• 422 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL Snackbar 3.0 kustom kit - Manual rev4.pdf (PDF preview)
french mod (resized).jpg
french kit (resized).jpg
screen-capture-28 (resized).png
20150518_165823_1600 (resized).jpg
99-010133-00_munchkin_land_assy_WOZ (resized).jpg
5xCustoms (resized).JPG
IMG_0815 (resized).jpg
Creature Plastics.pdf (PDF preview)
Creature Plastics Laser.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2779 (resized).jpg
IMG_2776 (resized).jpg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpg
IMG_0827 (resized).JPG
IMG_0611 (resized).jpeg
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 5 years ago

shapeways code is now active for 15% off.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

shapeways code is now active for 15% off.

Thanks Mrbill

Anyone wanting some parts from Shapeways - Cyber Monday Sale
The Code is HAPPYMONDAY at the checkout point which gives you 15% off

all Swinks stuff
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest

Pinball Tools
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkstool&sort=newest

Pinball Repro Parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksrepro&sort=newest

#253 5 years ago

Shapeways extended the sale with the 15% off for another day to the end of Tuesday so grab a v1.0 or v.20 upgrade signage.

Shapeways prices will be going up 10-15% on plastics and up to 40% on the clear print so now is the chance to upgrade.

for the CFTBL signage gear, here is the link
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkssnackbar

#254 5 years ago

Got my upgrade parts yesterday. Thanks for the heads up, Jady!

1 week later
#255 5 years ago

A small Snackbar Mod v3.0 update to let people know the progress of their mods.

This is the status of all the parts for 38 kits:

Stainless steel parts - ordered and waiting to be made
Locators, light blades, Snack Bar signage - 75% made and the clear sign sections are held up with huge Cyber Monday sales
Lighting from Comet - arrived and in stock
Decals - in the post and arriving soon
Hardware (bolts, nuts and allen key etc) - arrived and in stock
Paint (undercoat and final coat) - ordered and arriving by end of next week
Snackbar tops - 3 samples made with the final slight tweak as included a few slight upgrade features. Ordering first 10 units tonight for the first 10 guys and hope to get ithem before Christmas from a Aussie company soi can paint over the holidays.

So once all the parts get here it will be full steam ahead and sorry no one will get one before Christmas.

cheers

Jady

#256 5 years ago

enjoy your xmas Jady
these will come in good time

#257 5 years ago

Thank you for the update Jady. We are all excited the receive the v3 mod once they are ready. Many thanks to you for making it possible. Have a great Christmas and year end.

#258 5 years ago

no worries on the delay. you can't rush quality!

#259 5 years ago

Great job Jady - getting excited, it's my Xmas present to myself (regardless of when I get it )

#260 5 years ago

Definitely worth the wait. Quality takes time.

#261 5 years ago

Installed my update to version 2.0. Lovin it Jady! Some pics but color washes out. Lines on the facade are actually orange and the "Snack Bar" sign is in red. Looks better in person than in pictures. The facade lights are connected to GI and the snack bar light is connected to the feature light.

IMG_0917 (resized).jpgIMG_0917 (resized).jpgIMG_0922 (resized).jpgIMG_0922 (resized).jpgIMG_0926 (resized).jpgIMG_0926 (resized).jpgIMG_0930 (resized).jpgIMG_0930 (resized).jpg

#262 5 years ago

looks great gac , and noticed you have the drive-in speaker as well

looks like you have cars at the drive art blades, where are they from?

whats the mod in the back rhs that is glowing

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

looks great gac , and noticed you have the drive-in speaker as well
looks like you have cars at the drive art blades, where are they from?
whats the mod in the back rhs that is glowing

Yes, that's your drive in speaker mod. Some more Swinks swag too... ramps supports, shooter plate, and even bubble level holder (not pictured). The cars at the drive-in art blades come from Tilt Graphics. The glowing item in the upper right corner is a lighted drive-in sign that says "Now Showing Creature From The Black Lagoon" in the white area but it is washed out in the picture.

