By Lazza

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LowPower solenoids  (resized).PNG
    Switches (resized).PNG
    GI_Circuit (resized).PNG
    JetBumpernoflix (resized).PNG
    #1 3 years ago

Hi,

I want to add a flash light to the Jet bumper on Creature. I decided to buy this mod (https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/noflix-pinball-leds/noflix-bumper-light/6711/noflix-bumper-light) that has 2 side board.
    On the bottom side there are 3 led , on the top side there are 2 flash and other 4 led with brightness regulation.

it has 3 wire, 2 thin and one thick. If I connect the 2 thin to 6V and gnd all 7 led turn on. When I connect also the thick cable to ground the flash turn on.

The instruction tell me to connect
    - Connect the two white, thin wires to the GI (General Illumination).
    - Only for flash-effect: Solder the white thick cable onto e.g the ground of a coil or a slingshot contact

Done, but the problem is the the flash has low brightness.
    If I connect the thick cable to GI ground the flasher has more bright light.

I check the GI, low power solenoids and switches circuits and I see that the solenoids has normally 50VDC to the coils and when is activated the pin is grounded.
    The Switch circuit, connect to ground after 2 diodes....

So, I'm not sure that connecting the thick cable to solenoids doesn't burn everything because normally it's connected to 50V and on the other side there are 6V so the led has 44V..

Someone has some suggestion?

GI_Circuit (resized).PNGGI_Circuit (resized).PNGJetBumpernoflix (resized).PNGJetBumpernoflix (resized).PNGLowPower solenoids  (resized).PNGLowPower solenoids (resized).PNGSwitches (resized).PNGSwitches (resized).PNG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-jet-bumper-flash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.