• 422 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL Snackbar 3.0 kustom kit - Manual rev4.pdf (PDF preview)
french mod (resized).jpg
french kit (resized).jpg
screen-capture-28 (resized).png
20150518_165823_1600 (resized).jpg
99-010133-00_munchkin_land_assy_WOZ (resized).jpg
5xCustoms (resized).JPG
IMG_0815 (resized).jpg
Creature Plastics.pdf (PDF preview)
Creature Plastics Laser.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2779 (resized).jpg
IMG_2776 (resized).jpg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpg
IMG_0827 (resized).JPG
IMG_0611 (resized).jpeg
There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Ha! Don't let me get you down. I just wanted to provide some criticism. If everyone comes in here and says, "It's perfect!", "It's awesome!", then they aren't pushing you to be the best Swink's you can be.

cheers, appreciate the feedback

Quoted from robotron911:

Maybe a black background on the Snack Bar, so that when lit it looks neon like the sides. Would you be housing it in something? As pictured, it looks like one air ball away from being broken.

Quoted from freegame450:

I really like the concept that you show in your image. Back lit "Snack Bar" sign on top inside a black casing would be awesome.

as mentioned in a few posts there will be a black surround as this is just the initial concept so you will only see the letters and then black around it but to the size of the letters not a ugly box like the current concept.

Quoted from Jodannar:

Liking the options in the design. Front facing snack bar signage is great if viewable from players perspective on the curve

my thoughts as well as wanted to be able to read it from players perspective

Quoted from Soulrider911:

I think this looks amazing! I also have worked with 3D applications a lot and color in these renders do not equate to the color it will be as swinks said. So I would not take color into account, more about the structure and features. I love this

thanks mate and for others I do understand that not everyone has the vision so need to do the full model to get a better idea - just trying to save some time and pick a direction earlier....

Quoted from Gorgar1:

Looking Ace so far I’d better start saving

Quoted from parabol420:

Don't park it! I am ready for version 3, having bought ver 1 and 2 in the past. Can't wait to see how this comes out.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Retiring my v2 for this. Do your thing Swinks

thanks everyone, much appreciate the feedback

#52 5 years ago

if the 'snackbar' sign is clear acrylic, wouldn't a light from the bottom only light up the laser etched letters? that might be cool since you wouldn't notice it for the most part until the snackbar was [open]

#53 5 years ago

please keep going i need v3

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I guess they only show "slasher" films!
Sadly, they closed that restaurant.
We would go often, as my niece worked there, and we didnt have to wait in line.....
Thats great you still have a drive in!, I think there are only a couple left here...
Anyone never been to a drive in? Were they in Europe?
Saw the new snackbar, and trying to think if I have a different game I could use it in......So Sweet!

actually this is still open....

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/sci-fi-dine-in-theater/

#56 5 years ago

My Creech is missing this!

I have the first version and absolutely love it...fits the decor of the machine to a tee...

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes probably will make both available but be sold as neon and people can change it by purchasing the globed version from shapeways when ever it suits them

Hi Swinks,
would the artwork for the globed/domed version from Shapeways still be available?... I really like how V3 is shaping up but my wife loves version 2 and thinks the red dome V2 design is more in keeping with the original look of the playfield.

cheers

Xerxes

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerxes:

Hi Swinks,
would the artwork for the globed/domed version from Shapeways still be available?... I really like how V3 is shaping up but my wife loves version 2 and thinks the red dome V2 design is more in keeping with the original look of the playfield.
cheers
Xerxes

Hi Xerxes,

in v3 there will be artwork on the top but different to mkw it a little unqiue and I won't go there until the sign is finished. The Red down in v1 and v2 is linked to the original plastic but not necessarily related to the artwork. v3 is still yet to get the "SnackBar" logo that will on top to capture the artwork more so I would like to think this version will be more inline with the artwork and theme.

v2 top is available on Shapeways and isn't cheap but they were never cheap even for me which pushed the price up, but is there as a replacement option for people if theirs is damaged or they would like to do a custom paint job....

v1 and v2 tops were actually made by iMaterialise (European option to Shapeways) as they could do a better price on 10 where Shapeways wouldn't budge. But iMaterialise are in Belgium so put the v2 top on Shapeways as by the time postage is added from Europe the price is equivalent and Shapeways postage is much better than iMaterialise.

