Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What colour LED filament lighting would you prefer in the sign, see post #23 for photo comparison.”

• Pink 24 votes
    73%
  • Blue 6 votes
    18%
  • Green 2 votes
    6%
  • Red 1 vote
    3%

(33 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6585 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_6588 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5191 (resized).jpg
IMG_5221 (resized).jpg
IMG_5209 (resized).jpg
IMG_5194 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.26.55 am (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 11.18.46 am (resized).png
cftbl2 (resized).jpg
cftbl (resized).PNG
OPEN Sign Colour Options (resized).png
20230324_084420 (resized).jpg
20230324_084442 (resized).jpg
20230324_084341 (resized).jpg
IMG_0214 (resized).jpeg
OPEN Sign Colour Options (resized).png
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Paulb:

Id like one please

Quoted from Fifty:

Wow, I'm late to the party.
Please add me. Pink is my vote.

you guys are added, thanks for the support

so far colour votes via message to me or stated above is:
4 x blue
14 x pink

#52 1 year ago

23-12-22 Update

4 x Proto-Signs have been sent out to pinheads in Australia (x1), USA (x2), Netherlands (x1) - these guys will install and take a heap of photos for me so I can then complete a manual.

Also I should have given credit to one Aussie Pinhead earlier than now (sorry mate) - Thanks Darren, who approached me in regards to the OPEN Sign idea who asked me to consider this concept, sent me a sketch and helped with a few photos and measurements and the rest is history a month later we have the above as I happen to have some lighting spare and the art work I did for the Snackbar Decal to carry it through on to the sign.

Where to from here:
- I will mock up a manual and allow for some gaps so the guys can help me with a number of install photos
- get there constructive feedback on any improvements for design and install
- see if I can improve the price any more
- make the required changes to the design and then start ordering - hoping to order first batch of 10 kits at the end of Jan and then should be 25 kits per 3 weeks after the first 10

Have a great Christmas break everyone

Cheers

Jady

#53 1 year ago

Hi Jady,
Thanks for all, Sounds more than good
Happy Hollidays

#54 1 year ago

Jady,

Please add me to your list. Thanks!

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Jady,
Please add me to your list. Thanks!

you are on, chat in the new year

#56 1 year ago

Please add me for a pink. Thank you

#57 1 year ago

I’m in if not too late. Thanks. Looks awesome.

#58 1 year ago

Jady, PLEASE add me for a "OPEN" sign mod in PINK. I have ordered from you multiple times in the past. THANK YOU and Merry Christmas!

Dan

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from brucea1956:

Please add me for a pink. Thank you

Quoted from DB62:

Jady, PLEASE add me for a "OPEN" sign mod in PINK. I have ordered from you multiple times in the past. THANK YOU and Merry Christmas!
Dan

you both added to the list as well as you brucea1956 , thanks for your interest and support,

and there is no limit at this stage.

#60 1 year ago

I will be going back through records to see what Snackbar versions people have and then in the new year get in touch with everyone to see what their colour preference is to determine what to order but looking like pink at this stage and check if they are still keen.

My goal is to tweak the design a little, order a batch of 10 in Jan and re-supply the testers with a v2 Open sign and then the first 6 people on the list and if I am happy with the design it will be batches of 25 every 3 weeks - subject to led filament wire as this will be the time consuming component.

Have a good Pin-mas everyone

#61 1 year ago

I would say pink. Offsets the blue nicely.

#62 1 year ago

Didn’t add in earlier post but pink for me too Jady.

Merry Christmas mate.

Peter.

#63 1 year ago

1st OPEN Sign Mod arrived to an Aussie Tester (1 of 4) and he was happy with the design, 10 minute install without instructions, nice colour intensity and definitely shows when the Snackbar is open.