IMG_0936 (resized).jpgIMG_0936 (resized).jpgIMG_0937 (resized).jpgIMG_0937 (resized).jpgIMG_0938 (resized).jpgIMG_0938 (resized).jpgIMG_0941 (resized).jpgIMG_0941 (resized).jpg
#264 5 years ago

I could send you a video by email of the drive-in sign if you would like to see it in action. It actually has chaser light effects and is pretty cool. I can't upload a video here.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Installed my update to version 2.0. Lovin it Jady! Some pics but color washes out. Lines on the facade are actually orange and the "Snack Bar" sign is in red. Looks better in person than in pictures. The facade lights are connected to GI and the snack bar light is connected to the feature light.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good grief is that a gorgeous machine!!!!...wait...."Drive-In Sign" mod? back to the site I go...Jady, your work is outstanding!!!!

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Good grief is that a gorgeous machine!!!!...wait...."Drive-In Sign" mod? back to the site I go...Jady, your work is outstanding!!!!

Actually this is a different mod than the one Jady offers. I will look up the website where this sign can be purchased and post it here. I bought it at a pinball show where the person created a mod to link it to the machine's power.

#267 5 years ago

I don't want to hijack Jady's thread so I won't post any other information after this. The drive-in sign can be found at this website: www.microstru.com. The website is titled Miller Engineering. Look under the tab "O & HO Billboards".

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I don't want to hijack Jady's thread so I won't post any other information after this. The drive-in sign can be found at this website: www.microstru.com. The website is titled Miller Engineering. Look under the tab "O & HO Billboards".

Thanks, and Jady's work is second to none....every CFTBL needs this snackbar!!!!..waiting on some new EL to finish mine off....

#269 5 years ago

cheers for that gac , and no harm sharing a link, looks cool and he has some cool gear

and thanks for the support in the other gear.

#270 5 years ago

swinks this mod just keeps getting better and better, although I don't think I will ever own a CFTBL again I sure appreciate knowing you are out there making these games awesome for people.

#271 5 years ago

decals turned up today and am happy with them - they look nice and fit well.

In total I ended up with 4 proto-types, one is not useable so will go in the display case (has the movie screen decal) and 3 other protos have slight variances (hidden differences) and will have the proto decals - which I only got a couple of out of curiousity and for the fun of it. The 3 other protos have been allocated in which these people being aware of the slight variances compared to the production run models. proto No: 3 & 4 are still in paint.

here is proto No: 1 - non useable
- with the blue FILM decal and Movie Screen Snackbar Decal
- light purple neon and amber sign
IMG_0643 (resized).jpgIMG_0643 (resized).jpg
IMG_0644 (resized).JPGIMG_0644 (resized).JPG

here is proto No: 2 - allocated
- with the yellow FILM decal and orange arrow
- light blue neon and amber sign
IMG_0645 (resized).jpgIMG_0645 (resized).jpg
IMG_0646 (resized).JPGIMG_0646 (resized).JPG

Note:
1. you will notice the neon in the proto No:2 in which all the production versions will be the same which is curved and steps out the front and gives you a cool extra dimension and gets back to the Snackbar v1 el wire version. There is some slight adjustment in the stepping out to vary the look to your liking.
2. no screws in the top for a nice clean look and one screw in the front, undo a few turns and the top simply slides towards the apron forward 5-6mm and then lifts up.
3. photos never capture the true look as they show over and under saturation in the lighting but this is a close representation and both the neon and sign will never be 100% backlit purely due to the design (so much going on underneath) which was similar to the v2 Snackbar
4. I am working on a add-on mod for top lighting to flash the top when the snackbar opens to glow the top which you can purchase separately when you and if you want it - I will provide a how to manual in time - waiting on the additional bracket and final testing.

hope that helps people and I am getting closer to stocking all the parts, with decals now in and all the paint ready for pickup, now just waiting on tops, signage parts and stainless steel plates to allow production to start.

cheers

Jady

#272 5 years ago

Pink el rocks!!!...

