• 422 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL Snackbar 3.0 kustom kit - Manual rev4.pdf (PDF preview)
french mod (resized).jpg
french kit (resized).jpg
screen-capture-28 (resized).png
20150518_165823_1600 (resized).jpg
99-010133-00_munchkin_land_assy_WOZ (resized).jpg
5xCustoms (resized).JPG
IMG_0815 (resized).jpg
Creature Plastics.pdf (PDF preview)
Creature Plastics Laser.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2779 (resized).jpg
IMG_2776 (resized).jpg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpg
IMG_0827 (resized).JPG
IMG_0611 (resized).jpeg
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 5 years ago

???????????????????????????????????????????????

what do people want for the Stainless Steel plate?
- mirror finish
or
- slightly grained

will be ordering the major preferenced

you don't see much of the plate once the decal goes on, but some people like one look over the other - there is no difference in the cost.

let me know

#202 5 years ago

Grained. Matches non brand new ramp flaps better :p

#203 5 years ago

for the aussie guys that got either a v1.5 or v2.5 signage upgrade for their existing mods - the package has left the US 2 days ago, won't be long guys.

screen-capture-27 (resized).pngscreen-capture-27 (resized).png

#204 5 years ago

I'd go with grained too, closer match to the scoop and ball guides. It's looking great btw... keep up the good work

All the best!

Xerxes

#205 5 years ago

thanks guys, grained plates is locked in

#206 5 years ago

update 16-11-18

Pricing

I will lock in the price of the mod at $350 AUD / Australian Dollars (excluding postage which is about $30-40 to the USD / Europe) with the Australian or Belgium made snackbar tops.

I don't know how people feel about the PRICE but I need people to send me a PM if they are still in (respond via your original message to me please) and if keen send me your POSTAL address and phone (both for shipping) to show me you are definitely keen.

I am willing to over-commit on parts for 60 mods for:
- stainless steel plates,
- all the shapeways parts (except the snackbar tops) as there is a sale at Shapeways on Cyber Monday that I will get the light blades and signage kits, as these will go up 25-40% after the 1st Jan - my attempt to keep the cost down
- decals
- and have already bought the allen keys and bolts
and then purchase 10 tops at a time to paint up in batches

If I don't get enough response / commitment via pm in the next week I will not proceed, as I need a little over 35 units just to break even on parts alone, excluding labour - so need 40 people to be committed.

I do ask that if you are on the fence or DEFINITELY NOT keen to PLEASE let me know and I will remove you off the list and I WILL NOT be offended. I am asking for your morale support to be honest if you are keen or not keen as I am still not asking for a prepayment.

And lastly these are the last 60 x Snackbar Mods ones to be made as will not be making anymore in the future.

As for timing - I estimate to paint and send out 12 units every 4-6 weeks so hopefully all delivered to people by August 2019.

I will await pm's and adjust the list as I go.

#207 5 years ago

I just had a question wanting me to define this more:

- if 40 or more people commit I will buy all the SS plates, decals, light blades and signage and comet lighting for 60 kits to keep the cost down and buy 12 tops at a time.

- if I have less than 60 of supportive people.... eg say 30 people. I will buy 60 x SS plates & decals but will only buy 30 sets of light blades, signage and lighting for those that committed. If the other say 30 people show interest at a later date the price will be subject to cost of parts at that time which at this stage would predict around $400 for the mod. If only 10 people respond I will do as little as a run of 10 only if that is all the interest and that is all that might get made, potentially EVER.

- currently making only 60 mods, and have 70 interested on the list, everyone keeps they place on the list as they are now but after next week those that committed with a pm, along with their POSTAL address and phone no: (for shipping) these people will be merged to the front of the list and the none committed ones will fall back to the back of the list and will pay more due to the pass on cost of higher prices after Cyber Monday.

Therefore this could be very limited and will await pm's

thanks

Jady

#208 5 years ago

thanks guys I am getting some responses but not everyone is giving me their full info eg.

full postal address
phone number

I have sent everyone a email so please check that as Friday 23rd November is crunch time and if not replying with the full info the list will be greatly reduced.

none of the info provided will be shared, so your privacy is respected.

regards

Jady

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

for the aussie guys that got either a v1.5 or v2.5 signage upgrade for their existing mods - the package has left the US 2 days ago, won't be long guys.
[quoted image]

unpacked and assembled today ready to repack to the 5 guys and head to you guys.

