• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi everyone!

I've got a couple of questions about repairs I need to make on my CFTBL. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

1. I'm getting an error message at start up: "Left Flipper EOS stuck closed." It seems to be working for the most part. The only issue I noticed is it's starting to play a little "loose." Any ideas on what's wrong? If I just replaced the entire flipper assembly, would that likely fix it? Is there anything that would likely cause that?
2. The Start button isn't responding regularly. It now requires a couple of pushes before a new game will start.
3. The motor that moves the mirror to make the hologram move has stopped working. The hologram still lights up, but doesn't move back and forth anymore.

Could any of this be related?

Thanks!
Greg

#4 8 years ago

1- look at the left flipper end of stroke switch - it should be open when the flipper is at rest. Is is bent together ? Check in switch edge test.
2 - is the switch behind it firmly in place ?
3 - see if the set screws that secure it to motor are loose.

LTG : )™

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the tips! For the flipper issue, the switch isn't bent together. The two copper(?) pieces are definitely apart.

Greg

#6 8 years ago

For #2: The switch behind the button is loose. Is there a way to tighten it? It seems to just snap in. I can't see any screws.
For #3: I actually think the motor itself is not moving. I'm guessing that means I need a new motor.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

the switch isn't bent together. The two copper(?) pieces are definitely apart.

They may be apart, but they have a short circuit somewhere making the game think they are closed. Start checking from them to the fliptronics board.

LTG : )™

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.