Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What colour LED filament lighting would you prefer in the sign, see post #23 for photo comparison.”

• Pink 24 votes
    73%
  • Blue 6 votes
    18%
  • Green 2 votes
    6%
  • Red 1 vote
    3%

(33 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6585 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_6588 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5191 (resized).jpg
IMG_5221 (resized).jpg
IMG_5209 (resized).jpg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.26.55 am (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.18.46 am (resized).png
cftbl2 (resized).jpg
cftbl (resized).PNG
OPEN Sign Colour Options (resized).png
20230324_084420 (resized).jpg
20230324_084442 (resized).jpg
20230324_084341 (resized).jpg
IMG_0214 (resized).jpeg
OPEN Sign Colour Options (resized).png
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago

It’s all good I don’t even have creech yet .. buddy is doing the restore almost done . I sent him the snack bar mod and it’s in

Happy Birthday !

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

It’s all good I don’t even have creech yet .. buddy is doing the restore almost done . I sent him the snack bar mod and it’s in
Happy Birthday !

no worries, thanks for your understanding, these soon will be rolling out faster

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Day off today - as another year older and don't work on my birthday
Jady

slacker!

#105 1 year ago

Please add me to the list.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Please add me to the list.

no worries, you are added

#107 1 year ago

Update 28-2-23

Batch of 30

- we are so close and while my parts / your parts left last Friday it has been a slower trip than normal...
- estimated delivery is for tomorrow so all going well look out for payment options being sent to you tomorrow night
- then will send Thurs / Fri and early next week - but depends on how quick people pay - but will send out in order or payments coming in.

Then for the next batch I will start sending messages over the weekend to finalise what colour lighting you prefer and I will be ordering all the professional printed parts by the end of the week for delivery in about 3 weeks time and so on.

cheers

Jady

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 7.57.30 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-02-28 at 7.57.30 am (resized).png
#108 1 year ago

Parts turned up a day early, yeah...

So now finally have all the parts for the first batch of 30 OPEN signs, I will be in touch with the first batch people in the next 24hrs and they will all be ready to send out tomorrow subject to payment and time....

498B49FF-DC87-4467-BEC8-BB597E1A6D9C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg498B49FF-DC87-4467-BEC8-BB597E1A6D9C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg5ED8FD1C-C106-48CD-94AC-A5099AA6BB44_1_105_c (resized).jpeg5ED8FD1C-C106-48CD-94AC-A5099AA6BB44_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#109 1 year ago

Update 2-3-23

- current batch of 30 completed
- 19 kits have been posted
- 11 kits waiting for payment
across multiple forums

next batch
- will be reaching out to the next 30 people in the next 2 days
- led filament ordered and will be ordering the professionally printed parts tonight
- start preparing wiring early next week
- those that ordered snackbars with the signs - they are all ready and boxed

#110 1 year ago

Update - 4-3-23

- I have reached up to the next 30 + 10 people across multiple forums and facebook.
- decided to order in batches of 40 for some minor cost savings
- aiming to build a batch of 30 ready by the end of March
- aiming to build a mini-batch of 10 a week after the batch of 30

and I will order a last batch of 40 kits worth at the end of march as that will fulfill all orders and leave me a few spare and then take it from there.
- if you haven't heard from me you will then be in this batch which will be ready between mid April through to the end of April.
- if you are worried you have been missed please just reach out and double check where you are placed.

cheers

Jady

#111 1 year ago

Added my Swinks open sign today it looks awesome thanks Jady. My game had the wrong centre lane switch on it so the blade was too long. So instead of changing the switch I just foraged through the pin parts stash and used a longer screw and added a spacer to lift the sign up and it does the job perfectly.
1BFA88A6-7003-4E45-A085-731D7D85C54E (resized).jpeg1BFA88A6-7003-4E45-A085-731D7D85C54E (resized).jpeg

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Added my Swinks open sign today it looks awesome thanks Jady. My game had the wrong centre lane switch on it so the blade was too long. So instead of changing the switch I just foraged through the pin parts stash and used a longer screw and added a spacer to lift the sign up and it does the job perfectly.
[quoted image]

looks awesome, the pink goes nicely with the pink in the playfield, enjoy and thanks for your support

#113 1 year ago

Update 7-3-23

- 28 of the 30 have gone out of the first batch of 30 - with one paying soon and 1 person travelling overseas (his was a blue light sign) so have hit the next person on the list of the next batch to take this one.
- temperatures are crazy here so not really spending much time in the shed - with record autumn temps of 42 deg / 107.6 fahr
- everything is ordered for 40 kits (batch of 30 and then a batch of 10 a week later)
- still waiting on confirmation details from 10 of the 40 people so if you want a specific colour other than pink or any additional parts please update me as you might fall into the +10 group

Also I encourage those with the mod to post pictures of installs especially if not pink lit.

cheers

Jady

#114 1 year ago

Here is mine. Had to remove the jumper that reverses the polarity.

