Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wiggy07
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am having an issue with my mirror in CFTBL. I believe I am getting no power to the Triac Board on the play field. I have checked all the fuses, all the connectors (J107, J123) and everything seems good. I also bought an after market Triac Driver board and replaced it. Still no power to the motor. I am getting power to the Hologram and also the light in the back of the cabinet that shines on the hologram to create the image under the play field plastic. Also I tried Mike D's Mod and I am getting no power to the board, if I plug the raspberry board into an external power supply, the board works. I tried two devices in the mirror connector and neither one worked. What else can I look at that powers this mirror? Thanks for the help.

#2 10 years ago

I know that the machine has 2 triac boards (I'm not sure, but I believe one controls the hologram assembly and the other powers the mirror assembly). I'd have to look at the schematics to verify

have you checked the motor itself on the mirror assembly to make sure that it's working?

to start with, you could put the machine in hologram test mode and with the playfield up, use a multi-meter to make voltage checks (starting at the motor connector) to see where exactly you're losing power

#3 10 years ago

J_m_ thanks for the response, the hologram is working and the projector light is working, the Triac board is working under the play field to at least work the hologram. I am trying Mike D's hologram mod which totally removes the Triac board next to the mirror motor on the bottom of the cabinet, and still I have no power, that eliminates at least one Triac board because it is totally removed from the setup. I also replaced the Triac board under the play field with a brand new repro. I believe the power loss is coming from somewhere off the back board, but I looked at the connectors, fuses, I am totally stumped.

#4 10 years ago

You probably need to look at schematics and see where the power is coming from, probably the main Power Driver Board in the backbox, if no schematic, trace all wires from the board back and start isolating from there.

#5 10 years ago

PinPlayer, thanks, I checked the diagrams and tested everything probably about 20 times on the back box and under the play field. I looked at all the areas pertaining to motor that are listed in the CFTBL manual. I reviewed the schematic and it seems I am getting no power from the back box to the Triac board mounted under the playfield. If anyone knows if any other fuse relates to the motor besides the one on the Triac board, or if any other wiring I can look at besides J107 and J123 which can cause the issue, it would be much appreciated. I am running out of ideas. Thanks again

#6 10 years ago

Our MOD is powered off of the flasher circuit using the IDC connector originally plugged into the mirror motor triac board at J1. Here is the wiring layout for the J1 connector:

Pin 1 (Red Wire) - +20V playfield flasher (from J107-5)
Pin 2 – Key
Pin 3 (Blu/Org wire) – SOL 27 (from J123-4)
Pin 4 (Black Wire) – Motor Ground (from J103-4)

Checkout pages 3-5 and 3-6 in the manual; these pages outline the flasher circuit.

Here are a couple things to try:

(1) Go into the flasher test mode and verify that all of your flashers are working, specifically the ones powered from J107-5 as outlined on page 3-5. I’d do this with the MOD unplugged. If they work, then try it with the MOD plugged in. If the flashers quit working with the RPi powered up, then goto (3)

(2) If the flashers aren’t working check Fuse 111, it feeds J107-5. Remember to pull the fuse and test it with a meter. If the fuse is good reseat J102, J107, and J103 and repeat (1).

(3) If you’re still having issues I look at BR4 on the PD board.

Hope this helps.

#7 10 years ago

I figured it out, whoever owned my machine before me wired the Creature mirror motor to J106. I followed the wire back to the back box and that is what I discovered. I re molexed the connector and now the motor seems to work again. Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 27.95
$ 9.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-mirror-motor-problem?hl=pinpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.