IMG_20221229_164347_198 (resized).jpgIMG_20221229_164347_198 (resized).jpgIMG_20221229_170349_713 (resized).jpgIMG_20221229_170349_713 (resized).jpgIMG_20221229_170404_780 (resized).jpgIMG_20221229_170404_780 (resized).jpg

#64 1 year ago

Update - 3-1-23

- currently gone through all the previous records and identified what versions people have
- 6 people want to get a snackbar and sign
- 15 people are not on my records so assume they purchased via the 2nd market or via a on sold game and hopefully not caught by 2 different copies / fakes that are getting around.

I will be in touch first with the 15 people not on my records to fill in the blanks and get in touch with everyone else while waiting for testers to get back to me.

I am going to refine the design a fraction in the mount and at the back to make a few slight improvements and then will get into production.

cheers

Jady

#65 1 year ago

Big Thanks to Danzig for the photos of his game with a few mods installed. The whole playfield shows the OPEN sign nice and clean on and open for business.

Bally - CFTBL - Playfield Overview (resized).jpgBally - CFTBL - Playfield Overview (resized).jpgBally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod and Open Sign (resized).jpgBally - CFTBL - Snackbar Mod and Open Sign (resized).jpgBally - CFTBL - Drive-in Speaker Mod (resized).jpgBally - CFTBL - Drive-in Speaker Mod (resized).jpgBally - CFTBL - Poster Mod (resized).jpgBally - CFTBL - Poster Mod (resized).jpg

#66 1 year ago

If the snack bar mod is still available, can I be added to the list ? Also the price if available for both the snack bar and open sign. Thanks !

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Gube637:

If the snack bar mod is still available, can I be added to the list ? Also the price if available for both the snack bar and open sign. Thanks !

Yes the snackbar mod is still available - I will send you a pm

#68 1 year ago

Update 7-1-23
- 3 of the 4 testers have received and installed their v1's of the sign and issued photos & feedback. The 4th is heading to The Netherlands so will take alittle longer to get there
- overall the feedback was good - the sign fitted and suited the location and did not obstruct any views of anything and all testers were happy with the look and function telling you when the snackbar was open.
- the one negative which I knew might be an issue was the heatshrink over the end of the filament wire as I wanted to strengthen it but was a little restrictive for installation and routing the cable past the ramp switch.

Improvements
- so I have now redesigned v2 of the OPEN sign mod 3 times over the last few days to improve and refine the design in a number of ways.
- the sign font remained the same
- the sign width remained the same
- the depth of the main body increased from 10-11mm deep
- the main body now slides over the mount bracket and anchored with a screw
- the LED filament wire and comet wires are now restrained differently in the back with a small cover now covering the wiring allowing just the comet extension wire to exit. This removed the need for heavy heatshrink and much better flexibility of the exiting wire making installation much easier.

Where to from here
- 50 sets of LED filament has been ordered but will take a 3-4 weeks
- 100 sets of comet wiring ordered and in the post
- ordering 5 sets of OPEN Sign v2 parts (was 3 parts and now 4 parts) on Monday 9th Jan so should have in 2-3 weeks
- once the 5 sets are in I will assemble and check that 100%. I will offer 4 sets to the testers and any that are not wanted will be offered to the first people on the list
- then I will order 25 sets roughly ever 3 weeks to get currently 80 people their mods.

Sign Lighting colouring:
- I will predominatly make these in pink and no money up front until ready to post out.
- I will offer red, blue and green but will ask for payment up front before installing into the mod - but will be limited to what I have in stock.

I will be in touch with everyone soon to see what colour they prefer, if they want any other parts and any postal details they still need to provide.

