The purpose of this thread is to document my observations with the CFTBL LCD mod during boot sequence.
This thread is here to help others as they are installing or working on their CFTBL LCD mod.
The steps below will describe what I see during a good boot sequence of the LCD mod.
I noticed that my machine with the LCD mod prefers a 'warm' boot. If at first my mod might not wake up, so I would wait a bit, and carefully restart my machine. My mod is using a dedicated power supply that was sold by Mike.
The painters tape in the pictures is used to secure some extra clear sheets I've added to help protect the TV screen.
Also, my apology for the colored light reflections in the photos. I have colored light strings above my machines.
Power up sequence -
Turn your machine on.
1. LED Lights on the board will turn on. Since I am using a dedicated power supply, the original power connector is not used. It is shown loose, in this photo.
2. The words HDM1 will breifly appear in the corner of the screen.
3. A cursor will flash in the corner for awhile
4. A thick bar will appear lit at the bottom of the screen
5. The bar will get thinner
6. The bar will get thinner again, so thin, it looks like a line
7. The screen will go blank briefly
8. The first image/animation will appear.
Note - I'm just a hobbiest -- I'm not tech support for this mod.