CFTBL Hologram Repro Revisited

By CrazyLevi

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So it's been a few years since this thing came out. Folks who have purchased it - how did this work out for you? Has it held up? Are you happy with it? Do you spend half of every game rationalizing the purchase because you don't like the way it looks, or do you in fact gaze in wonder upon a super green hologram that replaced the former void of blue and black that was in your lagoon?

The thing ain't cheap. It ain't even reasonable. But I suppose PPS has figured out people are either gonna buy it or not so tough titty.

So...what say you, Creature owners?

Note - not really interested in the opinions of people who decided not to buy one, or those who still have a nice green original and just want to post a bunch of pictures of it to mock me. But you will anyway. Bastards.

#2 7 years ago

I'm interested in this info also. My hologram is ok, but if I knew these were well received and weren't going to disintegrate in the next few years I would be tempted to get one as a backup.

#3 7 years ago

I say if a solid repro came out I'd buy it.

#4 7 years ago

I thought the repros had issues, but that's from memory (or lack of)

#5 7 years ago

I bought the one direct from Pinball Dreams in Europe. They did a great job, yes it ain't cheap, but really completes a beautiful machine.
I use the green mirror and the halogen lamp from pinbits as well.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I bought the one direct from Pinball Dreams in Europe. They did a great job, yes it ain't cheap, but really completes a beautiful machine.
I use the green mirror and the halogen lamp from pinbits as well.

How long have you had it?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I thought the repros had issues, but that's from memory (or lack of)

Seems like some people bitched about it not looking exactly like the original - which it doesn't, as they used a different model.

I decided to go ahead and get it. I just can't live without a hologram in my Creature as that's an incredibly cool feature.

The other mods, while clever (LCD, models) just don't cut it for me and waiting for an original to pop up on ebay for $800 isn't really gonna work either.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like some people bitched about it not looking exactly like the original - which it doesn't, as they used a different model.
I decided to go ahead and get it. I just can't live without a hologram in my Creature as that's an incredibly cool feature.
The other mods, while clever (LCD, models) just don't cut it for me and waiting for an original to pop up on ebay for $800 isn't really gonna work either.

Hi Levi,

I don't think that you will be disappointed with the CFTBL hologram created by Pinball Dreams (PD) in Germany. PD makes the hologram that is sold by PPS. I received my reproduction CFTBL hologram back in October of 2013.

Yes, the 3-D model that was created by PD is slightly different from the original 3-D model, however, the reproduction hologram is very crisp in its detail and it is also very green and true to the original hologram even though it is slightly different. I think that PD did a tremendous job with this reproduction hologram. My hologram still looks brand new with absolutely no color fade after almost 3 years.

The URL's below contain the history of this project by PD.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-reproduction
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-repro-infos-pics-video-and-preorderlist

I am very picky with regards to reproduction CFTBL holograms and this hologram created by PD fully met all of my expectations and I am very satisfied with the overall quality of the PD reproduction holograms. Yes, it is not an inexpensive reproduction, but when you see all of the challenges that went into creating this hologram the final price seems justified.

Gord

2 years later
#9 5 years ago

Anybody know if they plan on rerunning this thing again?

I wish they would! (have another creature that needs a hologram and couldn't be less interested in LCD screen mods)

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody know if they plan on rerunning this thing again?
I wish they would! (have another creature that needs a hologram and couldn't be less interested in LCD screen mods)

Levi, I bought one just to have for shits and giggles as my original was great. When I installed the neked Pf I left the hologram exposed to light and when I got the game working again it was black. Good thing I had the repro. To answer your question my repro is still looking good and I like it better than the original. I believe the guy said he wasn't going to make any more because people here bitched that it didn't look like the original and it was too expensive.

Happy New Year

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Levi, I bought one just to have for shits and giggles as my original was great. When I installed the neked Pf I left the hologram exposed to light and when I got the game working again it was black. Good thing I had the repro. To answer your question my repro is still looking good and I like it better than the original. I believe the guy said he wasn't going to make any more because people here bitched that it didn't look like the original and it was too expensive.
Happy New Year

For sure, I agree.

And I want another one!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For sure, I agree.
And I want another one!

It looks like PPS has them in stock.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-15953HOL

Gord

#13 5 years ago

Yeah but $349 - I get it, holograms are expensive, but wow.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Yeah but $349 - I get it, holograms are expensive, but wow.

Yep, and they know you need it or you go without. All about that supply and demand. Making my blurry hologram work as long as possible.

#15 5 years ago

Wow, $350.

#16 5 years ago

Awesome. Thanks!

$350 is a lot but it’s the defining feature of the game and I can’t live with the shitty blue one I have.

I’ll pay it. Might buy 2 this time.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Awesome. Thanks!
$350 is a lot but it’s the defining feature of the game and I can’t live with the shitty blue one I have.
I’ll pay it. Might buy 2 this time.

Smart move because when this current batch of CFTBL holograms are gone you don't know if 'Pinball Dreams' will make another run of them down the road.

Gord

#18 5 years ago

In the last 6 days of activity in a relatively dead thread, all vendors are now out of the hologram: PPS, Ministry, and Pinball Decals Inc. They have them since I bought mine in 2017.

Interesting how that works.

2 years later
#19 2 years ago

Anyone got a spare they’re open to selling? Got a Creech with a pretty much completely blank original holo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-repro-revisited?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.