Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7429 (resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).PNG
Capture_(resized).PNG
IMG_20160630_185408553_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Fezzik_Creature_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

You don't need licensing if you don't show an exact analogue of The Creature (and logo) ... in fact not doing so would allow far more creativity.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am in for sure! Since MikeD has decided to stop making these I wonder if he would just let you pay him a small royalty to use his video???

So 3 lots of royalties to pay? It would be crazy not to just do original graphics and animations ... you could be far more creative, and have carte blanche to do whatever you wanted with modes and other things, and not pay a cent in royalties.

1 week later
#75 7 years ago

Suggested improvement over the PinballMikeD mod:

Got my original (v2.0) working today. Power / logic board wasn't feeding power to the Raspberry Pi, so had to use a phone charger. I'd only watched footage of it before, not seen one in action in the flesh.

Whilst one of the more ambitious mods, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with it. As I'd seen in videos, there is CONSIDERABLE delay between the screen playing the appropriate video for the mode, and there are often long pauses between videos with a blank screen. It isn't particularly seemless.

I suspect this is mainly because of the Pi's rather modest media processing capabilities, rather than processing the data being input to it, or inherent latency or media read speeds on the storage.

This is definitely something that can and should be improved considerably, given how much more powerful cheap 'mini computers' have become.

Hadn't really seen any discussion of this before, so thought it was worth pointing out. I know Mike was working on a v3.0 before he ended the mod .. perhaps it would have improved in this respect. Hope Rappelbox can do it.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

On my testing rig there is a delay of approx 200-300ms and NO black screen, stuttering or other issues in that direction
Depending on how the machine will behave exactly, it looks very promising.
Greets,
Dom

That's good news.

What's the mini-pc / media delivery thing that you're using?

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

I LOVE the Creech, but at this point blocking so much money by buying one?! Maybe i'll ramp up with a video artist, cutter, another programmer etc...
On the other hand, nothing is more satisfying than owning one little beast.
What would you do?
Greetings,
Dom

Borrow one. Go all out. People will fall over themselves to buy the mod if it's good. More orders = buying parts in higher numbers = higher margin for you = being able to afford a better CftBL.

2 weeks later
#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

If I can see a demo of the software, I would be willing to preorder. On MikeD's he did not supply the monitor. A way to cut down costs. As a matter of fact I purchased the monitor that was required for MikeD's and have it sitting here, so I am all in for a non monitor product.

I would imagine given that this is quite some time later than MikeD's original mod, it'll be a 1920x1080 (FullHD) screen and output signal used, not the HD on Mike's.

1 month later
#163 7 years ago

Don't you think it would be a good idea to remove the pre-order and then post it again once you have completed a finished prototype?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 45.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-mod-revival?tu=rubberducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.