Here is the OPEN Sign v2 re-design

Open Sign v2-1 (resized).pngOpen Sign v2-1 (resized).pngOpen Sign v2-2 (resized).pngOpen Sign v2-2 (resized).pngOpen Sign v2-3 (resized).pngOpen Sign v2-3 (resized).pngOpen Sign v2-4 (resized).pngOpen Sign v2-4 (resized).png
#69 1 year ago

4th Mod Tester got his mods and in stalled and was very happy with it and sent me a heap pf pictures as did the other 3 testers so now I can complete the manual.

image27.jpegimage27.jpegimage29.jpegimage29.jpeg
#70 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Update 7-1-23
- 3 of the 4 testers have received and installed their v1's of the sign and issued photos & feedback. The 4th is heading to The Netherlands so will take alittle longer to get there
- overall the feedback was good - the sign fitted and suited the location and did not obstruct any views of anything and all testers were happy with the look and function telling you when the snackbar was open.
- the one negative which I knew might be an issue was the heatshrink over the end of the filament wire as I wanted to strengthen it but was a little restrictive for installation and routing the cable past the ramp switch.
Improvements
- so I have now redesigned v2 of the OPEN sign mod 3 times over the last few days to improve and refine the design in a number of ways.
- the sign font remained the same
- the sign width remained the same
- the depth of the main body increased from 10-11mm deep
- the main body now slides over the mount bracket and anchored with a screw
- the LED filament wire and comet wires are now restrained differently in the back with a small cover now covering the wiring allowing just the comet extension wire to exit. This removed the need for heavy heatshrink and much better flexibility of the exiting wire making installation much easier.
Where to from here
- 50 sets of LED filament has been ordered but will take a 3-4 weeks
- 100 sets of comet wiring ordered and in the post
- ordering 5 sets of OPEN Sign v2 parts (was 3 parts and now 4 parts) on Monday 9th Jan so should have in 2-3 weeks
- once the 5 sets are in I will assemble and check that 100%. I will offer 4 sets to the testers and any that are not wanted will be offered to the first people on the list
- then I will order 25 sets roughly ever 3 weeks to get currently 80 people their mods.
Sign Lighting colouring:
- I will predominatly make these in pink and no money up front until ready to post out.
- I will offer red, blue and green but will ask for payment up front before installing into the mod - but will be limited to what I have in stock.
I will be in touch with everyone soon to see what colour they prefer, if they want any other parts and any postal details they still need to provide.
Here is the OPEN Sign v2 re-design
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great man! Can’t wait for mine.

#71 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. Thanks!

1 week later
#72 1 year ago

Update 19-1-23 - on the OPEN Sign Mod, all the parts will be arriving any day now for revision 2 of the sign - 10 kits worth. Once assembled and happy, I will be hopefully be going full steam ahead on these. Will be chatting to some people early on the list soon.

IMG_8960 (resized).JPGIMG_8960 (resized).JPG
#73 1 year ago

Update - 23-1-23

- next 10 kits just arrived
- 4 kits will be offered to the testers as this version under went a number of changes
- 6 kits will be offered to the first 6 people on the list and any of the 4 kits not taken up will be offered to the next people on the list.
- I am very happy with these, as these no longer have heavy heatshrink on the exiting wire making for improved wire routing.
- everything assembles nicely and the back cable cover aids in restraining the exiting wire and hiding the small remaining sections of the LED Filament wire.

For those that I will be contacting I have the following colours:
- 50 x pink
- 7 x blue
- 5 x red
- 5 x green

so you will have your choice, but first in best dressed.

0106FC94-590C-4DB6-82BE-A288DF7AA6C3_1_105_c (resized).jpeg0106FC94-590C-4DB6-82BE-A288DF7AA6C3_1_105_c (resized).jpeg335C7C8C-B897-4E0C-AF04-E17D0EE628BD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg335C7C8C-B897-4E0C-AF04-E17D0EE628BD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg50061B0F-76CB-4C8A-8959-048E754BEC94_1_105_c (resized).jpeg50061B0F-76CB-4C8A-8959-048E754BEC94_1_105_c (resized).jpeg57E3BFEF-2DE9-4247-8B73-80691E86B40B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg57E3BFEF-2DE9-4247-8B73-80691E86B40B_1_105_c (resized).jpegA3878CCA-A4A7-44B0-B879-B4D8C00CD57E_1_105_c (resized).jpegA3878CCA-A4A7-44B0-B879-B4D8C00CD57E_1_105_c (resized).jpegF460E4A1-384B-452D-AE20-45EF508E2182_1_105_c (resized).jpegF460E4A1-384B-452D-AE20-45EF508E2182_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#74 1 year ago

oh, I forgot final pricing:

$135 AUD for the mod and lead + postage

BUT if you are purchasing an OPEN Sign Mod & Snackbar Mod together
OR
purchased a Snackbar Mod in the past directly off Swinks you will get a $10 discount making the mod $125 AUD + postage

cheers

Jady

CFTBL - Products 1 (resized).pngCFTBL - Products 1 (resized).pngCFTBL - Products 2 (resized).pngCFTBL - Products 2 (resized).png
#75 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

oh, forgot pricing:
$135 AUD for the mod and lead + postage
BUT if you are purchasing an OPEN Sign Mod & Snackbar Mod together
OR
purchased a Snackbar Mod in the past directly off Swinks you will get a $10 discount making the mod $125 AUD + postage
cheers
Jady

As always, top notch job! Love seeing your work!

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

As always, top notch job! Love seeing your work!

cheers mate, means alot coming from a greater modder / pinhead

#77 1 year ago

Update

- messaged 4 x testers
- messaged 1st 6 people on the list

and then I will wait to see if any become available and then I will be in touch with even one to see if they want anything, what colour led they would like installed and the next 25 kits and any other possible parts will be ready in 2-3 weeks

keep an eye on your messages and if nothing in the next 24 hours you are in a later batch.

cheers

Jady

#78 1 year ago

PM sent

#79 1 year ago

got it, thanks, you are on the list

#80 1 year ago

Update - 25-1-23

I had hoped to mail off most of the packages yesterday afternoon but failed - am sorry guys - personal stuff.

I was down there first thing this morning and mailed everything off early and will send messages to everyone later tonight with your tracking links.

Then I will message everyone on the list with a info sheet and ask there address details, what colour led they want in there sign and if they want anything else. Hoping to order the next run of 25 kits along with anything else people may want, then approx 3 weeks later will be sending another 25 kits out.

#81 1 year ago

I have reached out to the first 25 people for the next batch and not for any batches after this next one. So if you sent me a message around the time of launch you are on the list.

cheers

Jady

#82 1 year ago

A Updated manual is now available for the OPEN Sign Mod, and the first 30 signs are under way now. These will be mostly made with Pink lighting but have limited stock of Blue, Green and Red - though Blue is almost all allocated. The manual can be found here so you can preview the mod and it is a simple one to install and works with all versions of the Snackbar Mod. https://swinks.com.au/manuals

Assembly Drawing (resized).pngAssembly Drawing (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-30 at 6.22.28 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-30 at 6.22.28 pm (resized).png

#83 1 year ago

Getting excited for this! How far down the list am I ???? Lol

#84 1 year ago

Gee, I think I might like the blue best. No pink. No blue. Damn it!

#85 1 year ago

Just saw this thread. Jesus, now the Snackbar mod (that I've upgraded 3 times) feels naked. Sign me up.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Getting excited for this! How far down the list am I ???? Lol

I have reached out to the first 30 people as decided to do batches of 30 and aiming every 3-4 weeks. flash you are at the start of batch 3.

The list grew rapidly as released to 3 different forums and facebook on the same day.

I will be reaching out to batch 2 people very soon (within the next few days)

Quoted from Fifty:

Gee, I think I might like the blue best. No pink. No blue. Damn it!

Hey Fifty , always will be pink available, limited blue but I will order some more as a few people want that. Maybe you meant no purple ??? LED filament wire is not available in purple sadly...

Quoted from robotron911:

Just saw this thread. Jesus, now the Snackbar mod (that I've upgraded 3 times) feels naked. Sign me up.