I hope that helps and will try to get that classic retro look

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if the 'snackbar' sign is clear acrylic, wouldn't a light from the bottom only light up the laser etched letters? that might be cool since you wouldn't notice it for the most part until the snackbar was [open]

I know what you mean but 3d resin printed plastic is a semi cloudy look so will have to back light it, and use the black housing to enhance the letters. Laser etching would be cool but I want the sign curved so gets into an area that isn't ideal

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I know what you mean but 3d resin printed plastic is a semi cloudy look so will have to back light it, and use the black housing to enhance the letters. Laser etching would be cool but I want the sign curved so gets into an area that isn't ideal

hmm...
I might know a guy with a heat bending machine and a jig. if you did it in PETG and laser etched it, you could bottom light it

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

hmm...
I might know a guy with a heat bending machine and a jig. if you did it in PETG and laser etched it, you could bottom light it

yeah I could and have considered but for the first (proto) one I have my heart now set of back lighting like the neon tubes to keep it consistent - should have a mock-up soon to show

thanks for the input and the possible contact ....

#62 5 years ago

Looking forward to it. Great work

#63 5 years ago

still early stages but the general concept

Snackbar v3 (r1)-12 (resized).pngSnackbar v3 (r1)-12 (resized).png

#64 5 years ago

Well I have v1 and love it, but looking at this if there is a list put me on it.

#65 5 years ago

looks great but I still want that single screw location changed to one out of view if possible

move your screw!!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Well I have v1 and love it, but looking at this if there is a list put me on it.

for you or anyone else simply send me a pm with full name and email address,

at the moment will only be a limited run of 50 this year as got too much on at work, family and other projects.

#67 5 years ago

swinks looking great dude, one thing I noticed is this version does not appear to have the red light dome interpreted. Is the plan to do away with it. Personally I like the dome and feel the topside is rather bare without it. Thoughts?

#68 5 years ago

swinks looking great dude, one thing I noticed is this version does not appear to have the red light dome interpreted. Is the plan to do away with it. Personally I like the dome and feel the topside is rather bare without it. Thoughts?

no I have removed the dome as I want the Snackbar logo to be the main focus,

and with the traditional plastic it was roughly 3mm thick so the dome was visible. With v2 and this now v3 are both 23mm high and so push the dome higher and from the players perspective was not really visible during play but you saw the flashing. In addition I had to wear a 15-20% loss on printing issues of hole alignment so prefer not to have decals with holes in them.

The SS plate and top are still going to have a decal so you are not seeing a mass of aqua blue but going to do a slightly different design now on both, in the final model I will add a one colour patch to simulate a decal so you don't see all blue to help visualise.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

looks great but I still want that single screw location changed to one out of view if possible
move your screw!!

I know you are not a big fan of the screw but v1 had 5 screws, v2 had 2 visible screws and v3 will have 1. The proto will be in the front as I don't think it is a issue as have a good feeling of what the end look will be.

The back alternative you suggested will mean a person has to remove the light panel each time which is what I am trying to avoid.

The front alternative you suggested will mean they have to dick around with dodging the ramp and switch which I am trying to avoid.

The top alternative might be a option but then it means more parts come loose in the undoing.

So at the moment the proto will have one black bolt in the front, sorry if this disappoints but I want this mod to be super quick and easy to remove for servicing or swapping out colour leds while still looking streamlined.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I know you are not a big fan of the screw but v1 had 5 screws, v2 had 2 visible screws and v3 will have 1. The proto will be in the front as I don't think it is a issue as have a good feeling of what the end look will be.
The back alternative you suggested will mean a person has to remove the light panel each time which is what I am trying to avoid.
The front alternative you suggested will mean they have to dick around with dodging the ramp and switch which I am trying to avoid.
The top alternative might be a option but then it means more parts come loose in the undoing.
So at the moment the proto will have one black bolt in the front, sorry if this disappoints but I want this mod to be super quick and easy to remove for servicing or swapping out colour leds while still looking streamlined.

The screw looks fine and is Way hidden all the way in the back as you show when installed. I like your consideration for service. Will miss the dome but as long as the sign lights to let you know the snack bar is open and bright enough I think it will be a unique and improved trade off. Really waiting to see the artwork you come up with on the top sea of blue. That will tie it all together. Minor request but I hope you can extend (second piece) a decal over the stainless bracket over the scoop to tie it in a bit. Minor if not. Lets get to production!!!!! Creech is calling for the renovation!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The screw looks fine and is Way hidden all the way in the back as you show when installed. I like your consideration for service. Will miss the dome but as long as the sign lights to let you know the snack bar is open and bright enough I think it will be a unique and improved trade off. Really waiting to see the artwork you come up with on the top sea of blue. That will tie it all together. Minor request but I hope you can extend (second piece) a decal over the stainless bracket over the scoop to tie it in a bit. Minor if not. Lets get to production!!!!! Creech is calling for the renovation!

as for the dome flasher, there is no reason that that light is extended so Snackbar flashes when open but I also have something else up my sleeve if it works

yes there will be a decal again over the Snackbar hole for the stainless steel plate, see the photo has a FILM decal and will do something similar but mix it up with a different background colour instead of the aqua blue like I did on v1 and v2

Snackbar Mod v2.2 (resized).jpgSnackbar Mod v2.2 (resized).jpg

#72 5 years ago

Hey Jady - the new snackbar signage rocks!!

While I like the dome, I'm looking forward to seeing your artwork on the top especially now that you've teased us with "I also have something else up my sleeve"

Keep up the great work mate

#73 5 years ago

Darn it Jady. I was perfectly happy with my v2 mod purchase but you are making it hard for me to not get in on v3. It looks awesome. Great work so far!

#74 5 years ago

Sorry mate, don't mean to tease.... this design is the one I always wanted to do...

#75 5 years ago

Wowzers! I am liking that Snack Bar signage now that you have the black in from of it. I wasn't feeling it better.

The screw - you won't be able to see.

The red dome - I'm undecided.

#76 5 years ago

I like the dome. It give it the retro 50's feel.

#77 5 years ago

The snack bar in the dmd animations doesn’t have a dome on it.replacing it with a sign is fine with me.

#78 5 years ago

swinks one thing to consider with the stand up signage is the possibility of the ball getting stuck behind it. Just something to keep in mind with the angles and other-what-not.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

swinks one thing to consider with the stand up signage is the possibility of the ball getting stuck behind it. Just something to keep in mind with the angles and other-what-not.

yes, this was under consideration and though the design is not finalised I am confident if it got up there it will freely roll off.

bigger problems is Shapeways decided to introduce a few materials but axed quite a few materials - some of which I was banking on with the sign... wait and see

#80 5 years ago

got a few things going on so won't be around as much for a little while

1 week later
#81 5 years ago

Finally got ahold of a fresh ipb olayfield I can finally start my restore all I need is the snack bar mod!

#82 5 years ago

ok, here is what will most probably be proto-type 1 and see how everything fits coupled with paint lighting etc

The decals obviously are just a flat one colour image that will become an art decal for the 2 spots, yet to be designed.