#211 5 years ago

here is a concept and open for suggestions
- for the film decal - I am wanting to capture the light shining towards the snackbar hole art on the playfield and now over the hole with the yellow and still keeping the FILM
- for the top decal - I am thinking of linking the art on the speaker panel - and will also add some stars and thinking a UFO or Creature image

* the decal on the top still will sit back 2.5mm from the edge so you will still see blue of the top
* the white outline will be the decal cut line

please share your thoughts, good, constructive, creative

screen-capture-35 (resized).pngscreen-capture-35 (resized).png

#212 5 years ago

maybe more of a canary yellow for the film decal? I'm curious to know how the 'OPEN' text (based on the font that you chose) looks from the player's perspective

#213 5 years ago

The "Open" is the same design as v1 and v2 with roughly the same placement but in Red not blue and personally not in a great visible spot, though half the decal is not really seen throughout the 3 versions from the players perspective. At that stage people wanted it but it never was in a clear visible spot like some of the other cool art on the plastics in this game - is busy and layered.

I will get the Pantone swatches out and try and get close to the playfield art for the surrounding yellow for the FILM decal, though once in a decal, printed and the games lighting on it always looks a little different - sometimes the slightly different colour works just as well.

For the Snackbar decal
- My personal desire is to put on the ball on a pole similar to other art and like the original plastic had the back lit dome.
screen-capture-36 (resized).pngscreen-capture-36 (resized).png
screen-capture-38 (resized).pngscreen-capture-38 (resized).png

- Or a creature image / ufo in white line art and then when I hopefully release a second light the top feature in Snackbar open mod these become better seen.
screen-capture-37 (resized).pngscreen-capture-37 (resized).png
screen-capture-39 (resized).pngscreen-capture-39 (resized).png

Any ideas guys, or does everyone want a similar decal and colouring to the Version 1 or 2, I will work on my 2 ideas and put it out there hopefully over the next couple of nights.

#214 5 years ago

A little update for the guys waiting for their mods. They arrived a few days ago and I have fitted them up, tested and mailed out to the 6 aussies, Enjoy.

Also for anyone tempted for any repro parts, mods, pinball tools Shapeways is having a 15% Cyber Monday sale this week - I should know the code soon.

#215 5 years ago

here are 3 concepts that I have come up with, would like people to chime in on their preference as only going to print one of them, and happy to tweak / swap colours

screen-capture-40 (resized).pngscreen-capture-40 (resized).png

#216 5 years ago

I'm leaning towards the middle one for both

#217 5 years ago

The atomic planet logo and creach are more minimal, but it's hard to go past the contoured lines of either "open" directional arrows. These absolutely POP!

The orange arrow has a nice neon feel, but I'm leaning more towards the pink, as it compliments the cadillac and right "search" triangle with the overlapping pink background on the PF. Real 50' feel.

Which ever you decide to go with I'm still really keen!

Nice work Jady.

#218 5 years ago

Place my vote for the orange arrow. It pops nice with the backboard art which on my creech is illuminated by a uv LED strip placed under the plastic rear playfield glass rail.
I like the center film decal that has the transition from orange to yellow.
I will be very happy with whatever the majority vote ends up being
Thanks for making it happen Jady.

#220 5 years ago

#1 Pink
#2 Orange

They both look good.

#221 5 years ago

Pink looks good

#222 5 years ago

thanks guys for voting

tonight I will finalise a design down to a refined 2 designs taking people's comments into account

#1 - Orange Snackbar - rework the OPEN colouring and maybe using #2 FILM decal as a set
#2 - Pink Snackbar - try the neon tubes in yellow to make it more fitting and keep # FILM

The reason for the transition on the FILM from yellow to orange is the playfield has a transition of 2 different yellows

#223 5 years ago

Also the list is closing tomorrow night Australian Time so if you haven't replied to a recent email message please do so otherwise you will drop off the list, please check your emails that you gave me.

and check your JUNK MAIL, the email is from a "pipedreams" or "swinks"

#224 5 years ago

a quick concept merging elements of #1 into #2, personally I like the blend and was leaning to the pink but needed some more pop

PLEASE
- UP VOTE - if you like it
- DOWN VOTE - if you don't like it

and give some feedback if you have any suggestions

screen-capture-41 (resized).pngscreen-capture-41 (resized).png

#225 5 years ago

what would it look like with the 'open' text in the purple (the original colour of the stripes) instead of the blue?

edit: I've answered my own question and also tried it with tweaking the blue to something a bit more vibrant (which I think looks really nice
the blue is #24f0ff
CftBL snack bar (resized).jpgCftBL snack bar (resized).jpg

CftBL snack bar (blue) (resized).jpgCftBL snack bar (blue) (resized).jpg

#226 5 years ago

totally agree j_m_

I think the pink with the vibrant blue is the pick - thanks for the tweak

locked in.......

#227 5 years ago

ok, only about 30hrs left to let me know if you are keen & committed for the mod and then the list is closed and locked in only for those listed below.