IMG_20181215_202456823 (resized).jpgIMG_20181215_202456823 (resized).jpgIMG_20181215_202525609 (resized).jpgIMG_20181215_202525609 (resized).jpg
#273 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pink el rocks!!!...
[quoted image][quoted image]

yes, I'll finish smoothing them both after they heat up a few times, PITA when the wire is new

#274 5 years ago

yes, totally agree, pick looks awesome, you v1 came out a treat with the sign and new el wire.

as for bending, there is a trick to bending so it sits nicely in, you run the el wire through your fingers and create a curne in the opposite direction and then when you sit it into the groove it sits fairly snug.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes, totally agree, pick looks awesome, you v1 came out a treat with the sign and new el wire.
as for bending, there is a trick to bending so it sits nicely in, you run the el wire through your fingers and create a curne in the opposite direction and then when you sit it into the groove it sits fairly snug.

Thanks!!! I'll use that approach....it's actually really close to perfect..bottom one spot on....hoping to massage that slight wrinkle out up top.

For a v1, I couldn't be happier!!!!

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Loosened both wires and used you tip...Perfect!! thanks....mark

#277 5 years ago

Looks amazing, all of it. I want one of everything if possible. This thread is long and from skimming it I’m not exactly sure what to click on once I get to your site to make the purchase? Any help is appreciated and I’m eager to give you money.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Loosened both wires and used you tip...Perfect!! thanks....mark

Awesome mark, enjoy

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Looks amazing, all of it. I want one of everything if possible. This thread is long and from skimming it I’m not exactly sure what to click on once I get to your site to make the purchase? Any help is appreciated and I’m eager to give you money.

The snackbar mod is not available via website but via no money down preorder list which is closed and full, sorry

I am currently refurbishing my snackbar v2 back to new, repainting, new decals and with a new sign on top so it will be upgraded. Send me a pm if interested and taking photos of before and after.

#280 5 years ago

Just so everyone is aware my access to the net / email / Pinside is very limited as a lightening strike nearby last night fried our modems, router, phones so wont be around much for a few days

#281 5 years ago

Update - 21-12-18

- Stainless Steel plates should arrive today and the new supplier is into the pinball game making pinballs parts as a side business and does an awesome job - the protos were the best quality I have every received.

- A batch of 10 x 3d printed Snackbar parts arrived 2 days ago from an Aussie Manufacturer but I rejected them due to heavy curling - they weren't happy but I was not going to supply inferior product. I have switched back to getting the tops from my regular Belgium (Europe) supplier - good thing is they have a new machine that does higher print quality but I will be lucky to get parts before mid Jan.

My apologies about the delays, as this is not typical for me and I am a little embarrassed about constantly delaying.

Everyone have a great Christmas break with your family and friends and may 2019 be an awesome year for all.

Regards

Jady

santa pinball (resized).jpgsanta pinball (resized).jpg

#282 5 years ago

thanks Jady

#283 5 years ago

Delays are fine when open and honest about them. Enjoy the summer break

#284 5 years ago

Nobody doubts a swinks mod is coming when he says it does, and you know when it arrives it will be the best quality possible. Can't wait to see these getting installed on machines.

I just need you to find a way to make this mod fit the cftbl hole on MB now

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Nobody doubts a swinks mod is coming when he says it does, and you know when it arrives it will be the best quality possible. Can't wait to see these getting installed on machines.
I just need you to find a way to make this mod fit the cftbl hole on MB now

thanks mate and looking forward to these going into games as well

as for MB, been a wish pin for myself for a long time, maybe something can be custom designed - but does it suit the theme ?

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks mate and looking forward to these going into games as well
as for MB, been a wish pin for myself for a long time, maybe something can be custom designed - but does it suit the theme ?

Probably not but to me it ties CFTBL and MB together with sharing the character, nothing ties the theme as well as your mod with the actual CFTBL game though. Schools out and I'm on break! Have a great holiday @swinks!

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Probably not but to me it ties CFTBL and MB together with sharing the character, nothing ties the theme as well as your mod with the actual CFTBL game though. Schools out and I'm on break! Have a great holiday swinks!

