• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ChadNC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi
Can any one help pinpoint this shut down issue i have with creature .I have thought it could be a loose connector on the power board so have given all the connectors a wiggle to maybe try to
reseat any intermittent connections this has worked but problem reoccurs there are so many connectors which one was it, or is it another problem? any guidance would be helpful

#2 11 years ago

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

Go through the reset list. Could be a few things to consider.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Check for +5 volts on your MPU. anything less than 4.85 is apt to cause a reset. The reason for a drop in voltage is most likely a weak connection such as stressed female connectors and cracked solder joints on the male header pins. Another possibility is chip sockets on the board itself. Over time, the chip's legs can tarnish and/or the socket can lose it's grip on the chip, allowing a poor connection. And battery corrosion can be a problem as well. I don't suspect that here so much because you said messing with the connectors temporarily remedied the problem.

#4 11 years ago

Most often you will get these resets when you hit both flippers at the same time. As Loyd said, there are lots of different things that can cause this. Try taking off and reseating the high power connectors in the top right of the power driver board. If this provides temporary relief, you have connector/header that will need replaced, like smokey suggested.
-Brian

#5 11 years ago

Hi Thanks this will keep me going for most of the day here in Australia

#6 11 years ago

Pulled the board out re soldered the caps and bridge rectifiers now working as advertised thanks guys for the input and guidance

#7 11 years ago

Your game is resetting cause it wants the new LCD hologram mod!

#8 11 years ago

Going below 5v or Bridge Rectifier. I had an issue with my TZ doing the same thing. Switched the one in my BSD with it and never had an issue. Some pins just require more juice i guess. TZ was getting 4.87 and BSD was getting 5.1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 45.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-shuts-down-and-resets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.