D1E77308-2916-4FE2-AE1A-25408F57C179 (resized).jpegD1E77308-2916-4FE2-AE1A-25408F57C179 (resized).jpeg
#115 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing, looks nice

yes it is funny that some games need the polarity wire and others don't - must be variations in the games

1 week later
#116 1 year ago

Update - 20th March 2023

parts for next 40 kits coming this week so will be finishing these off and be in touch with a bunch of you for payment BUT still waiting on a number of you to let me know if you still want the mod and what colour led to install into the mod.

Can the following people let me know via pm if they are in or out and what colour lighting you would like:
ZMeny
jobowens
2manypins
DankoMcSpain
Soulrider911

Once I send out info / payment requests please pay and/or let me know within 7 days otherwise if I haven't heard from you by the 7 days I will bump you back to the end of the next batch and move up people from the next batch.

cheers

Jady

OPEN Sign Colour Options (resized).pngOPEN Sign Colour Options (resized).png

#117 1 year ago

Very cool - I am in for a pink sign. (I would add a drive-in speaker and MRS cover to my order when the time comes.)

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Very cool - I am in for a pink sign. (I would add a drive-in speaker and MRS cover to my order when the time comes.)

you and your details have been added - you will just fall into the next batch of 40

cheers

#119 1 year ago

parts for 40 signs arrived early, now waiting for the special leds which will be in the next 1-2 days. I do have about 12 lighting kits in stock so will be reaching out to 12 of your soon.

IMG_0214 (resized).jpegIMG_0214 (resized).jpeg
#120 1 year ago

Note for everyone that is paying

- please pay in Australia Dollars = AUD

- and on the payment quote - I give you 4 options:
1. Standard Post / Friends and Family Payment
2. Standard Post / Merchandise Payment
3. Express Post / Friends and Family Payment
4. Express Post / Merchandise Payment

- I will refund you payment if in USD or some amount that doesn't match your payment quote and we will try again.

If you are in the US or Europe:
- select Friends and Family OR Merchandise which you will have 2 options on your sheet - Standard Post and Express
- then touch on the currency, which defaults to USD and change to AUD
- then type the amount the receiver (Swinks) gets
- then hit send and let me know which postage you wanted so I can double check

#121 1 year ago

Update 22-3-23

Batch 2 - 40 Kits
- assembling, notifying people and posting over the next few days

Batch 3 - 40 Kits
- will be in touch with everyone over the weekend and early next week to get lighting colour preferences
- should be ready in 3-4 weeks time

cheers

Jady

#122 1 year ago

Update 24-3-23

Batch 2 - 40 kits
- all 40 kits are made
- have notified everyone
- 14 kits mailed off, 5 kits going today
- there are 4 spots available so will reach out to people on the batch today

#123 1 year ago

A pinhead from Norway sent me pic's of his Open Sign install and loves it.

20230324_084341 (resized).jpg20230324_084341 (resized).jpg20230324_084420 (resized).jpg20230324_084420 (resized).jpg20230324_084442 (resized).jpg20230324_084442 (resized).jpg
#124 1 year ago

Update 28-3-23

Batch 2 - 40 kits
- all kits complete
- 35 kits sent out
- 5 kits ready but waiting for responses from: a guy from Pinball Info Forum, another via email and 3 pinsiders - SolarGarlic brucea1956 DB62
- what ever is left by 2-4-23 will be offered to the next guys on Batch 3 next Monday and the above removed from the list as have sent multiple messages

Batch 3 - 40 kits
- parts ordered and parts being made
- sent out request to everyone to get their colour lighting preference and address info
- 5 spare kits available if anyone wants one
- these should be ready by around 17th April

Please hit me up if I have missed anyone that has not received a message, my apologies if I have.

cheers

Jady

OPEN Sign Colour Options (resized).pngOPEN Sign Colour Options (resized).png
#125 1 year ago

I received the CFTBL 'Open' sign mod yesterday and just finished installing it. The installation was straight forward and the documentation was very professional.

The mod looks great in my CFTBL and I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Gord

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I received the CFTBL 'Open' sign mod yesterday and just finished installing it. The installation was straight forward and the documentation was very professional.
The mod looks great in my CFTBL and I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Gord

Thanks Gord

Looks great and tells the player what to do and colour is a nice match.

