(Topic ID: 165958)

CFTBL Hologram Repro Revisited

By CrazyLevi

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like some people bitched about it not looking exactly like the original - which it doesn't, as they used a different model.
I decided to go ahead and get it. I just can't live without a hologram in my Creature as that's an incredibly cool feature.
The other mods, while clever (LCD, models) just don't cut it for me and waiting for an original to pop up on ebay for $800 isn't really gonna work either.

Hi Levi,

I don't think that you will be disappointed with the CFTBL hologram created by Pinball Dreams (PD) in Germany. PD makes the hologram that is sold by PPS. I received my reproduction CFTBL hologram back in October of 2013.

Yes, the 3-D model that was created by PD is slightly different from the original 3-D model, however, the reproduction hologram is very crisp in its detail and it is also very green and true to the original hologram even though it is slightly different. I think that PD did a tremendous job with this reproduction hologram. My hologram still looks brand new with absolutely no color fade after almost 3 years.

The URL's below contain the history of this project by PD.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-reproduction
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-repro-infos-pics-video-and-preorderlist

I am very picky with regards to reproduction CFTBL holograms and this hologram created by PD fully met all of my expectations and I am very satisfied with the overall quality of the PD reproduction holograms. Yes, it is not an inexpensive reproduction, but when you see all of the challenges that went into creating this hologram the final price seems justified.

Gord

2 years later
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For sure, I agree.
And I want another one!

It looks like PPS has them in stock.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-15953HOL

Gord

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Awesome. Thanks!
$350 is a lot but it’s the defining feature of the game and I can’t live with the shitty blue one I have.
I’ll pay it. Might buy 2 this time.

Smart move because when this current batch of CFTBL holograms are gone you don't know if 'Pinball Dreams' will make another run of them down the road.

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 24.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-repro-revisited?tu=GRB1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.