• 422 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL Snackbar 3.0 kustom kit - Manual rev4.pdf (PDF preview)
french mod (resized).jpg
french kit (resized).jpg
screen-capture-28 (resized).png
20150518_165823_1600 (resized).jpg
99-010133-00_munchkin_land_assy_WOZ (resized).jpg
5xCustoms (resized).JPG
IMG_0815 (resized).jpg
Creature Plastics.pdf (PDF preview)
Creature Plastics Laser.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2779 (resized).jpg
IMG_2776 (resized).jpg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpg
IMG_0827 (resized).JPG
IMG_0611 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

Swinks, you know I'm a big fan of your work. If anyone has any doubts about Swinks' work toss them aside. The quality and craftmanship that goes into everything he does is crazy. Hours of work. Hours of thought. Hours of care.

Swinks, my only suggestion, and I don't know if this is even possible, is to synchronize the LED lighting on the Snack Bar with the callout. So when you hear "The snack bar is now open" and the DMD shows the sign flash a couple times and then light up have your v3 version do the exact same thing. Again, I don't know how you would trigger this but I think it would be awesome to see your mod finally interact with the game without being to standout-ish.

1 week later
#39 5 years ago

Swinks, can you bleed the light into the sign from underneath so it lights up? Kinda like lazoriffic toppers do?

I'm not sure I like the plate on the front. The mismatch colours are not appealing to me.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

tough crowd ... lol
the image is merely a concept of showing "Snack Bar" in the playfield font and it curved and the rough location similar to the playfield. The colours are not true as not finished yet as will have a black casing and back lit like the neon will be.
laseriffic topper are edge lit as the acrylic is engrave and the engraving lits up, the snackbar piece will molded acrylic so will be cloudy but backlit.
if people are not really into it I can just park the project until a better solution comes up.

Ha! Don't let me get you down. I just wanted to provide some criticism. If everyone comes in here and says, "It's perfect!", "It's awesome!", then they aren't pushing you to be the best Swink's you can be.

#75 5 years ago

Wowzers! I am liking that Snack Bar signage now that you have the black in from of it. I wasn't feeling it better.

The screw - you won't be able to see.

The red dome - I'm undecided.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#78 5 years ago

swinks one thing to consider with the stand up signage is the possibility of the ball getting stuck behind it. Just something to keep in mind with the angles and other-what-not.

2 weeks later
#89 5 years ago

Me likey!

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Sonofabitch.... I’ve bought both v1 and v2. Now I’m going to be sending money for v3. You’re killing me, Jady.

I hear v4 will be a two story building and actual popcorn will pop out of the top of it when the snackbar opens. Better start saving now!

2 months later
#139 5 years ago

Wow. Those pictures have me more excited about this than I was. It looks really good Swinks!

2 months later
#165 5 years ago

Oh man... Now that is slick lookin'

Nice job on adding the signage to the latest version too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-snackbar-mod-v3-2018?tu=fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.