Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Mocean
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Have the chance to pick up a creature in pretty nice shape for $2100 but the hologram is dead
But its in pretty nice shape other then that off route but clean.Just looking for some thoughts on this??Would i be able to resell when i want to rotate out and any new info on repo holograms or something to fix improve old ones ???

#2 11 years ago

I guess its hard to say how bad you're wanting the hologram. Someone is selling a repro hologram on ebay now but they're known to have some issues. FWIW, I'd say take $500 off but that's me. I'd try and get it a few 100 less if you can live without the hologram and really love the game. And its really as nice as you say.

There's been several mentions of options but nothing yet and I wouldn't hold my breath.

#3 11 years ago

I would buy it in a heartbeat.

#4 11 years ago

Like i said its not a collectors peice or anything but a nice off route game.$2100 is the rock bottom price and i will probaly jump on it bc i would really like to own a cftbl and no hologram does not affect gameplay so no big deal to me im just more worried if repo holograms do not come if i will be stuck with it when i go to sell and move on to another game ???

#5 11 years ago

Well good shape with a holo go for $3,300 so 2,100 makes the holo $1,200 . I put a b/w picture from the creature movie in mine and it looks good lite up. Fun game better than most other 2k games . Top 20 game and Halo will probably be reproduced for $200 down the road . Can't Lose

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I put a b/w picture from the creature movie in mine and it looks good lite up

Any possibilty of some pics ????

#7 11 years ago

Someone attempting to sell a CFTBL without a hologram puts a giant advantage on your side of the court--not many will buy it without one.

As of today, there are obviously no new reproductions being made.

Therefore, might as well play hardball (and try for the high Teens).

#8 11 years ago

Not gonna happen it will be put back out on location if i do not grab it.So really i guess the bottom line is how hard will it be to turn around and sell after i get tired of it and want something new ??

#9 11 years ago

You could always look into an LCD hologram. Saw this on rgp a while back but it seems like there may be licensing issues...

Link to forum post: http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?p=1970273

Good luck.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Not gonna happen it will be put back out on location if i do not grab it.So really i guess the bottom line is how hard will it be to turn around and sell after i get tired of it and want something new ??

With prices as they are, if you're tired of it in November, sell it then and get some of that Holiday cash! I've had mine for 12 years and love it. Rumors of a new Hologram from a proven source are beginning to circle again. You honestly can't loose at that price.

#11 11 years ago

Great price - grab it now.

#13 11 years ago

TPN- LOOK AT GOOGLE IMAGES -CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.There are several pictures . I like the black and white one from the movie of the creature coming out of the water. I tried a color picture but it showed too bright with the light off.

#14 11 years ago

wolfy how did you put the pic in and get it to show up good i guess is what i was getting at just curious how it would look in the game ??

#15 11 years ago

Copy it about half the size of the blacked out holo. Tape it to the middle of the old holo and when the light hits it it looks good. You can faintly see it with the creature spot light off . You will need to get black tape and cover all the holes around the holo so insert lights wont light up the picture.

#16 11 years ago

tpn2011,

Its a top pin and its on your wishlist. Go for it bro!
If its as good as you say and the only issue is the hologram, which seems to be a problem for others, one day there prob will be a replacement part.

#17 11 years ago

At that price seems to be a good deal, it pays the same hologram or not

#18 11 years ago

Sounds like I should be ok on this !!! The hologram does not bother me and I think I should be able to move and get my money back on this.It will prob be in the. Collection in about a mounth once pulled off location

#19 11 years ago

Bsd will probably go on the chopping block to fund this .Bsd is an amazing game not sure I can part with it will be abled to figure it out better after I pick up road show on sat

#20 11 years ago

I'm surprised you are even hesitating, $2100 is a very good price for a Creature even without the hologram, grab it!!

#21 11 years ago

That's a great price and there are some really cool alternatives to the dead hologram, some of which are already in this thread. A friend of mine replaced his with a bobblehead and some fake plants. Turned out fantastic. Personally I would try to find a nicely detailed model to use rather than the bobblehead, but that's where I would go with it. I've also heard of people putting a small LCD screen down there set up to play a loop of certain movie scenes.

Yea, the hologram is cool, but at the price (and risk of future failure) of a new one, I'd go for one of the alternatives. Besides, having an actual Creature down there is better than a hologram of one any day!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

You could always look into an LCD hologram. Saw this on rgp a while back but it seems like there may be licensing issues...
» YouTube video
Link to forum post: http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?p=1970273
Good luck.

This should be easy to do now. Cheap tablets and personal media players are less than $100. Snatch that thing up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-no-hologram-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.