Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

copy.jpg
100_0033.JPG
6927285321_12d5508133_b.jpg
DVD-RickJamesGreatHits1.JPG
Holo-Geraeteeinbau-IMG_8266.jpg
DSCN2357.JPG
DSCN2355.JPG
DSCN2353.JPG
IMG_00000165.jpg
IMG_00000164.jpg
jesus reimagined.jpeg
oldholo.jpg
newholo.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from pintaculous:

The Con's:
1. Apparently the original creature model was lost (or is in someones collection somewhere). The new model that was created to make the image is not too bad. But I was disappointed it was not a more accurate representation of the original Creature.

What I personally can't understand is why the new model couldn't be a more accurate representation of the original?

IE--talented artists can work their magic on canvas to create a near 100% clone of any painting. Fakes are omni-present in the art world.

Fakes so realistic, they're to the point of an expert having to be called in to verify a work's authenticity. Monet, Rembrandt--you name it.

Same goes for 3D statues.

Look at the Statue of David in Caesars Palace...they obviously didn't borrow the original.

You get the point.

Therefore, I'm left puzzled why a dead-ringer of the original can't be done/hasn't been done?

???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 50.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside