• 422 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL Snackbar 3.0 kustom kit - Manual rev4.pdf (PDF preview)
french mod (resized).jpg
french kit (resized).jpg
screen-capture-28 (resized).png
20150518_165823_1600 (resized).jpg
99-010133-00_munchkin_land_assy_WOZ (resized).jpg
5xCustoms (resized).JPG
IMG_0815 (resized).jpg
Creature Plastics.pdf (PDF preview)
Creature Plastics Laser.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2779 (resized).jpg
IMG_2776 (resized).jpg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpg
IMG_0827 (resized).JPG
IMG_0611 (resized).jpeg
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 5 years ago

just an update on the interest list
- it is at the 50 which is my max production size for 2018. I am still taking names if people are interested as they can take the place of people that drop out as sure people will bail when the time comes or once I work out the final price. Just wanted people to be aware.

- I will be away for a couple of days as taking my wife and kids away for a few days to Sydney for Vivid and then when back tweak the designs for the proto-type test

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just an update on the interest list
- it is at the 50 which is my max production size for 2018. I am still taking names if people are interested as they can take the place of people that drop out as sure people will bail when the time comes or once I work out the final price. Just wanted people to be aware.
- I will be away for a couple of days as taking my wife and kids away for a few days to Sydney for Vivid and then when back tweak the designs for the proto-type test

Have a safe and restful trip with family. The only thing in life that is important. Then get home rested and start cranking out V3's! lol

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Sonofabitch.... I’ve bought both v1 and v2. Now I’m going to be sending money for v3. You’re killing me, Jady.

I hear v4 will be a two story building and actual popcorn will pop out of the top of it when the snackbar opens. Better start saving now!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have a safe and restful trip with family. The only thing in life that is important. Then get home rested and start cranking out V3's! lol

Thanks mate, what a day, travelled 150km and the thrust bearing on the clutch decided to cease and left us stranded...... Took 5hrs to get a rental so we could enjoy the Vivid lights for my wife’s birthday ..........

Lights were good and everyone is stuffed - not quite the trip away we planned, hate cars $2k repair bill ...... anyway we are alive, healthy and look forward to playing pinball.

Chat soon

1 week later
#105 5 years ago

proto designs are ready to order which I will do tomorrow and depending on the lighting installed will determine the final look. All lighting will be Comet gear and a fixed colour (that looks the best) and then if you want something a little different you can customise straight from Comet.

Neon Tube Version
Neonv3 (resized).pngNeonv3 (resized).png

Bulb Version
Bulbv3 (resized).pngBulbv3 (resized).png

also the plan is for the decal on top will be similar to the v2 with a large arrow sign but with "OPEN" on the vertical section along with a 3 led stripe matrix (all going well) which will fasten to the back of the snackbar sign and shine on to the "OPEN" and flash. The Snackbar Sign has the slot in the back so wiring can pass through.

Openv3 (resized).pngOpenv3 (resized).png
#106 5 years ago

Looks very clean. Can’t wait to see the prototypes

#107 5 years ago

Counting the days. Looks Awesome #swinks. Received my Creecher shooter knob and plunger plate and they look great!

#108 5 years ago

Looking good Swinks. Can't want to see the protos.

Visually, I like the neon tube version better than the bulb version. The neon seems to fit the 50s them a little better. The bulb version looks a little too busy to my eye.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Looking good Swinks. Can't want to see the protos.
Visually, I like the neon tube version better than the bulb version. The neon seems to fit the 50s them a little better. The bulb version looks a little too busy to my eye.

Agreed, the neon tube concept best fits the theme and time. Going to look great!

#111 5 years ago

thanks guys,

yeah the bulb version is really going to be an accessory available to order from Shapeways for those that want to mix it up

#112 5 years ago

Love the design. The only thing that comes to mind when I look at the neon tube version is that with the tube color and the trim color the same (teal) it looks a bit monolithic. Have you tried mocking up a different tube or trim color?

#113 5 years ago

I believe you can swap out the LED strip with whatever? I’m gonna go for hot pink myself

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Love the design. The only thing that comes to mind when I look at the neon tube version is that with the tube color and the trim color the same (teal) it looks a bit monolithic. Have you tried mocking up a different tube or trim color?

It is only a mockup and I based the mockup on the v2 which was predominantly sent out with ice blue led strips as they looked cool and had that neon look. I personally had purple and looks cool and on the v1 I had pink el wire which looked cool but wasn't available in the led strips for the v2. Lighting is a funny thing and a 3d model is never going to capture the real finished look of a finished mod.

I won't mockup any other versions for now and the tube design is final (for the moment) and will be a translucent clear which can be backlit with any colour (hopefully ) and will wait for the proto's to be made, painted and then trial with different colour led strips. From there I will make a decision on the final colour led strips and people can always customise down the track.

#115 5 years ago

Looks awesome Swinks, count me in please mate

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Looks awesome Swinks, count me in please mate

thanks

if keen send me your full name and email address

cheers

Jady

#117 5 years ago

mod update (16-6-18) - proto-types just ordered and should get to me in the next 4 weeks and then I will check for fit on the bench and in the game and if all good, next stop painting

thanks for your patience...

screen-capture-13.pngscreen-capture-13.png

2 weeks later
#118 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks
if keen send me your full name and email address
cheers
Jady

Just sold Creech, so im now out obviously, thanks mate

#119 5 years ago

no worries ClassicHornet

Update
- proto parts are almost here, so soon can report back on fit and look pre-paint
- list has closed for the moment as over the 50 cap

#120 5 years ago

Can’t wait to do a restaurant remodel on my game Swinks style!

#122 5 years ago

was at the zoo yesterday with the family and got back late and found a package at the door and just couldn't wait and lit up the sign - the concept works and lighting seems intense but that is more the camera but is looking the part.

the negative is I am not happy with the front panel (tubes and black surround - is a little flimsy and distorted) so will be redesigning, though will still paint up and take some photos so people can see progress of v3.0 and then move to v3.1

with lights on
IMG_4307 (resized).JPGIMG_4307 (resized).JPG

with lights off
IMG_4308 (resized).JPGIMG_4308 (resized).JPG

#123 5 years ago

Looking good Swinks! Love the progress. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with prototype creation as I may be a bit faster and cheaper (free) than prototyping via shapeways. Pretty sure with the equipment we have here and a file I can do most of the same details. Keep it going very much looking forward to adding this amazing mod.

The Mod Couple

#124 5 years ago

This looks amazing.
I know I said this before, but if you have a preorder list, please put me down for one.
Don't want to miss out.

#125 5 years ago

Looks great swinks. Take the time to be 100% happy with the new kit

#126 5 years ago

swinks looking awesome! Is the color of the sign determined by the led color? For example if i wanted my sign to be yellow, would this model support just changing out and led strip?

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

swinks looking awesome! Is the color of the sign determined by the led color? For example if i wanted my sign to be yellow, would this model support just changing out and led strip?

the logo is a clear translucent resin so the led colour determines the final look allowing you to mix it up.

#128 5 years ago

Was playing earlier and had a ball go up and over the snack bar strangely. Very unlikely that it will happen again but the sign would now cause a ball stuck spot. May need a small post or something behind it to divert the ball to the left down the face.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Was playing earlier and had a ball go up and over the snack bar strangely. Very unlikely that it will happen again but the sign would now cause a ball stuck spot. May need a small post or something behind it to divert the ball to the left down the face.

I don't believe it will as the snack bar is 20mm in height and the sign curved and if a ball ended up there believe it would roll on to the right ramp near the entrance.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I don't believe it will as the snack bar is 20mm in height and the sign curved and if a ball ended up there believe it would roll on to the right ramp near the entrance.

Any update on this amazing mod? Need me a new snack bar! Lol

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Any update on this amazing mod? Need me a new snack bar! Lol

sadly no, a bit flat out at work and lazy when I get home and lots of computer problems - seems the hard drive is failing so everything is backed up and slowed my designing down alot....

the resin front is oversized and I need to sand and adjust to finish the fit test - hopefully this weekend

2 weeks later
#132 5 years ago

Any hopeful update on this mod Mr Swinks? Hoping to see this amazing creation soon....

#133 5 years ago

update..........

between sickness and work sending me to studies I have been a little time poor, but finally got the v3.1 finished and installed.

- the slide design works really well and to the point where I almost don't need a locking screw on the front, BUT "stupid me" didn't consider the ramp and a nut that holds the plate down that fouls with the Snackbar top in the slide locking motion. So pulled out the dremel to hack the mod - but at least it was in areas that can't be seen.

- I put a purple led strip in the mod to light up the neon strips and an orange led strip for the snackbar sign. I won't do decals until the design is final but the photos give you an idea of what it looks like. In the photo the lighting does look a little intense for the Snackbar sign and a not fully glowing all of the strips - which is a bit the little the nature of the mod and but also where I fastened the strip which I can improve on a little.

- I hooked up the neon and sign to the GI and left the globe for the snackbar open feature which just adds a slight additional pulse glow through the strips - but people can connect the sign or the strips to the flash feature if they want to mix it up.

- my idea of having a feature pass through to the top did not work as hoped so will can that, so no light up feature for the top of the mod.

- the black cover over the front lens is on there but way to flimsy so already have an alternative idea for the front.

- from the players perspective you can't see "Sna", and partially see "ck" and clearly see the "Bar"

IMG_4462 (resized).jpgIMG_4462 (resized).jpg
IMG_4464 (resized).JPGIMG_4464 (resized).JPG
IMG_4465 (resized).JPGIMG_4465 (resized).JPG

#134 5 years ago

Where to from here:
v3.1 - only one of which is now canned to make way for the v3.2 due to issues.

v3.2 - do a remodel of v3.1 to improve on the slide on feature and tweak the sign cabling port through the top and remove the black front cover and replace with a thicker acrylic lens and then paint and then sand off the paint on the tubes only to get a more projected neon tube look.

v 3.3 - and something I want to entertain is still have the same modified slide on changes but then the "Snack Bar" sign actually mounted within the top from inside and glow up so "Snack Bar" can be better seen and reduces the overall parts and cost and allows the top to glow / light up instead of a dome.

will work on models for v3.2 & v3.3 to show people along with some close cost estimates to determine if this mod proceeds

#135 5 years ago

This is looking great swinks really loving the neon tube look!

#136 5 years ago

and 2 points of interest for people
- you can hardly see the one screw on the front face that fasten the top to plate
- and if a ball were to get to the top of the mod it would roll off on to the ramp

#137 5 years ago

Looking good Mr. With the decals and minor adjustments it looks like your getting close.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looking good Mr. With the decals and minor adjustments it looks like your getting close.

bummed I missed a few simple things but anyway, lessons learnt

thanks for everyone's patience

#139 5 years ago

Wow. Those pictures have me more excited about this than I was. It looks really good Swinks!

#140 5 years ago

looking great so far jady. the "snack bar" signage really glows nicely the way that did it

#141 5 years ago

Wow... V3 is shaping up to be very nice indeed

Can't wait to see (and order) the final version

best wishes....

Xerxes

#142 5 years ago

Anyone know where swinks has gone or what’s happened to him?

Just went to pm him about a project we have been discussing and noticed his account is inactive/deactivated, WTF!?

Hope all is okay as he has always seemed like a really genuine and cool guy!

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just went to pm him about a project we have been discussing and noticed his account is inactive/deactivated, hope all is okay as he has always seemed like a really genuine and cool guy! WTF!?

that's odd. I've reached out to see what's up. hopefully, I'll get a reply from him

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just went to pm him about a project we have been discussing and noticed his account is inactive/deactivated, WTF!?
Hope all is okay as he has always seemed like a really genuine and cool guy!

He will return, and I k ow he will finish this mod. Pretty sure he is probably just taking a break from posting and doing work

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

He will return, and I k ow he will finish this mod. Pretty sure he is probably just taking a break from posting and doing work

The mod wasn’t even a thought, wanted to make sure he was okay as from my experiences he’s an awesome guy, always good to know a fellow pinhead is okay. If anyone can update that would be great.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The mod wasn’t even a thought, wanted to make sure he was okay as from my experiences he’s an awesome guy, always good to know a fellow pinhead is okay. If anyone can update that would be great.

Don't personally know the rules of Europe but isn't this there month of vacation time of year? The Swinks man has said he has lots on his plate with work and family so I am sure he will poke his head in when he has time for friends.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don't personally know the rules of Europe but isn't this there month of vacation time of year? The Swinks man has said he has lots on his plate with work and family so I am sure he will poke his head in when he has time for friends.

No idea what the holidays are down under in Aus/NZ, just strange his account has been deactivated, just hoping all is well with him.

We are currently in our school/summer holiday period here in Europe.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No idea what the holidays are down under in Aus/NZ, just strange his account has been deactivated, just hoping all is well with him.
We are currently in our school/summer holiday period here in Europe.

No real holidays for us down here now until the Christmas break.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Re reading your post where you asking me about holidays in Europe or did you think swinks was in Europe?

#150 5 years ago

I assure you he is fine. I spoke with him this am

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 24.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-snackbar-mod-v3-2018/page/3?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.