Enjoy and thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

Jady

#127 1 year ago

Hi Jady,

Received my mod today - thank you! I ran into a small issue. I have Davey's Move Your Snackbar mod, and I currently have it set up to turn on only when the snackbar is open. See this screen capture from the MYS mod.

cftbl (resized).PNGcftbl (resized).PNG

To add the OPEN Sign I would need to split this connector again. I just happen to have a stock pile of MATRIX adapters that I've built up over time including a Y adapter. Hoarding parts finally pays off.

cftbl2 (resized).jpgcftbl2 (resized).jpg

I'll take the rest to a private message as I don't want to bog up this thread.

#128 1 year ago

I designed this mod to suit the Snackbar Mod or just a standard game and did not factor Stumblor's lighting upgrade - so you may need to just experiment or ask Davey to clarify and update his manual as he did get this OPEN Sign Mod as well. I am not sure if a socket is shared is a issue - shouldn't be as just supplies power.

- in the Swinks - Open Sign Mod - Manual Rev2 on page 9 it explains to connect the supplied socket of the Open Sign Mod to the taller / higher bulb (lhs bulb which is the traditional Red Dome) see screen shot from the manual

Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.18.46 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.18.46 am (resized).png

- the right hand socket / bulb is the GI socket so connect the lead from the snackbar to this one, which means the Snackbar Mod neon and signage will always be on. If you want the "SnackBar" sign to come on when the Snackbar is open then remove the splitter wire from underneath the Snackbar and add it to the lhs bulb connector of the playfield.

The image you are referencing is from Stumblor's Manual for the "Move Your Snackbar Mod" lighting upgrade.

Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.26.55 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.26.55 am (resized).png

#129 1 year ago

Hi Jady, yes I posted the screenshot of Stumblor's manual to show that I had chosen to use the left socket, and not the GI for his MYS mod which is Y I had to use the Y adapter for my setup.

Long story short, I just needed the Y adapter, which I had, and everything is working and running great! Just posting the info here in case anyone else in this thread has a similar install to me with the Move Your Snackbar mode.

This really is a great mod and I can't wait to get a few games in and see it light up during gameplay!

Thank you!!!

#130 1 year ago

Here is a link to the revised manual, clarity of when the mod lights up and some grammar fix ups

https://swinks.com.au/manuals

Quoted from Fifty:

Hi Jady, yes I posted the screenshot of Stumblor's manual to show that I had chosen to use the left socket, and not the GI for his MYS mod which is Y I had to use the Y adapter for my setup.
Long story short, I just needed the Y adapter, which I had, and everything is working and running great! Just posting the info here in case anyone else in this thread has a similar install to me with the Move Your Snackbar mode.
This really is a great mod and I can't wait to get a few games in and see it light up during gameplay!
Thank you!!!

no worries, I received a gifted MYS during my selling of the game so never got to install - though still have it stashed incase I get another CFTBL down the track - I do miss the game.

1 week later
#131 1 year ago

Update 11-4-23

- Sign parts arrived earlier so already have some Pink Signs completed and will reach out to a small batch of people in the next 24hrs
- Still waiting on blue lighting - should be 1-2 weeks
- Still waiting on some more poster mod parts - should be 1-2 weeks

Chat to you all soon and sorry that not everything is finished at the same time but will not be long.

cheers

Jady

2 weeks later
#132 12 months ago

Update 27-4-23

- All OPEN signs have been completed
- Waiting on payment for 14 x Open Sign kits to Europe (bundle purchase)
- Almost finished a batch of Snackbars and then can fulfill 3 more Sign Orders with Snackbars

and then have
- 5 x OPEN Signs in Stock ready to go

That makes 122 Signs made in total.

Thanks for the support everyone, it is very much appreciated and if you want or need a OPEN Sign Mod just reach out.

For interest the coloured units were:
- 101 x PINK (83%)
- 19 x BLUE (15.5%)
- 1 x GREEN (0.75%)
- 1 x RED (0.75%)

Cheers
Jady

#133 12 months ago

Received and installed my pink OPEN sign yesterday. Looks much better than my blurry, phone quality pictures. Thanks Jady!

IMG_5191 (resized).jpgIMG_5191 (resized).jpgIMG_5194 (resized).jpgIMG_5194 (resized).jpgIMG_5209 (resized).jpgIMG_5209 (resized).jpgIMG_5221 (resized).jpgIMG_5221 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#134 10 months ago

I’m late to install it (other peoples games take priority) but it really finishes the other snack bar mods nicely and helpful for noobs too.

IMG_6585 (resized).jpegIMG_6585 (resized).jpegIMG_6588 (resized).jpegIMG_6588 (resized).jpeg
#135 10 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I’m late to install it (other peoples games take priority) but it really finishes the other snack bar mods nicely and helpful for noobs too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

great to hear, thanks for sharing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 27.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-open-sign/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.