Please let me know your thoughts before I order a proto-type set.

close image of the sign banner
Snack1 (resized).pngSnack1 (resized).png

above view to show that the ball should not get caught
Snack2 (resized).pngSnack2 (resized).png

#83 5 years ago

animation gif - hopefully works

I tried to create a gif that simulates the game off and then on, with then the neon tubes turned on and then the Snackbar sign flashing when the snackbar is open. It will be easy to change this at your end for the snackbar to always be lit like the neon. Once I have a version in my hands I will "try" to do a slight modification to add a lit feature to the top decal for when the snackbar is open as an alternative to the snackbar sign.

snackbar.gifsnackbar.gif

#84 5 years ago

when can i pay

#85 5 years ago

Looks fantastic Jady

#86 5 years ago

Cash in hand! Love the design and addition of the snack sign.

#87 5 years ago

Oh boy! That looks killer man. Will the top decal retain the “open” sign like the v2? Or just be all black swinks

#88 5 years ago

thanks for the feedback guys

the stainless steel plate and snackbar top will have designs on those mock up decals and aim to have an "open" sign or something up on it and won't be all black and all yellow blob decals

#89 5 years ago

Me likey!

#90 5 years ago

I'd like to call dibs as a Paying beta customer if your looking for a test site! lol Looks amazing and I can't wait to place my order. My other Swinks works of art should be here in the next week to dress up my Creech properly.

#91 5 years ago

what I have done in the past is ordered a proto and then test fitted, de-bugged any design issues, take photos and offered up to the early guys at a discounted price and then make any tweaks for the final version

the first on the list can decide if they want the proto or a production version, but generally the proto's have been equivalent to the final version in design and finish - have had a good success rate so far. The base plate will be a v2 as have a couple left but will be doing a v3 which is only a little different underneath only because I am particular and want everything matching for the under design, though all the mount & post holes will be the same but with totally different posts this time round.

I appreciate the keenness and support

#92 5 years ago

Please put me on the list.

#93 5 years ago

Thumbs up on the design Jady

Keen to see what you have in mind for the decal on the top and the potential of a lit "open" feature on the top as well (I like the original dome) but that said I think the blinking Snack Bar signage will be way cool, so look forward to seeing some protos. How bright will the signage light be - will it cast some light over the playfield? Now I'm feeling all nostalgic over flickering neon signs

#94 5 years ago

Looks amazing. Great work.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Mank:

Please put me on the list.

if you are keen send me your full name and email address to lock in a position - list is lmost full

Quoted from Manny65:

Thumbs up on the design Jady
Keen to see what you have in mind for the decal on the top and the potential of a lit "open" feature on the top as well (I like the original dome) but that said I think the blinking Snack Bar signage will be way cool, so look forward to seeing some protos. How bright will the signage light be - will it cast some light over the playfield? Now I'm feeling all nostalgic over flickering neon signs

I aim to have a comet led strip backlighting so should be bright enough to cast some nostalgic effect. As for the dome that was on the original plastic as well as v1 & v2 and I really personal want the "Snackbar" sign to be the unique feature and unlike the original plastic the font will be like the playfield snackbar sign so a better tie in. thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Quoted from Jodannar:

Looks amazing. Great work.

thanks mate

#97 5 years ago

Top job Jady it’s gunna look fantastic mate - I still love my V2 so not sure I wanna change it. See how good your work is everything’s so good I can’t decide lol.

#98 5 years ago

Sonofabitch.... I’ve bought both v1 and v2. Now I’m going to be sending money for v3. You’re killing me, Jady.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Sonofabitch.... I’ve bought both v1 and v2. Now I’m going to be sending money for v3. You’re killing me, Jady.

would you like some cheese to go with that whine? no one is forcing you to purchase the obviously, better and more awesome looking version of the snackbar mod. (besides, I'm doing the same thing

#100 5 years ago

sorry guys, I don't mean to tease with the upgrades, but I get bored so want the next design to be better than the last and the sign was one of me wants from the beginning but just never got there

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
€ 24.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-snackbar-mod-v3-2018/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.