Hey @robotron911, snackbar is not changing and this OPEN sign fits with any snackbar version, I have added you to the list - in batch 3. thanks for the support

cheers

Jady

#87 1 year ago

Hi Jady, can you add me to the list to go along with your other mods? Thanks! This looks awesome!

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from n4297m:

Hi Jady, can you add me to the list to go along with your other mods? Thanks! This looks awesome!

thanks for the support, you are dded and will be in touch soon

cheers

1 week later
#89 1 year ago

Hi Jady, any room left for me?

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Hi Jady, any room left for me?

yes, no worries, will add you to the list - you are in the 3rd batch to be made

#91 1 year ago

Just a note to everyone getting these, that it is a complex and compact design in a small package. If you are curious on the lighting please take note of the drawing of how to remove the base mount - DO NOT PULL from the Base "L" mount bracket as you may snap the bracket.

I will do a video soon, once parts come in to show the inside and how to remove the base mount.

Jady

Assembly Drawing.pngAssembly Drawing.png

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Just a note to everyone getting these, that it is a complex and compact design in a small package. If you are curious on the lighting please take note of the drawing of how to remove the base mount - DO NOT PULL from the Base "L" mount bracket as you may snap the bracket.
I will do a video soon, once parts come in to show the inside and how to remove the base mount.
Jady
[quoted image]

Your documentation is very professional as are your mods.

Gord

#93 1 year ago

Update 14-2-23

All the professional made printed parts (not home printed) for 30 kits are due to arrive between this Friday (17th Feb) and next Monday (20th Feb) all going well and I will inspect for quality and then assemble if everything is good to go.

Will update once they arrive.

cheers

Jady

#94 1 year ago

Update 20-2-23

- Well all the parts arrived over the weekend and today BUT for the back inserts / main mount they printed v1's and not v2's.

- The 4 testers that received OPEN Sign v1's got a full replacement OPEN Sign v2 Mod which internally including the back mount changed a quite a bit. The company was very apologetic and now doing the OPEN Sign back insert / main mount latest version as a high priority and sending asap. The v1 mounts are throw aways and can't be used which has now caused a delay on delivering these.

- I should get the back / main mounts by this time next week (Monday 27th Feb).

- I told them to delete all v1 files so this never happens again.

I am so very sorry for the delays guys that are waiting on me.

The good news the people in this batch of 30 and the next batch of 30 that also ordered a Snackbar Mod - these are all done and boxed ready to go as well as a few Poster Mods for a few people.

Of the parts that are good: the sign housing / resin inserts / and back covers - the inserts fitted perfectly and I have also made all the lighting kits so once the back inserts turn up it will be a 24hr turn around period to sending these out.

Sorry once again
Jady

98215F0B-F111-4729-BF1D-99DE59AFD034_1_105_c (resized).jpeg98215F0B-F111-4729-BF1D-99DE59AFD034_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#95 1 year ago

Jady,

Hi I need to order 2 x open sign mods for the 2 x snack bars I got from you. Would also buy a poster mod if you still have any.
Thank you!!!

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from Vegasbills:

Jady,
Hi I need to order 2 x open sign mods for the 2 x snack bars I got from you. Would also buy a poster mod if you still have any.
Thank you!!!

no worries, you will fall in batch 3 and will make sure 2 x open signs are allocated and 1 x poster mod

thanks for your support

Jady

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Wondering what batch I am in ?

Batch 4 but might slip into Batch 3 as have a few Batch 1 non-replies which may mean everyone jumps up 2-3 positions

Hoping to start getting them out, just experiencing a few minor teething issues.

#99 1 year ago

Wow I thought I was pretty early No rush anyhow

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Wow I thought I was pretty early No rush anyhow

I had about 90 people in 2 days across facebook, and 3 forums - so yes you were early but so did alot of others

Don't worry once I get this batch of 30 out (once the right back mounts come) I will be ordering all the parts and starting on lighting kits for the next 30 in a few days.

Day off today - as another year older and don't work on my birthday

Jady

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 27.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-open-sign/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.