• 422 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL Snackbar 3.0 kustom kit - Manual rev4.pdf (PDF preview)
french mod (resized).jpg
french kit (resized).jpg
screen-capture-28 (resized).png
20150518_165823_1600 (resized).jpg
99-010133-00_munchkin_land_assy_WOZ (resized).jpg
5xCustoms (resized).JPG
IMG_0815 (resized).jpg
Creature Plastics.pdf (PDF preview)
Creature Plastics Laser.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2779 (resized).jpg
IMG_2776 (resized).jpg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpg
IMG_0827 (resized).JPG
IMG_0611 (resized).jpeg
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

If you decide to build a list for a future run put me on it please

I was actually disappointed in myself on this v3 run from the perspective that it took me so long from design to production. I will be taking a break after these as I want to do some reno's (build a small gameroom) and work on some other projects so due to the time frame I won't create a list rather next time have a version ready to go, show and say who is on and start making.

I personally am quite happy with the v3 release but anal me can see some ever so slight upgrades that could be done next time round, but the cost of the parts is getting closer to the point where I feel it is too expensive.

#352 5 years ago

Lastly I encourage anyone that is or has upgraded to post in this thread that you have an older version for sale - now is the time to make it available if you haven't sold it already.

all the best

Jady

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

If you decide to build a list for a future run put me on it please

What he said Looks like a must have. Great work!

#354 5 years ago

Got mine in the US 6 days after it shipped. Installed it today and it looks great!! Thanks Swinks!!!

IMG_0883 (resized).jpgIMG_0883 (resized).jpg
#355 5 years ago

so cool

#356 5 years ago

looks great and I think 3 got delivered on the same day so delivery time frame was awesome

thanks for sharing and letting me know that it arrived safe n sound

#357 5 years ago

I just got notification that 7 of the 11 people would of got their mods in the last 12 hours - so postage time was awesome this time round

#358 5 years ago

Arrived and installed yesterday!
One issue is that the bulb I installed in the upgrade kit isn't working. I used one that looks like this because I had an extra. Maybe it's the wrong voltage or just a bad bulb? I guess I should've tested it before I buttoned everything up. Any thoughts on the bulb?

CFTBL Snackbar (resized).jpgCFTBL Snackbar (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#359 5 years ago

The voltage shouldn’t be a issue, the issue could be the globe, the leads little plug or the socket.

I check everything before packing but the leads plug can be touchy if given a tug. Also rotate the led 180 degrees as some bulbs are not universal into a socket

Let me if you need to do any further problem solving

#360 5 years ago

Want one too, I am picking up my CFTBL next friday and this mod looks awesome.

What's the price? (Ship to NL).

#361 5 years ago

No chance to install yet, but already received mine as well! Will post some pics once done!! Thanks Jady!

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Want one too, I am picking up my CFTBL next friday and this mod looks awesome.
What's the price? (Ship to NL).

gonna be hard as limited run and too many names at this stage, will put you on "hope to be lucky - reserve list" - absolute no promises

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

No chance to install yet, but already received mine as well! Will post some pics once done!! Thanks Jady!

Yep - mine arrived as well. Thanks Jady! Will be installing this evening.

Added over 5 years ago:

WoW WoW WoW!!! Fantastic mod!!

#364 5 years ago

All fixed up with the lighting upgrade. I used a clear dome red LED and it works very nicely when the snack bar is open!

Snackbar is open (resized).jpgSnackbar is open (resized).jpg
#365 5 years ago

I got mine Monday! Lightning fast shipping from AU! I just have to find time to do the install. I will post pics when finished. The quality is awesome Swinks! What a great way to start the week..

#366 5 years ago

Installed! Love it Jady! Thanks a bunch! Top notch design, product and customer service!

F7C68FBA-3F20-4245-A8AF-BA9C5CA707AD (resized).jpegF7C68FBA-3F20-4245-A8AF-BA9C5CA707AD (resized).jpeg
#367 5 years ago

that's great everyone, stoked you got them and appreciating the design and looks, enjoy

cheers

Jady

2 weeks later
#368 5 years ago

Update 30-3-19

found just enough paint from a Sydney store to finish painting 4 of the last 11 units and will carry out the the final assembly and decals this weekend and be in touch with those guys in the next few hours as will be ready to ship Monday / Tuesday.

As for the other 7 units, these have been undercoated and prepped and waiting on TS-41 paint to finish - not long guys - just a paint shortage in Aus.

cheers
Jady

#369 5 years ago

Looking forward to your next project!

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Looking forward to your next project!

2 mechanical mods for ghostbusters planned soon - see if I can pull those off

and

then back on to my custom pinball (mainly Tube Time, but also came up with some sweet ramp ideas and cooters kickback (both fresh ideas) that I want to nut out for my Dukes of Hazzard design while it is in my head)

DoH7.1 (resized).pngDoH7.1 (resized).png

#371 5 years ago

Dukes of Hazard! Bring it on!

