Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen-capture-13.png
Openv3 (resized).png
Neonv3 (resized).png
Bulbv3 (resized).png
snackbar.gif
Snack2 (resized).png
Snack1 (resized).png
Snackbar Mod v2.2 (resized).jpg
Snackbar v3 (r1)-12 (resized).png
Snackbar v3 (r1)-11.png
Black Stainless Steel Flat Head Socket Cap Screws (resized).jpg
Snackbar v3 (r1)-10 (resized).png
Snackbar v3 (r1)-9 (resized).png
snack bar mod v3 plate mockup (resized).jpg
Black Stainless Steel Phillips Flat Head Machine Screws (resized).jpg
Snackbar v3 (r1)-8 (resized).png

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 20 days ago

just an update on the interest list
- it is at the 50 which is my max production size for 2018. I am still taking names if people are interested as they can take the place of people that drop out as sure people will bail when the time comes or once I work out the final price. Just wanted people to be aware.

- I will be away for a couple of days as taking my wife and kids away for a few days to Sydney for Vivid and then when back tweak the designs for the proto-type test

#102 20 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

just an update on the interest list
- it is at the 50 which is my max production size for 2018. I am still taking names if people are interested as they can take the place of people that drop out as sure people will bail when the time comes or once I work out the final price. Just wanted people to be aware.
- I will be away for a couple of days as taking my wife and kids away for a few days to Sydney for Vivid and then when back tweak the designs for the proto-type test

Have a safe and restful trip with family. The only thing in life that is important. Then get home rested and start cranking out V3's! lol

#103 20 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Sonofabitch.... I’ve bought both v1 and v2. Now I’m going to be sending money for v3. You’re killing me, Jady.

I hear v4 will be a two story building and actual popcorn will pop out of the top of it when the snackbar opens. Better start saving now!

#104 19 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have a safe and restful trip with family. The only thing in life that is important. Then get home rested and start cranking out V3's! lol

Thanks mate, what a day, travelled 150km and the thrust bearing on the clutch decided to cease and left us stranded...... Took 5hrs to get a rental so we could enjoy the Vivid lights for my wife’s birthday ..........

Lights were good and everyone is stuffed - not quite the trip away we planned, hate cars $2k repair bill ...... anyway we are alive, healthy and look forward to playing pinball.

Chat soon

1 week later
#105 10 days ago

proto designs are ready to order which I will do tomorrow and depending on the lighting installed will determine the final look. All lighting will be Comet gear and a fixed colour (that looks the best) and then if you want something a little different you can customise straight from Comet.

Neon Tube Version
Neonv3 (resized).png

Bulb Version
Bulbv3 (resized).png

also the plan is for the decal on top will be similar to the v2 with a large arrow sign but with "OPEN" on the vertical section along with a 3 led stripe matrix (all going well) which will fasten to the back of the snackbar sign and shine on to the "OPEN" and flash. The Snackbar Sign has the slot in the back so wiring can pass through.

Openv3 (resized).png
#106 10 days ago

Looks very clean. Can’t wait to see the prototypes

#107 10 days ago

Counting the days. Looks Awesome #swinks. Received my Creecher shooter knob and plunger plate and they look great!

#108 10 days ago

Looking good Swinks. Can't want to see the protos.

Visually, I like the neon tube version better than the bulb version. The neon seems to fit the 50s them a little better. The bulb version looks a little too busy to my eye.

#109 10 days ago

So rad! Can’t wait.

#110 10 days ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Looking good Swinks. Can't want to see the protos.
Visually, I like the neon tube version better than the bulb version. The neon seems to fit the 50s them a little better. The bulb version looks a little too busy to my eye.

Agreed, the neon tube concept best fits the theme and time. Going to look great!

#111 10 days ago

thanks guys,

yeah the bulb version is really going to be an accessory available to order from Shapeways for those that want to mix it up

#112 9 days ago

Love the design. The only thing that comes to mind when I look at the neon tube version is that with the tube color and the trim color the same (teal) it looks a bit monolithic. Have you tried mocking up a different tube or trim color?

#113 9 days ago

I believe you can swap out the LED strip with whatever? I’m gonna go for hot pink myself

#114 8 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Love the design. The only thing that comes to mind when I look at the neon tube version is that with the tube color and the trim color the same (teal) it looks a bit monolithic. Have you tried mocking up a different tube or trim color?

It is only a mockup and I based the mockup on the v2 which was predominantly sent out with ice blue led strips as they looked cool and had that neon look. I personally had purple and looks cool and on the v1 I had pink el wire which looked cool but wasn't available in the led strips for the v2. Lighting is a funny thing and a 3d model is never going to capture the real finished look of a finished mod.

I won't mockup any other versions for now and the tube design is final (for the moment) and will be a translucent clear which can be backlit with any colour (hopefully ) and will wait for the proto's to be made, painted and then trial with different colour led strips. From there I will make a decision on the final colour led strips and people can always customise down the track.

#115 7 days ago

Looks awesome Swinks, count me in please mate

#116 6 days ago
Quoted from scotttye:

Looks awesome Swinks, count me in please mate

thanks

if keen send me your full name and email address

cheers

Jady

#117 4 days ago

mod update (16-6-18) - proto-types just ordered and should get to me in the next 4 weeks and then I will check for fit on the bench and in the game and if all good, next stop painting

thanks for your patience...

screen-capture-13.png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DBC Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside