Thought it was time to start a new dedicated thread for Version 3 (v3) of the Snackbar Mod due to quite a few people requesting a Snackbar Mod and since I have wanted to try something out (new feature). I do get bored so tend to do a run of about 100 and then stop for a breather and if enough requests occur I then develop another version to mix it up a little but also improve on the previous design - always aiming for a cleaner look, easier to install and more details but still look the part. But I am also open to constructive ideas and if cool, practical and within cost restrictions like add features suggested by Pinsiders.
Version 3 - Snackmod v3
- to be released soon
- limited to 40 units due to deadline commitment by those keen.
Desired features of v3:
- no bolts in the top through the decal
- one bolt quick release system at the back of the front face once the base plate is installed
- no acrylic light blades - to be replaced with a molded resin 12mm / 1/2" high front plate
- added decal to the molded front plate to enhance the neon and Snackbar look
Open for thoughts :
- on the top surface decal / dome flasher insert - yes/no / Starlight Design / or stars - possibly with some components that can be lit up
Current model design:
start of the design with open front and no bolts in the top and one at the back of the front face
top piece made transparent to show the locking features
- to be confirmed once the design is finalised and prototype made
- I only ask for payment when your mod is ready to post and getting on the wait list only secures you a spot for the mod in the order I get your enquiry.
All I ask is if you are keen, please send me a pm with the subject line being "Snackbar Mod v3" and issue me your
- full name
- email address
If you don't send me a pm I will not put you on the wait list, as posting in the thread that you are keen is cool and appreciated but it won't secure you a position on the wait list. Currently there are about 15 people on the wait list and I tend to build them in batches of about 10 every 4-6 weeks once the design is final and proven.
- when I have an update I will post and encourage others to give your thoughts, ideas etc
History of this mod is:
Version 2 - Snackbar Mod v2
- released January 2016
- finished October 2017
- modeled off features of the building on the playfield with it's unique features but improved the number of bolts in the top from 5 to 2 and switched to laser cut acrylic light blades for improved brightness and lit by linking to the GI powering a led strip.
- downsides were some people felt that it lost a little of the classic rounded neon look, slightly improved assembly
thread can be found here
Version 1 - Snackbar Mod (v1)
- released September 2014
- finished September 2015
- modeled off features of the building on the playfield with it's unique features being it used elwire along with a inverter for a cool neon effect to the Snackbar mod.
- downsides were it was a little timing consuming to install and pulled 12vdc from a already heavily modded game.
thread can be found here
It has taken longer than I had hoped but here is the manual for the released v3.0 Snackbar mod for those on the list which is limited to 40 people along with 3 people that wanted the prototypes. Prototypes are completed and parts are almost in for the production mods to roll out in early 2019. My apologies for the delays and your patience.
V2.0 manual added (removed v1.0 manual)