I reckon I can do a custom one for you, after I complete these 40 mods for everyone.

Have a awesome holiday as well Tsskinne

1 week later
#288 5 years ago

Update 28-12-18

It has taken longer than I had hoped but here is the manual for the released v3.0 Snackbar mod for those on the list which is limited to 40 people along with 3 people that wanted the prototypes. Prototypes are completed and parts are almost in for the production mods to roll out in early 2019. My apologies for the delays and your patience.

CFTBL Snackbar Mod v3.0 - Manual rev1.pdfCFTBL Snackbar Mod v3.0 - Manual rev1.pdf

#289 5 years ago

Brilliant mate!

Yep love the Southern Cross touch - go Aussie!!

#290 5 years ago

Manual looks very clear and detailed. Well done swinks.

#291 5 years ago

just listed 2 x Snackbar v2.0 Mods for sale in the below thread in case anyone wants to pick one of those up and save a few dollars or for anyone that missed on the v3.0 Snackbar Mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-snackbar-mod-v20/page/6#post-4757092

#292 5 years ago

Jady,
Your work is awesome. Not just the mods, but the whole package; the vision, mod, communication, transparency, organizational skills, detailed manuals, continuous improvement, patience with customers...
Did I read somewhere this is the end of the line line for the Snackbar mod?
I'm curious to see what's next in store...

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Jady,
Your work is awesome. Not just the mods, but the whole package; the vision, mod, communication, transparency, organizational skills, detailed manuals, continuous improvement, patience with customers...
Did I read somewhere this is the end of the line line for the Snackbar mod?
I'm curious to see what's next in store...

Thanks for your kind words, but I also must give a big thanks to everyone for their patience waiting for this version to come out and the support I have had up to this point.

Yes this will be the end of the line with only 40 x v3.0's being made over the next 3 months and then that's it or at least for a few years. I have got a heap of other ideas & projects and just not getting to them

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

...I have got a heap of other ideas & projects and just not getting to them

I hope they're pinball related!

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I hope they're pinball related!

yes they are, even though I sometimes wonder why I hang in there with pinball, I do love it.

1 week later
#296 5 years ago

good news.....

I now have everything except the tops to do 40 kits, BUT I did get 10 tops from Belgium which just arrived today and I will order another 15 tops in the next few days. I will start tapping holes and sand prepping over the next few days and start painting by the weekend. So not long for the first 10 guys (will pm soon to prep you), thanks again for your patience.

IMG_0412 (resized).JPGIMG_0412 (resized).JPG
#297 5 years ago

Got the sign for a 2.0 snack bar. AWESOME!!!

I used orange LEDs to mimick 1950s neon signs. I also tied it into the I in FILM so it lights when snackbar is open but doent annoyingly flash like if attached to the dome light.

20190108_201610 (resized).jpg20190108_201610 (resized).jpg20190108_201619 (resized).jpg20190108_201619 (resized).jpg20190108_201622 (resized).jpg20190108_201622 (resized).jpg
#298 5 years ago

thnks for sharing Scott and great idea for linking the sign to the I in FILM near the flippers, I never thought of that.

#299 5 years ago

I was a bit late to the party, but Jady kindly sorted me out with one of the V3 protos!

I can't say enough about how great your work is mate. Holding it when I first to took it out of the box I was surprised by how weighty was.. It's quite robust actually, top notch quality.

The manual was spot on too, very clear and made installation a breeze.

Thanks again and good luck with the rest of production! i'm sure everyone who gets one will be as stoked as me.

IMG_2819 (resized).JPGIMG_2819 (resized).JPGIMG_2821 (resized).JPGIMG_2821 (resized).JPG
#300 5 years ago

thanks @AstroZombies, I'm really happy you like the mod and able to follow the manual

as for the production, tapping holes and painting starts tomorrow and ordered another run of tops so these will start to roll out in a few weeks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 24.00
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-snackbar-mod-v3-2018/page/6?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.