Topic poll

“Who comes next?”

• Theatre 29 votes
    46%
  • Creature 34 votes
    54%

(63 votes)

#1 11 years ago

Just looking for opinions on which has more long-term value. I know it's all opinion, but share yours!

Ideally I plan to add both, but who comes first?

#2 11 years ago

I prefer tom.

#3 11 years ago

theatre would be my choice

#4 11 years ago

ToM is a superior looking pin, gameplay is quite good although there are always a few haters around...

#5 11 years ago

Both great pins. Neither especially deep.

#6 11 years ago

i know i will piss a few people off, but cftbl gameplay is only so so in my opinion. its all opinion, i would go with theatre. its all in what YOU like, not what i say or anyone else says

#7 11 years ago

OK...I have got to say that there are entirely too many people online here at 2 AM!

#8 11 years ago

Love my Tom

#9 11 years ago

its only 1245 in the midwest, west coasters havent even started partying yet!

edit - and I have too many beers to play any good pinball action

#10 11 years ago

Creature!!!!

#11 11 years ago

If you are planning on playing it as opposed to just turning it on and looking at it then CFTBL. ToM is a looker and plays pretty decent till you get to the Grand Finale. The should rename it the Grand Letdown....

#12 11 years ago

Owned both. Still got creech.

#13 11 years ago

I'm trying to get more keeper games. I guess tomorrow morning I will go look at ToM and see how rough it is and go from there...

#14 11 years ago

I've got TOM, have played creech. I like it, but would never trade my TOM for it.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Owned both. Still got creech

+ 1

#16 11 years ago

I don't have room in my basement for many pins because of my vids. However, I think I have room for 2 more pins. Of those, Creech will be one. I know it isn't much for a true pinhead in terms of gameplay, but I'm more of a theme-type collector. I don't play my games for hours every day, and I just think Creech looks much cooler and is simple enough to play that the average joe can have fun with it.

#17 11 years ago

I went with Creech. Owned ToM twice and moved it twice. Gorgeous game but something about it gets repetitive.

My choice here is that both are equal in gameplay in different ways, but both are great as collectible art packages. Creech wins with great retro movie poster art and theme integration. By a nose.

#18 11 years ago

I've had little seat time with ToM, but I like it. I prefer Creech more though.

#19 11 years ago

CFTBL when people come over they love it. But I have had very little time on ToM.

#20 11 years ago

Have you played either of them. I would recommend that you do so. The big problem that I have with CFTBL is that I can's see the ball most of the time. It is blocked by all the plastic and ramps. I like the theme and artwork, but not enough to overcome the poor visibility.

#21 11 years ago

Both are very good games but also very different IMHO.

I own CFTBL so I am slightly biased towards it obviously.
TOM is pretty and about flow and some cool toys. Creech is pure old school pinball with tough tasks and a drain monster. It also gets the slight nod for overall feel and integration IMHO.

I would like to own both someday.

maf-mi >> I think you need more time on Creech as the ball is rarely blocked for anything important. You can clearly see every shot, rollovers, slings, and outlanes. There is really nothing blocked in CFTBL at all. They did an amazing job with layout considering everything that is packed in.

#22 11 years ago

Creech again and again. Nothing like it out there.

Dan

#23 11 years ago

Creech
Teal pop bumpers lit up gives heaps more visibility. A great unique package.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Owned both. Still got creech.

Ditto!

ToM... even though fun and nice looking... got old quick for me.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

ToM... even though fun and nice looking... got old quick for me.

A good assessment, in a larger collection its a keeper in my book.

#26 11 years ago

This poll is as even as it gets

#27 11 years ago

Own Creech, want to add a Tom. Something basic and fun about both of them. Almost more fun than my TZ or Indy in that they're so easy to start up and play.

#28 11 years ago

Owned both, still have Creech......ToM hasn't been missed for a second.

#29 11 years ago

Had a ToM, got old very quickly. Creech is still holding it's own and at a better value.

#30 11 years ago

TOM every time, it's much deeper and has much more lastibility. Another great Popaduik creation.

#31 11 years ago

tom did not last

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I went with Creech. Owned ToM twice and moved it twice. Gorgeous game but something about it gets repetitive.

Yep, to me the thing that gets repetitive with ToM is maximizing the multiplier. LOTS of left orbit shots. That was way more repetitive to me than hitting the trunk.

#34 11 years ago

I have a Tom .

But if you want a game that makes you come back to it pick creech.

It will give a good game and then it will make so mad you will want to give up on it .

If you like a challenge all the time go for CFTBL

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

I have a Tom .
But if you want a game that makes you come back to it pick creech.
It will give a good game and then it will make so mad you will want to give up on it .
If you like a challenge all the time go for CFTBL

Yep.

Sometimes it really does feel like the snackbar is closed as I cannot find the entrance again and again and again

#36 11 years ago

Creech all the way...

ToM gets old very quickly as so does the magician's assistant voice. I had ToM 3x and it just didn't seem to keep the hold very long at all. So they VANISHED!

#37 11 years ago

TOM for me and I really dig the look and drive in theme for Creech but the game play didn't do it for me.

#38 11 years ago

CFTBL - I will never stray from calling it the worst machine made.

TOM - one of the best.

#39 11 years ago

I have both - I play ToM when I want fast paced, lots of flow and speed.

I play creech when I want something more technical more unforgiving where if you miss a shot you pay.

More to do in ToM, everyone bitches about the wizard mode...but the way mine is setup people rarely achieve it anyway.

#40 11 years ago

CFTBL is one of my favorites but I have to admit I'm shocked it's winning right now. I always got the impression it was more of a love/hate game while ToM was more of a crowd pleaser.

I'll own ToM someday but Creech isn't going anywhere. Ever.

#41 11 years ago

I will admit I was very suprised to see Creech being the favorite, esp since it is typically found for much cheaper than TOM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-or-tom-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.