• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello-

The chase light bulbs in my CFTBL center ramp were changed out to some #86 LED green bulbs by the previous owner. All of the bulbs work fine when in blinking chase mode, but when they light solid green...5 in the ramp and 2 in the bowl do not light. If I do a All Lamp & Flasher test, all of the ramp lights work, except these 5 ramp and 2 bowl lights flicker.

Is this a ghosting issue due to older LED bulbs that need to be replaced or is this a symptom of an issue with the chase light board or power driver board?

Thanks, Rob

#2 9 years ago

As far as I know there is no current fix for this. I had a similar issue with lights staying on when not chasing but working fine in the chase mode. It's just an issue with the design of the chase board in general as it was specifically made for incandescent bulbs. The problem is the strings are "tied together" and need the filament of the bulbs to basically complete the circuit. Since leds are either on or off there is not enough resistance to create the proper effect in all modes of the chase board. It has driven me so nuts that I just gave up and live with it. I suppose you could add resistors across each lead to simulate having regular bulbs in there. I actually did this and it will fix the problem but they became so hot that I felt they would ruin the ramp plastic, so that's where I quit messing with the issue...anti ghosting 86 bulbs would likely fix it, but to my knowledge nobody makes them. It sucks, but it is what it is...

#3 9 years ago

I think you are right. I have not replaced mine with LEDs for exactly that reason, and just use incandescent bulbs.

2 months later
#4 9 years ago

Anyone ever find a fix for this? I have the same issue. I'm guessing going back to incandescent is the only answer.

Brian

6 years later
#5 3 years ago

Thread resurrection!

I've just released a new board that solves the led issue, and introduces a bunch of new fading patterns to the mix.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-chase-echo-a-redesigned-chase-board-for-cftbl-new

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-ramp-chase-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.