View topic image gallery

D9BE6C89-14CF-4023-986E-D2E40299B633 (resized).jpeg
E9DB868C-2B6E-4F80-8D72-3304F5D5E67A (resized).jpeg
5BFDC3E2-6939-4DC3-9E75-DF5CDAB16C5A (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Somehow I am on their mailing list, and opened this month's ad to find this:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shopware.php?sViewport=detail&sArticle=9947

After opening a ticket with them, Marco sent me this link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/german-mail-forwarding-workaround-for-pinball-center

So the question: Are any pinsiders still doing bulk orders for other pinsiders from pinball center? The process looks to be a huge PITA, but do-able.

Besides the shipping challenge, the ink running/staining might bug me. Curious as to what other hologram-coveting CFTBL owners like me think about this?

I am currently rolling with the replacement that's available on Etsy, and while better than nothing: A creech without a hologram is, well.. simply that.

Perhaps a pooling of our resources is in order??? Zitt - you still out there????

Pete

#2 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased one of these? Those are very blurry images. I would never buy based on those photos.

#3 3 years ago

My creature is currently hanging out in the blue lagoon. I would be interested as long as the Pinball SP mod doesn't get released anytime soon.

#4 3 years ago

I don't own my CFTBL anymore and I made the ETSY LED replacement (now on Amazon) but I have bought from Pinball Center before and using mailbox.de is easy and it ships pretty fast just a little more than shipping direct from other sites.

Mailbox.de works flawlessly and is easy to use but you should build a group to do it. I can just say I did that before and a few people were jerks and barely paid me and not that I think someone should make huge money for doing it, but maybe $5 for just shipping tape and package material or a little time.

Honestly, I will never do it again for anyone I don't know or can do locally.

#5 3 years ago

wamonkey - right on man. I am willing to step up here since I started the thread am checking into mailbox.de now.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I would be interested as long as the Pinball SP mod doesn't get released anytime soon.

Don't think you'll have to worry about that project being ready any time soon....

#7 3 years ago

Order is in, and you were right wamonkey - mailbox.de was a piece of cake to setup.

Thank you for your order with Pinballcenter!

We have sent you the order confirmation by email.
Additionally you can print the order confirmation.

Product
Quantity
Hologram for Creature from the Black Lagoon

€102.59*

Sum:
€102.59*
Shipping costs:
€4.22*
Total amount:
€123.90
Total amount without VAT:
€106.81
Plus 16 % VAT:
€17.09

Now we wait... I will update when received and provide pics. Curious how bad that staining is and how noticeable it will be in-game...

Pete

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

My creature is currently hanging out in the blue lagoon. I would be interested as long as the Pinball SP mod doesn't get released anytime soon.

Yeah, about that...

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Order is in, and you were right wamonkey - mailbox.de was a piece of cake to setup.
Thank you for your order with Pinballcenter!
We have sent you the order confirmation by email.
Additionally you can print the order confirmation.
Product
Quantity
Hologram for Creature from the Black Lagoon
€102.59*
Sum:
€102.59*
Shipping costs:
€4.22*
Total amount:
€123.90
Total amount without VAT:
€106.81
Plus 16 % VAT:
€17.09
Now we wait... I will update when received and provide pics. Curious how bad that staining is and how noticeable it will be in-game...
Pete

I look forward to hearing your review.

#10 3 years ago

I have one of PC holograms on my machine.

PC is very upfront and Marco is a honest man. I am uk based so they have been key to my restoration.

The hologram is not as per original and is also not as clear and as described it does have some processing marks but it’s not bad at all. I am happy with it as a good solution

I used a 3m double sided adhesive film and this is how it turned out. You will need to adjust the lamp to get the best out of it and the motor on the bracket doesn’t really make the creature move as the original but I am happy with it.

I have taken a photo of it in situ attached and a video which I will upload and add a link to it once I have

Oh and though the stains are visible on the photos they are not that noticeable during play

5BFDC3E2-6939-4DC3-9E75-DF5CDAB16C5A (resized).jpeg5BFDC3E2-6939-4DC3-9E75-DF5CDAB16C5A (resized).jpegD9BE6C89-14CF-4023-986E-D2E40299B633 (resized).jpegD9BE6C89-14CF-4023-986E-D2E40299B633 (resized).jpegE9DB868C-2B6E-4F80-8D72-3304F5D5E67A (resized).jpegE9DB868C-2B6E-4F80-8D72-3304F5D5E67A (resized).jpeg

#11 3 years ago

Video

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don't think you'll have to worry about that project being ready any time soon....

LOL

#13 3 years ago

I do regular group orders

Added over 4 years ago:

I'm planning to do another group buy in early to mid August.
If this interests you for these CFTBL holograms; please send me or PM or look here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcenter-parts-needed

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from BigMo:

I have one of PC holograms on my machine.
PC is very upfront and Marco is a honest man. I am uk based so they have been key to my restoration.
The hologram is not as per original and is also not as clear and as described it does have some processing marks but it’s not bad at all. I am happy with it as a good solution
I used a 3m double sided adhesive film and this is how it turned out. You will need to adjust the lamp to get the best out of it and the motor on the bracket doesn’t really make the creature move as the original but I am happy with it.
I have taken a photo of it in situ attached and a video which I will upload and add a link to it once I have
Oh and though the stains are visible on the photos they are not that noticeable during play
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the review and video. I couldn’t find much information on this particular hologram version.

#15 3 years ago

Looks “better than nothing” which seems to be the case for all creature holo options. Good to have SOMETHING available and it’s not $400 like the last batch of not-quite-original repros.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from jk:

Thank you for the review and video. I couldn’t find much information on this particular hologram version.

Sorry, I should have said. This is the hologram that is linked in the first post by Phoerber

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks “better than nothing” which seems to be the case for all creature holo options. Good to have SOMETHING available and it’s not $400 like the last batch of not-quite-original repros.

CrazyLevi - Is this ldnayman from RGP? If so - hey dude!!! I remember you from way back when - cool to see you still around.

Pete

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

crazylevi - Is this ldnayman from RGP? If so - hey dude!!! I remember you from way back when - cool to see you still around.
Pete

Hahaha not everybody else always so happy to see me.

This place is crawling with noobs!!!

1 month later
#19 3 years ago

bump for anyone needed this CFTBL holos...
Ill be ordering from Pinball.Center at the end of august:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcenter-parts-needed#post-5784508

#20 3 years ago

Folks,

As promised an update: I received my order on Monday, so a little over a month to get it using the mailbox.de option. I will post pics once I install, but I am buried with other things at the moment. Big thanks to Zitt for offering to do this also, very cool dude.

Pete

3 weeks later
#21 3 years ago

After jumping a few hoops, I wanted to let you all know I received the hologram in one piece from Pinball Center in Germany. Mailbox.de was a fine mail proxy, and they performed as promised. It took, in my case, just shy of 40 days. I have not yet installed it, but will post pics when I do. From what I can tell, its nowhere close to a factory end product. However, it is an economical and passable replacement for those who have a non-working hologram. Happy to help any other pinsider looking to do this.

Pete in Seattle

1 month later
#22 3 years ago

bump for anyone needed this CFTBL holos...
Ill be ordering from Pinball.Center at the end of November:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcenter-parts-needed/page/2#post-5955359

10 months later
#23 2 years ago

So, is it a good solution or not this Pinballcenter Holo ? thx

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-holograms-available-at-pinballcenter-gmbh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.