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

2 mechanical mods for ghostbusters planned soon - see if I can pull those off
and
then back on to my custom pinball (mainly Tube Time, but also came up with some sweet ramp ideas and cooters kickback (both fresh ideas) that I want to nut out for my Dukes of Hazzard design while it is in my head)
[quoted image]

John Schneider is an old friend of mine,perhaps I can get him to sign your game for you.

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

John Schneider is an old friend of mine,perhaps I can get him to sign your game for you.

oooh, how cool, there's motivation right there..... definitely brought a smile to my dial

#374 5 years ago

I’m keen on your ghostbusters mods, please put me down on the list.
Cheers
Trevor

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

I’m keen on your ghostbusters mods, please put me down on the list.
Cheers
Trevor

thanks for the support Trevor, will start a dedicated thread when I have protos working and go from there

cheers
Jady

#376 5 years ago

Just installed my Snack Bar mod. Thank you Swinks!

IMG_0609 (resized).jpegIMG_0609 (resized).jpegIMG_0610 (resized).jpegIMG_0610 (resized).jpegIMG_0611 (resized).jpegIMG_0611 (resized).jpeg
#377 5 years ago

your game looks great, thanks for sharing...

#378 5 years ago

I wish I had a Snack Bar v3 mod!

#379 5 years ago

Update - 5-4-19

a small batch of paint came in for the remainder of the production batch, weather is not good for painting today, but hoping the weekend will be kinder

cheers

Jady

IMG_0827 (resized).JPGIMG_0827 (resized).JPG
#380 5 years ago

Update 10-4-19

- the tops are all painted as had some good weather, just going to let them cure until the weekend before fitting decals
- all the other parts are assembled and ready to fit after decals
- will be in touch with the final 7 people by Friday night Aus time to see if they are still keen along with payment details.
- ready to pack and send Monday to Wednesday, and then I am away Thursday 18th through to Easter Monday 22nd
- due to 3 public holidays here in Aus I am sure that postage will be slightly affected.

will be in touch soon guys

cheers Jady

#381 5 years ago

Installed min last night.
Really top quality and looks amazing.
Thanks Jady
I'm soooo stoked to have this.

IMG_2775 (resized).jpgIMG_2775 (resized).jpgIMG_2776 (resized).jpgIMG_2776 (resized).jpgIMG_2779 (resized).jpgIMG_2779 (resized).jpg
#382 5 years ago

I sent the last 7 guys their notification for payment and if anyone drops out I have another 8 people waiting in background ready to pounce.

cheers

Jady

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Installed min last night.
Really top quality and looks amazing.
Thanks Jady
I'm soooo stoked to have this. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great and glad you love it, thanks for letting me know and sharing with others

1 week later
#384 4 years ago

Finally installed mine yesterday, looks great. One question, I used the bulb with the wire and seems to work, but the Snackbar sign seems to ghost a bit. Is there another way to install so this is solved?

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Finally installed mine yesterday, looks great. One question, I used the bulb with the wire and seems to work, but the Snackbar sign seems to ghost a bit. Is there another way to install so this is solved?

the Snackbar Sign and light blades do use a GI socket which does pulse a little at times through game play which is normal and possibly because the sign is bright brings the attention to you, and I know for me was not aware of the variation of the GI until I tapped into it. Some guys have also tapped the signage into the "I" of "FILM" down near the flippers so the sign only comes on when the Snackbar is open.

Also check the wire connects of the plugs underneath the mod as maybe one is not seated 100% and is flickering a little more than it should, which could of happened during post travel or in connecting up.

#386 4 years ago

Great I check, maybe also put it on the I of film.

#387 4 years ago

still CFTBL but not snackbar

anyone need plastics for a home project. I came across some art years ago so grouped together and created print file and a laser cut file,

have fun
Creature Plastics Laser.pdfCreature Plastics Laser.pdfCreature Plastics.pdfCreature Plastics.pdf

#388 4 years ago

Can you do a custom apron for CFTBL? I like the JJP style ones, I do need no rule cards on a HUO. Something with the creature in line with the theme. I saw some with the orange from the back, but do not think that is matching the playfield.

#389 4 years ago

Well all the production mods of v3 have been posted out - enjoy and thank you for the continued support from many of you as well as the many other supporters in version 1,2 and 3. It has been an experience which I have enjoyed alot, in which these took alot of time, but stoked to gain some great pin mates and have some good chats with some of you along the way as well as getting positive and constructive feedback along the way which helped the Snackbar evolve and helped me alot to see people enjoying them.

I have been getting some pm's in the last few days asking to go on wait lists etc, so

I am in the midst of finishing off 5 x v3 "custom"'s which is a costing experiment to see how much these have increased in price with the Shapeways 2019 pricing structure as many of the parts I purchased in Nov 2018 during a cyber Monday sale which I will detail later my game plan there, but in short no more wait lists and no more Snackbars for 2019.