- started with 75 people
- 8 people let me know they dropped out
- 33 people are let me know they are still in
- 34 people have not responded

Here is the list of people locked in for the mod (33 pinsiders):
Soulrider911
Joshmx19
freegame450
Manny65
Manny65
Adsnems
davidmhoggan
Xerxes
dhawk
2Fun
j_m_
john17a
jfh
Jodannar
cubesnake
Malibu-SS
10pingrn
Toucanf16
DesTheopta
mrbillisphere
Mank
Mtg381
FtrMech
gameroompinball
metal-mods
brett
Guzz4851
paragon07
locke987
Wharhed
RaoulJuke
Baboon
Magicchiz

If you are not on the list above but were on the list originally, then I haven't received your response from last weeks post here and to a detailed email to your email address that you gave me. I need you to confirm the following by the end of Friday 23rd November if you are keen and committed:
Full name
Full Address
Phone Number

#228 5 years ago

Too bad so many haven’t responded. You’ve given plenty of notice.
Or maybe I spend too much time on Pinside!

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Too bad so many haven’t responded. You’ve given plenty of notice.
Or maybe I spend too much time on Pinside!

Yes and No

Yes it is a little sad
but
No I am not surprised

I doubt I will be making anymore after these, so these will be extremely limited

#230 5 years ago

Oh I am still struggling on this one. My creature is currently not at home due to a renovation in my house and I can really need the money elsewhere in the renovation. Also the value on mods on my creature is pricing it out of the market...so it must be a keeper....And then there is the PinballSP video mod...that will not be cheap....still have time until tomorrow to decide...

#231 5 years ago

I would like to added to the list and I’m ready to throw some money at you

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Oh I am still struggling on this one. My creature is currently not at home due to a renovation in my house and I can really need the money elsewhere in the renovation. Also the value on mods on my creature is pricing it out of the market...so it must be a keeper....And then there is the PinballSP video mod...that will not be cheap....still have time until tomorrow to decide...

was sitting on the fence as well but as far as outpricing the game i will just remove this mod and sell privately to counter that

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

no dramas if you don't want to go ahead, I am not worried either way but the line in the sand is tomorrow night as I have to spend a chunk of money over the weekend to take advantage of the weekends sales to keep the price as suggested and will be too expensive next year with the price rises for various parts.

all the best

#234 5 years ago

I tried to purchase the components for the v2.5 snack bar mod on the shapeways site but it would not apply the discount code. Are these items not included in the sale? Thanks

#235 5 years ago

Hey swinks, I'll apologise first as I think I've been a moron and misunderstood...

I'm a v1 owner from the UK and would like to upgrade to add the sign. Are there any upgrade packages left for this or would I have to order all of the parts separately.

Thanks!

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I tried to purchase the components for the v2.5 snack bar mod on the shapeways site but it would not apply the discount code. Are these items not included in the sale? Thanks

I got a email from Shapeways a few days ago saying Cyber Monday is the sale day for the public to purchase designs with a discount. They have done it weird this year.

Creator Sale | November 22-26
15% off your own model, including those made with our Creator Apps and on Spring & Wonder

Design with Shapeways Sale | November 22-26
25% off your initial design package

Cyber Monday Sale | November 26 only
15% off sitewide on own model and Shapeways marketplace

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey swinks, I'll apologise first as I think I've been a moron and misunderstood...
I'm a v1 owner from the UK and would like to upgrade to add the sign. Are there any upgrade packages left for this or would I have to order all of the parts separately.
Thanks!

You are not a moron mate, all good and never dumb questions.

I only did 6 kits for aussies recent as I was ordering a few other things and saved them postage. Postage from me to you is roughly $30, so cheaper from Shapeways to you and there is no painting of the parts.

Also check out if Comet Pinball has any sales - good weekend to buy and save a few dollars.

#238 5 years ago

For those getting the mod, I went to Comet's site to order all the lighting and selling out of alot of the lighting and want to secure some for the first batch at least.

The photos below is of a v2 with the signage so the v3 will look similar but the tubes are more rounded now and I have run out of all the purple due to the kits I sent out for upgrades.

So please cast your votes between now and midnight EST as then placing orders on the majority voted.

UP VOTE
for blue tubes with purple signage

Snack Bar Sign (resized).jpgSnack Bar Sign (resized).jpg

DOWN VOTE
for purple tubes with purple signage

IMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPG

My preference is blue for the long neon tubes and purple for the signage (amber looks good as well in the signage but purple looks the best)

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

You are not a moron mate, all good and never dumb questions.
I only did 6 kits for aussies recent as I was ordering a few other things and saved them postage. Postage from me to you is roughly $30, so cheaper from Shapeways to you and there is no painting of the parts.
Also check out if Comet Pinball has any sales - good weekend to buy and save a few dollars.

