embossed in the underside so years later people can identify the difference between the mods. "k" = kit instead of "c"

If you need spares for your current v3 mod for down the track you can go to this link.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=snackbarv3kustom&sort=newest

Thanks for all the kind words, support, trust, appreciation and input while doing these, it meant alot and kept me going.

all the best

Jady

#397 4 years ago

yes have to say a few guys especially j_m_ have been great supporters and purchasing every version which I greatly appreciate the incredible support

also for the v1.0 and v2,0 models there is the sign upgrade additional mod to add that v3 look, check this thread out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-sign-upgrade-for-the-snackbar-mod-v10-amp-v20

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Has anybody got a V3.0 snackbar mod that they would like to sell? Would consider 2.0 but rather 3.0
thanks

you could go a v2.0 with the sign upgrade option for the v3.0 look

#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Way, Way off topic.....
But, i think a version of this on the Woz mini munchkin playfield above the rainbow targets would look great, maybe even color changing.
Just saying, when you get bored and want to work on WOZ.

tee up a WOZ on loan for me and I would gladly do this

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Awww, was and have had this thought for awhile since I spotted your mod.

post a picture of where and your thoughts, maybe all I need is a plastic to get dimensions from... got me curious as well

#406 4 years ago

so are you thinking something that goes on top of the playfield or covers the wood edge and then it spells RAINBOW?

#408 4 years ago

ok, gotcha, let me know if you know of a mini playfield for sale

1 week later
#412 4 years ago
Quoted from gandalfnet:

ISO of a V3 snack bar mod, MSG price!
thanks!

another option is to purchase the parts and paint yourself a kit version, send me your email address if you want to go that route and I can send you a "how to" manual

cheers

Jady

#413 4 years ago

a couple of people are chasing these they were wondering where they went around the world, lots in the USA but a rare item in Europe & New Zealand.

These numbers of what left me to the original owners, I know of a recent v2 leaving the USA to The Netherlands, so these numbers are at the point of original sale.
screen-capture-28 (resized).pngscreen-capture-28 (resized).png

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Haha...i know both in the netherlands

so 3 in the Netherlands

#417 4 years ago

got this photo from a Frenchman that built a mod from the kit manual / option - he is just waiting on lighting

french kit (resized).jpgfrench kit (resized).jpg
#418 4 years ago

and the Frenchman now has lighting and installed

french mod (resized).jpgfrench mod (resized).jpg
#419 4 years ago

For anyone still wanting a Snackbar Mod, I have enough parts for 9 kits left with 6 sold already - so will be limited to 15 Snackbar "kustom" Mods

here is the "kustom" v4 manual if you are keen to go down the DIY route otherwise I "may" make more sometime in 2020.

CFTBL Snackbar 3.0 kustom kit - Manual rev4.pdfCFTBL Snackbar 3.0 kustom kit - Manual rev4.pdf

Added over 5 years ago:

closing off the kit option and removing soon off Shapeways

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-snackbar-mod-v3-2018?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.