Unfortunately for those wishing to grab one of these, these 5 x "custom"'s are all currently spoken for as they have been allocated to the last 5 people on the wait list waiting in hope to get a Snackbar v3. The only chance of any of these being available is if any of the 5 people don't like the one made available for them as I am mixing it up a little. Then if any are remaining I will post in this thread what is left and first in gets the Snackbar worm.

What makes these "custom"?
- they have "custom" added to the inside under the swinks logo
IMG_0815 (resized).jpgIMG_0815 (resized).jpg
- they will all have an additional pearl clear coat added to the snackbar's base colour (there will be 4 x coral blue's and 1 x black)
- all signage will be amber lighting similar to the playfield art, though tubes remain ice blue
- and a couple of other minor things
- also I rounded some edges a little more and made one access hole underneath a little bigger.

I will detail costing and total number of Snackbars soon once I nut that out.

photos of the customs will be added in a few weeks

thanks everyone for your support

cheers
Jady

1 week later
#390 4 years ago

finally got some paint and got 2 coats on over the weekend, not long

1 week later
#391 4 years ago

I'm picking up a Creature from the Black Lagoon on the weekend and would have loved to put one of the snack bar mods in. They look awesome! Fantastic work. Please keep me in mind if you make any more/a new version in the future.

#392 4 years ago

update 25-5-19

well, finally finished the last 5 x customs (which brings the tally to 50 v3 Snackbars in circulation)
"Custom" (resized).jpg"Custom" (resized).jpg

each of these being different in various ways to the productions ones and each with a coat of pearl clearcoat to add a little touch to the finish. Each with amber lighting in the sign and various combinations of decals.

5xCustoms (resized).JPG5xCustoms (resized).JPG

as for cost, due to shapeways increased prices these come up at $385AUD + postage but these are selling for $355AUD + postage as were a cost trial. I won't be doing anymore in 2019 and for me to sell in the future I will have to work out a way to lower the cost but I will wait until 2020 to work that out as need a break.

5 guys are patiently waiting their turn to pick one of the five and if anyone drops out or doesn't like the options when it is their turn these will be up on pinside as a first in first served to purchase.

#393 4 years ago

Well done swinks.

#394 4 years ago

Looking forward to getting in on a future run. Well done!

#395 4 years ago

Well it has been an adventure doing these and I got the mod to a point that I was very happy with it especially the signage.

All 5 x "customs" have been sold and paid for and no more will be made at least this year and maybe in the future I will make more only if I can find a way to reduce the costs as recent Shapeways cost increases and crappy exchange rate just isn't worth making these at the moment.

That said if you are handy and a CFTBL lover I have limited supplies of stainless steel plates and decals and just wrote a manual on the weekend of how to paint and assemble a kit version with a step by step guide and BOM list etc. A French guy and Aussie guy are currently going down this road so they don't miss out on the Snackbar Mod. BUT this is only an offer to the guys passionate about CFTBL and own a CFTBL who want to add this retro mod to your game and NOT available for anyone wanting to buy multiple plates and decals, make and sell these to make a profit or to copy as I will get back to these but have a few other projects that I want to tackle.

Hit me up if you want to go down the kit path. The tops will have "kustom" embossed in the underside so years later people can identify the difference between the mods. "k" = kit instead of "c"

If you need spares for your current v3 mod for down the track you can go to this link.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=snackbarv3kustom&sort=newest

Thanks for all the kind words, support, trust, appreciation and input while doing these, it meant alot and kept me going.

all the best

Jady

#396 4 years ago

for those that missed out, I have the following for sale:
- a version 1.0 snackbar mod (this was the version that used the EL wire and comes with a 12v inverter
- a version 2.0 snackbar mod

I may have a second v2.0 mod for sale if a friend doesn't take it

all are brand new and have never been installed (I've just been supporting jady with each iteration but never got around to installing any of them in my game

v1.0 is $275 (includes shipping within the continental united states)
v1.0 is $250 (includes shipping within the continental united states)

photos can be provided upon request, but everything is still boxed up as I received them from jady from 2012 and 2015 respectively
pm me for details, payment info, etc...

#397 4 years ago

yes have to say a few guys especially j_m_ have been great supporters and purchasing every version which I greatly appreciate the incredible support

also for the v1.0 and v2,0 models there is the sign upgrade additional mod to add that v3 look, check this thread out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-sign-upgrade-for-the-snackbar-mod-v10-amp-v20

#398 4 years ago

Has anybody got a V3.0 snackbar mod that they would like to sell? Would consider 2.0 but rather 3.0

thanks

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Has anybody got a V3.0 snackbar mod that they would like to sell? Would consider 2.0 but rather 3.0
thanks

you could go a v2.0 with the sign upgrade option for the v3.0 look

#400 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

you could go a v2.0 with the sign upgrade option for the v3.0 look

Way, Way off topic.....
But, i think a version of this on the Woz mini munchkin playfield above the rainbow targets would look great, maybe even color changing.
Just saying, when you get bored and want to work on WOZ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 27.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-snackbar-mod-v3-2018/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.