Thanks for your patience and for keeping me right mate.

#240 5 years ago

Sorry, catching up on your post. I was on the preorder for v3. Now that I see that there is a conversion for the v2, I'm going to buy that kit. I love your kit and I really like the idea that with the conversion I have the flexibility to go back to the dome or the sign.

Great work, as always. And I figured that Shapeways would be having some kind of sale over the holidays, so I would order the parts then. Cheers.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Sorry, catching up on your post. I was on the preorder for v3. Now that I see that there is a conversion for the v2, I'm going to buy that kit. I love your kit and I really like the idea that with the conversion I have the flexibility to go back to the dome or the sign.
Great work, as always. And I figured that Shapeways would be having some kind of sale over the holidays, so I would order the parts then. Cheers.

no worries, will take you off the list and yes that was the reason for the upgrade for previous owners so they can upgrade

Cyber Monday is Shapeways sale, 15% and code should be on their front page on the day.

#242 5 years ago

Ok, put me down on the list. As my machines already got a lot of your mods, this one will be added. I like the Blue with Purple.
Will that be a 6v lightstrip attached to current GI? If so it is easily changed afterwards by yourself or am I missing something here?

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

no worries, will take you off the list and yes that was the reason for the upgrade for previous owners so they can upgrade
Cyber Monday is Shapeways sale, 15% and code should be on their front page on the day.

Tried to order the sign upgrade parts from Shapeways for v2 and it says black Friday code does not work for this? Any recommendation.

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tried to order the sign upgrade parts from Shapeways for v2 and it says black Friday code does not work for this? Any recommendation.

yes , Cyber Monday is for the public to buy models

#245 5 years ago

I agree on blue and purple looking the best

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Ok, put me down on the list. As my machines already got a lot of your mods, this one will be added. I like the Blue with Purple.
Will that be a 6v lightstrip attached to current GI? If so it is easily changed afterwards by yourself or am I missing something here?

super easy, as it is just a socket bulb with an adaptor, you can restore the game back to original in 10 minutes

#247 5 years ago

Thanks everyone, the list is closed and we have 37 people, so have started ordering parts and will post updates as I progress. Along with that are 3 prototypes, 1st was a dud and the other 2 are good. So a total of 40 x Snackbar v3.0's.

I will be making 3 batches (12, 12, 13) and since there is a waiting period for the tops and then painting, a batch won't be ready before Christmas but hoping early / mid Jan. And all mods will be fitted with light blue lighting behind the neon tubes and purple for the signage.

The final people are:
Soulrider911
j_m_
Joshmx19
freegame450
PeterG
Manny65
Manny65
Adsnems
davidmhoggan
Xerxes
dhawk
2Fun
john17a
jfh
Jodannar
aztarac
cubesnake
Malibu-SS
10pingrn
Toucanf16
DesTheopta
mrbillisphere
Mank
Mtg381
FtrMech
gameroompinball
metal-mods
Pinball_Syd
brett
Guzz4851
paragon07
locke987
Wharhed
RaoulJuke
Baboon
Magicchiz
Coindork

Chat soon.
Jady

#248 5 years ago

I got a mate to print some basic decals on sticky paper and then do a dodgy hand cut out to test the look and looks the part.

IMG_0242 (resized).jpgIMG_0242 (resized).jpg

You will also notice the neon tubes are now more rounded and stick out from the front face of the building for the more realistic look and is more visible from the players eye level.

Note: I ran out of purple lighting for the sign so used some amber that I had left over.

IMG_0253 (resized).JPGIMG_0253 (resized).JPG

IMG_0255 (resized).jpgIMG_0255 (resized).jpg

#249 5 years ago

Hi Jady...
was just wondering how hard would it be to change the colour of the Snack Bar signage light?

Having just looked at the latest photos I really like the look of the Red/Orange signage, stands out as a contrast against the blue tubes much more than the purple signage.

Decals look good too!

all the best

Xerxes

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerxes:

Hi Jady...
was just wondering how hard would it be to change the colour of the Snack Bar signage light?
Having just looked at the latest photos I really like the look of the Red/Orange signage, stands out as a contrast against the blue tubes much more than the purple signage.
Decals look good too!
all the best
Xerxes

Thanks
It really comes down to personal taste but changing out the colour is a simple job, especially with the top being a slide and lock with one screw only takes 5-10 minutes depending on experience to remove and change the strip. I will detail in the manual.
Unfortunately all my lighting just left comet so am locked into the purple but for about $4 the colour can be changed by going here and getting one of these.
https://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-10-SMD-5050-6-3V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/10smd6.3vstrip.htm

cheers
Jady

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-snackbar-mod-v3-2018/page/5?hl=jodannar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.